TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest KOR420

Blade 2

Guest KOR420

I saw this movie last night,and i have to say it was very sweet! the effects were a little overdone,but it didn't take away from the movie at all,just as good as the first

Guest redbaron51

I don't know...

effects were done nicely, but it seemed like it didn't live up to the first

Guest saturnmark4life

saw it a couple of days back....the effects were cool and in the theatre the sound was fatastic, that helped, but it was just another fun shit action film. Definitely fun tho. The bit where he suplexed the guard whilst keeping a completely straight expression had me in tears laughing. Like spawn, but better. (thank god)

Guest John Dub

Yeah, some of the effects were really overdone, specifically the ninja/Blade fight in front of the lights, but I thought it was a really cool movie, just as good as the first. I thought the blood pack was incredibly cool, and the way the things sucked blood was messed up. There was one part I didn't really like, but I won't ruin it for anyone else, but the movie is better than the first, although the night club scene in the first rules over all else, as a whole, I liked this better.

Guest Tomato Can

You liked the blood pack?  My god, what a collection of wimps and dorks.  I personally thought they were a laughable group of worthless non-characters just there to be killed.  Reinhart was the only non-completely worthless one.

Guest John Dub
You liked the blood pack?  My god, what a collection of wimps and dorks.  I personally thought they were a laughable group of worthless non-characters just there to be killed.  Reinhart was the only non-completely worthless one.

I agree they were pretty worthless, but the chinese dude and the big one with the hammer were pretty damn cool. I think they should have been used much more, and they didn't really do much for the movie as a whole, but I thought the two of them were cool, and if they made a prequel focusing on the Blood Pack, I'd see it...but that's just me.

Guest Pegasus Kid

As an action movie I thought it was top flight stuff.  There were a few gripes though:

- Blade's attitude was a total turn off for me.  He want from stoic as hell to joking around and being sarcastic.  I didn't suit the character and was a total 180 from the first movie.

- The Blood Pack was overhyped tripe.  They made these guys look like bad asses and then they turn out almost totally worthless.  I agree that "the chinese guy" and Lighthammer should have been used far better.  "The Chinese guy" was in the last Highlander movie and rocked my world in his lone fight scene, yet he was barely used here.  Too bad... he should have been there at the end.

- Over the top stuff like the Mega Light Bomb was fun to see but seemed more along the lines of "look how cool this would be" rather than "should we put this in."

All in all I'd recommend seeing it.  If you don't have a big screen and great sound at home, see it in the theater because a lof of the nuances in the film are based on the viewers sensory perception and one channel stuff on a regular screen won't do it justice.

Guest evenflowDDT

Blech... there were WAY too many CG-effects for me.  Though I'll always remember Blade's BY GOD STALLING SUPLEX~! during that climactic battle... and the scaffold match, and... ummmm... seriously though, it was fun to watch at the time, but its totally unmemorable, and its not just Blade who is annoyingly switching from stoic to funny, what about Whistler? The audience cracked up at his every line... I just couldn't take the film seriously! The exploding light bombs were definitely a cool effect though, especially since, unlike the other cool effects, they weren't overdone to the point of them being dumb effects.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I liked the look of the um...bad guy things...

Anyway...they looked seet...like Nosferatu.

No where near as good as the first (Cause Stephen Dorff kicked so much ass)

Could've used a little more plot and a little less action sequences...but worth the price of admission.

I never would have thought it possible...but it's no resident evil.

Guest J*ingus

I just saw it tonight, and I dunno.  Mixed feelings abound.  A few points:

-Donnie Yen rules the earth, as he did the awesome fight choreography.  

-Blade is such a uberbadass that it's almost ridiculous.  This guy never takes a wrong step, never misses a shot, is never without a one-liner, hell, he never drops his sunglasses.  He slices through enemies so fast that even Chow Yun-Fat would tell him to slow the fuck down.  It's like he's the main character in a game of Contra or something.  I mean, come on, even James Bond screws up or gets beaten every once in a while.  

-The new super-vampire Reapers are just creepy as all hell.  Harry Knowles got off a pretty good line about how it was as if "a tribe of Schreck's nosferatus were eating their way through Anne Rice's Euro-undead."  

-I wanted to see more of Kris Kristofferson and Ron Perlman, both guys kick SO much ass.  

-The leading lady sucked, although her part was written so poorly I couldn't tell if she could act or not.  Her eventual fate was surprising, I kept expecting them to reveal that she was a new breed of engineered vampire that was immune to everything, or something, but instead we got that incredibly depressing, though mordibly touching, scene at the end.  

-The whole film just felt, well, eh.  Individual moments were incredible, the red-eyed commando invasion scene was amazing, but the whole thing was a downer.  It was definitely one of those Desperado-ish "nobody's getting out of here alive!" movies, in which only two people survived the movie, out of the entire cast of dozens of speaking roles.

Guest KOR420

I thought the funniest part was when he put that bomb on perlmans head and kept slapping him,thats the only time i laughed

Guest Mystery Eskimo

I thought it was excellent, better than the first. The first was spoiled for me by the big, ultimately powerful evil vampire being killed by a syringe of EDTA,which is pretty unimpressive if you have a chemistry degree like me and have used EDTA several times.

The suplex was v funny. I also liked the huge flying elbow drop.

Guest starvenger

The fight scenes were pretty good.  I'm not sure how many of the martial arts scenes were sped up, but it didn't have the 45 at 33rpm feel of the Matrix (which I love, but c'mon, Keanu doing kung fu?).  

>Harry Knowles got off a pretty good line about how it was as if "a tribe of Schreck's nosferatus were eating their way through Anne Rice's Euro-undead."  

Harry's funny sometimes, but his website is such a fucking visual mess that I get a headache looking at it.

>The leading lady sucked, although her part was written so poorly I couldn't tell if she could act or not.

Well, I can tell you that she looks pretty good in Maxim. :)

One thing that bothered me was that it was rather obvious who in the Blood Pack was expendible.  They tried to make it like Aliens, but the difference there was that you got a chance to care about the Marines.  Here you're not given that opportunity.  Well, except for Yen's character (who also gets the crappiest death), because we get to see that he's badass - but not Blade badass.

>The suplex was v funny. I also liked the huge flying elbow drop.

It's like they knew that they'd do a cross promotion with WWF Canada and Famous Players or something.

Anyways, a decent movie, it'll tide you over until Spider-Man debuts...

Guest the 1inch punch

I'd like 2 point out that the red haired chick in the Bloodpack is the BIGGEST DURHAM RED RIP-OFF EVER

Guest Lil Naitch

I saw this movie and feared what Spider-Man would look like. To many computer effects for my liking, but overall a fairly good movie.

I agree that some of the CGI was overdone (the fight infront of the lights looked horrible) and there wasn't much to it as far as story or characters.  It was very exciting though, the movie ran at 90mph during it's full 2 hours and was jammed with a hell of a lot of violence and action.  I thought it was really well directed as well, and the Reapers were very cool.  I'd say I enjoyed it as much as the original, but for different reasons.  I hope Blade 3 follows suit and doesn't end up sucking.