Guest Thoth

SJL WRATH JULY 27 2003

Guest Thoth

**FWOOSH!**

**BANG!**

**SNAP!**

**CRACKLE!**

**POP!**

...and with yet another cavalacade of pyrotechnics, SJL Wrath is on the air! The camera does its 'swooping through the crowd trick,' catching site of the rowdy fans in the Canadian Capital of Ottawa! The cheering from the crowd increases as they jump around, desperately trying to get their three and a half secomds of camera time, before a female voice interrupts the crowd shots and the painfully generic rock of the Wrath theme...

"We are *live* and in living colour from Ottawa..." pause, "...Ontario, Canada!" The camera ceases its 'their face in YOUR face' shots of the crowd, and settles on the announcers table, populated of course by new commentators "Judge Mental" William Hearford, Ejiro Fasaki, and of course, Annie Eclectic. Annie continues her intro, "I'm Annie Eclectic--accompanied by two clowns who don't really deserve introduction--enjoying the first day on a job I... ah... thought I'd never have." Annie grins, and adjusts the lapels on unspeakably tacky green w/ pink pinstripe suit.

"Yeah, and Axis didn't think you would either, until you flashed him a few 50's." And with a glower on his face and his feet up on the announcer's table, Ejiro Fasaki seizes the oppertunity to make the first of many interruptions this evening. Annie returns the glare.

"Yeah, well, at least I didn't have to go up to King and su--"

"Good lord!" And with that, the interruption game continues, as Judge gets his first word in. "Not even a minute into the job, and you two are already going at it. Show some dignity, please." Annie and Ejiro look at Judge, stick their tongue out at each other, and turn away. Judge sighs. "Honestly, why did King suggest us for this job? He *knew* this would cause fireworks."

"Well, Kingsly didn't know that Eclectic bought Crusen out of a job, either," begins Ejiro. "BESIDES! I think this could be as good a decision as making the both of us pair up, eh buddy?" Ejiro throws an arm around Judge. "Just think! We can use this oppertunity to put down these JL nobodys! No-sell their big spots! And most importantly, we can tell the fine folks at home their time would be better spent buying out a line of Justice & Rule merchandise than watching this crap!"

Judge seems to muse everything Ejiro's saying, as Annie shakes her head in disgust. "If you two boys are done with the lovefest, we DO have a show to announce," says Annie. "And getting right to that, first up we've got--"

"YEA!"

KA-BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

And just to pull everything full circle, Art Alexis' scream interrupts Annie, introducing the SJL commissioner to all the fans in attendance. The Canadians greet Chris Raynor with a chorus of boos (among other things), as he makes his way down the aisle.

"...as I was about to say, first up the commissioner has some promo time ahead of him," Annie finishes.

Microphone in hand, Raynor enters the ring, brushing off the jeers, insults and the popcorn from some moron in the front row off his ill-fitting lesiure suit. Waiting for the boos to die dow--and attempting to keep any deragatory chants from starting up--Raynor raises the mic up to his mouth...

"Now... I'd like to keep this short, as much as I'm sure all of you just loooovebeing graced by my presence." The crowd boos heavily, as Ejiro snorts derisively at the table.

"Well, I know I do, Chris." Fasaki says, trying to score a few bonus suckup points.

"But regardless..." Raynor continues, "I'm here to address one thing, and one thing only right now... and his name is Charlie Matthews!" At Raynor's barking of the SJL world champion, a HUGE cheer errupts in Ottawa. Raynor glowers. "Ah, no, don't bother cheering for him--you won't be seeing Charlie Matthews ANY time tonight." The cheers immediately revert back to boos, as Judge muses...

"Well, honestly, after the kind of match he went through on Metal, I could see the logic in not wanting to book your champion." Judge is hushed by Ejiro... before Fasaki realizes something.

"Wait, Bill. You actually watch this stuff?"

"Well, I..."

Mental purposely trails off, waiting for Raynor to pick up his speech... which he does, fortunately. "No, fans," Continues the commish, with a hint of acid disgust, "You will not be seeing Charlie Matthews anytime tonight... or EVER again in the SJL! Indeed, as any of you who watched Storm would know, Charlie "Grappler"Matthews' contract is now sole property of the SWF, and the Suicide King himself! The SJL champion is done, finished, and gotten the HELL out of MY league!" Raynor finishes with a snarl, pumping his fist in the air! ...to a MASSIVE cheer. Raynor looks a bit stupefied at crowd... and Judge and Annie look stupefied as Ejiro stands up, and begins applauding himself.

"Amazing! Ingenious! My god, that's so incredibly devious! After such a stellar career, and such brilliant management decision afterwards, TELL ME how this man isn't in the hall of fame!"

There is a small, stunned pause at the announcer's table.

"So getting bumped is some sort of punishment now? Right," Says Annie, to no-one in particular.

"...yes, really. Ejiro, you do just realize that Raynor rewarded Charlie Matthews with something ever greater than the SJL world titl--ow! Don't elbow me in the ribs!"

As Ejiro hushes Judge up once again, Raynor valiantly no-sells the crowd, continuing with his speech. "Yeah, well... regardless of what YOU think, this just goes to prove that no-one, not ever the world champion, screws with me or the Urban Decay!" The crowd, having calmed a bit, begins booing again. "When the Urban Decay formed only a few shows ago, we swore that we would break down Charlie Matthews until there was nothing left! And even if I did it myself, I think it's fair to say we've accomplished what we set out to do." Raynor grins as he says this, inspiring the jeers to pick up again, and the 'asssshoooole, asssshooooole' chants to being. He shrugs them off again.

"None the less, I have one last point to make before I leave--" RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Raynor glowers. "Right. Before I go to the back, I'd like point out that with the Grappler now in the SWF, this leaves a slight... vacancy with the top title. So I would like to announce, right now, the booking of tonight's main event!"

"Which was, apparently, set to be Scott Solomon vs Bloodshed in a Euro title defense," Annie points out.

"Eh. No-one would've watched that anyway. I'm sure what Raynor has lined up is MUCH better."

"...uh, Ejiro? Raynor booked this entire card anyway." Annie's response draws silence from the usually uppity Fasaki.

"Tonight!" Booms Raynor! "There will be a three-way match for the SJL world heavyweight title! Manson versus Aecas versus, of course, "The Sinner" John Duran!" At the mention of el rudo numero uno, the crowd AGAIN rings out with a chorus of boos. Raynor ignores them as he wraps it up... "Naturally, I'd like to wish the best of luck to John Duran in capturing his first world title. And as for Aecas and Manson... well... I hear Bloodshed's going to be looking for new challangers if he retains tonight." Raynor ends it all with a grin, as the crowd HAILS jeers and obscenities in the commissioner's direction. As "Electra Made Me Blind" kicks up again, Raynor gets the last word in, "Oh, and folks, do make sure that you enjoy the show."

As Chris makes his way to the back, Ejiro can't help but gush. "Genius. Absolute, unquestionable genius. Judge, Annie, I'm just in awe of this man."

"Right. You're absolutely hopeless, Fasaki. And I guess Manson and Aecas should be thankful that Raynor didn't book 'no-dq against Duran' with Urban Decay lumberjacks. This time," says Annie, in total monotone.

"Honestly, I wouldn't have disagreed if he had. Besides, Bloodshed's a good kid! He could use the experience from fighting Manson or Aecas!"

"...put a sock in it, Ejiro," Annie replies. "No, better yet, put a cock in--"

"HEY! That's quite enough!" Judge interrupts, rubbing his temples. It's going to be a loooooooong first night. "Really, you two... at least save it until the main event. Anyway, after this commercial break, we've got two new guys coming up. Stay tuned."

Guest Thoth

Judge- Looks like right now, we’re ready for our first match of the evening…and we’ve got two guys making SJL debuts tonight. We don’t know that much about either man, so this should be interesting. And for Hybrid and Landon Maddix, I’m sure the butterflies are beginning to well up in their stomachs…

Ejiro- Well they’d better not have butterflies Judge. This is the big time, having butterflies won’t bring you wins.

Ejiro is cut off, as the front of the Wrath staging is lit up as flames shoot up, instantly waking up the murmuring crowd. “Cancer” by Fuel begins to play as the fire pyros die down slightly, but do not stop. Out from the back, Hybrid walks out to a mixed reaction from the crowd, walking right past the flames beside him.

Annie- Well, this guy looks like a barrel of laughs.

Ejiro- He’s not out here to entertain Annie. This guy looks like he’s all business, and I like that.

Not taking the slightest bit of notice of any of the fans at ringside, Hybrid slowly walks down the aisleway and climbs onto the apron. He takes a quick look around, and the rowdy Ottawa crowd brings a slightly sour look to his face, before he enters the ring. Walking to the corner, he begins to adjust his red elbow and ‘kicking’ pads ready for action. Suddenly, the opening chords of Marilyn Manson's 'The Fight Song' ring around the arena and blue flashlights begin to shoot about the entrance. The crowd cheers as Landon Maddix runs out from the back, stops on the top of the stage and spins around ala Shawn Michaels, soaking up the noise from the slightly indifferent crowd. Maddix then 'struts' down the aisle, tagging the outstretched hands of the fans by the aisleway as he goes. Stopping momentarily, Maddix spins around again at the foot of the aisle, arms stretched out in the air as he begins to sing along with the music in the background.

Ejiro- Look at this kid…you know, I’ve already said about Hybrid being an all action man. I guess this kid would be the total opposite of that. In that he’s a conceited loser.

Maddix walks around the ring tagging the hands of the ringside fans as the music continues. Landon goes the entire way around the ring, tagging hands with as many people as possible, before leaping onto the apron in one bound, turning around, raising his arms out as the crowd chant along with the music...

FIGHT!

FIGHT!

FIGHT!

FIGHT!

Maddix then enters the ring and leaps to the middle rope, holding his hands up in the air soaking up the few cheers from the crowd and the screams from the female fans in attendance. Maddix then leaps down, to be met by Hybrid, his eyes locked on Landon’s.

Judge- Fun time’s over for Landon, we’ll see if he can get the job done in the ring.

The two stand nose to nose in the center of the ring, as the bell to signal the start of the match rings behind them. Hybrid continues to stare a hole through Landon, not saying a word, just trying to intimidate with his stare. Sensing the anger quickly, Landon sensibly backs off, before circling the ring trying to ready himself for action. Hybrid continues to keep his eyes locked on Maddix, who seemingly is now ready again, begins to close in. The two meet in the center of the ring again, and after another few seconds of staredown move forward into a collar and elbow tie-up. Hybrid forces the smaller Landon back into corner, using his strength to push his head backwards, as behind him a five count is started up by the referee. Hybrid hears it, and gives a clean break, before backing up and encouraging Landon to try his luck again.

Ejiro- I think this kid is getting punked out here by Hybrid. One tie-up, and already Maddix looks scared.

Annie- He doesn’t look so scared to me. A little off-thrown maybe, but not scared.

Maddix tries to fire himself up again, jogging across the ring before moving back into another collar and elbow tie-up. Again Hybrid uses his strength advantage and starts to push Landon back towards the corner, but Maddix thinks quickly and scoots behind locking on a hammerlock. Hybrid tries to reach through his legs, looking for an escape, but Maddix steps backwards slightly preventing Hybrid from reaching his leg. Hybrid tries another strategy, and spins through for a hammerlock of his own, but Maddix uses the momentum against Hybrid and manages to keep the hammerlock on. Eventually Landon releases it, but just as quickly shoves Hybrid to the ropes. Coming back off, Hybrid manages to duck a clothesline and run on. Charging for a clothesline of his own, Hybrid doesn’t think to look down and see Maddix’s feet in a position to hit a drop toe hold. Flying forward, Hybrid lands on the middle rope, as Landon smiles and tries to get the fans approval.

Ejiro- Don’t tell me this idiot’s going to do this. Doesn’t he know he could get sued for copyright infringement.

Judge- Well…I don’t think he’s planning what you think he’s planning.

Landon charges towards the ropes and grabs the top and middle ropes, using them to whirl himself around for a ‘619’…but instead of smashing his feet into the face, he HOOKS his feet around Hybrid’s head. Using surprising arm strength, Maddix pulls himself back around, head scissoring Hybrid through the ropes and to the outside!!! Finally the crowd are woken up, applauding the move as Maddix rolls back into the ring.

Judge- That’s impressive, and I’ve got my notes here…

Ejiro- Notes?

Judge- Yeah, I’ve done my research see. And that’s the ‘Whiparound’ apparently. Great move either way, and it sets Hybrid up here for something big by the looks of things.

Landon waits in the ring, as a slightly stunned Hybrid begins to pull himself up. Landon grabs a hold of the top rope, and launches himself out looking for a plancha. Hybrid sees it coming though, and dives out of the way, sending Maddix crashing hard to the floor. Hybrid quickly picks Landon up, and throws him back into the ring, before going to the apron and then up to the top rope. Holding his gut in pain, Maddix lays hurt on the mat. Hybrid steadies himself as he gets to the top, and goes for the Hybrid Theory, but Landon rolls out of the way in time.

Judge- Landon was playing the proverbial possum, and boy did he sucker in Hybrid.

Ejiro- Well that’s a cheap move. Feigning an injury to your gain…that’s just wrong.

Hybrid begins to pull himself up, holding his gut in pain. Maddix meanwhile is up behind him, and runs to the ropes. Coming back off, he swings his right leg viciously for a Shining Wizard, which is ducked by Hybrid. Confused, Landon sits on his knees, which allows Hybrid to jump up and hit a Shining Wizard of his own! Hybrid quickly makes a cover…

ONE…

T…

Just a one count, as Landon kicks out quickly. Both men get back up to their feet, and give each other a wary look knowing both men have gotten the best of each other in the past few minutes.

Judge- I guess that shot didn’t connect properly, otherwise we’d have had more than a one count. And Landon certainly wouldn’t be up yet.

Landon holds his hands out with a smile, looking slightly cocky in the process, seemingly taunting Hybrid at the same time as crediting him. This doesn’t sit too well with Hybrid, who has tired of the stalling, and wants to fight. He launches forward with right hands, Landon retaliating with rights of his own. Hybrid gets the advantage, backing Landon against the ropes before sending him across the ring. Hybrid tries to catch Landon coming back with a superkick, but he sees it coming and catches Hybrid’s leg. Hopping to stay on his feet, Hybrid looks slightly off balance, allowing Landon to take him down with a back legsweep on his standing leg. Maddix takes the other leg, and tries to lock on a Texas cloverleaf, which is countered with right hands by Hybrid. Going back to his technical abilities, he then uses his legs for a modified leg takedown on Maddix, taking him down face first. Hybrid gets back up, knowing he got the better of Landon again, who looks a little frustrated.

Ejiro- Well it’s like I always told ya buddy, superior technical wrestling will win out, no matter how big or how flashy your opponent is. Hybrid’s beaten this kid on power, beaten him in technical wrestling, he’s able to equal him on speed. He’s got his number I tell ya.

Maddix looks around for a moment, but it’s obviously a feint as in the next moment he charges at Hybrid. Hybrid sees him coming, ducks a clothesline and hits a stiff kick to the ribs, before locking him in a waistlock and hitting a brutal german suplex, FOLDING Landon’s weight up across his neck!!!

Annie- Oh…oh, that was bad.

Ejiro- No…that was great! Textbook suplex, bad landing…oh sorry Annie…I forgot, he’s your ‘perfect guy’.

Annie- Perfect guy?

Ejiro- Yeah…he looks like a woman! ZING!

Hybrid decides not to go for a pin, but instead pulls up the crumpled mess he has left known as Landon Maddix, and hits a knee to the gut. Maddix seems totally disorientated, dropping to one knee momentarily as Hybrid prepares his next move. Backing up, Hybrid suddenly charges and nails a high leg clothesline, taking Landon down and seemingly out. Hybrid hooks the leg for a cover…

…ONE…

…TWO…

..kickout at two.

Pulling Maddix back up to his feet by his blond hair, Hybrid looks in control of proceedings. He grabs Landon by the arm and irish whips him to the corner. Maddix crashes off the turnbuckle pads back first, and stumbles out into a stiff Hybrid clothesline. Landon gets right back up out of instinct, but Hybrid is waiting with a hard boot to the gut. Taking both of Landon’s arms he locks in a double underhook, before raising him for a ‘Stevie-T’. Frantically, Maddix kicks his legs repeatedly to force his weight down, and manages to land his feet on the mat.

Judge- Nice technique there…

Landon spins out of the double underhook, ending up behind Hybrid who begins to turn around confusedly, allowing Landon time to rear back with his right hand and hit a hard punch to the jaw. Hybrid’s head snaps back from the impact, as Maddix readies himself by taking a couple of steps backwards. He then runs at Hybrid again, leaping from his feet toward Hybrid and grabbing his head. In mid air and with a hold of the head of Hybrid, he tries to place his feet across the thighs of Hybrid, but it is read by the newcomer, who trips the legs.

Ejiro- There’s some technique for you Judgey boy.

Maddix’s head bounces off the mat like a rubber ball from the impact as he crashes down to the mat. Hybrid quickly hooks Maddix’s legs, and takes a step forward before falling back sharply, slingshotting Landon forwards. The youngster crashes face and chest first into the top two turnbuckles, but the ride doesn’t end there as Hybrid keeps a hold of the legs, and tripping Landon backwards onto his raised knees crushing his back.

Ejiro- Now that’s nice. Not just the move…but you know, the sound of the back cracking. Something like that fires up a wrestler.

Annie- That is sick in SOOO many ways.

The Ottawa crowd ‘OOOH’ as Landon rolls away, holding his back in pain. Hybrid is almost breaking into a smile as he pulls up Landon and hits a stiff forearm to the face. Flying backwards, Landon’s already suffering back collides with the turnbuckles again. Hybrid meanwhile backs up, and charges towards Landon…

SMACK!

‘La Cucaracha’ manages to get a foot up into the face! Hybrid staggers backwards holding his jaw, as Landon hops to the middle rope. Shaking the pain from his head, Hybrid dazedly walks forward, the shaking of his head sending his vision away from Landon long enough for him to hook the head.

Annie- He’s going for the…’Crash Landing’ guys!

Judge- …Hey! Gimme my notes back!

Maddix holds his hand out to the side, eliciting a few cheers from the crowd. This wastes valuable time for Landon, and allows Hybrid to use his head…literally…headbutting Landon in the side of the head. Hybrid pulls Landon off the ropes, and onto his shoulders, in the ‘F-5’ position. Walking away from the corner, Hybrid looks to be planning his next move out ahead. Suddenly a stiff elbow meets Hybrid just above the eye. The force, and the shock of the unexpected elbow causes him to drop Landon and tend to his face. As he checks for blood, Hybrid obviously isn’t expecting the rolling Koppu kick which meets him in the back of the head.

Judge- Hybrid’s eyes nearly rolled back into his head from the impact of that one! It could be over…

Maddix turns Hybrid’s limp body over and hooks the leg up as tightly as he can…

…ONE…

…TWO…

…THRE…

KICKOUT! A kickout at two.

Judge- Now that was a close call.

Ejiro- Eh…I thought you knew wrestling man. I mean…you called that a Koppu kick. I’ve seen Koppu kick, and trust me that wasn’t one.

Judge- Well…it nearly got the job done I guess.

Landon grabs a hold of Hybrid’s hair, dragging him up before driving a knee to the gut, doubling Hybrid over. Landon quickly backs off the ropes, and coming back off he twists Hybrid’s head into a swinging neckbreaker. Not going for the cover, Maddix gets straight back up and raises his hands, looking for support from the crowd.

Ejiro- What is wrong with this kid…he’s got his opponent down, and he’s trying to get these Canuks to make some noise.

After hearing a sufficient amount of crowd reaction, Landon goes out to the apron. Hybrid begins to stir, as Landon grabs a hold of the top rope, launches himself in and using the middle rope hits a Quebrada!!! Maddix gives a quick signal to the cheering crowd, before dropping into a cover…

…ONE…

…TWO…

…THR…

SHOULDER UP!

Another kickout by Hybrid, and seemingly Landon’s mind is racing for a way to finish him off. He looks around, his eyes darting across the ring, to the corner, and slowly he smiles. His gaze meets Hybrid just in time to see him getting up, and he quickly leaves his feet again with a dropkick to the face. Hybrid goes rolling across the ring a good few feet, as Maddix looks out at the crowd…

AAAHHH!!!

Running his thumb across his throat, Maddix gives the cutthroat taunt with a smile on his face, as the Canadian crowd instantly know what he is signalling for.

Annie- Hmmm…I wonder what he’s going to do…wink wink…

Ejiro- Talk about sucking up to this Canadian crowd.

Landon goes to the apron, and begins to scale the turnbuckles as most of the crowd begins to get to it’s collective feet. Eventually Landon makes it to the top rope, and measures Hybrid before holding out his arms. Majestically, he suddenly springs forward aiming his head at Hybrid…but Hybrid moves!!! Landon’s face BOUNCES off the mat, his neck snapping back from the impact!!!

Judge- One too many high risks, and that one may have been the last one he gets to make in this match!

Hybrid stomps down on Maddix as he tries to get back up, before grabbing a hold of his blond hair and yanks him up. Scooting behind, Hybrid locks on a waistlock and hits the german suplex. Landon looks dazed from yet another collision with the canvas, and is cradled up for a pin…

…ONE…

…TWO…

…THR…

…E…

TWO COUNT!

A little annoyed, Hybrid picks Landon back up and quickly hoists him onto his shoulders backwards, ready for the Perfection Through Silence. Walking around with Landon in position, he throws him off the shoulders for the ‘downward spiral’, only for Maddix to counter with an armdrag! Getting up angrily, Hybrid charges at Landon with a wild clothesline which Maddix ducks. A smile appears on ‘La Cucaracha’s face, and as Hybrid turns around Landon stomps on his foot! The crowd give a mix of cheering and laughing, as Landon follows it up by wiiinding up with the fist…

…wiiinds up again…

And pokes Hybrid in the eye!!!

Judge- This kid is just having fun now! He’s finally enjoying his debut…

Hybrid slams a hand over his eye in a futile attempt to stop the pain, and having only one eye causes him to not see a superkick flung towards him…

SMACK!!!

Landon scoots over on all fours, and hooks the leg…

…ONE…

…TWO…

…THR…

…E…

KICKOUT!!!

The crowd let out a collective sigh of disappointment as Maddix holds his head momentarily. Soon he stops though, and waves his hand encouraging Hybrid to get back up. Slowly he begins to, and Landon swings with the shining wizard…

Hybrid ducks though, jumps up and goes for the shining wizard of his own…

Landon ducks, and catches Hybrid in an Oklahoma roll…

…ONE…

Ejiro- Not like this…

…TWO…

Judge- Hybrid can’t escape…

....THREE!!!…

Upon hearing the three and the bell, Landon quickly rolls out of the ring, his music starts up and with a huge smile on his face, the young rookie raises his arms saluting the crowd. Hybrid looks shocked, as Landon escapes from ringside with the surprise win.

Ejiro- Ha, the kid knows he got lucky.

Judge- Well ‘the kid’ proved something here to me. He learnt from mistakes earlier in the match, and won with a classic wrestling move. An impressive debut performance for Landon Maddix here on Wrath! We'll be right back...

Guest Thoth

William: Well if you like myself and like two guys wrestling for themselves and not the fans you’re gonna love this clash.

Annie: That’s right William this bout not only feature two rule breakers a rarity in itself but a shot a whomever the television champion will be a title time.

Ejiro: Jimmy ‘The Demon’ Liston has to be the favourite in this one. Former TV champion and has a good record in the SJL unlike Morrison who’s 0-1. However I like this rookie’s style and if he keeps to his game plan then I can see an upset.

[The drum & bass intro to “We Took Pelham” kicks in over the PA, as a blue strobe lights flickers around the entrance way. This ends once the trumpet kicks in as slowly fireworks shoot in a line down the entrance walkway forming an arc. As the cacophony of instrument finally play in the track Jay walks out in a gold robe with diamond encrypted into it.]

Ring Announcer: Introducing first. From London, England…Jay Morrison!

[The Smark Tron flashes his name in gold as Jay looks up at the crowd and raises his arm as he proceeds down the aisle. Once on the ring apron when the violins are rapidly playing Jay scale the top rope and holds his arms out to jeers of the crowd.]

Annie: Typical male compensation factor

William: Oh Jesus, not the male hate crimes again!

Annie: This kid is having a flash entrance to compensate for a lack of something down below.

Ejiro: How about saying something relevant woman.

The lights go dark, as spotlights fly over the fans, and a single phrase is uttered over the PA system:

"Why don't you ask me what it feels like to be a freak?"

Rob Zombie's "Demon Speeding" blasts from the speakers as pyros shoot up the ramp, from ringside to entrance, ending with an explosion and flash of flames, revealing Jimmy Liston at the top of the ramp. Liston throws up a fist towards the crowd as his manager Tyler Sullivan runs out from the entrance and joins him.

Ring Announcer: His opponent from Boston, MA … Jimmy ‘The Demon’ Liston!

Liston slides into the ring, climbs the near turnbuckle, and thrusts his fist into the air in time with the music. Sullivan crosses to the opposite turnbuckle and taunts the crowd on that side of the arena. Sullivan slides out of the ring as the house lights are brought up, and the music fades out.

Ejiro: The Demon looks to be in great physical conditioning

Annie: I agree he looks like he wants to win the title again and realises a defeat here will put him back to the bottom of the ladder.

William: Wow the most relevant comment to come out of your mouth so far.

[The match begins with Jay for the second week in a row offering a handshake to Liston. Liston wizened to last week go in for the handshake but pulls away before Jay and sticks his middle finger up Jay and then the crowd, which infuriates the crowd to chant ‘asshole’ at Liston. Jay smiles and mouths something at Liston.]

Ejiro: Rookie mistake from Jay, Liston’s knows all the tricks in the book.

[Jay finishes his comments and rolls outside to the mats outside, he walks up to a small boy in the first row and rips up his autograph, he then turns to the boys mother and grabs his crotch. As security stop a crowd riot, Jay simply rolls back into the ring and winks at Liston.]

Annie: What the hell was that!

William: I get it. Both men are heels in this match, I think neither want to play to the crowd so they’re trying to out ‘heat’ each other.

Ejiro: Wow careful there; any more smark terms and Scott Keith will be emailing you for gimmick infringement!

[Jay and Liston go nose to nose, where Jay looks slightly down at the shorter Liston. Suddenly Jay swings for wild right but Liston blocks it with his left, and hooks Jay onto his shoulders, he then drops to one knee and tosses Jay over with a smooth fireman’s carry. Jay is barely on the mat as he leaps up from the ground and is instantly to his feet. Jay calls the referee over and complain about a potential hair pull, the referee goes over to the sneering Liston to complain about the hair pull, when Jay comes steaming looking to take Liston’s head of with a lariat, Liston tries to use Jays momentum against him but countering with a hip toss, but Jay hangs on and continues with the momentum, hip-tossing Liston over. Liston is quickly back to his feet, as Jay winks at Liston and hits him with a smile.]

Annie: What the hell are those two doing?

Ejiro: A game of cat and mouse

William: This is one of the first times I’ve seen a crowd confused over to cheer for!

Ejiro: Nice Greco-Roman skills from Liston early on, but credit to Jay that was a smooth counter hold for someone of his experience, and can I hear a small Liston chant from the crowd?

[Liston seems to get slightly enraged that he is getting a minority of cheers, and runs at swinging a wild clothesline. Jay counters with a smooth arm drag over, into an armbar submission. Liston squirms around for a minute, but catches Jay with a thumb to the eye. As Jay stumbles aimlessly Liston point to his head and goes after Jay. Liston catches a blindsided Jay with a powerslam, without giving him a chance to recover Liston pulls Jay up and places his head under Jay’s chin. Liston leaps downward for a jawbreaker but Jay breaks it with knee into the chest of Liston. Liston doubles over gasping for breath, giving Jay the opportunity to lock him up for a suplex, Jay elevates Liston into the air for a few seconds prior to dropping him chest first on the ropes and floating over the slingshot suplex into holding Liston captive with a chin lock.]

Annie: I'll give Jay credit he has the better of Liston in the early goings, despite the thumb to the eye.

William: Ah heel psychology! That takes me back.

[Liston can't get out of the hold, with Jay on his back, so, he starts to try and power out. Moments pass, as Liston finally gets to his feet, piggy-backing Jay, Liston hooks his left arm behind Jay’s head, before snap maring Jay off his shoulders, and grabbing Jay in a rear-chin lock of his own. This doesn't really seem to affect Jay as Jay moves the chin-lock into a headlock, Liston however is quick to recover as he hoists Jay up in position for a back body drop, but instead of falling backward he drops Jay onto his knee for an atomic drop, as Jay holds his arse in pain, Liston swings off the ropes, as he comes back he hooks Jay by the head and drives his head to the mat with a falling neckbreaker. Liston puts one foot on Jay for the pin.]

ONE! [Liston holds one finger in the air]

TWO! [Liston adds a second finger]

NO! [Liston changes his finger to a middle one to the ref]

Ejiro: Too early on to go for the pin Jimmy, and I don’t think enough work has been done on Jay’s head.

Annie: A bit of respect for the officials wouldn’t go amiss though

[The crowd that have been silent so far for the in ring action, suddenly erupt as Liston rolls backwards out between the top-and bottom ropes and grabs a chair from a the ring announcer, and throws it in the ring.]

Ejiro: Oh yes, the steel equalizer!

William: Now business is picking up.

Annie: What!?! This isn’t no-DQ; Liston is a moron if he hits him with the chair.

[Liston hops up on the apron and into the ring, but is met by Jay with a flying shoulder block that send Liston hard down to the mat. Liston easy quick to his feet but Jay meets with two forearms and a European uppercut that sends Liston into the corner. Jay follows him there and meets him with a hard chop in the corner.]

Crowd: Whooo!

[Jay chops Liston’s chest again]

Crowd: Whooo!

William: Are the crowd confused? Oh wait I get it!

[Jay grabs Liston by the air and slings him into the opposite turnbuckle. As soon as Liston strikes it Jay meet him with a flying body press in the corner. Liston staggers from the flurry of assault only to gather his thoughts when Jay comes steaming at him and kicks him down to the canvas with a yakuza kick. Instead of going for the pin, Jay grabs the steel chair from the floor. The crowd goes wild to see some abuse as the referee steps in between Jay and Liston, but in a surreal twist of events Jay elects to open the chair and place it next to Liston. Jay takes a seat on the chair next to Liston’s body and places a foot on Liston while flexing his bicep. Noticing it’s a pin the referee drops to the mat to administer to count.]

ONE!

TWO!

NO!

[Liston kicks out empathically from the arrogant cover]

Annie: Okay William, Ejiro, is that stuff you want to see?

Ejiro: Well it was unique I’ll give it that. Nice offence though from Jay building up to the yakuza kick.

William: Liston is a well conditioned athlete it’s going to take more than egotistical covers to pin his shoulders to the mat for three.

[Liston is quick to get back to his feet though a little unsteady, Jay hooks his waist from the front and attempts a belly to back suplex, however Liston connects with a pair of headbutts to the nose of Jay that breaks the hold. Liston sees an opportunity stemming from his variation of the Bloodlust and grabs Jay by the arm, Liston twist the arm away from his body a hooks his leg around the body of Jay, and smacking him hard in the face.]

Annie: What would you call that move?

William: An arm wrench into a hook kick

Ejiro: I’d call it getting closer to victory

Annie: Well Liston seems to agree with you as his crouching in the corner may leave me to believe he’s up to something.

Ejiro: Up to something? He’s up to the Hunt for God sake woman, if he hits this then the match will be over, as the damage done to Jay’s back would force him out of the match

Annie: Well we’ll soon see as Jay’s getting up

[Jay gets to one knee facing opposite to the crouching Liston. Jay slowly gets to two as a Liston begins his charge, Jay turns around and is folding in half with the crunching spear that sends him straight to the mat, Liston waists no time in hooking his arms around Jay waist and pulls him up to smash his back into the turnbuckle completing the move, Liston pulls Jay’s body up but it met with a knee to the nether regions.]

William: Ouch!

Ejiro: Oooooh!

Annie: Well that’s one way to get a second wind.

[With both men on the mat the referee administers a count]

1!

2!

3! [Liston starts rolling slowly towards Sullivan at ringside]

4! [Jay starts to move from the mat]

5!

6! [Liston is thrown the chair from earlier by Sullivan, as Jay clambers up the ropes]

7!

8! BREAK!

[both men are back to their feet but the referee takes the chair off Liston and chucks it in the opposite corner from Sullivan. Liston looks pissed, but aware of the rules, so he climbs onto the apron then runs up to the top turnbuckle. Instantly, Jay is to his feet, he runs over and dropkicks the top rope, sending Liston down onto his family jewels.]

Ejiro: Can’t this guys balls catch a break?

William: Relax; Liston has many women who will take care of this. Nonetheless what is Jay up to?

[Jay then scales the ropes to meet Liston. Jay hooks Liston around his head and pulls his feet up too the top rope. In an instant he superplexes him off the turnbuckle, while landing and rolling backwards into a floatover style pinfall. However the pin is counter by Liston who hold onto the leg for a small package style pinfall.]

ONE!

[Jay reverses the pinfall attempt back into his favour]

ONE!

[Liston hooks the legs of Jay and holds him down for a roll through pin]

ONE!

TWO!

[Jay reverses it into a sunset flip style cover]

ONE!

TWO!

Annie: Wow, that was a fast and furious sequence of pin.

[Liston rolls that over into a Boston Crab. Jay quickly slides his head back out to block the hold so Liston drops back, and slingshots Jay back into the turnbuckle Liston was superplexed from. As Jay stumbles backwards, where Liston hooks his arms around Jay’s waist from behind, Jay reverse it and lifts Liston for a German suplex, however Liston hooked it legs around Jay’s thighs to block it and reverse again, this time hoisting Jay in the air and tossing him backwards for a German suplex. Liston dives on top of him for a counter.]

ONE!

TWO!

NO!

[Jay gets to his feet where he blocks a superkick attempt from Liston by catching his foot, Jay pulls Liston towards him and hooks his under Liston’s arm, then quick as a flash his lift Liston in the air and drops him backwards for a released Northern Lights Suplex. Jay lands a quick elbow drop, before scaling to the top of the turnbuckle and making a crude gesture to Sullivan on the outside

Ejiro: What is he doing he has Liston down for the pin

Annie: Common sense isn’t he forte.

[Jay sees Liston getting off his feet so he leaps off for a flying bulldog, but Liston spots this and pulls the ref in the way causing Jay to crash into the referee and hits the mat hard in the process]

William: Brilliant move by Liston as he’s given himself time to recover

Ejiro: Jay’s paid for the risk and could wind up with another defeat.

[Liston gets to his feet as Jay somehow slowly rises, from the mat. Liston mocks Jay by pointing to his head and places Jay in a front chancery. Liston pulls Jay up from the waist in powerbomb position, but instead of dropping him on his back, Liston throws Jay up by the legs and catches him coming down by the head driving it into the mat with a facebuster.

Annie: Descent from Liston! It’s over!

[Liston coolly turns Jay body over and hooks the leg waiting for the pin.]

Crowd: ONE! TWO! THREE!

Annie: Liston wins!

William: The referee’s unconscious, the match is still

on. That was the crowd counting you bint.

Ejiro: Well I hate to say it to Liston but it’s your own fault!

[Liston gets to his feet holding his left arms in the air, he turns to find Sullivan for a congratulatory but spots him trying to revive, the referee. It becomes evident to Liston that he hasn’t won, so embarrassed he drops his arm, but in his time wasting he hasn’t realised Jay is recovering behind him, Liston spots Sullivan pointing behind him but its too late as Jay hooks Liston’s arms behind him in position for a double chicken wing, but instead tossing him over his head as a suplex.

Ejiro: Beautiful Tiger suplex from Jay!

[Liston goes flying back into the corner from the impact as Jay runs at his fallen body as scraps his boot across the back of the head of Liston. Jay pulls Liston up and lifts him into a fireman’s carry, Jay hooks the right arm of Liston and throws his legs behind the body of Jay driving Liston arm onto Jay’s shoulder like a Stunner, Jay is quick to grab the right arm of Liston and hooks it behind Liston’s back, Jay falls back holding on Liston’s head with a cross face.]

William: Sideliner! Shakes of Bob Backlund with the chicken wing from Morrison

Annie: Is the referee alert in case of a tap out.

[Liston's writhing around in pain, trying to escape the vast agony of the hold. Jay then scissors the body to prevent any chance of escape, Liston’s face turns a nasty shade of purple as…]

TAP!

TAP!

TAP!

Ejiro: Is it over?

Annie: No, the referee is still out.

William. Wow this turning into a two out of three falls.

[Jay realises what's happened, and let's go, not before giving a stiff kick to the arm of Liston. He then walks over to check on the fallen referee.]

Ejiro: Here’s an idea, how about a replacement referee.

[The ref starts to stir, only slightly, as Liston also starts to recover. Jay starts shaking the referee similar to Sullivan was earlier as the referee manages to get to his feet. Sullivan meanwhile behind Jay’s back hold a bottle of scotch under a woozy Liston’s nose, to get him on his feet. Handicapped by his injured right arm, Liston walks over to un-attentive Jay. Jay feels a presence behind him and turns around only to have Liston places his hands around his neck for a choke. Liston then hooks his leg under Jay and takes him down to the mat with a stiff impact]

William: Torment, that's gotta be it!

Annie: The referee is still groggy though

[Jay lands flat on his back as Liston drops down for the pin. He grabs the referee’s hand and makes a count as the ref is dream world]

Annie: Can he legally do this?

William: it’s the hand of the assigned official so yeah.

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

NO!

[At the last second Jay rolls his left shoulder of the mat]

Ejiro: The match is still on

Annie: This is incredible

William: This has been a great example of counter wrestling and one-up- manship I’ve seen, neither man can out-do the other!

[Liston goes ballisitc, as he sits in a kneeling position, grabbing his hair and yelling. Liston then faces the turnbuckle, and looks back behind him at Jay who's still on his back. Liston then ascends up to the top turnbuckle for another high impact move, as he reaches the top Liston makes the cross sign and dives at Jay for a headbutt, but in a split second Jay rolls out of the way, causing Liston to crash hard, head first to the mat.]

Ejiro: His head spiked the mat!

Annie: He missed the Demon headbutt, and Jay’s showing signs of life, as is the referee!

[Jay can barely sit up, so he turns his body in the direction of Liston and falls landing on him for the pin. The referee drags in body closer to Liston to administer the count]

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

NO!

Ejiro: Is it over

Annie: Nope the referee says it's only a two count!

William: Wow that was too close.

[Jay is in disbelief as he pleads his case to the referee; pretty much demanding it is made into a three count. Liston rolls away while Jay turns again to the ref, to question the count by slapping his hand three times. This allows Liston to make a recover for an attack as he pulls himself up against the ropes with the help of Sullivan. Jay turns around and spots a shaky Liston back against the ropes. Jay runs and attempts a clothesline, but Liston reverses it by ducking, sending Jay flying over the ropes to the concrete floor.]

William: Liston has bought vital breathing time with they dive.

[Liston staggers around the ring like a drunk, trying to regain his senses as Jay gets to his feet on the outside with help from the ring mat and finds the strength to pull himself into the ring.]

Ejiro: Both men are running on battery acid, the end for one is nigh.

[Liston pulls the carcass of Jay off the mat and points his thumb down as the crowd roars sensing the end. He hooks Jay by the head with his weakened right arm, using the strength in his lift up he hoist Jay up for a drop suplex]

Ejiro: He’s attempting the Damnation!

[Liston twist his body ready for the falling driver, as Jay starts to kick his legs in the air to escape, before Liston can drop down, Jay escapes through the back door by shifting his body weight to land on his feet behind Liston. Liston turns to face Jay but is meted with a boot in the stomach, as Jay hooks Liston for a fisherman suplex.]

William: This seems to be the set up for the Phoenix Thunder Driver, a move he invented.

[Jay lifts Liston in the air in position for a fisherman’s buster but instead of dropping backwards in one motion he jumps in the air and sits down, as he places Liston’s head between his legs before impact crushes his neck on impact.]

Ejiro: Holy crap! I think he broke Liston’s neck.

Annie: That was amazing.

[The crowd pop huge for the move expecting the finish. Jay rolls his body on top of Liston as the referee hits the mat for the pin.]

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

[DING DING! DING!]

Ring Announcer: Here is your winner, and number one contender for the SJL Television Title…Jay Morrison

[The opening chords of ‘We Took Pelham’ plays over the PA again as Jay get to his feet to a mixed reaction from the crowd]

William: Great display of wrestling here from both men, but Jay’s stamina was the x-factor in this one.

Ejiro: I have to disagree, as the x-factor was Liston moving the referee in the way of the bulldog. If he had simply moved he would of won the match earlier.

Annie: What’s more we still have great match to come with some fine valets!

William & Ejiro: Women!

[Jay rolls out of the and heads to the back, a teenage fan stick his hand out for a sow of support, Jay holds his out in return but pulls it away at the last minute and checks his wrist tape.]

Guest Thoth

A shot of a crowd fight being broken up brings us back from commercial, and into the Corel Centre in Ottawa for more of SJL Wrath! As the crowd boos the end of the spontaneous and mindless violence, the camera pans around to the (newly EXPNADED~!) announce booth, where William Hearford, Ejiro Fasaki and Annie Eclectic sit going over their notes. When the crowd noise dies down, we hear our hosts welcome us back to the show.

Judge: Welcome back to Ottawa, and welcome back to WRATH!

Ejiro: That’s right, we’re smack in the middle of our jaunt through Canada, and the Ontario crowd has only begun to experience a STACKED edition of Wrath.

Annie: Just moments ago, we crowned a new #1 contender to the SJL TV Title, and now we’ll see who will be the man to beat, as Todd Royal defends his newly won championship against that reckless firestarter, Craig McLennan!

Funyon: Ladies and Gentlemen, the following match is scheduled for one fall, with a 30 minute time limit, and is for the SJL WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP!

The crowd heckling the security guards and getting refreshments quickly scurries back to their seats in anticipation of the night’s first title match. A hush falls over the audience as Funyon’s voice booms even louder over the Public Address system in the Corel.

Funyon: Announcing first…From Duncan, British Columbia…weighing in at 191 pounds…This is CRAIG MCLENNAN!!!

Rammstein’s “Feuer Frei” blasts through the arena as Craig McLennan emerges from the curtain and onto the stage. Most of the crowd boos McLennan, but as he flicks his Zippo into the air, a sizeable chunk of the fans cheer their fellow Canadian, as Canadian fans are prone to do. McLennan rushes the ring, and depositing the lighter under the corner buckle, springs to the apron. The crowd readies their flashes as Craig bounds to the top rope and back flips into the ring.

Judge: McLenna, getting quite a mixed reaction from his country men, I’m sure he’s hoping they can will him to a run with the SJL TV Belt.

Annie: Craig’s coming off a CLOSE miss at a European Title run in that Triple Threat match with Bloodshed and Solomon, and I’m sure the fire still burns in Craig for a run with SJL gold.

Funyon: And his opponent…He hails from San Diego, California…and weighs in at 220 pounds…he is the NEEEEEWWWW SMARKS JUNIOR LEAGUES WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPION…Ladies and Gentlemen…TODD ROYAL!!!

The lights in the arena go dark, save for the lighters of the scattered McLennan fans, and a white spotlight rains in from the rafters. As a heavenly chorus coos his arrival, and Motley Crue’s “Livewire” blares through the arena, the parting curtain reveals the new Television Champion to the crowd. Conspicuously without Megan Skye, but with the SJL TV strap over his shoulder and “TODD LOVES ME” on his vest, he strolls to the ring. The boos of the crowd are escort enough for the champion as Todd parts the ropes and enters the ring.

Annie: HEY! Where is Megan? I’m no Todd Royal fan, and the only redeeming part about this match was going to be that lovely little dish at ringside, and now, no Skye?

Ejiro: Well, the one and only Toddess is at home nursing herself back to health after taking a brutal Dragon Driver at the hands of English Dragon on Metal. Reportedly, her face was bruised, and anything less than a perfect view of Megan Skye would be an insult to all of us.

Judge: Reportedly? By who?

Ejiro: By this here memo from our Todd and Savior himself. Read your notes packet partner!

Royal surrenders the belt to referee Matthew Kivell and removes his vest to reveal medical tape encasing his midsection. Royal cringes at the injury, but spins around to reveal magic marker scrawling that proclaims “SCREW BRITANIA” on the front and “FASHION STATEMENT” above the rear end. The crowd jeers as Royal smirks and points at the title belt that Kivell is handing to the outside. As the official checks both men for foreign objects, the match gets under way.

*DING* *DING* *DING*

The competitors circle each other as the fans settle down into their seats. Royal lunges forward to lock-up with his opponent, but McLennan ducks under the champion’s arms and hit’s a shoulder block to the ribs, rolling through and spinning back around into a crouching position. The crowd cheers the move as Royal yelps in pain and bails from the ring. As Todd tries to collect his breath, Craig charges at the ropes, sending Royal rolling to dodge a plancha. McLennan stops short however, flipping over the ropes and landing in a standing position on the apron. The crowd mocks Royal as Todd spits on the mat and growls in frustration.

Annie: Craig McLennan is going for the psychological advantage early on in this match, and he’s already got the champion reeling and running.

Ejiro: Well, Todd is at significantly less than 100% after his valiant and heroic quest to obtain that Television Championship from English Dragon, and McLennan is exploiting the injury to gain an unfair and unlawful advantage.

Annie: PLEASE. Royal is showing his true yellow streak and he won’t hold onto that title long if he keeps backing down from a fight.

Judge: Either way, no one is going to win this match standing on the outside, lets get this match going!

Royal slides in the side of the ring as McLennan spins around to face his opponent. Todd boots the challenger in the gut and locks on a headlock, trapping Criag’s head between the top and middle ropes. As McLennan tries to pull free of the hold, Royal begins walking forward, pulling Craig further and further through the ropes. As McLennan’s body moves further into the ring, he hooks his feet on the middle ropes, preventing the champion from pulling him completely in the ring.

Royal lunges forward to try and drag his opponent to the center of the ring, but the Canadian holds on and refuses to budge. Pausing to think for a moment, Todd shrugs and releases the headlock, sending McLennan crashing head first into the canvas. As the masked man bounces off the mat, Royal hit’s the mat, clasping a front face lock on his opponent and sneering at the crowd to a chorus of boos. Floating over and around the body of McLennan, Royal hooks on a hammerlock and drives the knee into the small of the back.

Judge: Nice recovery from the Champion, regaining his composure and grounding the high flying McLennan with an array of technical maneuvers.

Ejiro: And punk-ass dickishness! Must not forget the brashness of dropping McLennan on his face!

Judge: Of course not! Good call, Rule!

Annie: Yeesh. This is gonna be a bumpy ride. Anyway, Royal can definitely maintain the advantage if he can dictate the pace and keep McLennan from flying around the ring.

McLennan spins his feet out into a sitting position to regain a bit of leverage, and slowly makes his way up to his feet. Royal refuses to release the Hammerlock however, and instead lifts Craig up into the air and slams him down with a hammerlock slam. As McLennan arches his back and rolls over in pain, Todd fires off a stiff kick to the small of the back. Craig tries to regain his footing, but Royal jams him with a kick to the knee, sprawling McLennan on the mat.

Todd drops a knee to the neck of his opponent and spins over into an ankle lock. As the champion tries to pull McLennan up into a single leg crab however, Craig fights out and kicks Todd forward, sending Royal crashing against the ropes. As Todd doubles over the middle rope, clutching at his rib cage, McLennan runs the opposite cables and charges at his opponent. McLennan leaps up onto the back of Royal and hurdles the top rope, leg dropping Todd and sending him reeling backwards into the ring.

Judge: McLennan fighting back however, and showing off that high-flying offense that Royal is going to have to avoid if he wants to come out of this match with that title intact.

Annie: Todd’s going to have to wear Craig down a lot more than that if he wants to keep him from flying around. McLennan is a small guy, but he has all the energy in the world.

As Royal lays on the mat and gasps for air, McLennan climbs back onto the ring apron. Todd tries to make it to his feet, but Craig springboards to the top rope and soars across the ring, dropping an elbow across the chest of his fallen opponent. Craig rolls through and picks Todd up, hooking him in a front face lock. McLennan leaps up, planting his feet in the midsection of Royal, and falls backwards, hitting a monkey flip, but holding onto the head, turning the move into a suplex variation. The pro-Craig portion of the crowd applauds the innovative move as McLennan heads to the top rope.

As the challenger gets his footing on the top turnbuckle, Royal makes it to his knees. McLennan spins around, looking for a moonsault, but Royal springs to his feet, hitting a dropkick to the turnbuckles that sends Craig barreling crotch first down into the buckle. Todd stands up and grabs Craig by the mask flames, slamming him down into the tree of woe. The champion climbs the tunbuckles and plants his foot in the challenger’s crotch, stopping to apply the pressure as he wipes his brow, drawing jeers from the Ottawa faithful.

Annie: Royal’s going to have to control the desire to ham it up in the ring if he wants to hold on to this championship. He’s a representative of our company now, and needs to act like it. Plus, it’s a lot hotter when Megan is doing the sweat wiping. She could wipe my sweat any day.

Judge: You and me both…

Ejiro: Well, it was Todd’s self assurance that got him this title, and it’s only smart to stay with what brought him to the dance. I say ham away! It’s the way of Todd!!

Royal jumps down from the turnbuckles and pulls Craig down from the ropes as well. As McLennan hit’s the mat, Royal grabs his left leg, draping it over the middle rope and spitting on the fiery red boot of his opponent. Running the opposite ropes, Todd leaps in the air and drives his body into the knee, crushing it into the mat. The champion picks the challenger up by the mask, as McLennan pulls at the rib tape to try and get an advantage.

Todd hooks his head under the arm of McLennan and grasps his lower leg. Pulling upwards, Royal drops down to his knee with a knee breaker, sending Craig screaming in pain, and sprawling onto the mat. With McLennan clutching at his knee, Todd fires of a series of kicks, to the inside of the leg, causing boos from the crowd and grunts of pain from McLennan. Todd smiles as he turns his opponent over to his face and plants a leg in the back of his knee. Taunting the crowd, he grapevines the lower left leg and falls backwards, wrenching the knee and locking on a reverse face lock.

Annie: Royal continuing to work over the knee of Craig McLennan, hoping to take out the wheel of the challenger and prevent him from soaring around the ring. All the times that Craig has been in control of this match it’s been because he was able to blindside Todd with his fast paced, high-risk offense. If McLennan doesn’t have a leg to stand on, he can’t fly around as easy.

Ejiro: Not only that, but Royal has had problems over the past few weeks holding the bridge on the Todd Damn, what with his injured ribs and all, and it looks like he’s decided to use the Wrath of Todd as his prime offensive weapon.

Judge: Wow. Insightful commentary. This gig may work out better than I thought.

Matthew Kivell looks for a submission from McLennan, but Craig steadfastly refuses. Hearing this, Todd releases the hold and places his foot inside the knee of his opponent again. Royal grabs the left ankle of McLennan and pulls upward, releasing his grasp and driving the knee into the mat with force. As McLennan howls in pain, Royal smirks and drops an elbow to the inside of the knee. Wrenching the leg back, Todd grunts in his own pain, finally releasing the hold to take a breather.

Judge: This could be a bad sign for Todd Royal. He had the momentum going his way, but had to release the hold after the pain in his chest became too much.

Ejiro: Nah, he’s a kind and caring Todd and he’s just letting McLennan remember what life without pain is like before he returns to dismantling him. Its like a service to the community.

Judge: I sympathize with the man. It’s very hard to balance being a responsible member of the community with being a top notch assassin. It took us years to master.

Annie: I can see. I think my head hurts as much as Craig’s knee or Todd’s ribs right now just from hearing you too self masturbatory blowhards.

Ejiro: Blowhards. Not something I imagine you are an expert on. Carpet cleaning maybe…

Judge: Alright, children…calm down, there’s a match going on.

Royal regains his breath and stalks McLennan once more. Lifting Craig to his feet, Royal spins him back down immediately with a Dragon Screw. As McLennan clutches at his knee, Royal too reaches for the joint, grabbing it under his arm and falling backwards with a slingshot, sending the challenger crashing face-first into the buckles.

With McLennan slumping against the corner, Royal spins him around and chops him hard in the chest. Craig reels backwards, but comes back with a stiff chop of his own. Royal gasps and steps backwards, clutching his chest like he’s been shot, and giving McLennan a chance to charge him. Todd sidesteps the masked challenger and grabs his arm, Irish whipping him across the ring. McLennan reverses the whip however, and an unsuspecting Royal meets the turnbuckles chest first.

Todd collapses backwards on the mat, and rolls over on his neck. Before he can land face-down on the mat however, McLennan grabs his legs and falls backwards as well, taking Todd down with a wheelbarrow suplex. Craig tries to make it to his feet to continue the assault, but his leg gives out and he too collapses to the mat. As Kivell starts the 10 count, the fans get to their feet and clap along.

1...2.…3...

Judge: McLennan is far from out of it right now, as he just proved, but will his leg last enough to allow him to get the victory and walk out with the world television title?

Ejiro: Or walk at all?

Annie: Royal took a hard shot to the ribs himself, hitting the turnbuckles unprotected. The rib tape may be a fashion statement, but it offers very little protection against an oncoming turnbuckle.

At the count of eight, Craig McLennan gets to his feet. Only momentarily however, as Craig somersaults forward, hitting a senton splash to the ribs of Todd Royal. Craig rolls off and pulls Royal to his feet, sending him hard to the ropes. As the champion hit’s the ropes, McLennan pops up, hitting a dropkick that sends Royal crashing over the ropes to the outside. As Royal crumples on the concrete, McLennan springs to the top rope from the inside.

When he tries to spring off the cable however, his left knee gives out and he collapses to the canvas inside the ring. The crowd “OOOOHHH”s as Matt Kivell checks on the fallen Canadian, and Royal slowly gets to his feet on the outside. As McLennan lays motionless on his back, Todd slides into the ring grimacing as the canvas chafes the tape against his chest, and barely makes the cover.

ONE!…

TWO!!…

THR….

KICKOUT!

McLennan lifts his shoulder before the 3 count as Royal slumps to the mat in frustration. Royal unwraps a layer of rib tape and takes a deep breath as McLennan rolls to the apron, holding his head in pain. Todd catches up with him, and hooks him in a front face lock, signaling to the crowd for the Trinity, and receiving nothing but boos in return. As Todd lifts him up for the snap suplex however, McLennan pulls his weight to the floor, draping Royal rib-first against the top rope. Royal slams backwards into the ring as McLennan crumples on the outside.

Annie: Craig McLennan is constantly fighting out of bad situations and keeping himself in the match, but every time he gets the momentum to swing in his favor, he’s hampered by that leg injury.

Ejiro: He’s gonna need FOUR good legs to beat Todd Royal though!

Annie: …

Judge: …

Pulling himself onto the ring apron again, McLennan is heavily favoring the injured left leg. Royal gasps in the middle of the ring, desperately trying to regain the air that was knocked out of him by the impact with the mat. Craig makes it to the top rope, and leaps, sailing at Royal with a big Splash. Royal doubles up on impact and clutches at his chest as McLennan flops down with a cover.

ONE!…

TWO!!…

THR…

E…

KICKOUT!!

Ejiro: AMAZING drive by Todd to kickout of that splash even with the pain that must be coursing through his ribs!!

Annie: McLennan is in the driver’s seat now, and has the champion on his heels. If he can hit a big move now, it might be a VERY short title reign by Todd Royal.

McLennan gets to his feet, hobbling in pain as the knee has been jammed by the splash off the ropes, as Royal tries to crawl to the ropes and escape. Craig boots him in the head to stop his progress, and pauses for a moment before looking to the rafters, spinning his hands around in a circle and leaping with a Standing Shooting Star Press to the ribs of Todd.

Annie: AMAZING move by Craig McLennan! That could be all it takes to put Todd Royal away and put a title around the blazin’ waist of McLennan!

Judge: The crowd on its feet, as Craig has turned most of them to the side of their countryman!

Though McLennan pauses for a moment to clutch his knee again, he quickly makes another cover, hooking the leg of Todd and driving his shoulder into the ribs of his opponent for extra leverage. Kivell drops to make the count as the fans rise to their feet.

ONE!…

TWO!!…

THR…

E….

E..e.e.e…eee…..

NO!

Ejiro: Right at the count of three Royal hooks the bottom rope with his leg! Todd LIVES! HAIL TODD!

Judge: This match isn’t over yet, but you can see the fire in the eyes of Craig McLennan, and there’s gold in his sights.

Ejiro: But there was gold in his sights last week too, and now that gold’s around the waist of Craig’s nemesis Bloodshed!!

McLennan, his energy overriding his pain, picks Royal up and drags him to the corner. Climbing the turnbuckles, Craig leaps up and hooks his legs around the neck and, setting up for an inverted Huricanrana, swings toward mid-ring.

Annie: EXPLOSION~!

But on the way down, Royal drops to his knees, crushing Craig with a Tombstone piledriver. Todd kneels on the flames of McLennan’s mask to prevent him from kicking out as hit leans back and hooks the ropes with his right arm. Kivell drops down to count as the shocked fans boo.

ONE!…

TWO!!…

THR…

E…..

E…e…..eeeeee……

THREE!!!!!

*DING* *DING* *DING*

Funyon: Here is your winner and STIILLLLL SJL WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPION….TODD ROYAL!!!!

Judge: Todd Royal pulls out a victory at the last second to retain the TV title!!!

Annie: Royal cheated though! He held onto the ropes and used McLennan’s mask to win!!

Ejiro: And I wouldn’t have it any other way!!!

The crowd boos as Royal, disregarding the belt, rolls out of the ring. McLennan is immediately to his feet and chasing, grabbing the rib tape and tearing it off of the champion. As Todd scrambles down the aisle, Craig retrieves his Zippo, lighting the tape ablaze as we fade to commercial among a see of flames…

Guest Thoth

Annie: Good evening and welcome back to SJL Wrath! We’re coming to you live from Coral Centre, Ottawa and what a night we’ve had so far!

Ejiro: You’re really getting the hang of this, aren’t you? This is our first night on the job, woman!

Judge: Sorry, Eji, but she’s right. We have had quite a night with Todd Royal recently…

Ejiro: What?

Judge: I said Todd managed to…

Annie: What?

Judge: The Television Championship…

Ejiro: Eh?

Judge: TODD DAMN IT, BOTH OF YOU! Now see what you’ve done, I’ve lost my train of thought.

Annie: It doesn’t matter. Up next, we’ve got a TAG MATCH between the recently formed team of Irishmen Danny Conklin and Tim Dillon.

Ejiro: Admit it, Annie, you’re just looking forward to seeing Conklin’s girl, Janet Quinn.

Annie: I plan to do more than “see” her tonight, Eji… if you know what I mean.

Funyon stands in the ring, ready to begin his announcement for the next match when suddenly the crowd cheers as cheap green shamrock confetti start falling from the ceiling. Over the speakers, the strains of a faraway bagpipe fade off into the distance before the upbeat music from the soundtrack of the smash production Riverdance start blaring.

Funyon: This tag team match is scheduled for one fall! Introducing first, at a combined weight of 410lbs, hailing from faraway Ireland, they are Tim Dillon and Danny Conklin, TWOOOOO DRIIIIIINNNK MIIIIINIIIIMUMMMMMMMM!

The crowd cheers loudly when the two Irish SJL superstars enter the arena as orange and green pyros explode around them. Dillon appears to be the more focused of the two as he throws a few shadow punches before slapping the outstretched hands as he makes his way down the ramp. Danny Conklin, in contrast, seems literally ecstatic to be in Ottawa as he raises his arms into the air, with his girlfriend and valet, Janet Quinn hugging him.

The two Ireland natives climb into the ring and Janet raises both their hands, much to the adoration of the audience, who cannot stop taking photographs of this newly formed team.

Annie: Oh! Look at that… keep your hands up, Ms. Quinn! Yep, waaaaay up. Keep it there, honey. Mmmmm, that body is going to be all mine…

Judge: Riiiiight. Whatever.

"ON THE LEFT!"

Zack de la Rocha’s "March of Death" echoes through the arena as the crowd registers its hatred for the newly formed Urban Decay stable led by “The Sinner” John Duran. The boos get louder as, from behind the curtain, steps the very much hated English Dragon who, in contrast to the attitude shown by the other members of Urban Decay, simply waves politely to the fans. Behind the lean Brit walks the massive form of Dominic Korgath, who raises his staff in a salute of sorts, only to be rejected even more by the Canadian crowd.

Funyon: And the challengers, making their way to the ring weighing at a combined 573lbs, representing John Duran’s URBAN DECAY, they are DOMINIC KOOORGAAAATH and ENGLISH DRAAAGOOOON!

Judge: Just to recap, Urban Decay was officially formed on Crimson when Commissioner Chris Raynor…

Ejiro: …that sneaky conniving genius…

Judge: Officially endorsed the group led by “The Sinner” John Duran and invited them to “destroy the SJL”!

Ejiro: It’s about time.

Annie: Eji! Do you want all these n00bs to invade the SWF?

The two men climb into the ring, totally ignoring their opponents as they climb their respective turnbuckles. After the lights return to normal, English Dragon and Dominic Korgath seem to be discussing who should start the match when the lighter Irish man runs up and slaps the backs of both men, hard. The two members of Urban Decay turn around simultaneously and stare down the upstart Tim Dillon. The giant Korgath pushes English Dragon behind him and Dragon, understanding, climbs through the ropes as referee Ced Ordonez calls for the bell.

*DING DING DING*

The two men simply stand motionless before each other, both planning their next move even as they decide when to make the first. Tim Dillon doesn’t look intimidated at all as he stares up into the towering figure of Dominic Korgath. “The Irish Fury” starts off by hammering into the massive girth of the Big Demon. He lands punch after punch, his face contorted into one of sheer determination as the fists continue to flail against Korgath’s stomach. Finally, after some twenty hits on his bigger opponent, Dillon brings his head up to survey the damage.

Nothing.

Korgath’s demon mask covers his face, but you can almost imagine a huge grin plastered on the big man as he grabs Dillon by the throat and throws the Irishman’s arm over his shoulder, ready to chokeslam the Irish cruiserweight at a moment’s notice. Dillon is still fresh enough and begins to strike the side of Korgath’s head with his right elbow. Again and again the elbow smashes into his opponent’s head and after several hits, Korgath is forced to fling Dillon away as the pain in his cranium becomes unbearable.

Judge: A powerful show of force by the Big Demon, Dominic Korgath!

Ejiro: The Irish won’t last long against the Urban Decay, I tell you. With people like Korgath and Dragon to enforce their actions, the Decay looks to be a mainstay in the SJL!

Annie: May I remind you gentlemen that Urban Decay has YET to win a single match since their inception? Even *I* have a better track record with women!

Judge: Semantics, Annie. Semantics!

The Irishman, though stunned, quickly shakes off the after effects of the choke hold and runs to the ring ropes and bounces off them, sending two feet into the kneecap of Korgath! The Big Demon crashes to one knee as Dillon goes towards the ropes again and gaining momentum, almost beheads his opponent with a stiff clothesline to the thick neck of Dominic! The crowd roars its approval for the Irish offensive as the big man goes down, clutching his throat. Korgath tries to get back to his feet but the wily Dillon bounces off the ropes for another shot to the same hurting kneecap.

“OI!” shouts Dillon, getting a pop from the crowd who echoes the call of the “Irish Fury”. Dillon practically drags Korgath towards the turnbuckle. Climbing the middle rope, Dillon raises a large right fist above Dominic and starts pounding on the big man’s head. The crowd cheers as they chant along with the ref.

*ONE!*

*OI!*

*TWO!*

*OI!*

*THREE!*

*OI!*

This goes on for several counts till Korgath suddenly pushes Dillon off his elevated spot with authority! Dillon lands badly on the canvas. The referee quickly goes down to check on the fallen Irishman, but Korgath isn’t done yet. Getting onto the same middle rope that Dillon was on a few seconds ago, Dominic slaps the area around his right elbow and leaps off the ropes, letting his elbow drop squarely onto the exposed chest of Tim Dillon.

Ejiro: I haven’t seen this kind of raw power since the time when…

Judge: I doubt anyone’s going to remember events that far back, anyway. Urban Decay is the team of the future!

Annie: You know, Korgath should just stop wasting time and go for the cover. Then at least I can have Janet to myself.

Judge: Aren’t you supposed to be rooting for them?

Dillon grabs his upper torso in pain, but Korgath simply brushes off any effort by Dillon. The Big Demon goes for the lateral press.

ONE!

TWO!

KICKOUT!

Tim Dillon barely gets the shoulder up and the referee stops the count, even as English Dragon looks on in shock and frustration. The technical extraordinaire from London starts shouting for his partner to tag him in. Dominic Korgath looks reluctant, but decides against continuing his assault and walks towards his corner. Before tagging in Dragon, however, Korgath cannot resist the urge to deliver a brutal kick to the gut of Tim Dillon, even as the downed Irishman tries to get to his feet.

Ejiro: Haha! I love it! Pure brutal domination by the Urban Decay!

Judge: Reminds me of the fun the two of us used to have in the ring, eh, Eji?

The referee acknowledges the tag between the two members of Urban Decay as English Dragon climbs through the ropes into the ring. The London native picks up the downed “Fury” by the hair, before whipping the groggy Dillon into the ropes. Dragon sticks out an arm and Dillon simply gets caught by it and goes back down to the mat. English Dragon picks up his opponent again to repeat the move, but this time, Dillon is prepared and ducks the right arm, bounces off the other end of the ropes and GORE!

Both men collapse to the mat, the brutal move having knocked the breath out of both competitors. The referee checks on both men and begins the ten count after he is satisfied that both men are unable to get up immediately.

ONE!

TWO!

English Dragon, being the fresher of the two men, gets to his feet first, although the Londoner is still clutching his waist. On the other end of the ring, a desperate Danny Conklin tries to gain support for his course by slapping continuously on the top turnbuckle. The crowd starts getting into the mood and begins a “Go the Irish!” cheer.

Judge: There’s no doubt who the fans are behind in this match.

Ejiro: And that there tells you all you need to know about the SJL crowd. I mean, look at Dillon- the man is a whiskey addled fool!

Tim Dillon is on his knees and starts the crawl towards his partner. English Dragon hasn’t noticed this yet as the crowd continues to cheer for the Two Drink Minimum team. Danny Conklin climbs on the second rope, reaching over as far as possible, extending his right hand to make the tag. Dillon is almost there… he reaches out his hand to slap Danny’s… just a little more…

NO!

English Dragon grabs Dillon’s leg and drags the helpless man back to the centre of the ring. The former Television champion stomps once, twice, three times on the back of the neck of Tim Dillon, further wearing down the Irish fighter. Not satisfied with leaving Dillon in pain on the mat, Dragon continues to dominate by putting his opponent in a tightly wrapped headlock. Dillon clutches vainly at the sinewy arm of English Dragon as he tries to fight out of the submission move and get to his feet, but the pain from the earlier brawl is simply too much for even the hardened Dillon.

Danny Conklin is beyond returning to the calm exterior he portrayed on the way to the ring at the start of this match. The smile on the Irishman’s face is long gone, now replaced by a stern, determined look that threatened to kill should the opportunity present itself. Conklin continues to rap impatiently at the top turnbuckle, all the while getting the audience to motivate his partner Tim Dillon.

Judge: Conklin must be incredibly frustrated- he hasn’t even been tagged into the match yet!

Ejiro: Urban Decay’s ploy is working perfectly. Isolate one of the smaller, faster men. Keep him grounded. Use their superior strength, skills and weight to prevent all this flippy floppy crap the Irish team go for.

Judge: Annie? You still with us?

Annie: I’m just waiting for something vaguely exciting to happen.

Judge: I hear you…

Meanwhile, drawing on the heat from the crowd, Dillon pushes himself up onto one knee. Dragon wrenches in the headlock, but Tim is able to get his left hand onto the small of the Englishman’s back and shove hard forward, pushing Dragon off towards the ropes. Dragon bounces off the ropes and lunges forward with a lariat attempt, but Dillon ducks! Dragon is caught off balance and is an easy target as the Irishman leaps into the air, snapping his legs out in front of him and driving his boots hard into the jaw of the Dragon, who is sent crashing to the mat.

Gravity has no favourites, however, and Tim also plummets to the mat from the dropkick, where he lies, trying to get his breath back enough to crawl over and make the tag. Dillon plants his left forearm out in front of him and drags himself along. Again. Again. Korgath slams the top turnbuckle in frustration, as English Dragon uses the ropes to pull himself up. Dragon turns, groggily, and Dominic points to the opposite corner. Dillon, arm outstretched, is only a foot from Conklin’s waving hand.

Dragon turns, and sprints forwards…but instead of grabbing for Dillon, he takes Danny Conklin by surprise, just rushing at him, swinging a forearm shot that connects with the temple of Conklin, propelling him off the apron to the floor. Dragon turns to Tim Dillon and grabs him up by the head. Holding on tight, Dragon drags Dillon across the ring and shoves him into the Urban Decay corner. One swift slap on the hands, and Korgath joins Dragon in the ring. With Tim spread out on the turnbuckles, Dragon and Korgath take it in turns to smash their boots into his stomach and legs, until, mercifully, Ced Ordonez pushes Dragon out of the ring, leaving Korgath to continue with Dillon. The massive warrior grabs Tim around the head with both hands and pulls forward, bringing him out of the corner with a snap mare takeover that gets tremendous elevation.

Annie: One good thing about this match- Dragon and Korgath wear masks, so at least I don’t have to look at their ugly mugs. Why couldn’t Janet be in this match?

Ejiro: Er…because she’d get her ass kicked?

Judge: I think Tim’s doing just fine at getting Irish ass kicked himself.

With Dillon flat on his back, eyes glassy, Korgath casually walks to the ropes, bouncing off slowly. The Demon jumps high into the air above Dillon, extending his leg out at ninety degrees to his body and letting it crash down hard onto the exposed throat of the Irishman, whose body spasms in pain. Tim clutches his throat as Korgath moves on top of Dillon, hooking the leg:

ONE!

TWO!

Kick out!

Annie: Dillon has a huge reserve of fight. Urban Decay will have to come up with better than that to get the job done here.

Ejiro: He’s just too drunk to feel pain! If they keep him without a drink long enough, he’ll sober up and concede the match!

Korgath growls in anger, and turns to Dragon, who offers his hand for the tag. Korgath, however, has other ideas. He walks to the corner. And steps out of the ring.

Judge: Oh my…

Ejiro: Korgath is going to DECAPITATE Dillon! I love it!

Dominic slowly climbs to the top rope. Conklin yells to his partner, frantic for Tim to revive, but there’s no movement from Dillon. Korgath raises his arms, drawing boos from the crowd, and the propels himself forwards, again extending the leg out in front! Dominic gets height and distance, plummeting to the mat with the top rope leg drop aimed precisely at Dillon’s throat…and CONNECTING…with the mat! The crowd pops HUGELY for Tim’s escape!

Annie: Dillon moved! He was playing possum!

Ejiro: Typical dirty Irish trick!

Indeed, Tim rolled away to one side at the last possible moment, and Korgath’s leg hit the canvas hard. The monster shakes his head, betraying no pain, but starts to turn away from his opponent, looking for the tag to the Dragon. Tim’s roll took him towards the 2 Drink Minimum corner…and Conklin stamps the ring apron, drawing the crowd into a clap along as the whole arena urges Dillon on. Korgath is sliding across the mat…and makes the tag to Dragon! The Englishman leaps into the ring….as Dillon, with a last, huge effort, dives forward, extending his hand…and SMACK! The tag is made to a massive roar of approval from the fans!

Dragon backs off as Conklin vaults into the ring over the top rope. The Englishman shakes his head, but Conklin is having none of it as he starts to pepper Dragon with punches to the head. Conklin grabs the stunned Dragon by the arm and whips him off the ropes on the far side of the ring. As Dragon rebounds back, Danny runs to the ropes on the nearest side and jumps forward, springboarding back off them just as Dragon returns. Conklin wraps his right arm around Dragon’s head and falls forward, smashing it into the mat with a bulldog!

Dragon bounces off the canvas and lies on his back. Danny points upwards, and makes for the nearest corner. Conklin grabs the top rope with both hands and springs himself straight up onto it.

Judge: Dragon in a whole world of trouble here!

Annie: Conklin has a vast array of high flying moves he could hit from that position.

Conklin grins to the fans as he prepares to leap forwards, but stops himself when he sees Korgath stepping into the ring. Ced Ordonez is pushed aside as the giant lumbers forward, looking to push Conklin off the top, but out of nowhere Tim Dillon attacks, seemingly materialising next to Korgath and jumping up, connecting with a dropkick to the chest of Dominic that propels him back into the corner. Conklin and Dillon exchange thumbs up, and Conklin completes his leap off the top, extending his arms out in front of him and falling forwards! Danny’s head CRASHES into that of Dragon’s with a diving headbutt, and Dragon recoils, holding his masked head and kicking at the mat in pain. Conklin shakes his own head free of any dizzyness caused by the collision and pushes Dragon firmly onto his back, hooking the leg:

ONE!

TWO!

THR-KORGATH WITH THE DIVING SAVE!

Danny leaps up as Dragon rolls away. Dillon and Conklin begin to stomp down the monster, but he merely rises to his feet and grasps both Irishmen around their throats, one in each hand!

Judge: DOUBLE CHOKESLAM ATTEMPT!

Ejiro: Rip their trachea out, Dom!

Mere seconds before Korgath uses his massive strength to heave up both men, the Two Drink Minimum fight back with kicks to Korgath’s knees and thighs. The assault is enough to weaken Dominic’s grip sufficiently for Danny and Tim to slip out of his clutches. They continue to fire in the kicks, adding some stiff punches to the mix, and then, each grabbing an arm of the monster, whip him off the ropes. As Korgath looms back, Danny drops down, getting his left leg under Korgath’s legs and kicking his right leg into the back of them. Korgath is tripped up and crashes to the mat face first.

Annie: Nice drop toe hold from Conklin…what’s Dillon doing?

Ejiro: Running to the bar?

Tim is indeed running, off the ropes and back towards the fallen Korgath. Dillon slides forwards with a baseball slide dropkick that SMASHES into the face of the monster! Korgath’s head is SNAPPED back! Ced Ordonez endeavours to restore legality, pointing Tim out of the ring and motioning to Conklin that Dragon, lying near the corner, is still the legal man. Korgath gets groggily to his feet and obeys Ced’s instructions to get back on the apron.

While Ced moves the massive demon, however, he misses what an English Dragon match would not be complete without. As Danny Conklin reaches down for Dragon, he’s met with a jackhammer of a low blow! Conklin crumples to the mat, and Ced looks at Dragon with suspicion. The Englishman shrugs, and waves to the crowd, inducing the SJL fans into a cacophony of boos and even a few hurled pieces of trash.

Ejiro: Awesome move! What a technical genius this man is!

Judge: I must say, I’m a little tempted to agree.

Annie: I don’t know a lot about the male anatomy, but I’m thinking Danny’s “Conk” is going to be out of action for a while…maybe I should offer Janet a shoulder to cry on…or some form of sex toy, I don’t know.

Dragon grabs the winded Conklin half up and places his head between his legs. Wrapping his arms tightly around the Irishman’s waist, the Londoner heaves Conklin up vertically before hooking his right arm onto Conklin’s leg and then dropping straight down, smashing Danny’s head into the mat with a cradle piledriver!

Dragon decides against a cover, instead scooping Conklin straight back off the mat. Holding his head in one hand, Dragon brings Conklin stumbling over to the corner and tags Korgath. The monster steps into the ring and pushes Dragon aside, grabbing a hold of Danny himself.

Judge: Korgath seems anxious to re-assert himself after that missed top rope leg drop and failed double chokeslam attempt.

Ejiro: And you know that he will. I think we can finish up this match a little early.

Conklin once again finds himself in the unenviable position of being between an opponents legs, as Korgath sets him in position for a powerbomb. Dominic pulls Danny high into the air and then drives him forwards, powering his back and head onto the mat with an impact that shakes the canvas. Korgath casually hooks a leg:

ONE!

TWO!

KICKOUT!

Ejiro: Whaaaaaaat?

Annie: When there’s a girl like Janet to inspire you, a man…or a woman…can do anything!

Korgath shakes his head in disbelief, and pulls Conklin to his feet with one massive hand, which he proceeds to SLAP around the throat of the Irishman, gripping tightly. On the outside, Tim Dillon looks anxious but can only watch as Korgath lifts Conklin easily into the air and CHOKESLAMS him hard down to the mat! Danny looks to be out cold, and Korgath covers:

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

NO! A kickout at the last minute!

Furious, Korgath once again brings Conklin to his feet, and whips him off towards the ropes. Conklin, clearly not with it, stumbles however, and instead of bouncing back just hangs on the top rope. Korgath charges in with a roar…and Conklin rolls forwards, out from under him, and makes the tag to Tim Dillon! Dillon jumps onto the top turnbuckle and leaps high into the ring towards Korgath. In mid air, Dillon wraps his legs around the head and neck of the monster and, twisting his body sharply around, is somehow able to flip Korgath over with a hurricanrana!

Judge: A top rope rana from Dillon and he took the monster down! How fired up is this Irish team! They badly want this match.

Ejiro: He blindsided Korgath! Since when do we condone cheating in the SJL?

Dominic is swiftly back up, but Dillon meets him with a flurry of punches. Korgath tries to fight back, but the nimble Irishman ducks his slower forearms and continues the assault. At last, Dillon has Korgath worn down enough to pull him into the 2 Drink Minimum corner. Tim, still holding onto Dominic, climbs backwards onto the top turnbuckle, and twirls a finger in the air!

Dillon gets his right arm around the head and neck of his opponent and leaps forwards, twisting around and around again in mid-air, pulling Korgath around with him and finally planting his face hard into the mat!

Annie: Tornado DDT! Great move by Dillon! He doesn’t have the strength to execute many of his regular moves on a man the size of Korgath, so he used his agility instead!

Dillon pushes Dominic onto his back and covers:

ONE!

TWO!

Dragon runs in and just pulls Dillon off the body of his Urban Decay partner! Dillon responds with a stiff punch to the face of Dragon, who fires back, and the two begin brawling. Danny Conklin is suddenly back in the ring and the two Irishmen take it to Dragon.

Judge: It’s breaking down here!

Annie: Like it would ever be under control with these guys. Hey they didn’t even use the tag ropes!

Ejiro: Men like Urban Decay don’t need no stinkin’ tag ropes!

Conklin and Dillon whip Dragon across the ring and, as he comes back, block him down to the mat with a double back elbow. Conklin nods at Dillon, who runs to the ropes. Conklin drops to his back extending his legs vertically. Tim flies back directly onto Danny, who monkeyflips him high into the air! Dillon flips over in the air, coming down with his back and shoulder onto the midsection of Dragon!

Annie: Incredible move! Monkey flip into Swanton Bomb!

Ejiro: Meh, give me a proper move, like a bearhug!

Judge: You may not like these Irishmen (And I know I don’t) but that was a hell of a piece of action right there.

Dragon rolls to the outside, clutching his abdomen and muttering about “Bloody Paddies”. The 2 Drink Minimum turn their attention to Korgath, who is getting to his feet having recovered from Dillon’s tornado DDT. Both men grab Korgath by the head before he can attack and send him plummeting to the mat with a double team DDT!

Danny Conklin leaps onto the top rope and points at Korgath, lying prone on his back. The crowd POPS for Conklin to finish things off…

Ejiro: Why isn’t Ced restoring order here? Conklin isn’t legal!

And indeed, Ordonez could be listening to our commentary team, as he stands in the way of Conklin, telling him to climb down! Danny jumps back to the mat and argues with Ced as Dillon…is CRACKED in the back of the head by English Dragon, wielding Korgath’s huge iron staff! Dragon slides the staff back out of the ring and, rushing forward, charges into Danny Conklin, sending both men out through the middle rope to a heap on the floor!

Annie: Dammit! Korgath doesn’t use that as a weapon!

Judge: But Dragon does, evidently.

Dillon is out cold on the mat, and Korgath has enough awareness to roll him over and drape an arm. Ced turns around and slaps the mat:

ONE!

TWO!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

DING DING DING!

FUNYON: The winners of the match, the team of ENGLISH DRAGON and DOMINIC KOOOOOOOOOOORRRGATH!

Annie: What a cheap win!

Ejiro: Awesome finishing move from Dragon.

Annie: He hit him with a lump of metal!

Ejiro: I didn’t see that.

“March of Death” blares out, as Korgath slides out of the ring. Dragon extracts himself from Conklin and beats a hasty retreat, meeting up with Korgath on the walkway. They raise their arms in triumph, drawing a furious round of boos from the crowd.

Danny gets to his feet and looks at Urban Decay with hatred but slips back into the ring to check on the unconscious Dillon.

Judge: It wasn’t pretty, but it was effective. Urban Decay pick up a valuable win.

Annie: I’m going to console Janet, in my own special way.

Judge: We’ll be back, hopefully with some footage of that, after these messages.

Guest Thoth

The screen fades back in from the commercial and gives a stunning shot of the beautiful Ottawa evening outside the Corel Centre before switching back inside to the roaring crowd. The panning shot stops and spies a sign held by a particularly enthusiastic group of young men holding an painstakingly airbrushed banner that simply has the words “Urban Decay” on it. The camera then switches over to the new announcing team in the SJL, consisting of Annie Eclectic, “Judge Mental” William Hearford III, and Ejiro Fasaki.

Judge: Welcome back to Wrath. In our next match we have “The Red Rage” Viktor Tarakanov taking on Leo Breslin in a Hardcore Match.

Annie: Now this is what I’m talking about! These two have faced off before and now they’re gonna take pieces out of each other in a more hard core environment.

Ejiro: Meh, I don’t think this one’ll go down in the record books as one of the most technically perfect matches of the year, but I’m sure that Viktor will simply rip up Breslin both literally and figuratively.

Annie: Hey, don’t count Breslin out. I’m sure that he’ll be able to bring something to the table to counter the Russian Tyflosion!

Judge: Is that even a word?

Annie: It is now.

Funyon enters the ring and walks to the center, holding his microphone to his face. The fans cheer respectfully as the expert announcer begins to speak. “Ladies and gentlemen! Our next match is scheduled for one fall and is conducted under HARDCORE RULES!! Introducing first... he weighs in tonight at two hundred and thirty pounds... fighting out of Cleveland, Ohio... he is LEOOOO BREEEESLIIIIN!!”

The lights fade to nothingness and “Won’t Back Down” by Fuel starts up, causing flames shoot out from the stage in sequence to the pulse of the music. The fans begin to cheer loudly as the music continues and Leo Breslin and his manager Scarlet Minjonet step out from the back. Two spotlights lock on to them and follow them down as Scarlet gives Leo advice for the potentially dangerous match. As they reach the ring, Breslin quickly dives under the bottom rope as his valet walks to the opposite side of the ring. Leo begins to bounce up and down, shaking off a bit of excess energy for his match. Finally, with one last leap, an even bigger set of flames shoots up from the stage, accompanied by another giant set from the turnbuckles, prompting the crowd to cheer even louder.

Annie: Man... Breslin’s got some taste. That is a nice ass, right there!

Judge: Focus, Annie. This is our first day on the job, I’d like to make a good impression.

Ejiro: Agreed, you can get your ass canned if you want, but don’t make us look bad.

Annie: At least I like women.

The music stops abruptly and Breslin paces back and forth excitedly as the crowd awaits the entrance of Leo’s opponent. The crowd dies down to near silence as they wait for longer than usual for the next wrestler to enter. Suddenly, there is a spurt of noise from a part of the crowd as some sort of commotion has drawn the Canadian fans’ attention from the ring. Breslin isn’t the wiser though as the noise is isolated in the small floor section of the crowd. Though the crowd crowds around at first, they soon move out of the way as they realize what is occurring. A man is running down to ringside at an alarming pace and is brandishing a weapon.

Judge: Well, it looks like there is some disturbance down on the floor.

Ejiro: Yeah, and whatever it is, it’s causing the fans to clear out in a hurry!

It becomes clear, as the cameramen scurry to film the incident what is occurring. Even though the crowd is now booing heavily, Leo Breslin is just idly leaning on the top rope, talking to Minjonet. Soon though, the man charging through the crowd leaps the railing and leaps into the ring. Scarlet quickly spots him and hollers to Leo to turn around, but that decision may not be the wisest, for as he turns around, he is drilled in the forehead by the man’s weapon. Breslin goes down like a shot with his forehead covered in blood. The red life-juice runs down the handle of the weapon onto the hands of Viktor Tarakanov.

Annie: BLOOD!! BLOOD!! I mean... that damn Russian with a cheap shot from behind!

Judge: Quite the outburst, Annie.

Ejiro: I don’t get it? Why didn’t he just come out like normal and hit him? It’s not like he could have done anything about it.

Judge: I think, perhaps, that Tarakanov was going for the element of surprise.

Surprise is indeed what he received. As Breslin lies on the mat bleeding, Viktor Tarakanov tosses his hammer over to the side of the ring and signals for the referee to ring the bell to start the match. A tad confused, the frightened man does as he’s commanded.

DING!! DING!! DING!!

Upon hearing the bell, the large and angry Russian bails out of the ring calmly and begins to look under the ring for something to use. He doesn’t look long though, as he quickly finds the weapon he seemingly hid earlier and grabs it quickly and gets back into the ring. There is a simultaneous gasp from the crowd as he takes the weapon and clutches it tightly with one hand, slowly and methodically approaching Leo Breslin.

Judge: He wouldn’t even think about using that.

Ejiro: I think he would, Judge. Those Russian’s are known for their lack of inhibitions!

Annie: No they aren’t. They’re known for their vodka and their crappy Communist government. Now, I like hardcore wrestling as well as the next guy, but this is taking it a bit too far.

It might be, but Viktor Tarakanov is not at all slowed as he approaches his opponent with the glistening chrome object in hand. Viktor lifts his opponent to a sitting position and props up the near unconscious man against his own knee. Then, with the crowd fully against Tarakanov, he raises the weapon in the air and allows the light to glisten off before bringing the sickle down on the forehead of Leo Breslin. The crowd gasps and boos as Viktor cuts deep across the forehead of his opponent. The vicious blade slices nearly to the bone as Tarakanov repeatedly slices across the forehead of the helpless Breslin.

Annie: STOP HIM, DAMMIT!! I know there’s no disqualifications, but can you still get the pin if your opponent is dead?

Judge: It seems like Dace Night would be the man to ask about that.

Ejiro: That blood is getting everywhere... we’d have better hired someone good to clean the mat...

Viktor takes a final slice and gets back to his feet. Breslin’s limp body slumps to the mat, literally pouring blood out in surges to the mat. As soon as Viktor leaves the general location of his opponent, EMTs rush in and begin to tend to the badly bleeding Leo Breslin. “The Red Rage” walks over to his sledge hammer and grabs it with his free left hand and then walks back over to Breslin and covers sets his boot calmly on his chest. Breslin is now on top of a medical stretcher and is being strapped in and having things strapped to his head and face as the referee makes the cover out of sheer mercy. Viktor holds the two weapons above his head crossed.

~1~

~2~

~3~

DING!! DING!! DING!!

Judge: Mercifully, this is over. After making Breslin’s head look like it went in a wood chipper, Viktor Tarakanov finally decided to pin his opponent.

Annie: I don’t know what kind of shape Breslin is gonna be in after this match. He doesn’t look like he’s too happy right now.

Ejiro: Talk about the Flesher Scale...

Tarakanov leaves the ring, a big smile on his face as the Soviet National Anthem plays through the speakers. Unfortunately, no one can hear the music, as the arena is completely filled with boos. The hatred of the Canadian fans rivals that of the hatred the American fans show him as he walks up the ramp slowly, still clutching his weapons in his hands. In the ring, there is a whole swarm of medical assistance surrounding Leo Breslin as he is worked on furiously by the EMTs. A very worried Scarlet Minjonet is standing close by, too afraid to try to attack Tarakanov when she had the chance. Funyon didn’t even announce Tarakanov as the winner, he too was helping to tend to Breslin’s wounds.

Annie: We’ll I’m glad that’s over. Leo Breslin is gonna need some serious work, folks. Let’s wish him the best.

Ejiro: Let’s wish him nothing! That bastard should’ve known better.

Judge: We’ll be back after the break for our main event. Don’t go away.

*commercial*

Guest Thoth

Once again returning from SJL’s fantabulous commercials, the arena lights dim and a high camera arcs down and over the crowd before resting in a perfect position to see the SmarkTron as it blips and whirs to life. Shots from Metal appear in slow motion black and white as a voice over brings the scene to life.

VO: Triumph. Success. Pandamonium. Some things take a lot to obtain…and even more to keep. Only days ago, Bloodshed became the SJL European Champion…

The pinfall is shown is slow motion, as well as the resulting madness.

…and now Scott Solomon wants his title back.

Shots of Solomon complaining to Chris Raynor are seen.

…Tonight…Bloodshed and Scott Solomon will come together once more…the winner will get the title and the glory…while the loser gets the shame of another loss. Who will be the one to step up to the challenge and prove themselves as a true champion…

As shots of Bloodshed and Scott Solomon repeatedly flash across the scene, the European Title rolls across from left to right…finishing between the two men…their eyes seemingly locked onto each other. The scene fades out leaving only the title and the words…

Two Men…One Champion…

Funyon’s voice begins to echo through the arena as the lights dim down.

Funyon: Ladies and Gentlemen…the following contest is scheduled for ONE FALL…and is for the Smarks Junior Leagues EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP!

Suddenly “My Way” by Limp Bizkit explodes throughout the arena and the camera pans down to the entranceway slowly and Scott Solomon makes his way out from behind the black curtain.

…Making his way to the ring at this time…is the challenger…

…hailing from East Saint Louis, Illionis…he is the former European Champion and a proud member of Urban Decay…

…a man that will do whatever it takes to win…

…he is SCOTT SOLLLLLLOOOOOOMMMMMOOOOONNNNN~!

A close-up on Scott’s face as he stands at the top of the entranceway shows a burning in his soul and a smirk across his lips. Without hesitation he takes off in a sprint, rushing past fans, security, and cameramen before diving into the ring and getting to his feet. He rubs his hands together a bit and awaits the upcoming challenge as the music fades out.

Judge: We’ve had a crazy night so far and it’s looking like it’s going to get even better right now.

Annie: …as long as someone bleeds I’ll be happy.

Ejiro: Girl…you know someone will…

The lights in the arena go completely off…causing a murmuring from the fans in attendance. Funyon is again ready with the introduction.

Funyon: And his opponent…He is a relative newcomer here in the SJL…but he has made his way up the ladder at a quick pace…

…Hailing from Las Vegas, Nevada…

…He is the Psychotic Pain Killer and YOUR New European Champion…

…BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODSHED!!

The lights suddenly strobe back to full power…and Bloodshed is now standing in the ring, his long flowing jacket hanging loose over his body and his hair hanging down over his face. Methodically he pulls the jacket off and tosses it over the top rope and to the floor, revealing the European Championship Belt around his waist.

As he pulls his hair away from his face a close-up shows Bloodshed to have a smile on his face and a little gleam in his eye. Without a second thought he pulls the belt off his waist with both hands and raises it in the air, spinning slowly…allowing the fans and the cameras to get a nice view of the belt before he brings it down and hands it to referee Sexton Hardcastle…who shrugs and holds the belt up once more before handing it off to a ringside attendant.

Ejiro: Now that’s an entrance.

Judge: I’ve seen better…

Sexton calls for the bell and the match is underway…

*DING DING DING*

Solomon is quick to go on the offensive, catching Bloodshed off guard with an almost amateur takedown, coming behind with a waistlock and tripping Bloodshed up…putting him down on his stomach. Scott tosses in a hammerlock for good measure and brings his knee into the air and down across the champ’s lower back.

Judge: Had that been me…Bloodshed would be bleeding already.

Ejiro: Not everyone can you be, Judge.

Annie: …and I’m sure everyone is thankful for that.

Solomon continues to wrench on the hammerlock as he lifts Bloodshed back off the ground and to his feet. Bloodshed tries to counter out, rolling under and around and trying to reverse the hold, but Solomon also reverses and Bloodshed is back where he started, his arm bent behind his back. Another reversal attempt, and this time Solomon stops it short and grips Bloodshed around the waist, lifting him into air and holding the hammerlock in place before dropping him down hard across his knee in a backbreaker.

Ejiro: Nice combination there…that looked like it hurt…

Judge: Of course it hurt…you’ve been in that situation before!

Ejiro: I’m just trying to be an impartial commentator…

Annie: …sure you are…and I’m trying to be straight…

Ejiro: …

Bloodshed falls off Solomon’s knee and hits the canvas on his back, and Solomon tries for an early pin…

One….

Two...and Bloodshed gets his shoulder up quickly after the two count. Solomon is back on the attack once more, lifting Bloodshed off the ground and tossing him off the ropes. Bloodshed tries to slide down under Solomon’s legs, but Scott is able to catch him coming through and he lifts him back up and hooks in another waistlock before rolling backwards and throwing Bloodshed over his head and right onto his back in a tough release German suplex.

Judge: Bloodshed hit right on his head there…

Ejiro: Thanks for the report, Captain Obvious!

Judge: Why don’t you shut your face!?

*Annie can be heard continuously bitching about the lack of valets in the match*

Bloodshed rolls towards the ropes, holding his head a bit as Solomon gets back to his feet and follows him, grabbing him by the back of the neck and lifting him off the ground, with Bloodshed using the ropes as a bit of a ladder to help him to his feet. Bloodshed shakes his head, trying to remove the cobwebs, but Solomon is quick to go for another irish whip, catching Bloodshed with a hard sidewalk slam as he comes off the ropes once more. Sexton is down and ready for another pin attempt.

One…

Two…

…and again Bloodshed gets a shoulder up and rolls up to his knees, trying to get to his feet and to get on the offensive, but Solomon is still pretty fresh, and is up to his feet first, giving Bloodshed a good kick to the ribs and rolling him to the outside. Bloodshed luckily lands on his feet and walks around the far corner of the ring, trying to catch his breathe and get his mind functioning up to a normal level…whatever that may be. Hardcastle begins a count, but it is broken up at two as Solomon also comes out of the ring and Sexton has no choice but to start the count again.

Judge: Solomon just isn’t letting off Bloodshed tonight…

Ejiro: He really wants that title.

Annie: Hey you guys…check out that girl down in the first row…look…Bloodshed almost bounced into her…

Ejiro: THAT ONE?

Annie: Yeah…wow…

Judge: SJL is proud to offer the in-depth match analysis of Annie Eclectic…

Solomon has got Bloodshed up against the apron now…and as Sexton continues to count Scott keeps time with hard chops.

*CHOP*

4….

*CHOP*

5….

*CHOP*

6….

Solomon pulls Bloodshed off the apron and lifts him up, dropping him chest first across the barricade. Bloodshed lets out a bit of a howl as Solomon follows with an elbow to the back of the head before whipping him around and back into the ring just as Sexton hits 8…

Bloodshed has rolled to the other side of the ring and slowly crawls up the ropes. Solomon goes for another charge but Bloodshed ducks and uses Solomon’s own momentum against him to force him up and over…

Judge: …and Solomon is going over…but he catches himself on the apron…

Ejiro: Smart move there from the challenger…

Judge: …Solomon tries to come back through the ropes but Bloodshed catches him with a knee to the forehead.

*Annie’s eyes are still stuck on the chick in the front row*

Solomon jerks up from the knee and his back hits the top rope, forcing him down and into another knee shot. Bloodshed follows with a third knee before leaping over the top of Solomon and coming down with a legdrop to the back of his head that puts him completely through the ropes and down on his face on the canvas.

Bloodshed rolls Solomon over and goes for the cover…

One…

Two…

But Solomon gets a foot under the ropes and kicks out…

Ejiro: Solomon was covering both angles there…just in case.

…and with his leg still under the rope Bloodshed goes for an armbar, but Sexton easily sees the rope break and begins yelling for Bloodshed to break it up.

Judge: If Bloodshed gets DQed…he’ll get to keep the title! What a fiendish plot!

Ejiro: Alright now you are just making no sense at all…

Hardcastle finally forces the break and Bloodshed rolls away, with Solomon holding his shoulder as he tries to make his way to his feet. As Solomon gets to his feet, Bloodshed comes off the far ropes and dives from behind Solomon, bringing him down face first in a bulldog that causes Bloodshed to almost over time the jump and go flying out of the ring, but a quick midair adjustment can be recognized as Bloodshed catches himself on the bottom rope.

Ejiro: Ha! Bloodshed almost took quite a spill there!

Judge: …I seem to recall you doing that quite a few times back when you were in the JL…

Ejiro: Really?

Judge: Nah…

Bloodshed seems disoriented after the bulldog and is slow getting up…Sexton starts a count…

1…

2…

Judge: …and Bloodshed is up quickly!

Ejiro: …but Solomon is close as well!

Bloodshed reaches his feet first…and turns to attack Solomon before he can get any further vertical. A nice kick to the jaw puts Solomon back down and writhing in pain.

Judge: He could’ve broken Scott’s jaw!

Ejiro: Ref! Get him out of there!

Annie: Out just let them fight you two…

As Solomon goes down, Bloodshed dives in and drives his knee between Solomon’s shoulder blades before hooking his arms and just pulling back as hard as he can, forcing an immense pain to shoot through Scott’s body.

Judge: Solomon has to be in some real pain right now…

Ejiro: He’ll get out! Bloodshed will make some stupid mistake…just watch…

Bloodshed continues putting on the pressure…seemingly trying to permanently injure Solomon. After a moment of Hardcastle’s insistence, Bloodshed removes the knee from Solomon’s back, and the camera catches a noticeable sigh of relief come over his face…but not for long as Bloodshed jumps and drives his body down over Solomon’s shoulder and to the mat, all the while the camera stays glued to Solomon’s face…a sharp wince burning through as his body connects with the canvas.

Bloodshed lifts up Solomon’s body and repeats the blow, causing even more pain to the back and shoulders of the challenger.

Annie: I used to let Rose do that all the time…it felt good after a while…

*Judge and Ejiro are speechless*

Bloodshed stands up once more, releasing Solomon’s body. Before Solomon can take a moment to rest, however, Bloodshed is air born once again, coming down across Scott’s back with a hard standing legdrop again across the upperback of Solomon.

Back up once more, Bloodshed sees an opening and runs to the ropes, coming off with a perfect Lionsault…

Judge: Solomon MOVED!

Ejiro: YES!

Solomon rolls out of the way in the nick of time as Bloodshed’s body is planted on the canvas.

Ejiro: Can we get a replay? That was almost perfect timing…

A slow motion replay shows Bloodshed come off the ropes and…in the midst of flashbulbs and whilst being perfectly upside down…Solomon begins his roll toward the ropes…leaving Bloodshed no choice but to meet the mat face to face…

Judge: Back to the action, now…as Solomon is getting to his feet …and Bloodshed is making his way up as well…

Ejiro: Solomon’s up first!

Annie: No…you were up first when you saw me come out here in this t-shirt…

*Ejiro is again speechless*

Solomon is indeed up to his feet first, and meets Bloodshed with a hard fist right as he gets to his feet, causing Sexton to remind Scott about the use of the closed fist. A camera catches Solomon simply smile and open his hand and show it to the ref…before palm striking Bloodshed in the throat and sending him reeling backwards towards the corner in pain.

Solomon is on the attack once more, catching Bloodshed as he hits the corner with a series of hard chops that are turning Bloodshed’s chest red with each passing shot.

Judge: If Scott keeps this up, Bloodshed’s will be bleeding from the chest…

Annie: And that’s not pretty believe me…

*Judge and Ejiro are once again left speechless*

Solomon pulls Bloodshed out of the corner and lifts him up…only to drop him down to the turnbuckle…with all of the force driving Bloodshed’s face right into it…and as he comes off the buckle Scott is ready and lifts him up and drives him into the mat with a hard powerslam…scooping him off the ground and flipping his body…a replay in the corner shows the glazed look on Bloodshed’s face just before he hits the canvas on his back. Another pin attempt and Hardcastle is right there waiting…

1……

2……

And Bloodshed kicks out just before the THREE~! The crowd comes alive even more now, watching as Solomon pulls Bloodshed back to his feet and continues his punishment, holding him in place for a hard lifting knee strike and letting go just to see Bloodshed stumble backwards and hit the ropes…flipping outside under his own power and rolling to the floor below.

Judge: Now Bloodshed wants to get himself counted out! He’ll do anything to keep that belt!

Ejiro: But look at Scott!

Solomon spies Bloodshed, who is trying to climb back up to the apron…and takes a run off the ropes and slides across the canvas, his feet connecting with Bloodshed’s jaw in a perfect baseball slide that sends Bloodshed rolling toward the barricade, which he strikes with a bit of force. Solomon raises his hand in victory for a moment…causing a few in the crowd to clap…but only briefly before they realize exactly who is in control.

A cameraman on the outside moves in to position to catch the action as Sexton starts another count…

1……

Solomon lifts Bloodshed and points directly at the camera.

2……

3……

Solomon whips Bloodshed hard, causing his face to connect with the camera and the cameramen, knocking both men and the expensive camera to the ground.

Judge: Solomon just doesn’t care about anything in this match!

Ejiro: Except that title…he’ll take out anything and everybody to get it!

**REPLAY**

As Bloodshed lays on the ground…a replay from the main camera shows Solomon’s whip into the camera, along with the shot from the camera itself…as Bloodshed meets the cameraman face first and both men tumble to the ground, with the camera going to static as the cameraman rolls onto his stomach and Bloodshed flies over top of him and toward the apron.

**END REPLAY**

6…….

Solomon has Bloodshed and tosses him into the ring to break up the count…if only before catching him with another closed fist shot…letting him know who is boss. Bloodshed is down in the middle of the ring as Scott rolls in behind him and goes for a pin…

1……

2…….

3…NO! Bloodshed kicks out!

Judge: How did he do that!?

Ejiro: Instinct…we hope.

Bloodshed has seemingly gotten a second wind, as he gets to his feet in record time compared to the previous few minutes…but backs away from Solomon upon regaining his balance. Bloodshed goes for a kick…but Solomon catches the foot…Bloodshed leaps with all his might and hits the Enziguri…and both men are down.

Judge: That took a lot out of Bloodshed there...

Ejiro: …and Solomon should still be able to get up quickly.

Indeed Solomon is the first one to show movement…but as he reaches his knees Bloodshed rolls to his back.

Ejiro: KIP UP! That bloody bastard kipped up!

Bloodshed shoots off the canvas and right on to his feet just as Solomon gets to his, but the look on both men’s faces is almost priceless. Bloodshed wipes a bit of blood from his face and points toward the title that sits at the timekeeper’s table before pointing to Solomon and back at himself…signaling that it’s time to go. Bloodshed can be heard almost giving orders…

Bloodshed: No more fun and games…it’s time to wait and bleed…

Bloodshed seems almost superhuman as he hops back and forth from foot to foot, completely mocking Solomon. He smiles and jumps again, doing a 360 in the air…but as he lands Solomon is there and meets him with a hard clothesline, but Bloodshed simply pops right back up…and although he is holding his head and in a constant state of…well…bloodshed. He doesn’t seem to care.

Judge: What is that psycho doing!

Ejiro: He’s lost his mind!

Bloodshed smiles again…a close-up catching blood trickling down his face and his wipes more blood off and slaps his hands together before taking another run at the challenger…but Solomon moves and Bloodshed hits the ropes with a lot of force, coming off and spinning into a flying elbow that catches Solomon in the chin and a little off guard. Bloodshed tries for the cover to catch him in surprise…

1…….

2……..

Solomon kicks out! Solomon rolls to the ropes and is up quickly, holding his jaw from the elbow shot, and looking reasonably pissed off. Bloodshed tries to come on the attack once more, but again Solomon sidesteps the bleeding champs advancements and is able to boot Bloodshed down as he comes off the ropes, rather than suffer another elbow shot.

Judge: Bloodshed should have known that Solomon wouldn’t fall for that twice…

Annie: Sometimes things are better when done again, you guys…

Bloodshed hits the mat and seems a bit dazed, but is still back on his feet at a good pace. Solomon is the one to take a run this time…but Bloodshed seems prepared as he jumps and flips over the top rope, holding on with his hands and pulling the rope down. Solomon tries to reach over the top and grab him, but Bloodshed simply lets go…causing the top rope to slingshot up and into Solomon’s chest, tossing him backwards and dropping him to the mat as Bloodshed slides back into the ring.

Judge: That was almost a veteran move there…but Bloodshed was just scared of the big man…

Annie: Just like you’re scared of me…huh, Judge…

Ejiro: Ha!

Annie: Don’t be laughing…I’ll spank you…

Ejiro: …

Bloodshed instinctively goes for the back, putting Solomon in the same clutch as earlier…driving his knee between Scott’s shoulder blades and pulling up hard, letting Scott taste the pain as his muscles gets pulled in ways that they definitely should not be pulled.

Bloodshed lets one of Scott’s arms go for a moment, but then swings around and gives him a hard fist to the temple, causing Sexton to scold Bloodshed and force the hold to be broken. Bloodshed drops Solomon down as he rolls to the outside holding his head…and Sexton starts a count, though a bit late than usual.

1…………

2…………

Bloodshed takes a moment to rest, but sees that Solomon is wide open …and comes off the ropes and lucks for a suicide plancha…and the name pays off as Scott moves out of the way and Bloodshed flips and lands hard on his back on the thin protective matting on the outside.

Judge: Solomon was almost playing possum there…another smart veteran like move…

Ejiro: They are just full of them…maybe someday they’ll be as good as us…

*Judge and Ejiro burst out laughing*

Solomon smiles at the hurting body of Bloodshed, taking a moment to look down upon him before unleashing with a fury of kicks, slowing backing Bloodshed across the canvas toward the ringsteps.

As Bloodshed’s body hits the steps, Solomon picks him up by the hair…setting Bloodshed in a sitting position against the side of the steps. Sexton continues to count as Solomon backs a few feet away before running in with a hard knee right to Bloodshed’s head, busting him open even more. Before the ref can further the count, Solomon picks up Bloodshed’s body and tosses it in the ring, following close behind.

Judge: Why is Hardcastle getting between them! GET OUT OF THE WAY!

Ejiro: Safety for the weak, I guess…

Judge: Screw safety! I want pain!

Annie: You want me to whip out one of my toys?

Judge: ….ow.

Sexton is still trying to keep Solomon away from the champ, but after a moment Solomon simply pushes the ref away and goes after Bloodshed. Sexton does not signal for the bell, but comes up from behind Solomon and shoves him back!

Judge: NO WAY! He’s in trouble now!

Solomon turns and shoves back hard, pushing the ref out of the ring through the ropes and to the floor. Solomon turns back to Bloodshed but is caught by a LOW BLOW that puts Solomon down to his knees and Bloodshed is able to get back up…bloody forehead and all.

Ejiro: Cheater! Cheater!!!!!!!

Annie: You sound so juvenile…

Ejiro: DO NOT!

Annie: ….do too…

Ejiro: DO NOT!

Annie: …if you say so…

Bloodshed gives Solomon a good kick to the face, and then heads to the ropes. As he bounces off a hand comes from below the apron and catches Bloodshed’s foot, tripping him and causing him to fall flat on his face. A camera on the outside catches CRAIG MCLENNAN, pushing the apron off his body.

Ejiro: Oh great…now HE’S HERE….

Judge: ………..

Craig keeps himself low to the ground as Solomon is back on his feet. Scott looks out of the ring and sees Craig, so he takes a moment to look at Bloodshed before pushing him out of the ring for some punishment.

McLennan smiles up at Scott before picking Bloodshed up off the floor, but Bloodshed pops back up and starts throwing punches, but after two or three Craig is able to block…and connects with his own hard punch to Bloodshed’s forehead that doubles him over. Craig sees an opening and hooks a front facelock before dropping him down with a hard DDT to the floor…indefinitely causing even more pain and more blood to pour from the head of the champ. Scott signals of movement from Sexton, so Craig lifts Bloodshed up and tosses him into the ring…then he crotches down by the apron to hide from the prying eyes of Hardcastle.

Judge: Now that’s teamwork…working for a common goal…destroying the champion!

Solomon fakes injury as Sexton has regained him bearings…and Solomon makes a slightly quick but acted crawl toward the champ, throwing his body over…

1……..

2……….

And Bloodshed kicks out!!

Judge: Just lay down, you fool!

Ejiro: Scott shouldn’t have tried to fake out the ref…

Judge: It’s pin to win…not an acting class…

Annie: Well you two sure are acting interested…

Judge: We are interested…we think…

Ejiro: YEAH!

Solomon is fuming as he picks Bloodshed up…signaling for the Blaster. Solomon pushes Bloodshed down and lifts him up, but Bloodshed starts flailing his arms wildly, pulling his body toward the ropes, causing both men to fall, with Bloodshed going over the top…

…but he hooks the arms……and over he goes!

Judge: TARANTULA!

Ejiro: Unbelievable escape there…

Judge: The ref’s gotta break that up! Break it up!

Bloodshed has Solomon’s arms and legs hooked and wrapped around the ropes, but Sexton’s bitching comes through and Bloodshed lets go after a moment, and rolls back under the ropes and into the ring as Solomon stumbles away.

Craig can be seen on the outside completely losing his mind…but can’t interfere or Solomon would lose his shot at the title. Craig is kicking the apron and smacking his head, and in the background Bloodshed can be seen jumping through the air and dropping Solomon with a bulldog.

Craig slaps the apron as Bloodshed stands and sees the downed challenger before jumping over him and coming off the ropes with a signature Lionsault, hitting Solomon right across the back. Solomon moans slightly and Bloodshed rolls off…

Judge: Bloodshed might look to put this away…Solomon’s back might not take much more…after those holds and hard shots it’s been taking…

…he hooks Solomon’s legs with his hands and rocking backwards, pushing all his weight down on his back, trying to maneuver his smaller body around Solomon’s larger one…but he is able to hook it in after a moment of squirming and pulling….

Judge: PSYCHOTIC PAIN KILLER~!

Ejiro: Solomon might have to tap…

Judge: Don’t Tap!! Please!!

Solomon tries to get free…pulling his arm toward the ropes….

But Bloodshed wrenches back harder!!

Judge: Don’t Tap!!

Ejiro: COME ON!!

Craig is completely losing his mind….

BUT SOLOMON TAPS OUT~!

Judge/Ejiro: SHIT!

Bloodshed rolls off, panting from holding Solomon’s body in such a rough way for so long. Sexton pulls Bloodshed off the ground and raises his hand, only for Bloodshed to drop back down and roll toward the edge of the ring as Funyon makes his announcement.

Funyon: Here is your winner…and STILL SJL EUROPEAN CHAMPION…. BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODSHED!!

NOTE: If I lose…I would like the following edited in to the end of Solomon’s match to further the feud between me and Craig

As Bloodshed rolls out of the ring he is met from behind by Craig McLennan, who drops the tired Bloodshed down to the floor and begins attacking with boots to the head and shoulders. Craig pulls Bloodshed up and yells inaudibly at the crowd…lifting him upside down…

Judge: If he does what I think he’s going to do…

…and drops him down on his head HARD!

Ejiro/Judge: PILEDRIVER TO THE FLOOR~!

Bloodshed’s unconscious body rolls out and Craig is up again, laughing almost maniacally. Craig lifts Bloodshed’s body up and drags him toward the ringsteps, draping his left arm over the steps. Sexton tries to get of the ring to break it up but another hard shove puts him down as Craig goes for a chair.

Judge: Is he going to…

Ejiro: What a psycho…I love it!

Craig grabs the chair and lifts it over his head, running for Bloodshed’s body and dropping it down hard across the steps and Bloodshed’s arm…but Bloodshed simply falls to the floor as Craig retreats over the barricade, seeing an oncoming group of refs and EMTs approaching.

The EMTs and refs work at Bloodshed, pulling him onto a stretcher and carrying him off, his title draped over his fallen body.

Judge: Amazing….he may never be the same…

Suddenly the lights drop out and a voice…Bloodshed’s voice…echoes through the arena.

Bloodshed: Craig…You put me down. I had a feeling one day you would do this…so I paid off the A/V club in the truck to play this should they see me fall at your hands. I guess tonight is the night.

I don’t know what you are planning…or even what you are going to do to me the night this airs…if it airs…but if I get put out bad enough for you to be hearing my voice right now…then something must be really wrong. It takes a lot to shut me up.

Remember this, Craig…Remember this EBON… I promised you after that fateful night that one day The Apostle might return….

…One day the real me might be brought back out…

…One day that you live in fear of…

…Tonight…

…Your dreams…are about to be SHATTERED…

“The Apostle Returns” appears across the SmarkTron as the camera cuts back to the announce crew.

Judge: Uhmm… Bloodshed …or…uhmm…whatever… he must have known that Craig would take him out…

Ejiro: I’m still confused, Judge…

Judge: …this could be the one thing that Craig wanted to do the most…but the least as well…

Annie: You guys…we have to go to commercial…cut the dramatic crap…

The writing on the SmarkTron fades to black as the screen also fades to black and then to commercial.

Guest Thoth

Fade in from commercials as we go straight to the announcing position.

Judge: Welcome back everyone and for those of you just tuning in to SJL Wrath! For the latter, you’re going to enjoy our main event tonight.

Ejiro: Fortunately, it doesn’t involve that punk Grappler that you waxed on Friday.

Annie: I for one, am as about as excited for this match as I was for my first time with a woman, and you know that’s saying a lot!

Judge: It is exciting indeed, as the SJL World Title has been held up and vacated for three men to fight over. Manson is looking to finally capture that title he’s been after for awhile, John Duran has the momentum on his side after joining up with his companions to form the Urban Decay, and the monster Aecas is looking to shut them all down tonight.

Ejiro: But that’s not how it’s going down, Mental. This is Duran’s match to win. He’s tasted his own blood and he’s made others bleed to get to this point, and he’s not about to let it go.

Annie: Please, this match is all Aecas. Just look at the guy!

Ejiro: All I see in Aecas is someone as psychotic as you, Annie.

Annie gives Ejiro a dirty look as the camera cuts away on a close-up of the SJL World Championship belt in the hands of referee Matthew Kivell. The camera zooms out as Funyon comes into the picture, standing close to Kivell and ready to announce the beginning of this match.

Funyon: “Ladies and gentlemen, the following contest is a TRIPLE THREAT MATCH FOR THE S-J-L WOOOOOOOOOOOORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP!”

The cheers from the crowd stop Funyon from continuing for a moment, as Funyon pauses before moving on.

Funyon: “Introducing first, from Denver, Colorado, weighing in at 215 pounds, he is THE HATE MACHINE…MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN-SON!”

“Hate Song” by The Haunted blares over the speakers as the crowd’s initial cheers turn to boos as Manson once again steps through the curtain, having received a second chance to get the biggest win of his career. Manson ignores the fans as he walks down to the ring, walking up the steps and ducking between the ropes and into the ring, where he removes his leather jacket. Manson looks towards the entranceway, waiting for his opponents as the arena goes dark.

Annie: “Ah, it’s dark in here!”

*GONG*

…Silence…

“Are you scared?

…he’s here…”

The sudden beginning of Emperor’s “Curse All You Men” surprises some people in their seats, but they explode with cheers as thick smoke clogs the entranceway. Finally, Aecas steps through the smoke to a loud response with a crazy look on his face, raising a staff in the air over his head as a long blade snaps out from the staff, the crowd roaring in delight at the sight of the object.

Funyon: “The second participant, weighing at 315 pounds from Shrewsbury, England, he is THE BLACK ANGEL…this…is…AEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECAS!”

Aecas continues moving down to the ring, carrying the scythe down to the ring with him as the big man enters through the ropes, the lights coming on as Aecas still has that grin on his face, in anticipation of this match, before turning that grin upside down and getting serious.

Funyon: “And the final participant, weighing in at 265 pounds and hailing from Champaign, Illinois, he is the leader of the Urban Decay…”THE SINNER” JOHN DURAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!”

“Sinner” explodes into the Corel Centre, and the crowd matches the volume, exploding into boos as Duran comes through the entranceway with that evil smirk on his face again, sporting a black “Urban Decay” t-shirt. John wastes no time in raising two middle fingers straight up into the air, giving all of Ottawa a new official bird before beginning his walk down to the ring.

Annie: “Ugh! I hate this guy, he’s so cocky!”

Judge: “But he’s a fine athlete as well, that cannot be denied.”

Ejiro: “And besides, two of those three qualities are reasons why you’re a lesbian, right Annie?”

Duran reaches the ring, stepping up onto the apron and entering, looking at the two other combatants, suddenly losing the smirk as Kivell holds the World belt into the air, all three men looking prepared to rip the others’ heads off. Kivell gives the belt to Funyon, and as Funyon leaves the ring, Kivell calls for the bell.

*DING DING DING*

Judge: “Here we go!”

Once the bell rings, Duran charges over to Aecas, immediately swinging his right arm around and clubbing Aecas in the face, catching him by surprise and sending him to the mat. John begins to stomp away at Aecas, but only manages to get a couple of shots in before Manson runs over to join the fray, joining his hands together and balling them into a fist as he raises the fist over his head and brings it down on Duran’s back, stopping “The Sinner” in his tracks. Manson continues to deliver blows to the back of Duran as the crowd cheers with delight.

Judge: “Duran with the early offensive strike, but Manson has taken the helm to begin this match!”

Manson continues to club away at the back of Duran, grabbing Duran’s arm and whipping him into the ropes, towards the announce table and away from the downed Aecas. On the rebound, Manson extends his arm to clothesline John’s head off, but Duran ducks the attempt, gaining momentum. Unfortunately for “The Sinner”, the 7-foot Aecas has returned to his feet, and rockets out of the corner with a thundering clothesline that sends Duran crashing to the mat with a thump.

Annie: “You can’t keep Aecas down; he just takes a licking and keeps on ticking!”

Judge: “Word around the locker room is you have a story or two about keeping yourself ticking as well, if you know what I mean.”

Annie: “Ugh. Just pay attention to the match.”

Duran holds his head in pain from the impact of the move and rolls under the bottom rope to avoid any further attacks. Before Aecas can continue what he started, Manson keeps the ball rolling, entering a collar-and-elbow tie-up with Aecas. Aecas has the height advantage and thus the leverage, overpowering Manson with ease and driving his skull into Manson’s with a headbutt. The headbutt stuns “The Hate Machine,” sending him backpedaling into the ropes. Aecas gets a running start, but “The Black Angel” catches a boot to the midsection once he turns around, as Manson puts him in a front facelock and quickly drops down to the mat with a DDT, planting Aecas’ noggin into the mat. With Aecas down, Manson quickly turns the big man over, draping his body over Aecas’ with a lateral press and neglecting to hook the leg as Kivell counts the pinfall.

ONE-KICKOUT!

Aecas kicks out with much authority, relocating Manson’s position on the mat with his strength and quickly returning to his feet.

Judge: “I’m not quite sure what Manson was attempting to accomplish there with that pinfall attempt, as he should know that it takes a lot to keep Aecas down.”

Annie: “Exactly, if anything, he’s just going to make Aecas angry.”

Ejiro: “Ooh, and I bet we wouldn’t like Aecas when he’s angry. Grr!”

As Manson returns to his feet to continue the offensive, Duran seems to have taken a long enough break, rising to his feet and coming up behind Manson, giving “Hate Personified” a taste of his own medicine by clubbing him in the back. John wastes no time, immediately throwing right hands into Manson’s solarplexes and midsection, working Manson over with a series of three punches as Aecas is back up. “The Sinner” draws back for the fourth punch, but Aecas blocks it for Manson, grabbing Duran’s arm and bringing John’s head under Aecas’ right arm, as Aecas drops to the mat and brings Duran down with him, hitting a reverse DDT. Aecas simply rolls over onto Duran after that, hooking the leg loosely as Kivell counts.

ONE! Manson recovers from the blows he received from Duran quickly, stomping on the back of Aecas’ head to break the pin.

Judge: “There’s another failed pinfall attempt right there, and I’m not quite sure what the game plan of Manson and Aecas are here.”

Annie: “There wouldn’t be anything wrong with pinning as long as it involved two big-breasted women.”

Ejiro: “…we’ve only been here for a couple of hours and I’m already sick of you, Annie. I can’t imagine how Suicide King managed to deal with Axis.”

Annie: “I love you too.”

Taking advantage of the downed “Sinner,” Manson bends down and brings Duran up by his jet-black hair. However, Duran fights Manson off with a couple of left hands, staggering the Colorado native. Duran takes advantage of Manson’s dazed state, driving a boot into the midsection of the “Hate Machine” and putting him in a front facelock, draping the right arm of Manson over his shoulder. Duran lifts Manson up into the air with ease, placing Manson perpendicular to the mat before falling backwards, dropping Manson down to the mat with a textbook vertical suplex. Once again, a pinfall is attempted as Duran repositions his body into a lateral press, hooking the leg as Kivell swings around to count and Aecas rises to his feet once again, looking a little disturbed.

ONE…

This pinfall is broken, but in a unique way as Aecas bends down, simply lifting Duran up by his hair as Duran grimaces in pain and attempts to break Aecas’ hold onto his hair.

Annie: “Look at the brute strength of Aecas! He looks like he’s about to rip Duran’s head off!”

Ejiro: “Mental, are you going to let Annie take over the play-by-play?”

Judge: “If she ever gets better than me at it. However, that means that we could be here all night.”

Ejiro: “Ha HA!”

Aecas gives Duran a cold stare, continuing to hold onto his hair before turning to his right and simply chucking Duran over the top rope. John tries to save himself by grabbing the top rope but his grip slips and “The Sinner” goes crashing to the outside. Aecas looks ready to go to the outside but Manson is already to his feet, keeping Aecas’ focus in the ring with a blunt forearm to the back.

Judge: “Finally, it looks like we’re about to see some one-on-one action for once!”

Ejiro: “Unfortunately, John Duran is neither of those men! I’m worried about Annie falling asleep on my shoulder and drooling on me!”

Annie: “That’d be the only time I’m drooling over you, trust me.”

Judge: “We get it, Annie. You’re a lesbian.”

Manson keeps Aecas occupied in the ring, connecting with a right hand that doesn’t seem to have much effect on Aecas. Manson follows this up with a left-right combination, but Aecas seems only momentarily stunned. Manson attempts to continue his barrage of punches, but Aecas finally puts a stop to it, blocking a right hand and sending Manson reeling with a right hand of his own. Aecas continues to connect with blow after blow, having a much larger effect on Manson. Finally, Aecas angrily kicks Manson in the stomach, doubling him over and hooking both of Manson’s arms up into the air before falling to the mat, driving Manson face-first into the mat with a double arm DDT.

Ejiro: “What is this? I’m not too sure, but I think we’ve only been seeing DDTs in this match!”

Judge: “Well, my friend, the DDT is certainly a dangerous move, it’s no coincidence that it’s being used in this type of match, where the faster you knock your opponent, or in this case, opponents out, the better.”

Annie: “DDTs are great! A guy having his neck broken is a delight I cannot describe with mere words.”

Instead of going for the pinfall this time around, Aecas simply gets back to his feet, watching Duran on the outside and debating whether or not to go out there and join him as Manson gets to his feet. Duran is up on his feet as well as Aecas turns his back to “The Sinner,” grabbing Manson and whipping him into the ropes opposite of where Duran is located. On the rebound, Manson comes charging back at Aecas as Aecas lifts his BIIIIG boot up into the air, but Manson ducks what could have been a potential beheading, sliding under the boot of Aecas.

SMACK

Unfortunately, Manson’s feet connect with the face of Duran, who was looking to re-enter the ring. The impact of the baseball slide sends Duran crashing into the front of the announce table, his head connect with the edge of the table and knocking him silly.

Annie: “Whoa, Duran is getting a little too close to us right now. Good thing that he won’t be able to use this table for his disposal.”

Judge: “I must say, that was definitely an athletic move on the part of Manson, however. It’s moves like that that are going to give him the victory in a match like this against two powerful men in John Duran and Aecas.”

Aecas seems immensely surprised at the absence of Manson from the mat, turning around and seeing Manson once again coming at him. However, Aecas is quick to react, grabbing Manson before he can attempt anything and lifting him up into the air quickly before driving “The Hate Machine” down with a vicious spinebuster that shakes the ring, the crowd cheering their praise of Aecas as Manson looks to be in a bad way following that move. Aecas uses his positioning near Manson’s legs to his advantage, lifting them both up, the crowd continuing to cheer in anticipation of Aecas’ next move.

Judge: “It looks like we’re about to see the technical side of Aecas right here. Though most think of Aecas as power-based, he can still whip out a surprise submission here and there.”

Annie: “That’s what you have to respect about Aecas, he can get it done from two aspects of the game.”

Aecas turns Manson over onto his stomach, keeping a hold of Manson’s legs and putting a foot on either side of Manson before leaning back and locking in the Boston crab.

Ejiro: “Oh come on, Manson, you can do this! Reach for the ropes!”

Judge: “Sure enough, Manson is more than close enough to reach the ropes here and break this submission hold, but after that brutal spinebuster, can he muster up the energy to make the big reach for it?”

Annie: “It certainly doesn’t help when you’ve got a 315 pounder on top of you!”

Ejiro: “I’m sure you’ve been in that situation plenty of times, Annie.”

Manson does not seem quite ready to be done, as he seems to be willing to fight off this submission, looking for the ropes and trying to get them with all the effort in his body. Duran gets to his feet as Manson misses his first attempt at the ropes. Duran seems just *slightly* angry after these chain of events, sliding under the bottom rope and into the ring, unbeknownst to Aecas. Duran dives forward and slams his forearm into the back of Aecas, catching “The Black Angel” by surprise as Duran quickly gets to his feet. Aecas seems on fire, however, and just seems outraged by Duran’s disrespect of the submission hold.

Judge: “Why did he break that submission hold there by Aecas, ‘The Hate Machine’ seemed almost ready to tap!”

Ejiro: “First off, there’s no way Manson was going to tap, and secondly, I think Duran wants a piece of Aecas! We know that Duran can certainly bring the fight, but will Aecas offer the challenge?”

Duran stares Aecas right in the eye and issues his statement:

Duran: “BRING IT, BITCH!”

Some of the crowd act out a Jerry Springer moment and let out an “Ooh,” as Aecas does not look pleased. Duran even throws the first punch for Aecas, slamming his fist into the side of Aecas’ head as Aecas seems much more affected by Duran than he was by Manson. Duran tries his luck again with another right hand, but Aecas stops Duran short again, and quickly comes across with his right hand, slamming it onto the throat of “The Sinner” and stopping any offense from John in its tracks. Aecas quickly lifts Duran up and drops him down to the mat with a chokeslam, and Duran immediately seems to be out of commission.

Annie: “So much for that challenge, huh Fasaki?”

Ejiro: “Duran isn’t out of this one yet.”

Judge: “That’s right, Annie, Duran is still in this match, and he wants this win as much as the other two men.”

Aecas gets that psychotic grin on his face again, much to the approval of the fans, but Manson is up again, going to the right of Aecas and draping his right arm over the shoulder of Aecas, placing his left arm around the back of Aecas and then quickly lifting “The Black Angel” into the air, pivoting to his left and dropping Aecas down to the mat with an Uranage, surprising some of the crowd. Still, Aecas seems ready for more, quickly getting up onto all fours, as Manson reacts quickly, stomping away at Aecas as Aecas begins to rise to his feet.

Annie: “He can’t be put down!”

Judge: “Aecas is too pumped up at this point to be kept down by Manson, but we’ll see what else Manson has up his sleeve.”

Aecas is kneed in the gut, doubled over as Manson runs into the ropes furthest from Manson, Duran continuing to shake out the cobwebs from the chokeslam. On the rebound, Manson charges hard, lifting his leg up quickly and connecting with Aecas’ face, sending him down to the mat with a Yakuza kick. Acting quickly so that Aecas cannot once again reach his feet, Manson flips Aecas over onto his stomach and quickly grabbing Aecas’ right leg, wrenching back on it as Manson locks in the elevated half-crab.

Judge: “HATE BECOMING! He’s going to try and make Aecas tap!”

Annie: “Not going to happen, Judge, too much man for Manson to handle.”

However, Manson drags Aecas as far as he can into the middle of the ring before continuing the submission. Aecas winces in pain, showing the first signs of being human for seemingly this entire match. However, Manson notices that Duran is rising to his feet, keeping his eyes on “The Sinner” as he shakes out the dazed feeling. Duran charges towards Manson, but Manson releases the Hate Becoming to meet John in the ring, as they both trade right hands, the crowd building in excitement as Manson seems revved up for anything. Duran takes an advantage, whipping Manson into the ropes to the left of the downed Aecas. On the rebound, John charges towards Manson and tries to hit a forearm, but Manson ducks under it, going behind Duran and quickly putting him in an inverted facelock, and screaming out as he spins to the right.

BOOM

Judge: “KILLING JOKE! KILLING JOKE! It’s over for Duran!”

Annie: “YES! This is great!”

Ejiro: “NO!”

The crowd explodes with cheers as Manson looks to go for the cover, but Aecas comes out of nowhere, clotheslining Manson in the back of the head viciously sending him to the mat.

Ejiro: “I’VE NEVER BEEN HAPPIER TO SEE AECAS IN MY LIFE!”

Judge: “Aecas has gone psychotic!”

Annie: “Gone? He’s been that way!”

Aecas calls for the end, and the crowd gives a mixed reaction, some of the crowd wanting to see Duran eliminated once and for all, as Aecas brings Manson up by his hair, and puts him in a standing headscissors. Aecas lifts Manson up for a powerbomb, but Manson’s body falls, almost limp, his head now perpendicular to the mat. Aecas jumps and spins to his left.

THUNK

“OHHHHHH!”

Manson’s skull slams into the mat with an amazing amount of force, and slumps to the ground, seemingly lifeless.

Judge: “EXECUTIONER! EXECUTIONER!”

Annie: “What a payback for the Hate Becoming!”

The crowd is still in shock after the Executioner as Aecas falls into a lateral press, not even bothering to hook the leg, confident that he has the match won as Kivell falls to the mat to count the pinfall.

ONE…

TWO…

THREE!

Manson didn’t stand a chance, as the crowd gives Aecas mostly cheers for his elimination of Manson following the Executioner.

Funyon: “MANSON HAS BEEN EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELIMINATED!”

Kivell checks on Manson as Duran remains on the mat, not having moved for a while now. Manson is somehow able to roll out of the ring under his own power as Aecas turns his attention to “The Sinner.” Trying to earn a victory as quickly as possible, Aecas goes over to Duran and actually pins him, hoping that the Killing Joke still has Duran shaken up as Kivell suddenly realizes what Aecas is doing and swings around to count the pinfall.

ONE…

TWO…

KICKOUT!

Annie: “Oh MAN, Aecas almost had this match won right there!”

Judge: “Duran was lucky that Aecas waited that extra second or two to give him that burst of energy to kickout.”

Ejiro: “I knew that Duran had it in him the whole time!”

Aecas seemed to know that he wasn’t going to get the pinfall on Duran, continuing his offensive streak, bringing Duran up to his feet. Aecas flows right into picking Duran up off the ground, possibly for a bodyslam, but Aecas goes to one knee, the shoulder of Duran impacting onto Aecas’ knee as “The Black Angel” connects with the shoulderbreaker, sending Duran to the mat on his back.

Judge: “Simple shoulderbreaker there by Aecas, taking it back to the basics after Manson’s elimination.”

Ejiro: “Ah, simple. Just like Annie’s mind.”

Annie: “You wish you had half the mind that I do, boyo.”

Aecas gets to his feet, grabbing Duran’s legs to possibly go for a Boston Crab, but Duran fights out of it, shifting weight to his legs and pushing Aecas away, snapping to his feet as quickly as possible and stepping up to Aecas, staying within an arm’s length but no less. They both have a staredown and then Aecas makes the first move, slamming his boot into the gut of Duran and sending Duran back a step or two. Duran comes right back and drives his boot into Aecas’ sternum, as Aecas clutches his sides for a moment, doubling over slightly but regaining his composure and going right back to Duran.

Judge: “Look at these two! They haven’t been pumped up for a match like this in awhile, and the adrenaline rushing through their bodies is not letting them feel the usual pain!”

Annie: “Considering Aecas is a tough SOB otherwise, he has to be running on all cylinders right now.”

Aecas angrily boots Duran again in the midsection, sending Duran to one knee before he pops right back up, fuming at this point. Duran once again lifts up his leg to kick at Aecas, but “The Black Angel” is one step ahead of him this time, grabbing Duran’s leg and dragging him over to Aecas, hooking his left arm under the outstretched right leg and wrapping his right arm around Duran’s head, bending it down and leaving him with nowhere to go. Aecas pivots to the left, bringing “The Sinner” with him and sending him crashing to the mat with a capture suplex that gets the crowd on its feet in appreciaton.

Judge: “An impressive exchange of blows from both men ends in a beautiful leg capture suplex from Aecas! Wait, Aecas is going for the cover right now, we might just have ourselves a new SJL World Champion right here!”

Aecas hooks the leg as Kivell falls to the mat to count.

ONE…

TWO…

NOOOO! Duran gets the shoulder up!

Ejiro: “Count a little bit faster, I couldn’t tell how biased you were to Aecas!”

Annie: “Oh shut the hell up, Ejiro, you know Kivell is unbiased.”

Aecas gets up, and goes to the corner furthest away from Duran, crouching down with a psychotic grin spreading across his face, taunting Duran and telling him to get up, which Duran does, albeit rather slowly, using the ropes for a little leverage to pull himself up after being knocked silly from that leg capture suplex.

Judge: “This certainly does not look good for Duran; it looks like Aecas is about ready to unload that gore of his, and if it connects this match might be over!”

Annie: “Oh, it’s over alright, Judge. No way is John going to be able to get out of this sticky situation.”

Duran, dazed, turns around to possibly face his end in this match, as a 315-pound bull named Aecas comes charging towards Duran, running at full speed and looking ready to convert all that momentum into pain. However, Duran realizes the danger he is in and literally dives out of the way, in a moment that seems almost taken from Hollywood. Aecas has no chance of stopping his momentum, and with no body to stop him, Aecas goes sailing towards the ring post.

THUNK

“OHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

Aecas’ shoulder makes a sick sound as it collides with the ring post, Duran regaining his cool after a brush with Aecas’ Gore. “The Black Angel” seems frozen in time, not having moved from his position after smashing his shoulder into the ringpost. “The Sinner” goes to the same corner once occupied by Aecas before he relocated himself into the opposite turnbuckle, waiting for Aecas to turn around.

Ejiro: “I hope Aecas is paying attention, because I think it’s time Duran shows him how a Gore is done!”

Judge: “If he gets a nice running start, then there’s no telling what damage that this can do to Aecas.”

Aecas is stunned as he comes out of the corner, and a hyped up Duran is quick on the draw and takes off as soon as he sees Aecas’ body pivot to the right. Aecas sees a flash of John as his shoulder drives into Aecas’ midsection, immediately sending Aecas’ back into the turnbuckle with an amazing amount of ferocity, snapping Aecas’ head back violently.

“OOOH!”

The crowd appreciates the violence from Duran, but not Duran himself as he gets booed after the move. “The Sinner” gives no time for Aecas to recover, however, immediately going to work on John and blasting the body of Aecas with rights and left hands, hard, stiff punches that work over the body of “The Black Angel.”

Ejiro: “Look at Duran go! Woohoo! Finally, something to cheer about!”

Annie: “I don’t see any big breasted women in leather.”

Judge: “You’re fired, Annie.”

After firing three punches from each hand, Duran finally decides to bring Aecas out of the corner—by putting him in a standing headscissors, grabbing a handful of Aecas’ tights and lifting Aecas up into the air. Aecas is dropped on his head with a thump from the piledriver as he drops to the side of Duran. Duran rolls to his side, hooking the leg nice and tight as Kivell counts the pinfall.

ONE…

TWO…

T-KICKOUT!

Judge: “Duran and Aecas are just battling it out like two Roman gladiators; they’re throwing out everything they’ve got here tonight, because they know this is a unique chance to say that they’re number one.”

Ejiro: “If the old cliché is that someone is giving 110%, Duran is giving 210%.”

Annie: “Still isn’t enough to put Aecas down, is it Ejiro?”

Duran isn’t close to stopping, however, bringing Aecas right back to his feet and grabbing Aecas’ right arm, whipping “The Black Angel” into the ropes. On the rebound, “The Sinner” bends down to grab Aecas, possibly for a powerslam. Aecas lifts up his big right boot, however, smashing it into Duran’s head with authority, almost kicking John’s head in as Duran crumples to the mat.

Annie: “Look at that counter from Aecas! The tables have turned!”

Judge: “That boot from Aecas did not look to be very well off planted in Duran’s head; I think John might be a little bit more than stunned.”

Duran rolls around on the mat in agony, as Aecas leans down and keeps the pressure on Duran, bringing him to his feet—well, at least trying too, before Duran stumbles, dazed, right into a standing headscissors from “The Black Angel.” Aecas wraps his arms around the waist of the Midwestern man, lifting Duran up into the air and driving him down with a powerbomb but not unlocking his hands, keeping them wrapped around the waist of “The Sinner.” In an impressive showing of strength, Aecas lifts Duran up into the air once again, dropping him to the mat with a thud and unlocking the hands this time to complete a series of two thunderous powerbombs.

Judge: “You have to wonder just how much punishment Duran can take before he finally gives in, because right now, it looks like the title belongs to Aecas.”

Ejiro: “No way, Judge. Here’s the problem, Duran just won’t be shut down, and Aecas needs to learn to deal with that.”

Aecas drops to the mat and hooks the leg, as he goes for the pinfall once again.

ONE…

TWO…

THREENOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODURAN KICKS OUT!

The crowd groans in disbelief as Duran somehow manages to kick himself out of the pin, and Aecas looks frustrated, but it’s possible that that’s a mix of frustration and his psychotic nature.

Ejiro: “What can Aecas do now? He’s pretty much exhausted his offense here against Duran!”

Judge: “Don’t count him out just yet.”

Aecas seems to get some sort of an idea, pointing to the top turnbuckle and beginning to bring Duran to his feet as some members of the crowd rise in anticipation for what is to come. Aecas grabs Duran by the arm and whips him into the turnbuckle that he pointed to--*HARD*--almost calling his shot like Babe Ruth. Aecas approaches Duran in the corner, bending down and picking Duran up to place him on the top turnbuckle. Aecas scales up two levels to the middle rope himself, putting Duran in a front facelock and draping his right arm over his shoulder.

Annie: “SUPERPLEX! He’s going for a superplex!”

The crowd’s cheers rise in volume as Aecas lifts Duran off the top turnbuckle and into the air, as the hangtime is amazing.

CRASH

Both men fall to a heap on the mat, and Duran looks to be out like a bad Christmas light. Aecas seems to have been affected by the impact of the move as well, however, and is not very quick to make a pin on “The Sinner.”

Annie: “Pin him, Aecas!”

Ejiro: “Keep stalling! You’re too hurt, Aecas!”

Judge: “Both men are down! Can Aecas cover Duran in time, because if he can, this match is over!”

Aecas crawls over OH-so-slowly to Duran, draping his arm across the chest of John as Kivell hits the mat quickly to count the pinfall, the crowd chanting along.

ONE…

TWO…

THREE! HE GOT HIM—NO! NO HE DIDN’T!

Kivell signals to the timekeeper that it was only a two count, and the crowd simply can’t believe it. Some of them even begin to boo the referee’s decision in this manner, but the match continues.

Judge: “Both of these men have just been battling it out ever since Manson was eliminated, for every big move, it has been answered with another, and neither man will go down!”

Annie: “It’s like sex though, Judge, somebody has to go down eventually.”

Ejiro: “…Are you DONE?”

Aecas gets to his feet first, and Duran is nowhere to be found but down on the ground, as Aecas once AGAIN points to the top turnbuckle!

Ejiro: “Oh, this cannot be a good sign.”

Judge: “What exactly is Aecas planning to do now? Could this be As Darkness Falls, or is Aecas ready to bust out something new to show off to us all here tonight?”

Aecas turns his back to Duran, who begins to climb to the top turnbuckle. Suddenly, the crowd explodes into boos at something: Duran has risen to his feet and is charging towards Aecas. “The Sinner” nails Aecas, taking out his legs from under him, and Aecas falls onto the top turnbuckle, straddling it and feeling the pain in his family jewels.

Ejiro: “Oh man, he was playing possum! Aecas just took too long to get to that top rope to pull off this move, as Duran is back! He’s going to capitalize on this opportunity now, I can just feel it.”

Annie: “NO! It can’t be over, not like this!”

Aecas still has his back turned to Duran, and John keeps it that way as he wraps his arm around the head of Aecas, draping Aecas across his shoulders but not yet releasing the wait of the Englishman. Finally, Duran summons all of his remaining strength and lifts Aecas off the top turnbuckle, climbing into the middle of the ring with Aecas in some sort of torture rack position.

Judge: “He’s going for the—“

Ejiro: “BLUNT FORCE TRAUMA! IT’S OVER!”

Annie: “Fight out of it, Aecas!”

Sure enough, Aecas is doing his best to stop this move, but Duran will have none of it, swinging Aecas’ body around and dropping down flat to the mat, sending Aecas down with him with the Blunt Force Trauma as Aecas’ head bounces off the shoulder blade of Duran. The crowd seems to very much dislike this turn of events as Duran almost seems cocky in his cover, not refusing to hook the leg, however as Kivell counts.

ONE…

TWO…

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~!

Ejiro: “YES! YES YES YES YES!”

Kivell pops to his feet and calls for the bell.

*DING DING DING*

“Sinner” blares throughout the arena as the crowd seems bummed out.

Ejiro: “We’ve got a new champion! New champion!”

Annie: “No! What happened?”

Kivell receives the belt from Funyon as Kivell goes over to Duran to hand it to him.

Funyon: “Here is your winner, and NEEEEEEEEEEEEEW ESS-JAY-EL HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORLD, JOHN DURAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!”

Streamers and balloons fall from the sky, and the crowd can’t believe this celebration as Aecas is still out on the mat from the Blunt Force Trauma, the fans immediately popping the balloons in disgust as soon as possible.

Annie: “Raynor must have paid for this. Damn him. And damn John Duran!”

Ejiro: “You’re damning the man then, Annie, because that man in the ring is the man, he is the #1 person in this company, and there isn’t a thing anyone can do about it right now! This is Duran’s time in the sun!”

The streamers and balloons fill the ring as the rest of the Urban Decay come on down to the ring, all with smug looks on their face as they bat balloons into the crowd.

Ejiro: “Woohoo, we’re having a party tonight! We’ve got a new SJL Champion, and it’s someone to be proud of!”

Judge: “Duran certainly earned it, he gave it all tonight, and so did Aecas and Manson, Duran just took that extra step and now he’s the king of the hill.”

Dominic Korgath, Chris Trepanier, English Dragon and Scott Solomon all celebrate with Duran as “The Sinner” raises the title high in the air, proud of his achievements after rising to the top in a relatively short time.

Ejiro: “A new reign has begun!”

Judge: “And that’s all the time we have for this week folks, come on back for Crimson on Thursday, for Annie Eclectic and Ejiro Fasaki, this is the Judge, wishing you all a happy rest of Sunday night! Good night, everybody!”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

© 2003 Smartmarks Junior League

http://www.theswf.net

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Guest Thoth

Great stuff, congrats to Duran. The tag match was real close. Crimson card soon.