TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest welshjerichomark

English Football

I'm not too worried about the U.S. draw. Don't get me wrong Italy & The Czech Republic are great teams, but if the U.S. believes they are getting close to the upper echelon in the world, they should be able to get some type of results.

Group D & H look a little weak, or at least real predictable.

Not only did the U.S. get f'ed out of a seeding...but we get put in a pool with a bunch of shit teams, so we can't possibly face them in the first round.

That's pretty lame. :(

No offence but the USA even being considered for a seeding is a compliment.

England's effective third team put you guys away fairly easily at the start of the summer so...

Once again put me down as not too upset about not getting the seed. To garner respect we have perform well on the biggest stage. We had a few key players out as well Caboose. That being said England probably does beat us 9 out of 10 times straight up. How did you guys like your draw? I think this summer will be the year you conquer the Swedes.

Bloody lucky Germans.

But a decent enough draw for England. Drawing Sweden shouldnt matter too much as we have them last and should have qualified already by then...but will be important to win our group to avoid said lucky Germans as you know they'd beat us on penalties.

I'd be pretty surprised if Adu does get selected. Although Arenas has a good open door policy, he'll take guys from MLS or from European leagues. Barring any injuries I just see too much talent at Adu's position that has had a lot of International or Cup qualifying experience.

Alright, I'll use the "f" word instead of the "s" word. I'm trying to follow EPL more this year. It is tough because we get 2 matches on Saturday, but the first live one is at 7:30 in the morning, which is tough after a night out! Here's the live matches on my schedule this week.

Wed.

Man Utd. v. Wigan

Sat.

Ashton Villa v. Man Utd.

Birmingham City v. Manchester City

So for the experts across the pond, what do I need to look for in these matches? I am a Villa fan (I know I'm a sucker) so if I can rouse myself out of bed I will catch that game, but should I make sure I see the other two?

Wigan are a real surprise team but they've been up against some of the best teams in the Premiership in the past few games and haven't won in a while. No real star players, but a well organised team. United are having problems and aren't as good as they were a couple of years back. They're the favourites though. Rooney is the best young player in the world, Cristiano Ronaldo's fun but a trick pony and Van Nistelrooy is joint top scorer in the League. Might be close though.

Aston Villa aren't having the best of times, but Phillips and Baros are a good strike partnership.

Birmingham are relegation material and don't have much going for them. Man City are a little hit and miss, but they've got the potential to be pretty good. Good few young players in the team and they spanked 5 past Charlton a couple of weeks ago, so they should be comfortable winners.

EDIT: Do you guys get any other leagues, like Serie A or La Liga?

Edited by King Cucaracha

Man City are a little hit and miss, but they've got the potential to be pretty good. Good few young players in the team and they spanked 5 past Charlton a couple of weeks ago, so they should be comfortable winners.

And they have a living God as manager,

pearce11.jpg

PSYCHO! PSYCHO! :headbang:

Oh look, it's another pessimistic bugger from Leicester. Welcome!

I don't think we'll win it either but it won't stop me dreaming about it just like anybody else.

Unless something dramatic happens it'll be the first World Cup in quite a while with no Forest representatives :(

Off the top of my head though I can think of two ex-Forest lads who'll be there which is some consolation I guess.

I know he's not in the world cup, but watch out for Chris Brunt in the Northern Ireland team shortly!

Sturrock's starting to confuse us a bit, with nonsensical subs and the like. Havng our only two fit starting strikers on and shoving one of them on the wing in a 4-5-1 etc. WE NEED FUCKING GOALS

We've got Millwall a t home on Boxing day. Can't help but think of losing 1-0 to Rotherham the same day a year ago in a truly dreadful game. Hope lightning doesn't strike twice and we're desperate for a win.

An actual point! A real one!

Fulham couldn't hold it, ah well. Amazing though, seeing as they're so awful away to begin with. As far as my fantasy team goes, loads scored for me today (Gallas, O'Neil, Gerrard, Barton, Andrew Cole) but making Terry my captain stung a bit.

4-0!

I've never seen a game where a team gets totally out played and out battled for 90 minutes and yet still gets a 4-0 win! Very surreal game. It's the first time we've scored 4 since April 2003. Megson is clearly a God of some sort...

I might be going to the infamous Withdean Stadium in Feb to see us play Brighton. It'd be lovely if it wasn't odds-on to be a grim relegation six-pointer.

Hey guys, i'm still around, just.

How's everyone's teams doing?

As a resident Derby fan, if anyone forgot, i'm not so great.

We're only 9 points off the play offs now, unbeaten in 6(after booting out the loanees) and Have Murray in his 02/03 form, we've also got a Brazilian goalie who's put Phillips oon the bench.

Anyone done any deals since the window opened?

We've got Scott Golbourne out to Reading and David Noble in on Jan 7 when his loan finishes.

Edited by deancoles411