TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Batman Adventures

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

The new Batman Adventures series that began in this spring, is one of my favorite comics on the market right now. For the first time then Animated Comics feel like COMICS and not watered-down episodes of the series. They're doing ongoing storylines, (Penguin as Mayor, Ra's trying to kill rogues, Riddler out of jail) introducing obscure rogues to animation, and they're doing it with GUSTO.

Seriously, how can you not like a series that's only up to Issue 4 but already has shown about 20 of Batman's rogues? Plus next issue is DEADSHOT and the issue after that is BLACK MASK and FIREFLY.

BUY IT

Guest Crucifixio Jones
how can you not like a series that's only up to Issue 4 but already has shown about 20 of Batman's rogues

No wonder you've liked HUSH thus far.

Guest Bruiser Chong

I usually enjoy seeing a lot of the villains that I know, but I think it's a little short-sighted to have so many of them appear within such a short period of time. I haven't picked up the book yet, but it does sound like they've got some potentially good storylines there. But showing all your cards so early in the going just doesn't seem like the best strategy to use.

Guest The Notorious CRD

I concur that Batman Adventures is a great book. I've been thru every variation on the "animated" books and I'm enjoying this one quite a lot because of the on-going storylines mentioned by Zsasz.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
how can you not like a series that's only up to Issue 4 but already has shown about 20 of Batman's rogues

No wonder you've liked HUSH thus far.

Yeah, well there are two stories per issue, in addition the first issue was set in Arkham where we saw about a dozen rogues alone.

Guest Goodear

Ah, well just seeing someone is a perfectly acceptable form of Easter Egg for the long-time fans. Plus its like teaser time as the writers let you know that those characters are in the mix.

<-- Still marks the heel out for the Jonah Hex episode of B:TAS