TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JustJoe2k5

MOTYC so far.

Guest Choken One

Justin Dudley? Ah Poor Guy.

I am sick of people telling people what to like and what not to like. (although I've been guilty of commiting the crime)...

It's really fucking elitish for someone to act holier then Thou because they don't think a match or any sort of product is as good as some one else might think

Guest BionicRedneck
Oh but I guess the BionicRedneck ***** standard is what every person on the board should look at right

Who said that? I simply asked wether you though Rock/Austin was great too. I was just assuming that you would be emotionally pulled into that match too, as Austin was taking the same risks as Angle. Not an Austin fan?

Guest EternallyLazy
where did he say *****?

< Refuses to believe such a statement was uttered

I thought it was a great match, but I dont think I've spoken to a single person that would rate it 5 stars... of course, as I said in the above post, everyone has an opinion, but 5 stars... I would have to hear a really good argument to justify that.

Shawn/HHH I can kind of agree with because of the emotion involved in it... because going in I didnt think Shawn would throw his back into that much danger

Guest EternallyLazy
Oh but I guess the BionicRedneck ***** standard is what every person on the board should look at right

Who said that? I simply asked wether you though Rock/Austin was great too. I was just assuming that you would be emotionally pulled into that match too, as Austin was taking the same risks as Angle. Not an Austin fan?

Yes, I am an Austin fan, but I think that Angle's condition was a little more severe than Austin's. Angle was going into neck surgery immediatly after the match. I loved Angle/Brock. I thought it was great technically and emotionally. Once again, thats just how I see it.

And yes, I did like Austin/Rock from Mania as well. Match of the Year?? No not really. But good none the less. I knew that Austin was in pretty bad shape but I did not believe at the time that Austin's condition was nearly as bad as Angles. Infact, correct me if I'm wrong (I may be) but didnt Austin's condition come out after mania??

Guest BionicRedneck
Infact, correct me if I'm wrong (I may be) but didnt Austin's condition come out after mania??

Maybe. I don't really remember.

Guest Choken One

Austin went in with a potential career ending injury...

He knew going into the match it was his last match

Guest EternallyLazy

But anyway... WWE match of the year for me is still Benoit/Angle RR '03, followed by the second Tajiri/Eddie vs. Benjamin/Haas match. I haven't seen any of the matches from last night ppv yet.

Guest Retro Rob

This is PPV only because SD! has had so many great matches, but they are all just a blur in my memory.

1. Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit (Rumble)

2. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jeirhco (XIX)

3. Haas/Benjamin vs. Mysterio/Kidman (Vengeance)

4. Brock Lesnar vs. Kurt Angle (XIX)

5. Brock Lesnar vs. Kurt Angle vs. Big Show (Vengeance)

I missed last night's opener, so I can't fairly place it on the list.

Guest eiker_ir
Shawn/Jericho is easily WWE MOTY. It just reeked of WrestleMania magic. Wrong guy won, though.

i completely agree with that, HBK vs. Jericho is my favorite match this year.

2nd place is Angle vs. Benoit at RR 2003.

other great matches this year:

- Eddie & Tajiri vs. Team Angle on numerous occasions.

- Matt Hardy vs. Mysterio, wehn Rey won the title.

- Lesnar vs. Angle - WM 19

- Benoit vs. Eddie - Vengeance

- Rey/kidman vs. TWGTT - Vengeance

- Angle vs. Rey - this was a little match in January that i really enjiyed on SmackDown!

Guest BionicRedneck

I personally thought last nights main was average at best. It was a total spotfest, Angle/Show were blown-up and the finish sucked.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Is this board incapable of objectivity? Even in the slightest?

RRR: Knows what's good. Knows what entertains him. Knows that what might entertain him might not be good.

Guest Choken One

So your saying pretty much exactly what I fucking said a few posts up?

Guest Retro Rob

The problem this year is that the "best" matches really haven't been that great besides Angle-Benoit, which is why stuff like Lesnar-Angle and Shawn-Jericho are so high on everyone's list. There is nothing else to put next to Angle-Benoit that even comes close in touching it, so you have a large dropoff between the first and second best matches of the year no matter which you pick.

Guest Choken One

38 minutes isn't an Ironman

Yeah rumble was **** until Jamal came out.

Guest Retro Rob

Forget Jericho, what about Matt Hardy as the SmackDown Ironman. I don't give a fuck how long he lasted. Shannon's constant interference was the highlight of a good, but predicatable match.

Definition in Royal Rumble Terms: IronMan: Person who lasts the longest in the Royal Rumble, even if doesn't win it. See: Kane, Ric Flair, Rick Martel, Ted DiBiase, Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho

Guest Choken One

Definition in Royal Rumble Terms: IronMan: Person who lasts the longest in the Royal Rumble, even if doesn't win it. See: Kane, Ric Flair, Rick Martel, Ted DiBiase, Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho

MY DEF. Means someone that lasts an Long time...45+ is the minimum for Iron Man Status.

Guest the pinjockey

I would put the Rumble on the list until the final 4 became hoss-a-palooza. Once Jericho left there was no drama, thus killing off the match.

MY DEF. Means someone that lasts an Long time...45+ is the minimum for Iron Man Status.

Weird...DiBiase in 1990 lasted about 35 minutes, and he was considered the Iron Man of that Royal Rumble.

*shrug*

Guest Choken One
Did you even read what I said?

Yeah You pretty much said

"What I like is what I like even if you don't like it"

Guest Retro Rob

I think what he said was, just because something entertained me doesn't necessarily mean it was a technical masterpiece and thus should not be considered a MOTYC based purely on the fact that I marked out. Or whatever other reason like, so and so went in injured.

Guest eiker_ir

the Rumble was great and pretty entertaining. At least the first 3/4 of it, a little bit after Jericho was eliminated was that it got boring. And the final four was pretty pathetic.

Guest Choken One
the Rumble was great and pretty entertaining. At least the first 3/4 of it, a little bit after Jericho was eliminated was that it got boring. And the final four was pretty pathetic.

Just about every final four has a clunker OR someone who had NO right to be there

Guest Anglesault
Then they come out with "Kurt Angle has never had a bad match" (I eagerly await an Angle fanboy to ask me to name a bad Kurt Angle match,

All three Angle/HHH PPV matches were bad, the third was awful.

Angle/Hogan was bad, but it's been forgiven because Hogan tapped.

The second Angle/Kane match wasn't very good at all.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

That's not what you said.

You said people shouldn't tell other people what is good. I said that I know what's good, I just can't tell people what entertains them.

Just about every final four has a clunker OR someone who had NO right to be there

Let's see if that theory holds out.

I'll list the final four from Each Rumble.

1988: Jim Duggan, One Man Gang, Dino Bravo, Don Muraco

1989: Big John Studd, Ted DiBiase, Akeem, Rick Martel

1990: Hulk Hogan, Mr. Perfect, "Ravishing" Rick Rude, Hercules

1991: Hulk Hogan, Earthquake, Brian Knobs, British Bulldog

1992: Ric Flair, Sid Justice, Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage

1993: Yokozuna, Randy Savage, Bob Backlund, Rick Martel

1994: Lex Luger, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Fatu

1995: Shawn Michaels, British Bulldog, Crush, Lex Luger

1996: Shawn Michaels, Diesel, Kama, British Bulldog

1997: Steve Austin, Bret Hart, Diesel 2, Undertaker

1998: Steve Austin, The Rock, Faarooq, Dude Love

1999: Vince McMahon, Steve Austin, Big Bossman, D'Lo Brown