TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MrRant

Aerosmith & KISS

Guest MrRant

Seems there is going to be a Aerosmith/KISS concert in October with Saliva opening. And there is going to be a Fleetwood Mac one this July.

And sweet Jesus... Busta Rhymes is going to be at the PUYALLUP FAIR? Busta is going to "do the Puyallup?!".

Christ the decisions.

Guest crandamaniac

I got tickets for Kiss/Aerosmith, hopefully it's a good show.

If Aerosmith and KISS perform at their best it could be one of the most incredible concert experiences you have, but they aren't in their primes anymore so it might not be.

Guest La Parka Es Mi Papa

I saw Aerosmith last year, and they're still godly live. And I'm no huge Kiss fan, but I think everybody should see them live at least once. So, yeah, I'd say it worth it.

Guest Steviekick

KISS' farewell tour was the farewell to the original lineup. Now that that's done, we won't see Ace or Peter in the lineup unless they go broke again.

Guest spiny norman

Aside from Dude Looks Like A Lady and Janie's Got A Gun Aerosmith doesn't do much for me. It ranges from okay to crap.

I hate KISS.

So I would say the concert is not worth it for me, but it depends on whether you are a fan or not really.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Yeah, since tickets cost like a thousand dollars.

Just light off some fireworks and listen to Rocks and Love Gun a couple times.

I wouldn't go to it based on cost, Saliva's presence, and Aerosmith post 1990.

Guest WrestlingDeacon

I saw Kiss on the farewell tour to the original lineup. They still put on the greatest show you'll ever see and I think it is one of those acts you should see live, even if you are only a casual fan. Aerosmith, like AoO said, I can leave since 1990. You know they're going to do nothing but new crap. Tickets are probably stupid expensive too. The best bang for your buck in the summer is to check out who's playing local fairs and festivals

Guest kingkamala

You know what sucks for me? No classic rock or good bands play at local fairs around here. Only oldies acts (By oldies I mean 50's and early 60's) play at local fairs although Starship played at a local fair once but they didn't have any original members.

Guest FeArHaVoC

I've seen Aerosmith seven times and seen KISS twice and their both still great. But, the tour isn't coming near here except for opening night in Hartford, CT (3 hour drive) and it wouldn't be worth it since it is opening night and both bands will probably be off.

BTW, Aerosmith have been saying they will won't be playing as many hits on this tour and will be playing more of the hard/blues rock stuff since their "competing" with KISS.

Guest pochorenella

I'll be at the West Palm Beach concert on September 12th, between the 10th and 40th row, depending on what I'm lucky enough to get, since I got one of those Gold Package deals on kissonline.com and they'll send it 6 weeks before the concert.

I missed Kiss on their "Farewell Tour" with the original lineup so I think this is my chance to see my favorite band of all time for the last time. My only complaint is that Ace Frehley is not playing, but I hear Tommy Thayer is playing great so I guess it's ok.

I also like Aerosmith a lot (but mostly their pre-Pump stuff) so it's all good for me. Hopefully it'll be an unforgetable and terrific experience.

Guest Steviekick

At least KISS has Eric Singer drumming, and he's better than Peter in IMO

Guest Choken One

Aerosmith is either INCREDIBLE or they SUCK....I've seen them at both levels.

Kiss is MOTHER FUCKING KISS.

You own it to yourself to see these guys...

Guest HellSpawn

Who is playing with Paul & Gene? I hear several months ago about the Peter thing but I didnt knew about Ace.

And... are they playing with makeup or regular outfits?

I thought Kiss is done for with there 6th fairwell tour

Get it straight, they went on ONE farewell tour.

They are releasing ALIVE IV this Tuesday and are going on another tour w/ Aerosmith playing ampitheaters.

Fellas who can't make the shows just have to wait for it to expand to bigger markets & arenas in November.

Tickets are expensive for the die hard suckers who purchase the "packages", just buy some lawn seats.

They will be playing in full makeup.

Peter Criss is drumming(sigh), not Eric Singer. Singer is the 2nd best KISS drummer while Eric Carr being the 1st.

Can't wait til Tuesday!

Guest 5_moves_of_doom

I missed Duran Duran and Blue Oyster Cult at my local fair on the SAME FUCKING NIGHT. Forgive me father for I have sinned.

...Eh, it's not too late for Alanis Morrisette, Bob Dylan, or DEVO~!, and apparently this Boston band is decent too... but still, no Rio?? Dammit all to hell.

Guest FeArHaVoC
I missed Duran Duran and Blue Oyster Cult at my local fair on the SAME FUCKING NIGHT. Forgive me father for I have sinned.

...Eh, it's not too late for Alanis Morrisette, Bob Dylan, or DEVO~!, and apparently this Boston band is decent too... but still, no Rio?? Dammit all to hell.

What the Hell did that have to do with anything in this thread?

Guest FeArHaVoC

Vegas begins next Aero/KISS tour leg (DMAAT)

Edited By Jonathan Cohen. July 25, 2003, 11:00 AM ET

Kiss, Aerosmith Lining Up Fall Arena Dates

As first tipped here last month, Kiss and Aerosmith are finalizing plans to follow their summer tour of outdoor venues with a run of arena dates this fall, Billboard Bulletin reports.

The acts stand to gross up to $46 million this summer from about 35 dates beginning Aug. 2 at ctnow.com Meadows Music Theater in Hartford, Conn. The new arena leg, which will comprise about 20 shows starting Oct. 24-25 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, could add another $25 million to the year's tally. The tour could also move into international markets next year, according to Kiss manager Doc McGhee.

"We're talking about Australia and Europe next summer, but we've got to do this summer first. If everybody gets along and has fun, I'm sure it could continue," he says.

Several major markets will be revisited during the arena leg, including Boston, Detroit, New York and Los Angeles. Also on tap are secondary markets such as Omaha, Neb.; Oklahoma City, Okla.; Grand Forks, N.D.; and Minneapolis.

"We always figured we'd be on the road until Christmas," Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry told Billboard.com last month. "And, apparently, in spite of what some of the other tours are doing, we're doing pretty well."

-- Ray Waddell, Nashville

That is some pretty nice #'s (money) there. How are some of these other tours doing so far? I would figure the Metallica tour has to be pulling in some nice figures?