TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gert T

Quick fantasy question

Hey guys in my fantasy league, we keep two players. I got McNabb, Deuce McAllister, and Terrell Owens. My question is who to keep? McNabb seems obvious, but RB's in our league are hard to come by because Ricky Williams, Priest Holmes, Marshall Faulk, Shaun Alexander, Tiki Barber will be locked up. And I have the #8 pick so Tomlinson and Portis will be gone by then. I am thinking to let McNabb go because in our league TD passes are worth 6 pts. just like rushing and receiving.

I just think keeping TO is smart because he is either the #1 or 2 WR in the league, and he's going into his FA year.

Guest Tyler McClelland

Eh. Keep McNabb and McAllister. You could get a hundred recievers who will get you the same stats as TO.

If you've got McNabb and McAllister lined up, either pick a top-tier RB if one is available, and pick up Plaxico Burress in the second round. Burress will give you the same numbers as TO.

Guest DrTom

I'm with Tyler on this one. Keep McNabb and DEUCE~! and take the best receiver you can. You can also pick up some good receivers after the third round, guys like Jerry Porter, Ashley Lelie, and Quincy Morgan, all of whom should be solid.

How about this though at #8 and #13 pick, if I kept McAllister and Owens, took a RB at #8 and a WR at #13, do you think I could still get a good QB at #28? We're also only in a 10 team league too.

Thanks guys

Guest Tyler McClelland

Not in a keeper league. All the QBs will go in the first few picks; you might get lucky and grab a Bledsoe, but you'll likely be stuck with a Chad Pennington. He's got the completions, but his numbers are Troy Aikman-like in comparison.

Guest LaParkaMarka

Why not take a QB at 13?

I don't think all the QBs will be gone by then. I doubt people are going to keep a guy like Rich Gannon on, due to his age. You could probably pick up a QB like that.

At 28, there might be some decent QBs around, but it's a pretty big chance you're taking.

Guest Vern Gagne

Maybe take a risk, and draft Kurt Warner at 13. He's healthy, and I think he'll have a great year.

Guest Tyler McClelland
Maybe take a risk, and draft Kurt Warner at 13. He's healthy, and I think he'll have a great year.

Good point... if he's healthy, he might be the number 1 fantasy player.

Guest starvenger

In any fantasy league, QBs and RBs go quickly, so I'd agree with the majority and drop (or trade) Owens.

Guest Choken One

If you want a RB...Get Dillion.

Marvin has resdesigned the offense for Dillion.

Guest Tyler McClelland
If you want a RB...Get Dillion.

Marvin has resdesigned the offense for Dillion.

Week One: 167 yards rushing, 2 TDs

Week Two: 67 yards rushing, 0 TDs, 2 fumbles

Week Three: 12 yards rushing

Week Four: 230 yards rushing, 4 TDs

Yeah I think at #28 the QB's available would be Trent Green, Chad Pennington, Steve McNair, Tom Brady.

I guess I just have to figure out if I can get more TD's out of a guy like Brady who threw 28 last year than McNabb will get between his rushes and passes. I guess if our league wasn't backward and had 6 pts for QB touchdowns McNabb would be a lock, but you guys have good points about McNabb, probably will keep him now.

Choken I wouldn't mind taking Corey, but I am going with a no Bengals draft this year, just because I always think of the Bengals players higher than want their value is..........although I think Chad Johnson is going to have a HUGE year.

Guest DrTom
Yeah I think at #28 the QB's available would be Trent Green, Chad Pennington, Steve McNair, Tom Brady.

Of them, I'd take McNair or Brady. I really can't pick one over the other at this point. Brady has better talent at WR and will probably throw for a few more TDs, though I don't think the Pats will use the spread offense as much this year. McNair will get you some yards and TDs on the ground. Also, the Titans had a quiet offseason and are ~$25 million over the cap next season. This is a now-or-never year for them, and with a guy who has a lot of intangibles like McNair, that could drive him to a very good season.

Guest El Satanico

keep McNabb and Deuce. Screw playing the numbers game McNabb is a top 5 QB and has shown he can get it done regardless of what setbacks he may be faced with.

TO is a top WR, but WR's aren't that important.

Keep Mcnabb and Duece. Draft a second RB at #8 and draft a WR at #13.