TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest 5_moves_of_doom

Ahem. "Pixies Reunion On The Cards?"

Guest 5_moves_of_doom

http://www.nme.com/news/105556.htm

I could probably successfully jack off to this article, if I wanted to. The Pixies are probably my favorite band of all time (er, well, at least one of them)... so I'm pretty much in Heaven.

Any attempts at a new CD will probably be "eh, decent," but come tour time... I am fucking THERE. The Pixies were never known for their live shows, but their songs alone have enough energy in them to make for a fun time, so I'll be driving up to wherever they're playing, just to live out my dream of attending a Pixies concert.

Anyhow, comments? I find it pretty cool that they still "get together and jam," since I thought there was a little bad blood between Kim Deal and Frank Black... but unless they REALLY screw this up, this can lead to nothing but good.

Oh, and final note: ...Whatever DID happen to that DVD that they were releasing? Thought I heard it'd been delayed until late this year... but I want to see that "Gouge" documentary, dammit.

Guest Incandenza

The DVD isn't suppose to come out till September, if I remember correctly. I'm erect with anticipation.

As for a reunion, yeah, I'll go to a show if they come anywhere within decent driving distance of me, but I'm not expecting much.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

They'll probably just go on tour, sit on stage, and eat potato chips while indie-rockin' fanboys froth at such a sight. They'll be RICH, I tells ya. RICH.

Guest Incandenza
They'll probably just go on tour, sit on stage, and eat potato chips while indie-rockin' fanboys froth at such a sight. They'll be RICH, I tells ya. RICH.

Half of them will froth, the other half will tell anyone who will listen, "See, I told you they'd suck."

Guest La Parka Es Mi Papa

*is a huge Pixies fanboy, and would probably be in the frothing community*

Wow, this is awesome news. The Pixies are without a doubt one of my favorite bands ever.

Guest 5_moves_of_doom
They'll probably just go on tour, sit on stage, and eat potato chips while indie-rockin' fanboys froth at such a sight.  They'll be RICH, I tells ya.  RICH.

Half of them will froth, the other half will tell anyone who will listen, "See, I told you they'd suck."

Whether they suck or not... once they've played the invincible Surfa Rosa trio, and "Gouge Away," I'll go home happy. "Into the White" would be a nice bonus too... I haven't been keeping up with the Breeders lately as much as I should... but I'm hoping that Kim's still got that soft yet sandpapery voice of her's... oh, and I hope Joey's still an insane weirdo who never talks. Schweet.

Guest godthedog

weird. i was listening to 'surfer rosa' when i saw the title of this thread.

this pretty much looks like pure speculation, like when lennon said he might want to get together with the rest of the beatles. i'm not holding my breath until i see something definite.

Guest saturnmark4life

It's not necessary. Having Seen Frank Black live when 'Dog in the Sand' was released, I can say all the pixies covers he played were truly fucking awesome, virtually identical to the originals. And he played shitloads of his own stuff too. Best gig ever. And he's coming back in October. Critique I've heard against him since is that he's oversaturated his set with pixies stuff. I want both ends of the spectrum. It's a different style of music people, it's not going to be anywhere near as influential but he's matured as a songwriter a lot, and he never gets enough credit for that.