TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest welshjerichomark

English Football

We celebrate Graham Lee's contract signing!

My mate met him in a kebab shop and asked him where he thought we'd finish this season.

'Mid table, at best.'

Cheers Graham. Looks like the optimism payed off.

Also, after my blades fan mate showed us the highlights of some of their games this season, I really think we can stay up. They finished in the top half, and by god they are terrible. It's almost worth the subscription to bladesworld to see 'when defending goes horribly wrong' by Phil Jagielka in their 4-0 defeat against Wigan. Good God.

Has to be league and LDV double for the reds!

Almost as stupid was someone coming in the William Hill where I work asking for odds on Man City winning the Prem. I think I offended him by bursting out in laughter...

Seriously though, for the third goal Jags fell on his arse, and for the fourth he did the same, except went down like he'd been shot (not a dive, the guy was past him). He wasn't injured, he just....fell over in slow motion. The smoked salmon shirt made it all the more grotesque.

In other news, our new sponsor is 'somethingNET' a Sheffield based internet provider. That won't go bust, ohhh no...

3 Bosman signings this week and Heffernan on his way for 100k, the board are keeping us waiting on Stewart which will probably go through when Heff's left.

Edit: I'm actually pretty confident about the season but The only way I can see us going up is by finishing 2nd, we bottled every Play Off in recent memory and we always feel the pressure in 1st place in the run in.

Who were your signings?

From our website, there's also a Press Conference at 10 on Monday to announce "A Major New Signing"

In:

Alex Russell, Out of contract with Torquay, will sign on 1st July

Grant Smith, Out of contract with Swindon, will sign on 1st July

Matt Heywood, Out of contract with Swindon, will sign on 1st July

Out:

Lee Miller, - Signed for Dundee Utd - £225k guaranteed, worth up to £400k with a sell on clause included

Tony Dinning - Released from contract - has joined Port Vale

Released at end of last season:

Bell, Stowell, Davies, Gould, Loxton, Simpson, Hart

Bids Accepted:

Paul Heffernan - Bid accepted from Oldham(in the region of 75k-125k)

According to our website and local news, talks are at an advanced stage with a player who 'could be as big as Idiakez and Rasiak' (Radio Derby's exact words) so we're not selling players but we're buying better players.. it's been a while since i've been able to say that about this club.

Huddlestone not included.

Okay lads.

And ladettes.

How do we keep this thread alive til the new season?

Checking if there's any talent at the women's Euro Championships?

Leicester have signed Sylla from Celtic and Kisnorbo from Hearts is joining this summer as well. Wilcox ended up staying with us.

Leicester have signed Sylla from Celtic and Kisnorbo from Hearts is joining this summer as well. Wilcox ended up staying with us.

How big's the Transfer Kitty? if it's anything like ours you'll be getting more Bosmans and Frees(which is the way to go outside the prem top 10)

Edit: Anyone see the Neil Warnock program last night? They showed him on Transfer deadline day complaining about the strikers he had and one of the people on the board actually thought Duncan Ferguson would add a couple of thousand to the attendance.

The best bit was a Millwall game which had a Half time fight with Kevin Muscat and Paddy Kenny, when they won he went up to all of the players saying "serves you right for what Muscat did"

It'll most be frees. Just got another one with Rab Douglas today. We might pay out something like 200k for somebody if the right player is avaliable for that kind of price.

Most teams in the division won't spend close to half what Sheff Utd have spent so far = 1.3 million I believe.

Well, apparantly, we've just signed Van Der Sar. Not bad, although Buffon would have been top choice. I guess this means Carroll leaving.

Carroll left last week.

Van Der Saar is a good signing. THere was no way you were going to get Buffon without a crazy £40m offer. I'm surprised Robinson wasn't chased more especially with the shit surrounding Arnesen at Spurs. But Vn Der Saar will be a good keeper for you for two years while you search for a long term replacement.

Well, apparantly, we've just signed Van Der Sar. Not bad, although Buffon would have been top choice. I guess this means Carroll leaving.

Carroll left last week.

Van Der Saar is a good signing. THere was no way you were going to get Buffon without a crazy £40m offer. I'm surprised Robinson wasn't chased more especially with the shit surrounding Arnesen at Spurs. But Vn Der Saar will be a good keeper for you for two years while you search for a long term replacement.

Ah, I never noticed that.

We've never replaced Schmeichel, that's been one of our biggest problems. Bosnich, Ricardo, Carroll, Taibi, Van Der Gouw...no-one we've signed has been good enough. Barthez was okay for the first few months. Howard's good, but not a patch on Schmeichel. Van Der Sar is certainly a step in the right direction.

And as usual, we're being linked with pretty much everyone around. Owen, Figo, Park Ji-Sung, every goalkeeper alive. Funniest I've seen was us apparantly swapping Van Nistelrooy for Samuel Eto'o. If only...

WHAT!?

Jesus, colour me surprised.

Oh, right, it's because the board think he's been stealing stuff. Fair enough then, although does suggest a guilty concious...

Ah, no it isn't. I misread the report.

Surely it's not just about Huddleston though? I've only seen him three times, but he didn't strike me as being good enough to quit over

Burley left because he wasn't happy with the 'Director of Football' roll held by Murdo Mackay. I have to side with George here, as I really don't see a need in the English game for a DOF.

I tell you something, there is going to be a backlash from the fans about this. He performed miracles at our club the last two years.

Let's see who's bought in now.