TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JasonX

Scott Keith's Fantasy Booking-Arama

From his Raw Rant:

<I guess the best way to sum it up is to note that if you like Kane, you probably like the direction they’re going with the show, and I’ll leave it at that. The problem is that HHH has already destroyed all the top babyfaces, so there’s no one left on top for him to be programmed with. Personally I’d have Austin trade Kane to Smackdown for Chris Benoit, which gives you a top babyface on RAW for HHH to get a few PPVs out of, and a new unstoppable monster for Brock Lesnar to slay. Plus Kurt Angle has historically gotten better matches out of Kane than anyone else.>

That is really really stupid given that Kane being moved to SD would totally ruin his current storyline and force Kane back into the orbit of UT (who Kane should be totally kept seperate from in order to keep UT from sucking the life out of Kane's heat for his own vile selfish purposes). And Benoit can still get over/pushed on SD. Just fucking bury Big Show again and push Benoit as the grand-shit disturber in the Angle/Lesner love affair instead of Big Show....

Guest Retro Rob

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

Based on the reaction to Benoit at the SmackDown! tapings, it seems like EDDIE~! is the man to go with in this situation

However, the Kane storyline is quite interesting and although Keith would love to see his boy Benoit on top, I'm quite satisfied with the way everything is right now.

Guest Loss4Words

Kane v RVD is the money match right now. I never, ever thought I'd say that, and I still am a little shocked that I'm saying it, but that's the match toward which they need to build. Kane v Austin would draw more, but if Austin comes back for a one-shot deal, it needs to be to build toward a match with RVD. Kane v Lesnar would be an interesting feud, but it's a short-term feud, and Kane has long-term potential on RAW right now. Benoit can be pushed anytime they want to push him, they are just choosing to string him along for whatever reason. It's not like he's immediately going to the top if he's traded to RAW. He'd probably just feud with Jericho, which would be fine, but both have other things to do.

I do think Taker should factor into Kane's storyline eventually, but it's too early right now. If this thing still has steam by January, that's when you bring Undertaker in to the storyline and let Kane retire him at Wrestlemania XX.

Guest Bruiser Chong

Sending Kane over to SD would just hurt him, since as Loss said, he's got long-term potential on RAW, while short-term potential at best on SD. Not to mention the fact that Kane would just be lost in the shuffle once more because let's face it, it's all about the McMahons over on SD and anyone else is just second tier. It's better to just leave him on RAW and build towards the match with RVD, which will be about eight months in the making by time they actually go at it.

Guest Nevermortal

Scott Keith has a very big hard on for Chris Benoit.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Define "long-term potential" cause in like a year, Kane is done.

Guest Bruiser Chong

I would say that in comparison to going over to SD, Kane's got more long-term potential on RAW. He's got the storyline with RVD to work with for a couple more months, and if they would really like to get him over, they could start putting him over the top faces on RAW. I'm sure they'll probably continue the RVD program, but from there, who knows? WWE probably won't do what they should him from that point, but I still think there's more potential for him on RAW as compared to SD. If he goes to SD, what's there for him to do? Get squashed by Brock right away, then what? He'll just play second fiddle to the McMahon storyline anyway, so why not leave him on RAW where his next several months are least set and the range of possibilites are greater once that times up than they would be if he were on SD.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Of course, in relation to Smackdown, Kane is much better off on Raw. But we're talking a difference of months between the two.

Guest nikowwf

It also ignores that they are doing Goldberg vs. HHH, which is a bigger draw right now than just dropping Benoit on Raw for no reason except to be jobbed to HHH.

Keith doesn't even acknowledge Goldberg.

niko

Guest Choken One
Keith doesn't even acknowledge Goldberg.

niko

Is that such a Bad Thing?

Guest Loss4Words

Long-term is a year.

Trying to plan anything further in advance than that is fruitless because you have no idea what's on the horizon.

So long-term is booking to Wrestlemania XX at this point.

Guest Choken One

The one problem with LONG-TERM booking is incidents like Angle's Neck Injury. If the inury occured let's say a month ahead of when it did...Angle couldn't have maintained the ability to last to Mania...

You do Long-Term Booking but you run the risk of rushed choas in case of any circumstances such as Severe Injury...

Which is why they need to have back-Up plans for all scenarios.

Guest Retro Rob

Fear of injury is not an excuse to book each show 6 hours before going on air. You should plan ahead, but be prepared by having a number of strong heels and faces that could be substituted in case something were to come up.

Guest Bruiser Chong

Especially since it's not likely for someone involved in every single program to get hurt. Have a backup plan in the rare instance that someone gets hurt, but prepare things ahead of time in the likely case that most guys are going to be just fine.

I'll agree that switching Benoit for Kane is retarded. They've got all kinds of good storylines for Kane on Raw, and he fits the tenor of the program better. As for Benoit, he's really not that over, and no one would be all that excited to see him face HHH.

There's two big money-matches for Summerslam on Raw: Goldberg/HHH and Austin/Kane. Almost everyone will be ready to see Goldberg finally take HHH"s title, and they've actually done a great job with the Austin/Kane feud. The whole thing where Kane's ruining Austin's show and almost making him lose his job, but Austin can't lay a hand on Kane, it's perfect. And if you think Austin won't be able to wrestle at Summerslam, watch his three minute brawl with Kane a couple weeks ago. I'm sure Kane will have to protect him, but they'll have a match.

Then, the big money match in the long-term will be Goldberg/Kane. It would have a great "clash of the titans" vibe with both of them being unstoppable monsters. Finally, when we come around to WM XX, we'll have the dream match from five years ago, Austin/Goldberg.

If they want to move Kane to Raw for a feud with Brock after he finishes with Goldberg, I could see that, but he's got plenty of work to do on Raw right now.

Guest Bruiser Chong

Austin and Kane is not the money match, Kane and RVD is. They've been building to that one for eight months, having Austin out there would be idiotic, especially since he's too messed up to do anything more than a one-time comeback, which will surely be at Wrestlemania XX.

Guest Nevermortal

Scott Keith has a very big hard on for Chris Benoit.

That's a spoiler?

No, hence the irony.

Irony, people, irony.

Guest Goose749
There's two big money-matches for Summerslam on Raw: Goldberg/HHH and Austin/Kane

funny, cuz the matches I would prefer to see would be HHH/Kane and Austin/Goldberg

Guest Retro Rob

I was thinking.... if Goldberg does go over HHH at SummerSlam, how cool would it be to see Kane squash the new champion the next night on Raw? That would probably turn Kane into a Mega-Face for HHH to defeat at the next Raw PPV.

Too bad Goldberg has that damned creative control.

Guest Goose749
Why Kane/HHH? We've gotten it more then enough times...

cuz who else is there that HHH would want to fight? Anyway, ur talking to a boy without TNN

Because HHH tried to frame Kane as being a necrophilliac, beat him in order to force him to unmask, stole his girlfriend (Tori, the Sable Stalker) and gave her to his slimey best friend to rape and brainwash, and beat the living daylight out of him with Austin over a year and half ago during the Two-Man Power Trip...

Storylinewise Kane has the most to gain by being the one who slays the HHH beast with Chris Jericho in a very close second...

Guest Choken One

Because HHH tried to frame Kane as being a necrophilliac, beat him in order to force him to unmask, stole his girlfriend (Tori, the Sable Stalker) and gave her to his slimey best friend to rape and brainwash, and beat the living daylight out of him with Austin over a year and half ago during the Two-Man Power Trip...

Storylinewise Kane has the most to gain by being the one who slays the HHH beast with Chris Jericho in a very close second...

mAKES Sense...

Thought you meant in the MATCH sense.

Angle-Wise it's logical.

Guest Choken One

And Turned him from the first friends he ever had in his life...

I can see why Kane would have a *litte* hatred for the guy.

Guest Bruiser Chong

Why would they go with Kane, a guy who's being built up as the biggest monster on RAW, against HHH, supposedly the biggest heel on RAW? They may have a score to settle, but throwing Kane against HHH is just going to hurt one of them, most likely Kane. Just go for Kane vs. RVD. It's the logical and obvious choice and there's nothing wrong with that.

Guest Retro Rob

I would agree with you Bruiser, but Kane is actually getting over as a face. He got a pretty big pop for the Tombstone on Linda.