TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest T®ITEC

Best Photo Editing Program?

Guest T®ITEC

I ask because I took a number of DELIGHTFUL~ pictures at last night's RAW house show, but there's just one problem with the photos in question... They all turned out really dark. I'd post an example, but the files are too big.

Anyway, what program can I use that will lighten them without turning everything pale and grainy, like PSP 7 seems to be doing?

Thanks.

EDIT:

Here's a sample of what PSP 7 does. Please forgive the fact that it's so pixellated, but I wanted to save space:

sample.jpg

Edited by T®ITEC

Guest SweetNSexyDiva

I am partial to PSP7... but Photo Impact is good too. We also have another one, but I can't remember what it is called on the other computer.... Ulead Systems program.... That one is pretty cool.

Guest DVD Spree

I have to admit that I usually end up using PaintShop, but you really can't beat PhotoShop for best quality.

Guest eiker_ir

i use Ulead Photo Express to edit the lighting and stuff like that with pictures i take.

it came with my digital camera btw

Guest Razor Roman

I'd say use Photoshop. Hands down the best there is, IMHO. I don't think there is anything that it does that another program does better.

Guest T®ITEC

Neat! How'd you fix it? 'Cause I've obviously proven myself to be an idiot.

It's a really long explanation as to how I did that. You really just have to tinker with it.

To get the pic facing the right way go to image/rotate and then rotate it.

Then mess with all the Effects options you can. Trial and Error.

Guest T®ITEC

Well, yeah, I know how to rotate it.

Thanks for the rest, though. The camera actually came with some good software, but somwe pictures are just sucking no matter what I do... including my picture of Lillian... ::sobs::

Guest The Old Me

Agreed that Photoshop is the best. You just have to mess around with it for a real long time to figure some things out, or at least I had to.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

PSP 7 gets a big thumbs up from me (although I rarely use it anymore..hmm)

If you have the money, Photoshop would probably be the best, but I think its way too expensive. And I don't want to hear about downloading stuff for free..

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

One other point. Try and get a digital camera with at least 2 megapixels. The higher the megapixel count, the less grainy the pictures will look.

Guest Ripper

Photoshop is hands down the best if you ask me. Mostly because it is a professional program and not really a home editing suite.

Guest stardust

With PSP7, the Clarify option tends to work well, especially when used in combination with different Plug-ins and the simple automatic contrast/brightness enhancement feature. It really is just a matter of playing around with it, but plug-ins do help a lot when editing photos.