TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Downhome

Suggest some films to me in the vein of...

Guest IDrinkRatsMilk

Well, you'll want Bad Taste.

Riki-O: The Story of Ricky is essential.

Demons 1 & 2 (they come in a nice double dvd set)

For innovation in bloodletting and sheer bodycount, I can't think of a better example than Premutos: Lord of the Living Dead.

These are all pretty funny.

Guest Youth N Asia

Death Race 2000...you seem to like dumb comedy with violence. (don't we all)

Guest evenflowDDT

I think I plugged Synapse's upcoming release of Stacy. If I didn't, when that comes out (can't remember when exactly, sorry), check that out...hey, because of your examples, do you mean zombie specific movies, or just black comedy/horror in general?

Guest NoCalMike

Braindead aka Dead Alive.....but be sure to get the UNRATED version.

Guest WrestlingDeacon

"Evilspeak" starring Clint Howard. Joe Bob Briggs once said "if we ever showed that here on TNT it would be edited down so much the movie would only be twenty minutes long." I actually own the movie and don't find it to be that gory until the end. However, this movie is a second cousin to Evil Dead, sure thing.

Guest IDrinkRatsMilk

For the record, the unrated Dead Alive isn't completely uncut. Braindead (which is what it's called outside the US) has 7 or 8 more minutes, but as far as I know you can only get that on dvd in region 2. It doesn't make all that much difference though, unless this is your absolute favorite genre of film, the US unrated version is fine.

I have a Region 0 copy of Braindead actually. Found it at a flee market. Your right though not much is added. I just wanted to respond to say "I kick ass for the Lord!"

Guest Mindless_Aggression

I highly recommend Dog Soldiers. It is essentially Evil Dead with werewolves once you get into the meet of the plot but it has about 20 times the action and theres more than one likable character unlike ED.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Scotty was the only smart one...until he went out into those fucking woods alone.

I'd suggest The Convent, which is basically "hey, remember Evil Dead II?", only with a few better one-liners and even FAKER looking gore (it's just glow-in-the-dark paint). But hey, it has this priceless line.

-"My brother's going to be the Antichrist?!"

-"Afraid so."

-"Oh man...mom's gonna be pissed!"

It also has Coolio as a jumpy cop that shoots at a white chick after walking out of a donut shop. Really, really fun movie.

Also, as a must for zombie fans, The Dead Hate The Living. There are so many throwbacks to classic zombie flicks (hell, the entire movie in one big homage to the classics, as nearly every scene is taken from an older movie), and features the line "Dammit! What would Bruce Campbell do...?"

Guest mach7
Come on, feed me the insanity.

Sincerely,

...Downhome...

Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things

City of the Living Dead [aka The Gates of Hell]

The Beyond

...lots of good stuff there. Not as comedic as Evil Dead can get sometimes, but it's still good on the gore and makeup fx. I always find that 70's/80's Italian Horror flicks do astounding jobs on the gore factor.

Check out http://www.houseofhorrors.com/ [check 'The Vault' section] for more...

Guest Youth N Asia

Beware, Children At Play...real shitter of a movie. but the last 5 minutes is gold

Guest NoCalMike

I have The Beyond in the special edition Tin. It is fucking great, and the gore is exellent.

I think I plugged Synapse's upcoming release of Stacy. If I didn't, when that comes out (can't remember when exactly, sorry), check that out...hey, because of your examples, do you mean zombie specific movies, or just black comedy/horror in general?

I have an advanced copy of the DVD straight from Synapse. Haven't watched it yet, but it looks fucking awesome.