TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Czech Republic

Does this bug anyone else?

Guest The Czech Republic

I caught a minute or two of Slamball, and with the mock Sportscenter set, and announcers that did NOT wear cowboy hats or sequins...

Slamball looks more legitimate than Raw.

Now yes, apparently Slamball is a real sport, and pro wrestling is as legitimate as a three-legged donkey. Which we all know is illegitimate, because donkeys have four legs. But still, I'd like to take a wrestling match more seriously than trampoline basketball.

Just thought I'd throw this out, not unlike the garbage that Slamball and Raw are.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

From what I hear, the guy in charge (who used to be involved with the 76'ers) is trying to get it so that next years Slamball season has teams and arenas in different cities. I also heard that it would be possible that it would move from TN..Spike TV to something like FOX or NBC in a few years.

As for it being more legit than RAW, I dont know. Slamball is at least a lot better than it was when it first started and they seem to be moving in an upward direction with it as opposed to RAW's staleness or downward direction as of late.

Guest The Czech Republic
From what I hear, the guy in charge (who used to be involved with the 76'ers) is trying to get it so that next years Slamball season has teams and arenas in different cities. I also heard that it would be possible that it would move from TN..Spike TV to something like FOX or NBC in a few years.

I thought NBC has basically given up on sports.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic
From what I hear, the guy in charge (who used to be involved with the 76'ers) is trying to get it so that next years Slamball season has teams and arenas in different cities.  I also heard that it would be possible that it would move from TN..Spike TV to something like FOX or NBC in a few years.

They have NASCAR, Arena Football, Golf, Tennis, The Olympics, Gravity Games and some other assorted sports progrraming, although their cash cow is clearly The Olympics and NASCAR.

Guest the pinjockey

NBC's NASCAR coverage blows.

And don't count out Slamball being around and growing into something legit. Never doubt Pat Croce when he puts his mind to something.

Guest Anglesault
From what I hear, the guy in charge (who used to be involved with the 76'ers) is trying to get it so that next years Slamball season has teams and arenas in different cities.  I also heard that it would be possible that it would move from TN..Spike TV to something like FOX or NBC in a few years.

They have NASCAR, Arena Football, Golf, Tennis, The Olympics, Gravity Games and some other assorted sports progrraming, although their cash cow is clearly The Olympics and NASCAR.

NASCAR isn't a sport.

Golf and Tennis are debatable.

Guest papacita

I like Slamball...I don't get all the hate for it. Their Slam Dunk contest from the end of the first season was crazy nice. More entertaining than a lot of what Raw's been putting out for the last year or so...

...then again, that's not saying much, is it?

Guest The Czech Republic

NASCAR isn't a sport.

NASCAR no

Golf no

Tennis yes

Guest Anglesault

Tennis is certainly the only one of the three that involves athletes, but I still don't get a so called sport where there can't be any noise.

As for it being more legit than RAW, I dont know. Slamball is at least a lot better than it was when it first started and they seem to be moving in an upward direction with it as opposed to RAW's staleness or downward direction as of late.

How is Raw moving in a downward direction? It's been getting better for about six months now, and the ratings are steadily increasing. (4.2 two weeks in a row) Do you honestly think that having a HHH/Steiner posedown being the big draw on Raw is better than what's going on now?

Guest MarvinisaLunatic
As for it being more legit than RAW, I dont know.  Slamball is at least a lot better than it was when it first started and they seem to be moving in an upward direction with it as opposed to RAW's staleness or downward direction as of late.

How is Raw moving in a downward direction? It's been getting better for about six months now, and the ratings are steadily increasing. (4.2 two weeks in a row) Do you honestly think that having a HHH/Steiner posedown being the big draw on Raw is better than what's going on now?

RAW has been more in the going nowhere mode for about 3 months.

And I don't want to get into a big debate over whether or not NASCAR is a sport, but it is a sport. Over the last few years most people have begun to understand what the drivers have to go through to race 37 weekends a year. I've been watching NASCAR for 10 years, and 10 years ago I don't think you could call it a sport, but today it definitely is a sport.

I spoke my piece on the E and why its not going to go back up to 1997 levels, but it got no-sold.

Slamball is fun and its NEW. It took conventional basketball and went in a new direction with it. I hope it succeeds, because I like watching it.

Guest bravesfan

sport -

a particular activity involving a function of athleticism.

So by that definition -

NASCAR: NO.

GOLF: YES.

TENNIS: YES.

Stock-car driving is a game of skill, not a sport.

Guest Coffey

Golf requires athleticism? How? Swinging a stick and walking from hole to hole? It's harder to keep control of a car over 100 mph than it is to hit a golf ball...

Golf is a game of skill and strategy. It doesn't HAVE to be athletic in order for it to be a sport.

Guest bravesfan
Golf requires athleticism? How? Swinging a stick and walking from hole to hole? It's harder to keep control of a car over 100 mph than it is to hit a golf ball...

Do you know what NASCAR comes down to? Driving a car....very fast. This so-called "sport" requires human test dummies to drive cars at speeds reaching 180 MPH - where's the athleticism in that?

And since I used personal bias in the judgment on golf, let's also strike that from the list.

SO, to make it FAIR, let's just consider NASCAR and GOLF to be "non-sports", while TENNIS will be the only one of the three recognized as an actual "sport".

Guest Coffey

Do you know what NASCAR comes down to? Driving a car....very fast. This so-called "sport" requires human test dummies to drive cars at speeds reaching 180 MPH - where's the athleticism in that?

And since I used personal bias in the judgment on golf, let's also strike that from the list.

SO, to make it FAIR, let's just consider NASCAR and GOLF to be "non-sports", while TENNIS will be the only one of the three recognized as an actual "sport".

I agree with that.

Guest Youth N Asia

Racing is not a sport...wait...lemme change that. CAR RACING! is not a spot, never has, and never will be.

I'd be willing to call th work the pit crew does a legit sport though.

Guest Deviant

I was sure this was going to be about that Slamball thing getting actual time on Raw, now that bugged me.

Guest The Old Me

I would mark watching you try to hit a golf ball and missing like 6 times in a row. Golf is a sport, and most of you who say otherwise probably just suck at it, or don't understand it.

Guest Showstoppa Icon
Just wait till we have the Slamball run ins.

*thinks about it*

that actually sounds pretty cool

Guest BobbyWhioux

For some reason the close association of Slamball and Raw sends visions of Don "Cyrus" Callus shouting "RRRRRRRRRROLLERJAM!" dancing through my head...

So now I see Vincenzo himself, in his overdramatic voice, shouting "SLAMBALLLLLL!" right in the middle of the ring. And everyone booing and chanting "asshole."

Guest Anglesault

I would mark watching you try to hit a golf ball and missing like 6 times in a row. Golf is a sport, and most of you who say otherwise probably just suck at it, or don't understand it.

I don't understand why you need complete silence to hit a ball that is just sitting there, while you can have 50,000 people screaming their lungs out while you attempt to hit a ball coming at you at 100 MPH.

Doesn't make sense.

Guest The Grand Pubah of 1620

NASCAR isn't a sport.

Then why is it called a motor sport? Just becasue you don't think it's a sport doesn't mean that it isn't. NASCAR has been a sport since before most of you were born.

And yes, NBC's coverage does suck.

But back on the topic, Slamball is getting better and I hope it grows even more. It gives me something to watch until footbal season.

Guest Anglesault

NASCAR isn't a sport.

Then why is it called a motor sport?

WWF is called "Sports Entertainment"

Is that a sport?

If driving a car around a circle is a sport, then anyone who ever went out for their license is freaking Michael Jordon.

Guest The Grand Pubah of 1620

NASCAR isn't a sport.

Then why is it called a motor sport?

WWF is called "Sports Entertainment"

Is that a sport?

If driving a car around a circle is a sport, then anyone who ever went out for their license is freaking Michael Jordon.

This argument has already happened and all my points, as usual, were ignored, so I will keep it short.

Just anybody can't climb into a NASCAR and drive it. I have had friends who have driven in the Richard Petty expierence and it isn't easy. You have to be in shape and understand the sport. It is alot more complicated then just driving in a circle.