TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LucharesuFan619

MLW News: Sonjay Dutt signs...

ST. PETERSBURG, FLORIDA) - - MLW is proud to announce the debut of "The Original Playa' From The Himilaya" Sonjay Dutt for its marquee summer show entitled Summer Apocalypse when MLW makes its way to the Coliseum located at 535 4th Ave N, in St. Petersburg, FL with a bell time of 7:30 PM with a show to not be missed. MLW will take fighting spirit to the underground when it sets a new standard in violence with its brand of hybrid wrestling with an event not to be missed on August 22nd.

Tickets are now on sale online at: http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/864566 via charge-by-phone at: (727) 892-5202, and at all Ticketmaster outlets throughout Florida. Tickets start at just $10!

--------------------------------------------------

MLW BACKSTAGE REPORT FOR JULY 31

by Andy Vineberg

Well, I’m back from Hybrid Hell in Orlando, Florida and I must say I was very pleased with the show and hope MLW entertained the hell out of all of you! I met so may people at this show and I want to thank you all again for your continued support of MLW and your interest in the Backstage Report.

There are several people I’d like to thank for all their help before I get into everything. The promoting efforts of Dan Kowal and the street team were superb as always. We appreciate everything you guys do for us! Matt Lare – you are the man and thanks for making all of us feel at home. Tommy Borho for all that he does for us backstage, Nick Ruotollo– our timekeeper is doing awesome for us, Charlie and Ken are the greatest cameramen in the world and we thank you guys as well. Anyone, I forgot….thanks for your support and help!

Homicide and Jerry Lynn put on a pure 26 minute wrestling bout in Orlando. Homicide got the best of Jerry this time in the young Lions Challenge but you can bet Jerry will be more than prepared in St. Petersburg. Homicide did some awesome promos that you’ll be witnessing in the coming weeks on the Underground. He is such a talented young superstar and is really making a name for himself in this sport and in MLW Hybrid Wrestling.

It’s so great to see Sinister Minister and Mikey Whipwreck back together again – Their chemistry is something very special and really makes for some great TV as well.

If you look up the word professionalism in the dictionary you should see a picture of Doctor Death Steve Williams. Doc has so much heart for wrestling and will do whatever it takes to make MLW a sure success. He’s an awesome athlete and the older he gets, the tougher he gets. MLW is so thankful that we have the Doc in the house!

Samu is another individual MLW is thankful to have. Samu is truly an asset to us during the event and serves as a locker room enforcer. Not to mention, he had a heck of a match with his partner Eki (the former Jamal of WWE's 3 Minutes) and went to the limit with Da Hit Squad. In St. Pete they have a rematch scheduled in a falls count anywhere in the building encounter. You are sure to see some Tea Bagging in this one... heck, maybe even on the seat next to yours!

MLW and its matchmaker are heavily weighing actions against World Heavyweight Champion Steve Corino for his hanging of Terry Funk in Orlando, FL. That went above and beyond the normal level of conduct for fighters and risked both Funk's health and a potential riot by the fans in Orlando.

You think the Super Bowl champs, Tampa Bay Buccaneers are over in Tampa/St. Petersburg? Wait until "Black Magic" Norman Smiley enters the ring. Smiley is so over!!! He’s such an entertaining wrestler and extremely talented as well. He’s a first class guy and it’s always a pleasure when the Wiggle comes to town.

Terry Funk and Steve Corino really have some feud going on. As you heard this week, it’s getting more intense as Corino is sending Jerry "the King" Lawler as his next Bounty Hunter to our next event. Funk wants more than anything to get his hands on Corino and win the MLW gold. Will he get that shot? Only time will tell.

Summer Apocalypse, the title of our next show in St. Petersburg on Aug 22nd will be a wild one for sure. Funk vs. King Lawler – what more can I say. These two have had a long and bitter feud that goes back over 2 decades and Corino figures if anyone can take out Funk…it’s the King himself, Jerry Lawler. A spike match has been signed where the steel spike that took down Christopher Daniels for nearly two months will be in play when the Fallen Angel and Sabu meet one-on-one. I can’t wait until the intergender match when Norman Smiley and GI Ho take on Michael Shane and Francine. Francine and the nephew of HBK Michael Shane (yes, he insists on me calling him that even in the reports) are training extra hard for this one.

Punk has also challenged Raven to a straight edge rules match. What are those rules? Punk isn't saying... yet.

There's also Homicide vs. Lynn in the Young Lions Challenge 2, the Global Tag-Team Crown title match, and so much more. We'll cover it all a bit more extensively as we get closer to the big summer showdown in a few weeks.

Tickets are now on sale online at:http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/864566 via charge-by-phone at: (727) 892-5202, and at all Ticketmaster outlets throughout Florida. Tickets start at just $10! Be sure to get yours today.

The feeling of Summer Apocalypse is very similar to last September's Reload event with the buzz and stellar matches. Everyone is talking about this one and I too am anticipating this show very much. How can you not be when the King himself, Jerry Lawler is on his way to do battle with Terry Funk. And the chatter about some very interesting international names on their way in for the event. Who? Stay tuned.

Rich Criado made a very impressive debut last week. He worked two matches and the guy has the mouth of Jim Cornette with the arsenal of someone from Michinoku Pro Wrestling. The Perfect Creation surly made a name for himself last weekend in Orlando. Fans at the show were very impressed with this young grappler. For those looking for more on this MLW newcomer, you may want to check out some of his work for Carlos Colon's WWC Puerto Rico group in the late 1990s when he toured with their office.

The May 9 Revolutions, June 20 Hybrid Hell: Barbed Wired at the Beach!, and July 26 Rise of the Renegades: 2 at Tabu shows will all be available on VHS at the August 22nd show in St. Petersburg for just $20 each! All three were tremendous shows. Be sure to get your copies of MLW at its best!

TV for next week will hot for sure: Corino vs. Awesome for the title, DHS vs. Samoans, and CW Anderson vs. Doc Death Steve Williams. I guarantee you this will be more entertaining than any other wrestling program on TV next Monday night.

MLW is currently scouting several outstanding young heavy and junior heavyweights. Look for some new top talent on its way soon!

Sonjay Dutt's entrance into Hybrid Wrestling is near as he makes his debut for MLW on Aug 22nd. I saw a tape of Sonjay last year and knew he was tremendous then and is leagues better now. MLW fans are really going to enjoy seeing Sonjay in action.

Jonathan Figuero and Veronica Carrejo have both been let go by MLW.

We expect Taiyo Kea back in December or January. He's been adding a great deal of muscle to his physique and is up to 270 lbs. Expect the Sun Devil to make a big impact in MLW Hybrid Wrestling when he returns.

PJ Friedman had corrective orbital surgery today in Manhattan to further repair damage to his eye. He is still in extensive physical therapy for his shoulder and has yet to regain full mobility in his arm. The outlook on a return is not very bright at this point. Nonetheless, the cordial one continues to show his dedication to MLW by coming out to each event showing his support for us.

Thanks to wrestletalklive.com crew for stopping by the show in Orlando.

Guys, if ya get a chance be sure to check out GI Ho’s website atwww.hardcoreho.com. You’ll thank me you did,

Also check out the interview I did on www.MLWZone.cjb.net. I discuss MLW, Extreme Horsemen, Funk, and so much more. It’s a good read.

The Maximos are calling out every team in the world and how it should be very interesting to see who answers this challenge come August 22nd. In fact, we may know very soon.

For 2 great MLW message boards, check out:http://pub56.ezboard.com/bmlwzone and http://www.mlwfan.com/talkback.

CM Punk is currently on tour in Japan for the critically acclaimed Zero-One promotion and we've heard nothing but rave reviews of his matches. Congrats to the Chicago elitist!

MLW has come to terms with a top heavyweight who will becoming a regular in MLW starting September 19th. Who? Stay tuned...

Speaking of new talent coming in, expect a certain world class revolutionary junior heavyweight to make his debut this Fall in MLW Hybrid Wrestling. I am unable to tip off just who yet, but stay tuned to Underground TV in the coming weeks for more details.

Mark down September 22nd. That's the kick off date for the new season for Underground TV.

That’s all for this week. I’m still recovering from O-town – the town that seems to never sleep. Next week, I’ll have a ton more info and gossip from last weekend and have more information about Summer Apocalypse.

Have a great week, my friends and thanks again for all your support of Major League Wrestling,

Andy Vineberg

[email protected]

Guest Nevermortal

Red & Simply Luscious?

Guest Shining Brian

Red & Simply Luscious?

Simply Luscious' real name is Ronnie Stevens I believe

Guest Sandman9000

Good to see Sonjay getting more exposure. He oozes charisma, plain and simple.

And there are many words that could be used to describe Homicide and Jerry Lynn. However, young is not one of them.

Guest JustinCredible2k

Sonjay Dutt. He is kinda under rated as a wrestler. Good to see MLW has signed him.