TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest godofdeadlydeath

The Power Trip vs. Benoit/Jericho match....

Guest JaKyL25

They REALLY missed their chance to release this entire month's worth of great matches on DVD when they had the chance.

Now they'd have to edit out the WWF logos. Damn it all.

At least we got RHYNO vs. BIG SHOW and Angle's Medal Ceremony from that Raw on DVD. And Austin vs. Jericho from later that month. Yeah, that makes up for the lack of the 4 great matches in a 2-week span.

Seriously, who decides what goes on DVD? Is that part of Shane's job? Is THAT why we got the Medal Ceremony but not the Power Trip vs. Benoit/Jericho?

Guest Choken One

Yeah...I can't believe off all people...They choose Lance Storm!

That means they know what they are doing...

Guest Boo_Bradley

Poor RVD, I heard he's really struggling in the Indies since ECW shut down, maybe the WWF will give him a shot someday...

Guest Askewniverse
The McMahon/Austin Ladder match was in 99, stop living in the past

OMG! Lance Storm's run in on RAW was such a shocker!!!!

That's not the ladder match that I was talking about. Hell, I wasn't even talking about a ladder match. This is what I was talking about.

Guest Choken One
The McMahon/Austin Ladder match was in 99, stop living in the past

OMG! Lance Storm's run in on RAW was such a shocker!!!!

That's not the ladder match that I was talking about. Hell, I wasn't even talking about a ladder match. This is what I was talking about.

HOLY MARTY MCFLY! THE FUTURE!

Guest JaKyL25

Now don't panic! Just remember what Dad told me on my wedding day:

*Flashback*

"Son, if you ever get transported through time in a freak accident, don't touch anything. ANY minor disturbance could alter the present as we know it!"

*End Flashback*

Okay, so all I gotta do is not touch anything and I should be ok--STUPID FLY! YOU GO SQUISH NOW!

*Creates an alternate universe where the WWE Champion is Lance Armstrong*

(Yes, my days of Simpsons quoting are long behind me. I know I got something wrong in there)

Guest Boo_Bradley

Why did you direct me to a thread on the Bible?

Speaking of which The Dudley Boys are getting kind of stale... maybe they should break up and get new gimmicks. I can see D- Von as a AWESOME crooked preacher... But the WWF won't ever do anything cool like that!!

Guest Choken One
Why did you direct me to a thread on the Bible?

Speaking of which The Dudley Boys are getting kind of stale... maybe they should break up and get new gimmicks. I can see D- Von as a AWESOME crooked preacher... But the WWF won't ever do anything cool like that!!

Well...if they do and YOU KNOW they don't have the balls...

They oughta have a Meancing Guy wearing a Briefcase around his neck.

Guest Boo_Bradley

They just signed that NCAA champ Brad Lesner. He looks like he could fit that role.

Guest Choken One
They just signed that NCAA champ Brad Lesner. He looks like he could fit that role.

Brad Lesner? Holy Shit! What a mistake...He won't be able to work a damn match...Idiots are WWF?

Guest The Amazing Rando

the WWF are NOT Idiots...

the inVasion ROKD~!

Vince is a genius...i was glued to my seat

Guest Boo_Bradley

Oh I just checked over at Wrestlinguncensored... its Brock, not Brad

I bet he changes his name though, since The Rock will be around forever and their names are WAY to similar.

Scorpian King? Fuck that. It'll bomb and kill Dwayne's career DEAD.

BTW Wild Prediction X- Factor will be the break out group of the year! Mark my words.

Guest Boo_Bradley
the WWF are NOT Idiots...

the inVasion ROKD~!

Vince is a genius...i was glued to my seat

Glued to your seat? I think you've been reading Red Dragon, boy I hope they remake that movie with Hopkins!

Guest The Amazing Rando

Hopkins? Are you nuts!

That role was MADE for a superior actor... like David Arquette...

he was a former WCW champion after all... and if Hulk Hogan can act as well as he did then Arquette should have no problem playing that blood thirsty serial killer

Guest Boo_Bradley

Hogan's busy, some movie crap where he plays a Nanny... at least its giving Savage/Flair a chance to run with the ball!

Guest The Amazing Rando

Savage?

Oh...you mean Hogan's little buddy...

sure...if the WWF wants to go bankrupt in about a year they can try to push that guy...or they could do the smart thing and just keeping jobbing him out and get rid of that horrible valet he has... she'd be so much better with Hogan...

Guest Boo_Bradley

No I mean Randy Savage, the guy who is tormenting lawler down in Memphis every Monday!

Guest Boo_Bradley

The first Super Bowl? Nah Taylor and Starr reaffirming their legends made for much better theather, and the NFL is desperate to establish a strong TV audience. Stupid Hippy run league... Pete Rozzele is a cancer to his sport!

That Terry Bollea look slike a great prospect, but I don't think he'll be around for long. He'll retire in 1990.

I prefer Austin vs. Benoit 2 from SmackDown later that month as the best free match of '01, but to each his own.

I honestly don't think that the match is as beloved as it is because of the quad tear. I remember everyone at the time marking out like a bitch (myself included) that Benoit and Jericho actually got to go over HHH and Austin, and this was BEFORE we learned the extent of Trip's injury. It honestly seemed like a changing of the guard. It looked like Benoit and Jericho were now fully fledged main eventers, for just an evening, and I think memories of that are why people cream over this match so much.

Awww man, me and my friends always bring up that match... that's the one where one goes to suplex the other onto the table but botches it and drops them back first onto the corner... or was that the first one... anyways, any other info about the match or somwhere to d/l it would be awesome!!!

Guest MARTYEWR
When was this?

Smackdown, 4/25/02. Taker distracted HHH, and Jericho rolled him up for the pin. It was a relatively clean win, but like I said, not very memorable.

Also, IIRC, by THEN Jericho had been known to have "finally adjusted to the WWF style" at that point, so he was rewarded with a fairly meaningless win over HHH.

Guest bravesfan
Seriously, who decides what goes on DVD? Is that part of Shane's job? Is THAT why we got the Medal Ceremony but not the Power Trip vs. Benoit/Jericho?[/

The Power Trip vs. Benoit/Jericho match HAS been done on DVD, although clipped to about 10 minutes, on the Best of 2001: Viewer's Choice DVD (exclusive to Canada, but found on eBay).

Guest BAR

Definately one of the WWE's top 10 tag matches. ***3/4-****. Doesn't compare with stuff outside the WWE though.

Also, IIRC, by THEN Jericho had been known to have "finally adjusted to the WWF style" at that point, so he was rewarded with a fairly meaningless win over HHH.

Then again, it is the only time that HHH actually put Jericho and Y2J did win clean so that certainly has SOME meaning to it...

Guest wildpegasus

Quote Bob Barron "As someone posted- April 25, 2002-Jericho beat him cleanly." Thanks for the responses guys.

4/25/02 HHH vs Jericho-Was this the match where Undertapper came down and Jericho used the tights to get a victory? If so, that was definitely not clean. Clean finishes IMO are All Japan and All Japan Women in the 90's.

That tag match was the first match for me ever where I just got really into the actual ring work. I'd never gotten a PPV to that point (except for one bootleg Backlash), and I'd always just been all about the entertainment side. That was back before they started putting a lot of good matches on TV, and I think in that respect, that match was really historic. That was the first really good, long, television match the WWE had run in a long time.