TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Askewniverse

The One and Only SmackDown! Thread (7/17/03)

Guest Choken One

One could look at the fact there is 25 minutes left of Air Time as GOOD or BAD.

Guest Trivia247

well lets see Angle vs Shelton and Charles for 20 of those 25 minutes then its good...

if its Angle vs Show for 20 of those minutes

then its bad...

Guest Choken One

Rock Me Baby looks good but won't last but Mullets will win the emmy next year for sure

I enjoyed Smackdown tonight. All of it. Well, except for the Sable / Steph food fight, that was lamo.

High points:

- Benoit / Hardy

- Billy Gunn losing in the US title tournament

- John Cena

- the main event

Quote of the night:

"Torrie screwed you for free!" - Cole on Torrie and Billy costing him his match.

Guest Mulatto Heat
Rob Conway has been on Velocity before. I can't remember who he fought, but he faked a injury to get a win.

He's probably been on more than that, but that's the only one I remember.

Randy Orton.

And Rob lost anyway.

Guest Mulatto Heat
Billy looked confused at the "Eddie" chants.

That was funny, as were the "Torrie" chants during Gunn's comeback rally.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

-Getting over the crossface. Benoit has won his past two tournament matches with this move - he was going for it like a motherfucker in his match with Matt. Guerrero was going for the lasso, but not as much, this adds another dimension to their match that will hopefully be played up.

To really get this thing over, next week I would set up 3 video packages - 1 of the tournament, another of the history of the US belt, and one more of the history of Benoit/Guerrero. I would, however, settle for one giant package mixing all 3 together. The Benoit/Guerrero package is not really needed, but it would be a nice addition to Tazz calling them "two of the best ever". But they *do* need a recap of the tournament (to put importance of each wrestlers respective journey) and a history of the US title (to give the title a lil bit of worth). Benoit and Guerrero should _not_ wrestle next week "because they have the night off from in-ring competition to prepare for their match" but they should have a in-ring interview with either Tazz or Gene Oakerland (Gene being the preferable one). Where each man gets over why they want the title, their history with each other, etc etc.

-Tazz's commentary was off the charts. I think I was able to get through all of smackdown on his commentary alone... which explains why I can't get through an hour of raw without pulling my hair out... god JR and King suck ass.

-I dug the booking of the Main. It got a lil tired in places, but it didn't kill the 3 guys and made Angle look strong and the finish made sense as they were teasing the ankle lock finish the whole match and Kurt was able to turn around a double team move (which RULED) to get the win.

-Gunn looking at the crowd as they chanted "eddie" was great. Eddie's reaction after he won was classic. The match was not bad but it wasn't really that good either.

-Steph's food fight was great. Her horrible shrieks, her saying "YOU LIKE FOOOOOOOOD!" and all that shit. And DIDJA NOTICE! ASS IMPLANTS~! I TOLDSYALL!

-Dragon squeeking through Jamie Knoble? Why in gods name do they even employ him??

Guest Mulatto Heat
To really get this thing over, next week I would set up 3 video packages - 1 of the tournament, another of the history of the US belt, and one more of the history of Benoit/Guerrero. I would, however, settle for one giant package mixing all 3 together. The Benoit/Guerrero package is not really needed, but it would be a nice addition to Tazz calling them "two of the best ever". But they *do* need a recap of the tournament (to put importance of each wrestlers respective journey) and a history of the US title (to give the title a lil bit of worth). Benoit and Guerrero should _not_ wrestle next week "because they have the night off from in-ring competition to prepare for their match" but they should have a in-ring interview with either Tazz or Gene Oakerland (Gene being the preferable one). Where each man gets over why they want the title, their history with each other, etc etc.

Damn you for getting my hopes up that anything close to what you said will happen.

The two will be in a 4 minute tag match next week and their match will be mentioned a couple of times during the show among the others. You know it; I know it.