TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest welshjerichomark

English Football

Guest Damn You Helmsley

England's exit will be blamed on: Sven's "unpatriotic" tactics, hooligans, an unfortunate injury to Rooney, the Germans (regardless of whether they play each other), the Iraq war, social workers and a supposedly crooked foreign referee, who The Sun will later claim voted for Hitler in the '30s.

If we don't win the World Cup then ALL the blame will be placed on Sven - or at least with most of the tabloids.

I find it so stupid when I was reading that one of the 1966 players... Cohen I think it was, said that England will win the Cup "despite" having Sven in charge.

We'll fucking miss him when he goes, especially if Fat Sam, Curbs or McClaren take his place.

Anyway, onto proper football - League One! The NUMBER ONE league in the world! ;)

Home to MK Dons tomorrow... reasonable confident thanks to our reason run of form and absence of Megson, but MK did beat Southend (!) last week, but I'm hoping they can't have two fluke results in a row.

Come on guys, let's have some positivity, eh?

Fact of the matter is, we HAVE to win it sooner or later, even Greece won Euro 2004, so why can't it be this year?

If everyone plays how they can, there's not a team in the world, Brazil included, that could match us.

Another win for the Reds, 3-0 home to MK Dons, sees us now only 7 points off the playoffs with 7 games to go... if this was Football Manager I'd be very, very disappointed not to make it now.

Swansea,Brentford,Barnsley and Colchester are all bottling it, you'd need 2 of them bottling or 1+ Oldham.

Edit: Brentford look most likely, defence relies on Sodje to much.

Another win for the Reds, 3-0 home to MK Dons, sees us now only 7 points off the playoffs with 7 games to go... if this was Football Manager I'd be very, very disappointed not to make it now.

We beat Palace 2-1, Idiakez got the winner in the last minute, but in reality we should have won or 6-1.

Pah - Mickey Mouse Championship rubbish :P

I really think you'd be completely fucked if not for Idiakez. God knows why a) he wants to play for you, and b) no one's bought him.

Idiakez has been far from our best player this season. He's our Beckham, he's been nowhere near as good as the rest of the side this season, but he's probably the most inspirational.

You really should see some of the lads in our side now, when they're older (haha, sorry, couldn't resist) they'll be great players, before they join Spurs for £3m.

Didn't he cost £3.5m for someone once, or am I confusing him with someone else?

I was reading something the other day, that described John Terry as a "goal scoring center half" - he's got three this season, i think. Forest's Ian Breckin - our captain - has eight!

Clearly he should be in the England squad rather than Terry, at least for the corners ;)

lee_morris.jpg

You don't need Lee Morris back then?

Didn't he cost £3.5m for someone once, or am I confusing him with someone else?

I was reading something the other day, that described John Terry as a "goal scoring center half" - he's got three this season, i think. Forest's Ian Breckin - our captain - has eight!

Clearly he should be in the England squad rather than Terry, at least for the corners ;)

I'd love Lee Morris back at Derby, he cost us £3m from Sheffield United as a 19 year old, or something, but injuries really hampered him. He is very, very talented, but has lost his way.

Think Michael Ricketts but as a winger.

According to our official site our game at Chesterfield tomorrow is a local derby!? I really don't understand yet...

We have three derby games - the Sheep, Leicester and Notts - bloody Chesterfield don't come close. They hate us though, we're being told.

AND in the away end it's STANDING!!! It's like the bloody dark ages. I was standing at Chester, but that was the FA Cup so not quite such a culture shock, but standing in a league game is bloody weird.

Guest Damn You Helmsley

I had a conversation about Nottingham Forest today and was reminded that I predicted Paul Hart would lead them back into the glorious sunshine of Premiership football. That and Wilfred Bouma are the only two things I've ever been wrong about in regards to football. Oh and I said Frank Lampard would never make it to the highest level. I was also fairly certain Roberto Baggio was gonna bury that penalty at USA '94. And every season Juventus fuck up the Champions League, that too would be an example of me being incorrect. Still, everything else...

There's a thread on TalkForest which begins thus,

did anyone else hear him being interviewed this evening? The interviewer asked him if he had any information regarding the new manager at Forest and then asked if he had seen Roy Keane around the place. Breckin seemed to be taken off guard and replied " Yeah". the interviewer asked again "you have seen him??", Breckin then replied "err..no..hold your horses".

:huh:

Got a new kit sponsor, Puma on a 4 year deal, away strip is white and we get an all black 3rd kit.

Least we won't have the worst away kit in the league.

http://shop.bcfc.co.uk/sites/BRISTOL/image...001223____1.jpg

Edit: http://www.sigames.com/news.php?type=view&article_id=1219

Hope they don't put pressure on them to put out a buggy game like CM 4

If it had an editor/patches(for the data mistakes) I'd do the same, the unlockables like "Disable Transfer Window" and "Sugar Daddy" sound fun though.

Edit: I wonder how many people would buy the CM series if they were re-released on PSP, shame it can't legally happen.

What they'll do is use the last pc patch and change a few player stats and add in the transfers and contracts, not really that difficult with the help they get off the forums.

Got a new kit sponsor, Puma on a 4 year deal, away strip is white and we get an all black 3rd kit.

Least we won't have the worst away kit in the league.

http://shop.bcfc.co.uk/sites/BRISTOL/image...001223____1.jpg

Edit: http://www.sigames.com/news.php?type=view&article_id=1219

Hope they don't put pressure on them to put out a buggy game like CM 4

Didn't FM 2006 on the PC have a few noticeable/annoying bugs? I heard conflicting reports and I felt like having a break from the game for a bit anyway so I never got that current version. The 2005 version was pretty clean I thought.

How many points have you had since christmas? we've got 39 in 22 games(since the end of the losing run) and I'd guess will probably finish about 2-3 points off the playoffs in about 8th place.