TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DonWestMark03

Comedy Central Roast of Dennis Leary

Denis' priest was great.

"A priest, a rapist, and a pedophile walk into a bar......and that's the first guy." :lol:

Also, the Fench Poodle doing the rimshots for Denis' dog was a riot. As was his story about Lenny Clarke stealing a bus.

"You just tell the cops that Lenny Fucking Clarke dropped you off, okay?"

Comedians zing each other in EVERY roast, it's not just the guest of honor that gets it.

Guest The Grand Pubah of 1620

Dane Cook was the best of all the roasters. I'm watching it again just so I can hear him crack on Dre and Ed Lover, lmao! :D

Most of them did, Bob.

The song by that girl was fucking ghey, but otherwise it's been funny.

Dane Cook's suggestion for Kiefer was dead on.

"that girl"? you don't know who gina gershon is?

i'd never heard of mario cantone before, but his shit was GREAT. leary's own stuff at the end of the show was great as well.

the rest was pretty uneven. clarke was good, the priest was a lot better than he had any right to be, the dog routine by gottfried was good. that's about it.

Most of them did, Bob.

"that girl"? you don't know who gina gershon is?

i'd never heard of mario cantone before, but his shit was GREAT. leary's own stuff at the end of the show was great as well.

the rest was pretty uneven. clarke was good, the priest was a lot better than he had any right to be, the dog routine by gottfried was good. that's about it.

Mario Cantone plays Anthony on Sex and the City

Funniest person of the night (aside from Leary) was his priest. That's fucking sad.

Christ, people see a few fucking roasts and think their the hottest shit ever. MTV, CC, do us all a big fucking favor: leave the roasts to the people who have a fucking clue how to do them. Even the Friar's Club roasts have fucking sucked ass since CC got their hands on them. You don't fucking need A-list dickhead comedians to do a roast, you just fucking need people who can do two fucking things: a) tell jokes, and b) make people laugh. We're getting fuckwads who can only do a. Fucking shit.

And people who can only fucking swear for humor are the biggest fucking idiot cuntbag fucks of all. Shit.

I read about the roast in the Globe yesterday, and they said that most of the really funny (read: offensive) stuff was edited out. Maybe an uncut, unedited version would have been better.

I was hoping Gilbert Gottfried would do a routine

I'm thinking he did one, but got it cut out. Remember at the roast about five months after 9/11 where he said, "On my flight over my plane made a stop at the Sears Towers" or something to that extent. I laughed, but it was fucked up and I'm shocked the media didn't give them shit for it.

The year where Gilbert got up and said, "You know, I really can't top Ice-T's set, so I'm just going to use his stuff. I'M GOING TO FOLLOW ALL YOU MOTHERFUCKERS HOME, ROB YOU, AND RAP YOUR WHITE BITCHES" was hilarious.

The joke was: On my flight here we made a stop at the Empire State Building.

I read it in EW and I think the fact that not many people care about Gilbert is why.

I read about the roast in the Globe yesterday, and they said that most of the really funny (read: offensive) stuff was edited out. Maybe an uncut, unedited version would have been better.

Well that sucks- if Comedy Central is going to make it TV-MA and air it late at night- then go all the way

The year where Gilbert got up and said, "You know, I really can't top Ice-T's set, so I'm just going to use his stuff.  I'M GOING TO FOLLOW ALL YOU MOTHERFUCKERS HOME, ROB YOU, AND RAP YOUR WHITE BITCHES" was hilarious.

Rape* actually.

And yeah, that was one of the few times I laughed at Gilbert.

The other times I believe was on a game show where they'd have comedians come in and they'd try to make contestants laugh.

However, the best part of that show was that fat Latino dude who'd sometimes be on.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Most of them did, Bob.

They seemed to be roasting the other comedians- it was pissing me off. Colin Quinn was off tonight.

And too many people were nice too him.

I've never seen Colin Quinn funny enough to be "off."

Tough Crowd is funny because it's so anti-PC, not because of Colin.

Colin Quinn said something pretty funny, but I can't remember.

Colin Quinn said something pretty funny, but I can't remember.

The part about an x-ray of Leary's lungs being a picture of God giving him the finger?

That was funny, although he attempted to reuse that same joke (the one where he mentioned John Candy).

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Nick DiPalo, Gottfried and Leary were the best imo.

Dana Cook didn't do much for me

DANE Cook.

DANE.

I don't think that was it. But if it was that funny I would remember it. ;)

Nick DiPalo, Gottfried and Leary were the best imo.

Dana Cook didn't do much for me

DANE Cook.

DANE.

He was the funniest.

What he said to Keifer, Ed and Dre had me laughing out loud.