TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
eiker_ir

HELP ME PLZZZZZ!!!!!!!

ok, this morning my PC crashed, an when i turned back on, the resolution of the screen was and still is at the lowest and with 16 colors. i tried fixing it the normal way but it doesn't work.

but the big problem, is that the mouse isn't working, i re-installed windows and the mouse and it still doesn't work, The cursor doesn't even appear on the screen. i tried in the control panel where i says to install new hardware and it says the mouse IS installed but that a file is missing and the file is:

VMM32.VXD (VMOUSE.VXD)

it says that's the file that controls the mouses or something like that. It said that to repair it, i had to re-install Windows with the Windows CD, but it didn't work.

can someone help me, it's driving me crazy to use all the PC just with the keyboard, and it doesn't help that the screen is just in 16 colors and it's iving me a headache.

plz someone help me

The screen thing happened to me once.

What I did was uninstall my video card and then restarted. Windows automagically re-recognized said video card, and I was all set.

I had this problem a few weeks ago, and it wasn't solved until I got a new mouse. Both the old mouse and the new one I got were PS/2.

Anyway, in the time between the computer no longer detecting the old mouse, and buying the new one, I lost a few drivers (a couple of the lmouse, and possibly the one you're missing, but I don't really remember). I found them only after searching online, and placing them into the regular folder for Windows drivers. So you may wanna try searching for this one you're missing and trying it that way. It at least solved the resolution problems for me.

Or, as Rant said, re-install Windows. Out of curiosity, which version is it?

Concerning the Windows thing, I also remember a solution I found where you can pull only the files you need from the Windows disc.

For reference, when I did a Google search for solutions, the phrases I used were "mouse not found", "mouse missing" and the name of the driver(s) itself. I pretty much found all my answers quickly.

Edited by KingOfOldSchool