TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest FeArHaVoC

Another TRL favorite gets booed off stage

Guest SweetNSexyDiva

Ah, so many JT haters. But damn.... if a guy can move like that, I can't even imagine how he could move in the bedroom....... I don't even care if he can sing or not, he can definitely shake that bootie!

Guest Vern Gagne

Why didn't they boo Mick Jagger off the stage. He's the one who invited Timberlake up on stage in the first place.

Guest saturnmark4life

I wonder who actually said 'That would be a very good idea'?

Guest SweetNSexyDiva
This guy could really move in the bedroom then:

jackson_2ap.jpg

Um, yeah.... JT doesn't look like a deformed freak like that either.... I wouldn't hit that for a million!

Guest spiny norman

I think I'd prefer Justin Timberlake to hearing The Rolling Stones do 'Miss You'. They're both stupid pop, but at least Timberlake is bearable. The Stones were beyond terrible by the stage they did 'Miss You'.

Guest Prototype450
Justin is trying to be like Michael Jackson. From the beats, the moves, to the clothes...

Um Usher and Ginuwine try to be like Michael Jackson. I don't see you bashing them...

But whatever man....

Guest La Parka Es Mi Papa
I think I'd prefer Justin Timberlake to hearing The Rolling Stones do 'Miss You'. They're both stupid pop, but at least Timberlake is bearable. The Stones were beyond terrible by the stage they did 'Miss You'.

Shaddup. Miss You is one of my favorite Stones songs.

Guest spiny norman

They were so washed up by then (1978?). They had about half a dozen good songs after Angie, the rest is utter crap.

Miss You falls under the latter section.

Guest Plushy Al Logan
HOLY FUCK!!!

This is the greatest thing ever!

The guy had balls to come out and finish it but fuck him!

"Does happy dance"

::Joins in the ahppy dance::

Fuck Timberlake.

Guest Midnight Express83

Yeah, Trying to be like the BIGGEST ARTIST of all time is a bad thing.

And the whole "He sings, dances, and wants people to have a good time listening to his music makes him a Jacko clone" is stupid because maybe Justin is being, gasp, Justin. And maybe me made an album, gasp, like he wanted it to sound. So people bitch because Nsync is pop. Justin makes a solo album that sounds nothing like any of the songs ever made by Nsync sans Girlfriend, and people bash him for remotely acting like Michael Jackson(his favorite artist and all). Damn people are weird. Not every arist is going to be Pink Floyd. And saying Justin is like McD's is just a slap in the face to his fan base because they like the hip hop sound.

As for the being black thing. Hip Hop culture isn't just a black thing. And liking a music style doesn't make someone "black". Motown is a prime example of "black music" loved by white people that doesn't make whites "black". Hip Hop is another example. "Being Black" is a phrase used by people who try to talk down to someone for like urban music/style. It makes no sense to label it a race.

Guest redbaron51

well musically the beats are nothin like MJ...(i'll retract my earlier statement), but the moves and his style of clothing is almost a direct rip-off of Michael Jackson, and it is pretty noticable.

Guest Vern Gagne

I think the behavior is pretty immature. for what I'm guessing is mostly people 30 years and older. Did any of them think that Mick Jagger, thinks Timberlake is a talented performer? After all why, would he ask him up on stage if he didn't like him.

Guest starvenger
Justin is an good peformer and decent singer but they put him in a horrible element of old 35-45 year old AC/DC Stones fans...

Why was he even there?

It was his "off day" in between his two Toronto shows with Christina Aguilera, so I guess he figured he might as well join in the fun.

Guest Doyo

14 acts (7 solo artists and 7 groups) have sold more albums than Jackson in the USA.

For worldwide sales Pink Floyd, Celine Dion, Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Mariah Carey and

Elvis Presley have sold more.

And saying Justin is like McD's is just a slap in the face to his fan base because they like the hip hop sound.

Justin's music is a slap in the face to the hip hop sound. You take this pure art form that

was invented by people in the inner cities of New York during the 1970's and now today you

get a rich Mickey Mouse club kid dancing around in television commercials for Target.

McDonalds & Justin = unoriginal, simple, easily made, you know what you are getting

Finer Restaurant & say, Public Enemy = original, complex, harder to make, you don't know what to expect

As for the being black thing. Hip Hop culture isn't just a black thing. And liking a music style doesn't make someone "black". Motown is a prime example of "black music" loved by white people that doesn't make whites "black". Hip Hop is another example. "Being Black" is a phrase used by people who try to talk down to someone for like urban music/style. It makes no sense to label it a race.

There is a difference between liking and trying to be. Not too long ago Justin would be on MTV

being interviewed and he would be like "It is cool to be able to go to Europe, hehe!"

Then the next thing you know he is presenting at some awards show and he is like, "Yo dawg,

word up, let's see who is gonna win dis award here." If a Black kid in the ghetto listens to

country music, they would probably get made fun of a little. But if they also walked around with

a cowboy hat and boots on and were saying "howdy y'all" then they would really get made fun of.

Justin has talent for that type of music, he just needs to find his own style. George Michael and

Hall & Oates were both very influenced by R&B, yet they were able to develop their own styles,

even if their music wasn't too complex.

Edited by Doyo

Guest ant_7000

14 acts (7 solo artists and 7 groups) have sold more albums than Jackson in the USA.

For worldwide sales Pink Floyd, Celine Dion, Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Mariah Carey and

Elvis Presley have sold more.

And saying Justin is like McD's is just a slap in the face to his fan base because they like the hip hop sound.

Justin's music is a slap in the face to the hip hop sound. You take this pure art form that

was invented by people in the inner cities of New York during the 1970's and now today you

get a rich Mickey Mouse club kid dancing around in television commercials for Target.

McDonalds & Justin = unoriginal, simple, easily made, you know what you are getting

Finer Restaurant & say, Public Enemy = original, complex, harder to make, you don't know what to expect

There is a difference between liking and trying to be. Not too long ago Justin would be on MTV

being interviewed and he would be like "It is cool to be able to go to Europe, hehe!"

Then the next thing you know he is presenting at some awards show and he is like, "Yo dawg,

word up, let's see who is gonna win dis award here." If a Black kid in the ghetto listens to

country music, they would probably get made fun of a little. But if they also walked around with

a cowboy hat and boots on and were saying "howdy y'all" then they would really get made fun of.

Justin has talent for that type of music, he just needs to find his own style. George Michael and

Hall & Oates were both very influenced by R&B, yet they were able to develop their own styles,

even if their music wasn't too complex.

I agree with Doyo on this one, because JT was with Nsync he was a curly hair clean cut preppy boy, now he's doing R&B he has a goatee, a bald fade, and talks slang with base in his voice, if thats not marketing ploy to attract urban listeners then I don't what the hell it is then. I admit he has talent but to me he's nothing more than a "White Usher" but gets away with it because they both have that MJ influence. Atleast, Jon B (who I think is better than JT) stays true to himself.

Guest NoCalMike

Justin is just another pop star, no more no less. The problem is he makes it worse. He puts on a fishnet hat, and some "wacky" t-shirt, and suddenly he is ready to perform with the rolling stones. He isn't fooling anyone. If he just accepted that he is a pop music star, nothing more, nothing less, then I don't think he would get as much backlash as he does. Just like how every other pop chick like Britney and Christina are throwing up the "metal horns" every chance they get. I just don't get it. I don't wanna ever hear Christina that she is gonna release her "more hard-ROCK edge" song, and then it turns into another "fighter" Nothing says rock about that. If these people just accepted their role as pop acts, more people would leave them alone.

Guest NoCalMike
Ah, so many JT haters.  But damn....  if a guy can move like that, I can't even imagine how he could move in the bedroom.......    I don't even care if he can sing or not, he can definitely shake that bootie!

Women are funny, the wide variety of opinions. When my girlfriend saw the video for "Rock Your Body" for the first time, the first thing that came out of her mouth was, "So, Justin Timberlake is gay I take it?" And this is coming from someone who scarcely knows him, just that he was in a boy band a couple years ago, but she is not a "justn-hater" she just saw him dancing around singing the high notes, and just figured he must be gay" It is just weird how some females are so turned on by some guy prancing around with flashy lights going off, while others, don't find that kind of thing "sexy" at all.

Guest SweetNSexyDiva

well, I do agree that particular video definitely had gay vibe. The funny thing, he's not anywhere near my type... I think Ginuwine is appealing for the same reason... He knows how to work a dance floor and has a pretty face and a nice body!

That's pretty damn funny, heheh. As long as no one was hurt.

Although what's this 35+ crap coming from? Obviously if you think that you've never been to a metal concert in your life. I've been to a couple and seen a shitload of teenagers and 20-somethings.

For Rolling Stone, yeah, likely their audience is older in general. However, AC/DC is classic 80's metal and has a rather broad audience.

I was at the Maiden concert in Pittsburgh last night, Bruce alluded to this but I hadn't heard about it yet--pointed out that metal fans and pop fans are a vastly different breed.

I don't like JT or his music, but he should be intelligent enough to know if he didn't go out there, scream like a motherfucker, play an ax, or anything of that sort, he was going to be crapped on.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
They were so washed up by then (1978?). They had about half a dozen good songs after Angie, the rest is utter crap.

Miss You falls under the latter section.

They did Start Me Up after that. That was one of their best songs.