TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sandman9000

CZW Deja Vu Dos

Chunk I will try to explain this did this in ECW once.

The fists are both taped up and then I belive the glass is glued. IT looks pretty cool

It sounds pretty cool as well, thats why I wouldn't mind seeing what it looks like.

Surely every pucnh would be like blading though? Unless some of the glass is smooth or they pull ever punch really early.

Guest Sandman9000

The glass is more along the back of the fist then the knuckles themselves.

And remember Chunk, it's professional wrestling, they're not supposed to be hitting each other anyway. ::insert ghey winking emoticon here::

We now know the reason Ryan Smith refused to give the attendance. According to Meltzer, just 250 fans paid to get into the show!!! That's worse than XPW's average at the building! Talk about SHITTY attendance (the show looked good, but the fans obviously weren't into the card, judging by this fact) - Zandig has a LOT of thinking to do in the next week about how to get more fans to come. I'd hate to see this also happen for TOD.

Spyder-Man in TOD2! Thank you jeevus, it's not Hatred or Pondo.

Seemed like a decent card, not CZW's best, but it shouldn't rival Uncivilized as the worst show of this year.

And Barber, I wouldn't go around making smartass comments if you can't take them as well.

I don't make "smart ass" comments, unlike you made. Get a life. Show me where I made unwarranted, "smart ass" comments.

Guest Sandman9000

No one was expecting that show do draw well at all. 250 sounds about right for a show that was bumped from its usual date, to a day which they are not known for running, as well as the fact that CZW only gave out a card kicking and screaming. Could have been a lot worse.

With a bus trip coming from NY, and some people (including me) coming down from NE, TOD2 will draw well. However many people they can jam into the parking lot there at Racks.

And Barber, if you don't know what I'm talking about when I mention smart-ass comments, then you're a fool. Don't play dumb.

No one was expecting that show do draw well at all.  250 sounds about right for a show that was bumped from its usual date, to a day which they are not known for running, as well as the fact that CZW only gave out a card kicking and screaming.  Could have been a lot worse.

With a bus trip coming from NY, and some people (including me) coming down from NE, TOD2 will draw well.  However many people they can jam into the parking lot there at Racks.

And Barber, if you don't know what I'm talking about when I mention smart-ass comments, then you're a fool.  Don't play dumb.

About right? They've ran on Sundays several times before and on many of those shows (if I remember right, Truth or Consequences - which I believe was on a Sunday - only had a few matches announced beforehand) they only announced a few matches. Plus, considering this show was plugged for a long time by them hyping the Ian/Zandig match as a Tapei Death Match (Remember the thread we had on this board about the match that happened 8 years ago was about to happen again?), it's very low. Plus, it was also using IWA-MS guys, so for them to draw only 250 is even worse than normal b/c they should've also been able to lure JC, Webb, Ian, etc. fans.

I guess you're referring to the thread where I confronted ShooterJay about his ignorance to XPW's success in Philly in terms of the individual wrestlers. That wasn't "Smart ass" comments; it was actually QUITE warranted. If I were to purposefully shit on CZW, you'd come back with a relatively harsh response (As you've done to me before [and I've done to you, of course, too]), so just because it's about XPW, which so many of us dislike, don't expect me to ignore it. I haven't made smart ass comments to you on this board in months. You made one to me yesterday, without being provoked, may I add.

Guest Sandman9000

TorC was a Saturday.

CZW has gone out of their way to establish that the second Saturday of every month is CZW in Viking Hall. They changed the date from their normal spot to one a week later, on a day that they do not normally run (they may have run Sundays before, but not recently), and an afternoon time slot, which attracts less fans then a night show. You saw that not all of the workers were able to make the show, so it makes sense that the attendance would drop by half. And in terms of promoting the Taipei Deathmatch, it was never officially announced, just leaked to the internet crowd.

As for your comment, I was referring to your little outburst at the begining to this thread. Whatever you and Jay are arguing about can be between you two. It wasn't about XPW at all. You said it yourself: you shit on me, and I'll shit on you. You're intelligent enough to make good points, but it's stuff like that that earns you a poor reputation.

TorC was a Saturday.

CZW has gone out of their way to establish that the second Saturday of every month is CZW in Viking Hall. They changed the date from their normal spot to one a week later, on a day that they do not normally run (they may have run Sundays before, but not recently), and an afternoon time slot, which attracts less fans then a night show. You saw that not all of the workers were able to make the show, so it makes sense that the attendance would drop by half. And in terms of promoting the Taipei Deathmatch, it was never officially announced, just leaked to the internet crowd.

As for your comment, I was referring to your little outburst at the begining to this thread. Whatever you and Jay are arguing about can be between you two. It wasn't about XPW at all. You said it yourself: you shit on me, and I'll shit on you. You're intelligent enough to make good points, but it's stuff like that that earns you a poor reputation.

Who wasn't able to make it? Mondo was there. Messiah was there. Zandig. Hatred. Gage. Ian. JC Bailey. Sonjay. Only major guy I can think of who didn't come is Ruckus. All of their major stars were at the show. They've ran on afternoon many times before. This is NOT the first time.

"And in terms of promoting the Taipei Deathmatch, it was never officially announced, just leaked to the internet crowd."

Yes, but by the message on the site, the stipulation match - even though the competitors were named a few days before the show - was hyped big time. Considering the amount of publicity the IWA-MS angle has gotten, you would've thought that an Ian/Zandig match would've gotten more fans. And you didn't address my point that IWA-MS fans are also into CZW now due to the interpromotional angle, so it would've been logical to expect that the amount of fans who didn't come because it was a Sunday show would've been made up (or at least nearly made up, which it wasn't) by the IWA-MS fans who came. Not to mention that w/ Gage/Hatred finally happening one on one, one would expect more fans.

People - including some who've posted in this thread - were shitting on XPW when it got bad numbers on Fridays during its doubleheaders. Fridays are arguably nearly as bad, if not as bad (maybe even worse) than Sundays for a show to occur. It seems like some people are adjusting their logic to fit the promotion that's running, not the facts about the numbers.

"It wasn't about XPW at all."

The discussion me and ShooterJay had was, if that's what you mean by "it."

Sorry about the TorC mistake.

As for your comment, I was referring to your little outburst at the begining to this thread.

Dude, that was CLEARLY a joke. I meant no harm by it and that was obvious. Ryan posted that it was one fall, and so I played that off as being absolutely unheardof. I don't see what's wrong with that. As another person realized, it was clearly meant as a joke (they said it was pretty funny). That may have been an outburst, but it certainly shouldn't have a negative connotation, like you're attaching to it.

The crowd was NOT bad for a Sunday. 250 is lowballing it for sure, as I was there. When you consider that it was a Sunday, the schedule was fucked up, ROH was the previous night (and with some people not getting home from ROH till 3 AM, waking up at 10 AM in order to drive two-three hours to the show was NOT a main priority), etc. I didn't think the attendance would be much different then what I saw.

TOD is going to have a HUGE crowd. The bus trip always brings in a ton of people, and when you consider that it was pretty full at an undercard show like Extreme 8, this is going to be a hot fucking crowd.

As for your comment, I was referring to your little outburst at the begining to this thread.

Dude, that was CLEARLY a joke. I meant no harm by it and that was obvious. Ryan posted that it was one fall, and so I played that off as being absolutely unheardof. I don't see what's wrong with that. As another person realized, it was clearly meant as a joke (they said it was pretty funny). That may have been an outburst, but it certainly shouldn't have a negative connotation, like you're attaching to it.

I think that has been taken the wrong way.

I just took it as a joke on the fact that the match was announced as one fall, and Barber did his little mark out bit sarcastically for the announcement. Theres nothing more to it than that.

I found it pretty funny imagining someone going crazy for a one fall match :)

And isnt it entirely possible that the show didnt draw well because poeple chose to save their money for TOD2, with it being so close to last Saturday?

If you had enough money to got a PPV on Sunday night, or Raw the day after, which would you choose?

The crowd was NOT bad for a Sunday. 250 is lowballing it for sure, as I was there. When you consider that it was a Sunday, the schedule was fucked up, ROH was the previous night (and with some people not getting home from ROH till 3 AM, waking up at 10 AM in order to drive two-three hours to the show was NOT a main priority), etc. I didn't think the attendance would be much different then what I saw.

TOD is going to have a HUGE crowd. The bus trip always brings in a ton of people, and when you consider that it was pretty full at an undercard show like Extreme 8, this is going to be a hot fucking crowd.

I didn't say only 250 came. I said only 250 paid. That's really bad. It doesn't matter that 150 other came. They didn't pay. The attendance was only 250. That's according to Meltzer, the same guy who was the source to all the XPW attendances that everybody suddenly jumped on.

"And isnt it entirely possible that the show didnt draw well because poeple chose to save their money for TOD2, with it being so close to last Saturday?

If you had enough money to got a PPV on Sunday night, or Raw the day after, which would you choose?"

Understandable, but at the same time, TOD is going to be at a parking lot of a bar, not at Viking Hall. In addition to the IWA-MS fans who should've came, the fans that wanted to see the Tapei death match, the fans looking to see Hatred/Gage, etc., fans also would've rather came to a Viking Hall show than a show at a parking lot. I have a feeling that if they could only go to one of the shows, at least some would go to the Viking Hall show instead of TOD just to be at Viking Hall and its historic atmosphere.

You skipped over my point about ROH. Ring of Honor was an exhausting night for everyone involved, and much the audience didn't get home until 2 - 3 AM. If I hadn't had a schedule conflict, getting up at 11 AM to get ready and drive another two hours to the arena is not the top of "To do" list. Especially after ROH's blowaway show, as once you've been to a fucking awesome show, the idea of going to another show that will be good, but not perfect, isn't entirely appealing. That's why the fans got so burnt out at ROH/BOTB this year.

It doesn't matter that TOD is at a bar. After last year's show, every blood mark within three hundred miles is trying to be there. There was no bus trip yesterday, day shows plain draw bad, etc. I was at the one in December, and while the crowd was a bit better, it wasn't anything spectacular.

And I can proudly lay claim to the fact that I attended almost every XPW show in Philly and never spent a dime on tickets. I really enjoy the product, though, as I'm far from a blind mark for CZW like others.

Guest EMAXSAUN

Barber, in all fairness, 250 paid is what XPW drew for their Friday Night Show New Year's Revoulution in Philly. I mean the last XPW show drew 150 max. Like it's fair to say that Metlzer reported 250 paid, but you were gloating about it in your post, yet you defended XPW when Metlzer said that they drew low numbers. I am going to go to TOD II, and I am sure it will be packed, I mean they drew like 400 the same day as ROH on their last Dover show. For your information, CZW has run the 2nd Saturday of every month, but this month it got messed up for them. When you factor everything else in 250 paid is not bad at all for a sunday night, just like 250 paid wasn't bad for a friday night when XPW was there.

Barber, in all fairness, 250 paid is what XPW drew for their Friday Night Show New Year's Revoulution in Philly. I mean the last XPW show drew 150 max. Like it's fair to say that Metlzer reported 250 paid, but you were gloating about it in your post, yet you defended XPW when Metlzer said that they drew low numbers. I am going to go to TOD II, and I am sure it will be packed, I mean they drew like 400 the same day as ROH on their last Dover show. For your information, CZW has run the 2nd Saturday of every month, but this month it got messed up for them. When you factor everything else in 250 paid is not bad at all for a sunday night, just like 250 paid wasn't bad for a friday night when XPW was there.

I wasn't "gloating" about it; I was stating the fact and explaining that it meant anything but goodness for CZW. Just because I'm saying that it was quite negative for CZW doesn't mean that I'm "gloating" about it.

My point about IWA-MS fans shuold have attended the show also hasn't been addressed. Someone, please address it.

Don't forget that the CZW show was hyped considerably more than the ROH show (ROH's show was centered around London's last match; CZW was centered around Gage/Hatred, the IWA-MS wrestlers on the card, and Ian/Zandig).

"It doesn't matter that TOD is at a bar. After last year's show, every blood mark within three hundred miles is trying to be there."

There was also no bus trip for the other Sunday shows that CZW has run at Viking Hall.

Comparing CZW Best to the Best-ROH doubleheader to this is wrong, IMO. They were RIGHT after one another. These are separated by a day. You act like everybody had to have to drive to see the CZW show; those that live right in Philly did NOT, so it would've have been as hard as you made it seem for them to get up and go to the show right after going to ROH. And how many fans are just CZW fans and not ROH fans. I imagine a fair amount.

And EMAX, under your own logic, 250 for XPW's Friday show isn't bad. You're saying that what CZW got on Sunday is alright; Since Friday is as bad a day to run a show, if not WORSE than Sunday, XPW's attendance for that show was as "good," if not "better," than CZW's attendance (again, under your own logic).

Guest Sandman9000

The IWA-MS fans are pretty much the same fans that would have gone to the show even if the angle wasn't going on. They're just CZW fans who are cheering for Ian and crew. Any fans who are coming out from Indiana and that area aren't coming in large enough numbers to make a heavy impact on attendance.

I wouldn't say that the CZW show was hyped more then ROH. ROH was pushing Death Before Dishonor as one of their "big" shows, their Summerslam or something like that. CZW had hyped this one, but not more then any other card. TOD2 was getting more hype then Deja Vu 2, until they let the Taipei announcement slip onto the net.

Having CZW the night after ROH, vs. right after the ROH show, is WORSE for CZW. It's easier for a crowd to walk the couple blocks from the Murphy Rec center down to Viking Hall, vs. having to go home and come back hours later. People have to work too. With my schedule, I would have been able to go to Death Before Dishonor, but would not have been able to go to Deja Vu 2, and I'm sure others had the same problem.

If I had to choose between Deja Vu 2 and TOD2, I'd take the deathmatch tournament over the oddly placed and poorly promoted Viking Hall card. CZW runs Viking Hall 12 times a year. They only do a deathmatch tournament once a year, and after everything that happened last year, it's sure to draw a large crowd. I'm a bloodmark that is coming from further then 300 miles away, there is the NY bus trip, TOD's attendance is going to easily smoke Deja Vu 2's.

There are IWA-MS fans in Pennsylvania, too, which is obviuous by the posts that have been made on the IWA and CZW boards by fans saying they'd be at the CZW show to support IWA. Those fans, and I'm sure there's plenty of them, probably shuold've made up the number that didn't come due to the ROH show.

"They're just CZW fans who are cheering for Ian and crew."

There are IWA-MS fans that love IWA-MS and not CZW because of IWA's premier technical wrestling stuff, so they're not just CZW fans cheering for Ian. May of the poeple on the IWA board DON'T post on the CZW board which tells u something. That statement is absolutely ridiculous.

"I wouldn't say that the CZW show was hyped more then ROH. ROH was pushing Death Before Dishonor as one of their "big" shows, their Summerslam or something like that. CZW had hyped this one, but not more then any other card. TOD2 was getting more hype then Deja Vu 2, until they let the Taipei announcement slip onto the net."

I would. The only match that ROH was pushing was London's. They weren't giving Raven/Punk much hype, nor were they giving Williams' match much hype or any of their others. With CZW, they were hyping Ian/Zandig, Hatred/Gage, the Gauntlet match, AJ Styles, Reckless Youth vs. Mamaluke, and the tag team match w/ Acid. The keyword that you used is "until." The card was hyped quite a lot.

"If I had to choose between Deja Vu 2 and TOD2, I'd take the deathmatch tournament over the oddly placed and poorly promoted Viking Hall card."

Yes, but what you fail to say is that the show wasn't poorly promoted. They promoted it and pushed it quite hard (read above).

Guest EMAXSAUN
And EMAX, under your own logic, 250 for XPW's Friday show isn't bad. You're saying that what CZW got on Sunday is alright; Since Friday is as bad a day to run a show, if not WORSE than Sunday, XPW's attendance for that show was as "good," if not "better," than CZW's attendance (again, under your own logic).

I don't really know what point you are trying to make here but look:

Friday Night, people getting home from work, looking forward to the weekend, just want to relax, and not go to a wrestling show.

Same thing applies for Sunday Night, except that people just want to stay home on sunday night, and sleep well to start work again on monday.

I think both attendances (xpws and czws) would be considered good considering the days that the shows were.