TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest BoboBrazil

Official Preview For 7/23

Guest BoboBrazil

OFFICIAL PREVIEW - JULY 23

D-LO BROWN (CHALLENGER) VS AJ STYLES (CHAMPION)

NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH

2 OUT OF 3 FALLS; SPECIAL STIPULATIONS

These two former friends have been battling it out for the past few weeks, but nothing has really been settled. This week the title is on the line in a special 2 out of 3 fall match with special stipulations. The first fall will be determined by pinfall only. The second fall will be determined by submission, and the third fall (if needed) will be a ladder match with the NWA World Title Hanging overhead. The best news for D-LO....Vince Russo is barred from ringside!

RAVEN, CM PUNK & JULIO DINERO VS SHANE DOUGLAS & THE NEW CHURCH (with Father James Mitchell)

Raven may have met his match in Father James Mitchell. Whatever the issue between these two, Raven has been on the short end in recent weeks, and this week will be teaming up with CM Punk & Julio Dinero to try to get revenge against Shane Douglas & The New Church.

AMERICA'S MOST WANTED VS DIAMOND & SWINGER

NWA WORLD TAG TITLE MATCH

Usually it's the challengers who push for a rematch, but in this case AMW asked for this match so they could get their hands on Diamond & Swinger. Last week's brawl left AMW wanting more, and they'll get their chance this week when they put their titles on the line against Diamond & Swinger.

STING: BEHIND THE PAINT (PART 4)

The Mike Tenay interview with Sting continues with more candid comments from the Stinger.

ALSO ON THE SHOW:

The "Bitch Slap Girls" are scheduled to appear on the show, and are looking to finally get their hands on the TNA Girls. Security has kept them apart the last few weeks. Will this be the week we see them fight? Elix Skipper will be on hand and will continue his open challenge to anyone who wants to take him on. Who will accept the challenge this week? Legend and Jeff Jarrett are both scheduled to appear. Will they brawl all over the building again? A special legends ceremony will be held in conjunction with the naming of a new Director of Authority. Former NWA World Heavyweight Champion Harley Race, and former AWA World Heavyweight Champion Larry Zbyszko have both been confirmed as being involved in the ceremony. Who else will be involved? And what involvement will Erik Watts have in the ceremony?

All this and much more, this Wednesday night...only on pay-per-view. Find out what Total Nonstop Action is all about!

Guest Raven follower

d-lo and aj should be really good if interference is kept minimum.

The raven 6 man will be good if franchise doesnt do too much and cm punk gets some time.

amw match will be a repeat of 2 weeks ago but thats not so bad.

it should be crash to take on skipper and probably loose, the sting interviews not been anything to shout about and i wonder when his next live appearence will be?

anyone know if alexis is going to be back?

Guest BrokenWings

I assume she'll accompany the Gathering to the ring, assuming you're not meaning if she'll be back in the ring.

Hopefully they'll get this stupid cat fight out of the way and everyone can move on with their lives.

AMW -v- Diamond/Swinger will be solid, as usual.

Elix will probably take on Crash, as has already been noted. It'll be interesting to see how Crash performs outside of the WWE environment.

Let's all pray Legend/Jarrett don't brawl all over the arena.. please, just don't.

And the best news out of this - Russo won't be allowed at ring side. Hopefully (but doubtfully) this means that all the rest of AJ's backup won't interfere either.

What are the odds we'll see a Styles Clash off the ladder, that's the big bump I expect to see.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Hell...Styles Clash off the ladder would probably be safer than the ordinary one at this point.

Guest HollywoodSpikeJenkins

Does anybody think that they should let AJ go over in the first two falls?

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

That's always the big debate.

Point: Most people are going to order to see the third fall. Even though it isn't promised in any way...not delivering it is a let down for many people. Especially when it's a ladder match here.

CounterPoint: The way the falls are set up there are no DQ's anywhere. AJ (being the heel) should lay him out with a weapon, pin him for the first fall...then slap him in a submission hold while he's unconscious to get that fall too. I like things like that.

Final Verdict: I'm in the minority. Ladder match or bust.

Guest BrokenWings

Yeah.. I pretty much agree with what bps said. Most people are buying to see the Ladder match blow off.

And with a company such as TNA, you've always got the few people who are just tuning in for the first time, and I'm nearly positive they'd feel cheated and probably wouldn't order it again, whereas if you give them a solid three falls, it's an incentive to re-order it.

Guest eirejmcmahon

They could always make use of the ladder in one - or both - of the first two matches, thus giving all the ladder spots without having to have the actual ladder match.

Guest BrokenWings

True enough, good point.

HSJ - That's a beautiful picture of Michelle.

BUT, they CAN't have him take the pin then slap the submission on. The matches will be spread out throughout the evening and not consecutivly so I would say that it will INDEED make it to the Ladder Match. I am almost positive, and I think that TNA is going to try to make all three AJ,DLO altercations good-great onight because they are giving them time to rest in between there matches. Im looking foward to more Skipper stuff and I hope Amazing Red is on the show too. I actually wanted the Red/Skipper stuff to continue...guess we will have to wauit and see for that. I wanna see the Tag Title match and 6 man match. Hopefully they will hav some X Division Title stuff too.I think this show is looking pretty awesome....Cant wait to order it tonight!!!!!!!

Guest HollywoodSpikeJenkins

I think they should let AJ go over the first two falls, just to make him look like a strong champion. Have him cheat to get the first fall, then slap the submission on a already knocked out D'Lo. It doesn't make D'Lo look weak, since AJ cheated to take him out, and it makes AJ look strong.

Plus, the matches can only end by pinfall and submission, so I assume it is No DQ, so they can use the ladder for their spots also.

And BW, she's wearing a Motley Crue t-shirt. There is no other women on the planet better then her.

Guest abowen33
I'm hoping they go to the third fall, as A.J. Styles vs. D'Lo Brown in a Ladder match=MOTYC. This is looking like one of the best TNA shows of the year.

I hope so too, but I think they'll have a heck of a time with a MOTYC after wrestling 2 other hopefully *** at least matches.

Guest JustinCredible2k

I cant see the 3 falls match going only 2. Ive never seen it happen and I hope It dont happen now.