TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Astro101

Official Preview for 7/30

RAVEN & THE GATHERING VS SHANE DOUGLAS & THE NEW CHURCH (With James Mitchell)

CLOCKWORK ORANGE HOUSE OF FUN MATCH

Raven will be looking to get revenge on Shane Douglas & The New Church and he's going to get that chance in a match that he invented...the Clockwork Orange House of Fun. Weapons will be hanging around the ring and when the bell rings the fun begins!

JEFF JARRETT VS LEGEND

DOUBLE POLE MATCH

These two have battled each other all over the Asylum in recent weeks. The outcome of those encounters usually involved a baseball bat or a guitar. This week Jeff Jarrett and Legend face off in a match that will see their weapons hanging on poles on opposite sides of the ring. One pole will have Jarrett's guitar at the top, and the other pole will have Legend's baseball bat.

CHRIS SABIN VS MICHAEL SHANE

X TITLE MATCH

Chris Sabin puts the X Title on the line against Michael Shane. Shane may not be a familiar face to TNA fans, but he has established a strong track record on the independent scene and he definitely has wrestling in his blood -- he's Shawn Michaels' cousin.

RICKY MORTON VS KID KASH

SPECIAL CHALLENGE MATCH

Ricky Morton has issued a special challenge to Kid Kash based on what happened last week during the ceremony to honor Morton and other legends. Morton is one of the most decorated champions in NWA history having held the NWA World Tag Titles on multiple occassions with Robert Gibson, but he is also quite familiar with Kid Kash -- he trained him. This one will be more than just teacher vs pupil, Kash disrespected Morton and the other legends last week and Ricky Morton wants to teach Kash a lesson about respect.

SIT DOWN INTERVIEW - VINCE RUSSO

He's one of the most controversial men in the wrestling business, and he sits down for a candid exchange with Mike Tenay to talk about his views on the state of the industry. Tenay and Russo aren't exactly pals, so this interview should be an interesting one!

ALSO ON THE SHOW:

D-LO Brown and AJ Styles competed last week in a brutal series of matches that ended in controversial fashion. This week we'll have comments from all the participants, including TNA Senior Referee Rudy Charles.

America's Most Wanted kept their tag title belts last week when Diamond & Swinger were disqualified, but they paid a heavy price. Chris Harris and James Storm were brutally whipped with leather straps. Diamond & Swinger are scheduled to appear on this week's show, and AMW will be looking to make them pay for what they did last week.

Shark Boy has been moping around the last couple of week looking like he's lost his best friend. He's back this week and will be looking for a new friend.

All this and much more, this Wednesday night...only on pay-per-view. Find out what Total Nonstop Action is all about!

----------------------------------------------------

This looks meh. At least they could've built up more of Morton and Kash. X match should be good. COHOF match should be a nice brawl. And Shark Boy with a new friend???

Guest CoreyLazarus416

...know who I would actually love to see a shoot interview with (if it doesn't already exist)? Vinnie Ru.

Guest Slapnuts00

groan. Russo yapping for 20 minutes about things from 6 years ago that were all his idea and how he's been censored and treated unfairly since. Great.

Guest HHH123007
Shark Boy has been moping around the last couple of week looking like he's lost his best friend. He's back this week and will be looking for a new friend.

:lol:

They should just center the whole show around that.

Guest Space_Cowboy

Eh, doesn't look that good. Sabin/Shane might be good though, and Shark Boy segments are always fun.

Kash/Morton????? The only good thing that can come out of this match is Abyss utterly destroying Morton to get him over more. They seriously need to get a new feud for Kash, because Watts is a great background character, but specifically Watts/Kash? Nah.

Clockwork Orange match should be good, same with Sabin/Shane. I wish TNA could debut Shane as a heel, because he's just the perfect cocky asshole.

Jarrett/Legend will be nothing.

The Shark Boy segment(s) should be funny, and adding him 3 Live Crew may be good for a few laughs.

Guest BoboBrazil

Atleast it looks like they got rid of Kazarian :headbang: Isn't this going to be like the 2nd or 3rd time Russo has done an interview with Tenay? I remember atleast one other one. Are they done using New Jack? Why is Shark Boy looking for a new partner? From what I've seen of Michael Shane he seems more like a heavyweight competitor than a X division wrestler. I haven't see him do anything particularly impressive the few times I have seen him. I would much rather see Juventud or Super Crazy brought back in. Jarrett/Legend will be the main focus of the show again I'm sure, even though noone gives a fuck. Supposedly CM Punk won't be at the show so it will be interesting to see who they get to fill his spot. I guess Mr. Wrestling #08403084 or whoever the fuck was behind the curtain last week will interfere to give New Church the win. There has to be something coming out of that stupid finish to Dlo/AJ last week. Elix Skipper has to continue his open challenge. Mad Mikey will probably get promo time and a match. I would say against Red, but they seem to have Mikey as a face. Kash vs Morton could have been interesting storyline wise if they would have built it up more, but I don't really want to see Morton wrestle. They've only announced 4 matches, so they should be able to add about 3 more.

Guest Raven_Effect01
Supposedly CM Punk won't be at the show so it will be interesting to see who they get to fill his spot.

Alexis Laree? It did say The Gathering. I wonder how that's going to affect the match-up, unless she'll be in a Lita-type role where she'll just jump off the top rope and tornado DDT some of the opponents.

Guest The Decadent Slacker

Kash/MORTON?! Jesus. You know this will have to lead to RNRs/Abyss & Kash, which will suck. I love Kash (he's for my little money the best heel in nationally televised wrestling today), Abyss is cool, but no good can come from this. Just give Kash a feud with Lynn now, for god's sake.

Russo talking? Eh, if it hasn't been said over & over & over it might be interesting.

Shark Boy's new friend...am i the only one who would LOVE Sharky trying to get into the Gathering? Won't happen, but still. Anyway, as long as it's someone...unexpected (Watts, Kash, Callis, etc.) it'll rule. Something inside me wants to have at least one Dusty/Sharky segment. Tiddlywinks anyone, if you weeeelll.

Guest Zack Malibu

I'm calling a Shark Boy/Mad Mikey duo, which could work both for entertainment and workrate value.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Ok...

so it appears from this that New Jack is gone.

Also...Don Callis seems to have shifted roles and Edward Chastain wasn't on last week...nor is mentioned this week.

Sandman has been gone for 2 weeks and is also not mentioned.

Did they actually realize how bad the hardcore stuff was?

I'll admit I'm sad to see the end of New Jack/Shark Boy. But it doesn't make sense to pay New Jack to come in and not wrestle...and I certainly don't want him to wrestle.

Hopefully they find Shark Boy a good match (although replacing someone with justifiable homicides may prove difficult).

It's a shame that Abyss is stuck doing nothing while they try to figure out how to use Kid Kash...

I could see an Abyss Shark Boy team where no one ever spoke...and it was still really funny.

I wish I could remember what interview with who it was...but I read that hardcore matches will still be happening.

Hopefully, they scraped the idea after that interview.

Sharkboy/Abyss would be awesome!

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I read that too, but that was around the week that they gave Sandman his trophy and he was attacked by Chastain.

It seems like they've dropped it for now.

At least I hope.

Guest oldschoolwrestling

Russo only puts himself on camera to get young talent over. At least thats what he said the other day.

*Shark Boy walks up to Abyss and shows him that Sharky has "Guess Who". Abyss takes the box and destroys it. After a beat, Shark Boy shakes his head in disappointment and walks off.*

.... That could work.

Guest The Decadent Slacker

2 words: Battle. Ship.

I think Abyss should be used as the psychotic madman who answers only to Kash, personally. They NEED to be in the upper midcard. Since D-Lo & Styles are pretty much done, send him to Kash/Abyss.

Sharky needs someone completely different. Mikey is too easy. Douglas could be interesting. I still say him trying to hang out with Raven & the Gathering has some potential: he trys for a few weeks, with all of them telling him to piss off save Julio, who becomes his friend. Eventually, he gets a tryout & get "in" (Raven could care less, as do Punk & Alexis). It could have almost a McMahon/Mankind relationship with Sharky & Raven: Raven hates him, but manipulates him. The only thing that could make it better, imo, is Sharky getting a crush on Alexis.