TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest welshjerichomark

English Football

I'd be interested as well.

We're trying to sign 25 year old Al Ahly Striker Emad Metab who's scored 20 in 39 for Egypt, he'd cost £1.5 million which would break our transfer record.

Depending on the quality of international opposition, you can't grumble at that goals per game ratio.

I'll make a new topic for the draft then, since there's at least three interested, a new post might encourage people who dont venture into this thread.

In an aside, does anyone have any tips for a youngish goalkeeper on football manager 2008? I'm reluctant to spend the required £40m for Akinfeev. We're talking season 2010/11.

How about Ochoa, if he hasn't been picked up yet.

SSN ticker said that Ronaldo will leave. I can't wait to see the madness that ensues. Couldn't happen to a nicer team. And if United make him sit, couldn't happen to a nicer player.

All sarcasm, of course.

The mass exodus has begun....

Hume to Barnsley

Stearman to Wolves

McCauley to Ipswich

Mattock supposed to be off to Everton.

Howard, Oakley and Clemence might be next. Barry Hayles we may be stuck with.

We've signed Gavin Williams from Ipswich for 200k, played under Gary at Yeovil and has 2 caps for Wales, by all accounts he's a great player who's had an awful time with injuries lately.

Newcastle United have signed Jonas Gutierrez to a 5 Year Contract. That's right the same Jonas Gutierrez who ears the Spiderman mask when he scores haha fuck, what are the Toon like for signing crack pots.

Joey Barton is thought to have been released aka sacked from his Newcastle Contract due to his on going legal problems - twating people in the face for no reason what so ever.

The Emad Metab deal is still dragging on, Johnson went to an Egypt international where he scored 2 goals(Metab not Johnson) in an effort to persuade him to join, we even gave him a City DVD.

The Emad Metab deal is still dragging on, Johnson went to an Egypt international where he scored 2 goals(Metab not Johnson) in an effort to persuade him to join, we even gave him a City DVD.

Might sound daft but I think all new signings should be forced to watch those really crappy 'History of...' dvds with the cheesey early 90s background music to understand the clubs they've joined :P

'Spring Heeled Jim' Smith seems to rate himself pretty highly and he's signed on loan. If he can take corners, then that's smashing.

We haven't yet been taken over, and the shittier teams in this division are all signing players.

Don't know if anyone's seen it but over the last few weeks Mike Ashley has apparently been touting The Toon (Newcastle United) to anyone who might have a few camels to buy it. Pretty sure this is because his shit quality rip off sports store Sports Direct is doing shite on the stock market. I wish, just for one season, The Toon could be out of the papers unless it was for something good like winning the bloody league or playing the worlds hottest football.

Holy shit apparently Newcastle United have signed: Pablo Aimar! I'll try not to get my hopes up too much, considering it happens every season. We sign some amazing player from South America and he turns out shite for us.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/7485663.stm

If I could really be bothered, I go stick my head out of the window and see if I could see him at the training ground haha I live right next to it (well 5minutes). It moved to the Old Blue Flames center in Benton and I live in Forest Hall which is just down the road. You see them arrive every morning in their flash cars and 4x4 - gits.

Heh. I remember when Robbie Savage arrived at Derby last year for training, when we were bottom and not won in 13 games or something, and everybody was depressed, and Sav turned up in his brand new 4x4.

It didn't go down well.

hahaha what a tit! Its odd like as you'll see the youth players running through the village to get the training ground and you're like RUN FOOL RUN! When I worked at game I freaked this one kid out and made his day at the same time. He was buying a game and had a game card, and I was like hmm Daniel Leadbitter, where do I know that name... you play for Newcastle youth team don't you? He couldn't believe I knew - but truth was I had released him the morning before on Football Manager, I didn't tell him that part.

LOL!

Seriously LOL there.

I love the FM world at the moment, especially when you're playing long term games in years gone and you see someone you signed in FM 06 or 07 and they're actually doing something in the real world now.

Or the ones who do things in the game, and fuck all in real life.

Tonton Zola Moukoko i'm looking at you.