TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest PowerPB13

NWA-TNA Preview for July 16th

Guest PowerPB13

JEFF JARRETT VS LEGEND

The situation between Jeff Jarrett and Legend took a dramatic turn last week as Jeff Jarrett was left a bloody mess. The beating Jeff Jarrett received was so severe that his father, Jerry Jarrett, made his first live on camera appearance on an episode of NWA-TNA: Total Nonstop Action. This week, Jeff Jarrett will be out for revenge. This one won't be pretty. Don't expect much in the way of mat wrestling. This will be a war!

JERRY LYNN VS JUSTIN CREDIBLE

LAST MAN STANDING MATCH

These two former friends have been at each other's throats for the past few weeks and will meet up once again this Wednesday night. This time, it's in a "Last Man Standing" match. This kind of match has been called different names in the past, most notably a "Texas Death Match". The rules are simple. There are no rules. Pinfalls don't determine the winner. After each fall the participant has a 10 count to make it back to his feet. The "Last Man Standing" wins the match.

NEW JACK & SHARK BOY VS HARRIS BROTHERS

The unlikely duo of New Jack and Shark Boy faces off this week with the Harris Brothers. Last week the Harris Brothers tried to embarrass Shark Boy by taking off his mask and this week New Jack returns to make sure his little buddy has backup.

CHRIS SABIN (CHAMPION) VS FRANKIE KAZARIAN (CHALLENGER)

X TITLE MATCH

They both call themselves "The Future", and Frankie Kazarian has made quite an impression on TNA since his arrival, but particularly on Chris Sabin. Kazarian defeated Sabin in a non-title matchup but Sabin was able to get a win over Kazarian last week...but only after Kazarian had competed in a grueling match with 5 other X contenders. This time it will be one on one, and the belt is on the line.

STING: BEHIND THE PAINT (PART 3)

Mike Tenay continues his candid conversation with Sting in the final installment of Sting: Behind The Paint.

SIT DOWN INTERVIEW: KID KASH & ABYSS

Mike Tenay interviews Kid Kash regarding his "attitude problem".

INTERROGATION: AMERICA'S MOST WANTED

They're the hottest tag team in the business today, but this week they're on the hot seat as they face the interrogation from Mike Tenay & Don West.

ALSO ON THE SHOW

Don Callis, and his new monster Edward Chastain, will be on the show. Callis has issued an open challenge to anyone who believes Hardcore Wrestling has a place in TNA. A former WCW Hardcore Champion has been in contact with TNA officials and may be on hand to answer the challenge.

D-LO Brown has lobbied NWA officials for a special match with AJ Styles that is expected to take place on our July 23 broadcast and will announce the details of that match on this week's program.

Elix Skipper believes he is "pound for pound" the greatest wrestler in the world today. Skipper plans to issue an open challenge to anyone who wants to face him on this week's show.

Perhaps most importantly, we promise not to set Mike Tenay on fire!

All this and much more, only on pay-per-view. NWA-TNA: Total Nonstop action airs live at 8pm Eastern on iN DEMAND and DirecTV Channel 102. An immediate replay follows the live airing.

Guest Zack Malibu

Sabin/Kazarian for the belt will be good-great. The Last Man Standing if given enough time (funny how we always say that about these two) could be shockingly good as well. Jarrett/Legend should be decent, and I'm calling for Funk or Smiley to take on Edward Chastain.

Average show, but not horrible.

Guest BoboBrazil

Nooooo, please don't give Kazarian the belt. Give it to someone that is actually good like Kid Romeo :angry:

Kinda filler show, but I'm lookin forward to Elix Skipper wrestling, and the X title match. At least Lynn/Credible will last at least 10 seconds. I think if Frankie wins the X title, Bobo will destroy his TV.

LOL...just reread that they won't set Mike Tenay on fire.

I have no reason why the Kazarian heat is here. He's a little bland for a face, but wouldn't everyone complain if TNA put the belt on a guy who was extremely charismatic, but peeked at ***? I know they need guys who can do both, but to me, the fact that Kazarian will eventually make a brilliant heel (I think Barron was the ROH event with him) and already is a great worker should help things.

Jack & Shark Boy vs. Harris should be a bad match. I'm still looking forward to the conclusion of the Skark Boy mask angle. I still wonder how Jack feels about working with two Nazi's.

Skipper match should be a ** 1/2 - *** if given even eight minutes.

Lynn vs. Credible will be good if they let the two just do what they did in ECW. They stuck to the ring and outside area, and just tore it up. Not perfect matches, but they were all around ** 1/2 - ***, so I'll be satisfied.

Legend vs. Jarrett - Well, for once we should all wish TNA gives something less time instead of more.

Let's hope AMW have James, Konnan, and Truth interrogating them. No AMW wrestling + them talking = :angry:

Im wondering who Skipper is gonna face and the Hardcore champ showing up. And screw the Kazarian heat. He's good. Im thinking he loses this match and wins next week in a ladder match.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Let's see...

I'll put my preview up later but here's my quick reactions:

JJ vs. Legend...if they put them in the ring it could be good...but they've had two brawls with no bells rung so far. I'd imagine Legend would win since Jarrett has been so beat up...but Jarrett rarely loses.

Sabin vs. Kazarian was fantastic last time they had a real match (last week was an angle more than a match)...so I'm pumped.

Lynn vs. Credible has been blah so far...and I don't like LMS matches much. It should be bad...but I don't know if it will be good.

New Jack, Shark Boy and the Harrises...NOOOOOO

If they give Skipper someone good that could be awesome.

Guest RedJed

The show doesnt look that bad other than the Harris Boys tag really. I would assume they do Douglas v. Raven as the main event perhaps or something along those lines.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

It's possible...but they've really been pushing the Lynn/Credible match hard this past week (although one could argue that's only because it wsa the only match they knew) I wouldn't be shocked if that was last...as it should be the blow-off and be planned out pretty well to be long.

...I am hoping this one will be good....(Crosses Fingers)It will be my first NWA:TNA and if I like it I will continue to order them, or if I dont, I will just order them by what sounds good to me. Im looking forward to X Title Match,Skipper,Raven v. Douglas(If it happens and just to see Raven) I would love to see AMW and XXX but I doubt they will show.....

Guest bob_barron
...I am hoping this one will be good....(Crosses Fingers)It will be my first NWA:TNA and if I like it I will continue to order them, or if I dont, I will just order them by what sounds good to me. Im looking forward to X Title Match,Skipper,Raven v. Douglas(If it happens and just to see Raven) I would love to see AMW and XXX but I doubt they will show.....

Christopher Daniels is in Japan- So he won't be there

Guest DonWestMark03

This episode of TNA doesn't look too bad. I am excited that Chris Sabin, Shark Boy, and Justin Credible~! will be on this episode. They make a great contribution to the roster. :headbang:

Guest PowerPB13

My main hope for this and future NWA-TNA shows is a purely selfish one...I hope the crew from Gateway Championship Wrestling gets an opportunity to wrestle on the pay-per-views more often. Matt Sydal and Delirious worked the PPV last week. Billy McNeil, Daizee Haze, MsChif, and Ryan Ash have worked XPlosion. And I think others on the GCW roster like Diamond Back Dingo(Jess McGrath's favorite wrestler) and OuTtKaSt would turn some heads as well.

-Patrick

Guest RedJed
It's possible...but they've really been pushing the Lynn/Credible match hard this past week (although one could argue that's only because it wsa the only match they knew) I wouldn't be shocked if that was last...as it should be the blow-off and be planned out pretty well to be long.

I just cant see Lynn-Credible as the ending of the show, but they could always do that and some angle at the end with whoever. I hope that not making mention of Raven in the preview means he's gone AGAIN this week....they got to get this thing with him and Mitchell/Douglas rolling.

I have no idea who the other surprise of the week is, but I'm pretty sure Funk will take on the newbie with Callis. It wouldnt shock me in the least to see them bring in Jeff Hardy against Skipper.

Also got a question about last week.......did something fall through with D-Lo and the whole person in his corner thing? I swear I read Meltzer claim the person was supposed to be one of the all time greatest of the sport or something? Like it was a big name.

Guest Your Olympic Hero
The hardcore champ is Terry Funk.

I would bet on Devon "Crowbar" Storm to come in and take some huge chokeslam bump for the new guy.

Guest Dynamite Kido
This episode of TNA doesn't look too bad. I am excited that Chris Sabin, Shark Boy, and Justin Credible~! will be on this episode. They make a great contribution to the roster. :headbang:

Shark boy is great but they stuck him with New Jack, so that sucks. Credible is overrated. But Sabin is awesome though. Show doesn't look good enough to order though.

Guest PowerPB13

I'm hoping for Matt Sydal to be Elix Skipper's opponent, for a couple of reasons.

Elix is putting himself over as the best pound-for-pound wrestler in the world, so it might give the fans a different view of his skills if he fought a smaller opponent like Matt(whose old slogan in GCW was "Size Doesn't MATTer").

Also, Elix and Matt have worked together before, at a GCW show in May of 2002...so they know each other in that regard. It'd be a hell of a match, just like it was then(I was fortunate enough to be there live for the first Elix vs. Matt match).

On top of that, last week Elix was at ringside briefly for the six-way match, but took a walk because he lost interest(and the commentators wanted to talk about the match instead of him :))...so it would make sense for someone from that match to get offended by that "snub" and want to fight him.

-Patrick

Elix Skipper vs. Matt, 5/10/02 in GCW

gcwmayday01.jpg

Edited by PowerPB13