TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DawnBTVS

SWF Football League Inside...

Guest TheBostonStrangler

I think that the combination of being champ, but also being Xero, should have you the middle pick in teh first round.

Guest WrestlingDeacon

Tell you what, Xero. Ask for a match against me next week, you win and can have first pick. I win and I get your first draft pick, wherever it winds up in the order.

Cheat to win, buddy!

Guest HVilleThugg

Hell no.

Not sure if you were joking about this Frost...but...uhhh...no. Not fair to the rest of us who have no opportunity to get 2 first round picks....

Da "jumping in the of this like he owns the place" H

Guest WrestlingDeacon

Don't sweat it, old man. I was just ganking Xero's chain, wanted to see what he would say. Yet, you make it sound like I would beat Xero for the pick automatically. After I do, you can come out of retirement and face me for the pick. We can have a tournament for Xero's draft pick. After all, he's the defending champion and will beat us all no matter what, right?

Guest HVilleThugg

Now THAT sounds like a good idea. Hell, we should just go ahead and have a tournament for ALL of Xero's picks...and then one for his girlfriend...and maybe one for his sister and mom.

Da "always goes too far" H

Guest Space_Cowboy

All your draft picks don't matter, since i'm going to win anyway.

Guest HVilleThugg

Yeah...ok Stryke...sure you are.

Da "has a good, hearty laugh with Frost as they toss back cold ones on Stryke's credit card" H

Guest Grand Slam

Is Outcast still around? I haven't seen him around the SWF boards in weeks.

Guest HVilleThugg

Well, he needs to make sure he gets in on this...I'll find him online today and tell him to sign up.

Da "uses his masterful people finding skills" h

Guest DawnBTVS

Here's the Draft Order~! Completely randomized by picking names out of a hat(no joking...used one sheet of paper and everything...yes I'm sad) so don't bitch to me. Just look for sleepers, etc and get revenge that way.

#1: San Miguel Beermen

#2: Defending the Title

#3: Hville Thuggs

#4: Cincinnati Carnies

#5: Presented by BankOne

#6: Boston Rattlesnakes

#7: Team Martindale

#8: The Lawnmowers

#9: Alberta Alliteration

#10: Pipe Dream

#11: Superstations

#12: Frost's Flakes

#13: Urban Beautification

#14: The Amazing Randos

Guest The Amazing Rando

..................bastard.

Guest Space_Cowboy

5th pick, for once i'm not one of the last to draft like in every other fantasy draft i do.

Guest HVilleThugg

I'd much rather have prefered you give me the #1 pick like Xero last year due to the sheer fact that I am DA MAN and that I could very possibly WRECK YOUR SHIT!

Oh wait...you're new and you don't know anything about me or my career...very well then.

Da "3rd pick is good enough" H

Guest WrestlingDeacon

Look on the bright side Rando, you get the first pick in round two and in essence, back to back picks. I had that for the baseball draft and quite liked it, although my teams is slowing petering out now.

I myself am stuck in the ass end of nowhere. Pick #12. I'm going to have to find all the sleepers, because you know all the stars will be gone by the time I get to pick. BASTARDS!

:Frost makes a team of people only named "Grammatica":

Guest HVilleThugg

It's going to be offline....so I guess we're just waiting for the game to set up the draft stuff so we can rank our players.

Da "knows all, tells all" H

Guest DawnBTVS

I was reading over the offline draft thing and it says that it can't be done through Yahoo's drafting system(Thus no ranking players, etc.). However I was thinking we'd do it in the SWF Chat maybe or if we do it e-mail wise(1st team sends e-mail with player selected, 2nd team sends e-mail to me with pick, etc.) I'd start a thread listing each draft pick made. As far as the date goes, I'm thinking maybe mid-August(Around the 17th maybe)...

Guest WrestlingDeacon

You can make it online and just as long as people have their draft lists fixed, the system will automatically just select who's next on the list of available players. An online draft doesn't mean you have to be online to make your selection.

I kind of like the idea of meeting up in chat or having a thread on the boards for discussion and such, but if we wait everybody to make picks, this could take forever.

Guest Tyler McClelland

Do it in chat, and select the Yahoo-ranked top player for those not there.

And make DAMN sure everyone knows when the draft is.

Guest Tyler McClelland

Most leagues have already drafted, so the 9th or 10th might be better.

Guest WrestlingDeacon

That works for me. I would say make it an evening that you usually see a good many people in chat, like a Monday or Tuesday, or a night where it's easy to get people around like a Sunday.

Guest WrestlingDeacon

I just stuck my head over at the fantasy site and I am still unable to edit or set my pre-draft rankings, although I see the draft order has been assigned.

Guest Tyler McClelland

That's because Conklin is going to do the draft himself, i.e. with us in chat. No worries.

Guest HVilleThugg

No...I don't like this live draft idea. I think if you set the league to be a live draft, then people can rank they're players and the system will pick them...just like every other fantasy football game.

I know people like Mark woon't be available to be in chat to draft players. Usually offline draft means you rank the players and the system picks them for you...i don't know why Yahoo is gay. That's the way we need to do it, and I can't imagine that yahoo doesn't have an option to do it this way.

Da "bad idea" H

Guest WrestlingDeacon

Yeah, I'm with Thugg, this is what I was trying to say. We should be able to order our draft picks, pre-draft, that way if someone is unable to come into chat or be online when the draft goes down the system will just pick the top available player on their list. It also help those who will be around to get their draft picks in order so things will run more smoothly.

Guest Tyler McClelland

Actually, you can do that. Just re-rank your players and Conklin or whomever is the commish can draft it like that for you. Just PM him your lists.

It's not in the system itself, but it still works fine.

Guest HVilleThugg

No because there are too many players to rank by hand. Usually, most people rank they're top 10 or 15 in each position, and then just use the system preset rankings for the rest. I don't have time to go typing out every single player in a ranking....or even half the players...or even a third.

There MUST be a setting for this league in Yahoo to use the Yahoo Draft Rankings System. It exists...we jsut need to figure out how to use it.

Da "will NOT conform dammit!" H