TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DerangedHermit

'Zo to sign with Nets

Guest Choken One

Or they will save their money..Sign a Big Body for a season and Hope Garnett is open...

Orlando is trying to get either Howard or Brown, as they still need some toughness on their front line... I hope they get Brown because he is a proven 4 in this league and can do the dirty work. Howard is a better scorer, but I'm not really sold on him.

Brand is a PF, plain and simple, he is only 6'9", maybe 6'10". because Duncan hates to play the 5, that wouldn;t make any sense to get him... as squeezably soft as he is, Olowakandi makes more sense.

The Spurs are screwed this season by Kidd staying in New Jersey, as much as the Laker fans can orgasm over getting Payton and Malone, they still hvae to work out the chemistry issue, not to mention Kobe and Shaq's health issues (in Shaq's case he needs to mix in a salad), so they aren't guaranteed anything. The west is going to be even more of a dogfight than it was last year.

Guest Choken One

I have the feeling that all these big names left (Clipper Boys and Brown) will be looking at the east for the lighter comp and easy road to finals...

Guest Human Fly
Or they will save their money..Sign a Big Body for a season and Hope Garnett is open...

That's exactly what I would do. Don't just spend money because you have it. Next year Kobe (if he's not in jail) and Garnett will be available take your shot at them. Also the Clipper guys who aren't unrestricted this year most likely will be next year.

I do think that SA should try and sign the Kandi man though.

If the Lakers do get their chemistry right they will run away with it. If I'm SA I don't hitch myself to big overproced long-term contract to try and outdo, basically, an All-Star team.

On topic: This is a good move for the Nets. K-Mart, Mutombo, and now Mourning makes them the favorite in the east (and they were already in my book). But, as pointed out they still need a shooter if they are to contend for anything.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

Just for the record, Duncan already does play center. They call him a power forward, but he's not, he just guards power forwards.

Guest Lethargic
Just for the record, Duncan already does play center. They call him a power forward, but he's not, he just guards power forwards.

Hmm, what? If he's a center they wouldn't call him a power forward and he wouldn't guard power forwards. He'd be called a center and he'd guard centers.

Guest ant_7000

I don't know why Duncan don't like playing Center. He has a Center's game and has the ability to guard centers effectively.

Guest Choken One

I never really got the difference between CENTER and Power Foward...esp when it comes to Duncan...

Guest The ChriZa
As I said in the other two other Nets threads-

This fucking sucks. I HATE Alonzo Mourning and do not want to see him a Nets uniform at all.

I am happy that the Nets are getting so much coverage on the boards though

So what's with all the hate for the Wizard of 'Zo, Bob?

The man is a workhorse, and a machine. He just happens to have one faulty part, and he is now cleared to go.

He's had attitude problems in the past, but certainly not anything on the level of some of the dickheads like J. O'Neal and that prick Ron Artest. Definitely nothing I would use as a reason to "hate" him. So what's the problem with him?

Incidentally, Pat Ewing can eat me.

Guest Vern Gagne

Garnett and Bryant both will resign with their teams. Most if not all of the big name free agents end up resigning.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

Who else is up next year besides KG and Kobe? (and I agree, I think they'll both resign.)