TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest JangoFett4Hire

White stripes tour cancelled??

Guest JangoFett4Hire

I heard they had to cancel dates due to Jack being in a car accident... yet cannot find

sunstantial evidence- has anyone else heard this?

Guest Ten Ton Lid

From mtv.com

Stripes' Jack White Injures Finger In Car Accident

"White Stripes singer/guitarist Jack White was injured in a car crash in his native Detroit on Wednesday afternoon, suffering a compound fracture to his left index finger.

The injury, which prevents White from playing guitar, has forced the band to pull out of headlining slots on two major European festivals — Saturday's T in the Park in Scotland and Sunday's Witnness Festival in Ireland — according to a V2 Records spokesperson.

The duo are scheduled to kick off a 26-date North American tour on July 19 in Providence, Rhode Island. Those dates are set to run through September 25, after which the band is slated to tour Japan. The spokesperson said it is not yet known whether the injury will affect those shows.

The news is especially hard on a band that relies on just drums and guitar, and it comes just four months after drummer Meg White fractured her left wrist in a fall just before the group was to play some promotional gigs in support of its fourth LP, Elephant.

The accident, in which White's car was struck by another vehicle, shouldn't stop the punk blues duo from going on their next adventure, however. Jack — who recently shot a cameo for the upcoming film adaptation of the Civil War novel "Cold Mountain" — and Meg will join the cast of indie filmmaker Jim Jarmusch's upcoming "Coffee and Cigarettes." The duo will play themselves in one of the vignettes in the film, which is also slated to feature Iggy Pop, Tom Waits and actor Steve Buscemi. —Gil Kaufman"

Guest redbaron51

if it was his right hand, he could have played.

left hand...eww.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

White Stripes Tour cancelled through August 10

From Pitchforkmedia.com:

As we begrudgingly reported on um, Monday, Jack White fractured his left index finger in a car accident, forcing the dynamic duo to relinquish their headlining slots at the T in the Park and Witness festivals to The Flaming Lips. Now, as reported on their official site-- as well as the major news media (no shit)-- the finger fracture has forced the postponement of their U.S. summer tour. Furthermore, the verdict is still out on whether tha finga will heal in time for the Reading/Leeds festival in late August. The city of Milwaukee has reportedly just fucking given up, since the now postponed August 8th show had already been rescheduled from a July 5th cancellation.

To satisfy your curiosity, Jack has posted a statement on the official website which reads, "I broke my finger, three breaks, car wreck, horrible left turn in front of me, no chance of escape, air bag, the air near my fingers, devil in my left hand, doctors say no way, lots of pain, typing with one finger, made it through year of rock'n'roll death, got off with just a warning. Apologies to those wishing to see my hand live, soon enough I'm sure, now me and meg can share war stories, I love when we share, like once there was a monkey, and we shared the experience as children do." Harrowing.

Oh well. Hope you get your refunds soon, folks.

Guest Incandenza

They played in Orlando last month. I would've gone, but tickets were $29. Twenty-nine dollars! I guess pyro like flame-spewing candy canes and exploding peppermints don't come cheap.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

You think $29 was bad? I was going to go to the show at USF in Tampa, but it would've been over $40 after service charges. And they've just got a drum kit and a guitar. I shudder to think how much it would have cost if they had a bassist.

Guest Incandenza

There's a record store in Orlando--Park Ave. CDs--that sells tickets to shows in the area (re: Orlando) for face value. Whenever I'm in town and I know there's a show I wanna hit, I go there. For instance, I was there for three days this past weekend (saw Dismemberment Plan on Saturday and Sleepytime Gorilla Museum on Monday--both were quite good), and I was able to acquire a ticket to see the Blood Brothers for $8. It would've been over 12 bucks if I went through Ticketmaster.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I hate ticketbastard. How is it a convenience charge? It's awful convenient that it costs so fucking much. Leeches.