TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Slapnuts00

Mad Mikey

Guest Slapnuts00

Anyone else notice that during Mad Mikey's entrance it said Mikey's Mad because...Elix voice annoys him. Obviously that was tailored for the match. They'll probably have a new Mad Mikey Fact every match ala Matt Hardy. Gotta say its a good move since those things can be fun.

Guest The Notorious CRD

I don't know how good an idea it is to be ripping things off from WWE. We saw how well that went over when WCW started doing it (Buzzkill, anyone?).

Guest crandamaniac

Quick question, but did they say where he was from? as in where his hometown is?

Guest The Decadent Slacker

First off, Mad Mikey is one of the most retarded names i've heard for a guy not in the indies. Second, Elix's voice is annoying, in that Christopher Lowell/Michael Jackson sort of way (but Elix rules so it's accepted). Third, at least they'll be ripping off one of the few GOOD things the WWE has done gimmick wise. It's not like it'll be Shark Boy setting Tenay on fire. But i'm for Mikeytude as long as he can back it up, ring-wise.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Wasn't Crash an MFer briefly?

Cause it's funny now that he gets his own "facts"

Guest HeelSection1

I'm glad somebody else finally said something about this. First of all, when you put the name Mikey up on the screen.....eveyone thinks(and hopes for)Whipwreck. Then we see that it's just Crash. Ho-hum. Then there is that ridculous little cartoon figure followed by the Matt Hardy Mattitude Fact ripoff. All this for a guy who couldn't cut it on Velocity.....sad.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

They need to give him an over the top gimmick.

With it maybe some people will forget that he was a super jobber as Crash.

And I sure as hell didn't want Mikey Whipwreck.

Guest bob_barron

Yea- Mikey is injured right now- He looked really bad at Death before Dishonor

Guest Slapnuts00
It's not like it'll be Shark Boy setting Tenay on fire. But i'm for Mikeytude as long as he can back it up, ring-wise.

That'd actually be really funny!

They need Scott Hudson backstage talking, have the Jaws shark music come on, you see Shark Boy's fin at the bottom of the screen moving around behind him, then at the climax of the music he jumps up and pounces on Hudson.

Guest Choken One

Mad Mikey?

Whose Booking this shit? Oh Yeah.

Jesus...and you guys thing Gerwitz is bad?

Guest Deviant

I don't think they should have gone with comedy for Crash, we've seen that, let him wrestle. If no one cares, then interview him and reveal him to still be a dumbass.

The reasons Mikey is mad would work, but I just don't like the idea of ripping WWE off in any way.

HeelSection1, just because a company cant find a spot for a guy doesn't mean he sucks. Most of the internet fans need to get that through their thick skulls.

Guest BoboBrazil

He wasn't that impressive. The x division is supposed to be high flying and he didn't deliver. His new gimmick is one of the worst gimmicks of all time too. I thought he would actually change from WWE, but he is using the same fucking gimmick. Instead of turning out like D'lo and Raven, he is turning out like Brian Lawler. One more chance is all he gets.

Guest Joe

I enjoyed "Mad Mikey" in his first match in TNA...Yeah the gimmick is pretty lame but he gave a good match against Elix Skipper, and the "Mikey's mad because..." stuff could very well catch on...Sure it's similiar to the Matt Hardy "facts", but it's also a lot different (most of the time we get random facts from Matt...it seems like we'll always get opponent related stuff with Mikey)...

It's not like he's dressed as a penis or something. At least, he's just mad and stuff. If he can show that he can actually wrestle a decent-good match, it's fine.

Guest hebtheeagle

To answer the eariler question...yes, Mad Mikey (b.k.a. Crash Holy) was indeed a Mattitude follower for a while before he left the WWE.

They need Scott Hudson backstage talking, have the Jaws shark music come on, you see Shark Boy's fin at the bottom of the screen moving around behind him, then at the climax of the music he jumps up and pounces on Hudson.

:lol: :lol: :lol: That is the funniest idea i have heard in bloody ages, i cracked up as ssoon as i read that.

Guest The Decadent Slacker

Well to be fair, Crash has had only one match so far in TNA. As bps & others have said, it took D-Lo a couple weeks to get into his current groove, so the same might be true with Crash. I still don't know exactly WHY they picked him up, since his name value is laughable & there's serious doubt about his ability (although he had a few great matches in '00, Vs Malenko though), but then again it is Russo the man who created the Superheavyweight gimmick, so whatever. I'd much rather have had ol' Erin go with the indys for a little while to see if he can go, then bring him in. but whatever; i don't see much point in wasting a lot of energy on Crash Holly.

The only thing i want him to do is take a Styles Clash.

Guest EN090
Mad Mikey?

Whose Booking this shit? Oh Yeah.

Jesus...and you guys thing Gerwitz is bad?

Mad Mikey?

Atleast Mad Mikey actually is given an opportunity in TNA rather then be shit on in WWE. You wanna compare Gewertz and Russo? Give me something Gewertz came up with that was better than the Raven/Jarrett feud, Jarrett/Styles, Triple X, etc. I know Russo isn't perfect but comparing him Gewertz is laughable.

Guest Goodear

Weren't all of those angles (with the exception of XXX which was a team and not an angle), thought of as having exceedingly bad pay offs? It's not really a genius invention to just stick good wreslters together in a tag team.

He wasn't that impressive. The x division is supposed to be high flying and he didn't deliver. His new gimmick is one of the worst gimmicks of all time too.

Wait. This is an industry that's featured wrestling pirates, dentists, ghosts, hockey players, country music singers, guys in bull suits, guys who think they're poultry, monks, guys in turkey suits, Spider-Man knockoffs, Ninja Turtles, race car drivers, and tax men... not to mention Bastion Booger, Mark Henry's "Sexual Chocolate" persona, and damn we're just scratching the surface here...

And MAD MIKEY is one of the worst gimmicks of all-time?

Guest hebtheeagle

Whatever Crash does...if he wants to be taken seriously...he's going to have to drop the Hop Splash.

Guest EN090
Weren't all of those angles (with the exception of XXX which was a team and not an angle), thought of as having exceedingly bad pay offs? It's not really a genius invention to just stick good wreslters together in a tag team.

XXX was a tag team but I was talking more about the formation of the team. I don't know about the bad payoffs but I do know that Raven/Jarrett, atleast in Russo's mind (before it was changed), was supposed to see Raven go over and fulfill his destiny in the NWA Title. That didn't happen thanks to Jarrett.

Guest Deviant
Whatever Crash does...if he wants to be taken seriously...he's going to have to drop the Hop Splash.

Well, yeah, but as long as he's still a comedy act, that thing sounds GOLD.

Raven's loss was also based around the fact that his contract expired that week and he had not yet resigned. He is now back on the full time roster for quite a long period of time, at least a year, isn't it? So I guess they figure they have time to stall when they should have struck while the iron was hot, which had proven successful in their past. There's no way they can guarantee the heat that first match had the second time around. Instead of trying and begging for a new contract, they simply said "Ah well, Jarrett retains".