TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest tpww7

Samoa Joe Injured?

Guest tpww7

Somebody posted this over at the ROH message board so I'm not sure but.

"Over the past week I sustained a elbow injury that kept me from competing on Pro Wrestling Guerilla's inaugural show this past weekend. As it stands I have some strained ligaments and a small tear in my right elbow joint. I once again apologise to the fans and to those involved with PWG's first show. I am told I will need to take a week off for observation then hopefully (best case scenario) a few more weeks to recover.

Joe."

That PWG card was looking quite good as well.

How perfect would it have been for London to have won the ROH title at the last show then? Unless of course it is only keeping him out for a few weeks.

I know that was very dissapointing, But at least Samoa Joe had the class and showed up at PWG and addressed the crowd. And AJ Styles and Frankie Kazarian still put on a great match in Joe's absence and SD Vs. M-Dogg was a very fun match as well, dispite problems PWG still delivered.

Their next shows August 29/30 should be ones to watch as well.. It's 2 day 16 man World touney... Announced so far: Chris Daniels, Colt Cabana, B-Boy, Super Dragon and others

Edited by PsychoDriver

I know that was very dissapointing, But at least Samoa Joe had the class and showed up at PWG and addressed the crowd. And AJ Styles and Frankie Kazarian still put on a great match in Joe's absence and SD Vs. M-Dogg was a very fun match as well, dispite problems PWG still delivered.

Their next shows August 29/30 should be ones to watch as well.. It's 2 day 16 man World touney... Announced so far: Chris Daniels, Colt Cabana, B-Boy, Super Dragon and others

Can you link us for more info. That sounds pretty good, I might be buying my first PWG tape.

Guest tpww7

According to ROHWrestling.com...

ROH world champion Samoa Joe has some ligament strains and a slight tear in his elbow, but he should be fine with about a week's rest.

Can you link us for more info. That sounds pretty good, I might be buying my first PWG tape.

LOL, I think it'll be everyone's first PWG tape.

More info on which show? Saturdays or the ones in august? I don't think there's anymore info out about the August Tourney other than what was on the flyer.

For a thread about Saturday's show Check here: http://www.socaluncensored.com/board/showt...=&threadid=3933

I've heard the tape of the saturday show will be out in 2 weeks with a DVD coming later.

And more info on the august shows on the tape/DVD will be posted at PWG's site will it becomes available: http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/

lol, I meant the forthcoming show, not the one that has just happened.

More info on which show? Saturdays or the ones in august? I don't think there's anymore info out about the August Tourney other than what was on the flyer.

I sort of meant in general, like a link to the promotions site etc.

lol, I meant the forthcoming show, not the one that has just happened.

I sort of meant in general, like a link to the promotions site etc.

oh ok... as I said it's http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/ but not much info is really up yet. SoCalUncensored.com probably will have the info posted first.

Really should look into the first show though, despite all the changes it was still very good.

Ok cheers. The trouble is, with me being from the UK, it's probably easier said than done for me to get the tape.

Got ya, forgot it's probably fairly difficult to locate US Indy tapes in the UK...

It is and it isn't, depending on what your after and who you know.

Until this promotion takes off, its going to be pretty difficult for me to get tapes, unless I send money to the US for them or pay a fortune.

Guest Deviant

Good to know it wasn't a huge, serious injury. Also credit has to go to Joe for appearing at the PWG show even while injured, very respectable.