TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bob_barron

News on Bull Buchanan

Barry "Bull" Buchanan was in the works for coming to work with NWA:TNA, but that appears to be on hold.

He was told to come up with a new masked gimmick, and spent money on creating and making a new ring outfit.

However, after working a dark match, he went to TNA officials looking to get paid. He didn’t realize that dark match workers paid their own transportation, and often didn’t get paid at all for the dark match. TNA views them as tryouts and if they are impressed, then they book the wrestler for a paying job on PPV. Its said that he upset some in management by asking to be paid.

No word on if TNA plans to bring in Buchanan at a later date.

credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Guest The Decadent Slacker

Didn't this happen awhile ago? I thought that went down during his match in like February. Oh well, just Buchanan.

Sorry, but not even paying him money for some gas is WRONG. He drove out of his way to come try out, made his own mask and costume, and they have the gaul to say "sorry, fucky, you ain't getting a dime," and then be ANGRY that he wanted to be paid for his work?

...I predict TNA dead in 2 years, tops.

Guest Mindless_Aggression

Dick move by them, but I can't say as I blame them, I'd be holding onto my money tightly as well. They should probably start informing talent before they come down that dark matches don't pay though.

He didn’t realize that dark match workers paid their own transportation, and often didn’t get paid at all for the dark match.

If he didn't realize it, why the heat? Sounds like a misunderstanding to me. Why must people be so thin-skinned?

Guest subliminal_animal
He didn’t realize that dark match workers paid their own transportation, and often didn’t get paid at all for the dark match.

If he didn't realize it, why the heat? Sounds like a misunderstanding to me. Why must people be so thin-skinned?

Yeah, it's ridiculous.

I don't agree with them not paying anything to the guys getting a dark match, but there's really nothing to complain about as long as they make the talent aware of the policy. In this case, though, it seems like Buchanan was never outright told he doesn't get paid until after he asked, which is a sleazy way to do business.

The man has a family to feed. I'm sure he's not happy losing a whole day for a show and getting stiffed, which looks like what they did. If you don't tell him he was working for free until after he finishes, you allowed him to make what should be logical conclusions and pulled the rug out from under him after you got what you wanted. If this information was withheld intentionally, it's just a roundabout way of breaking a promise so they can justify their actions to themselves.

But who really knows all the details, right?

EDIT!: I just saw this!

who cares....he sucks anyway

Man, he cuts right past all the corporate red-tape bullshit and hits it right in the heart where it's sleeping.

Take a lesson from the one guy here that is so obviously not a moron and get to the point already, losers.

Edited by subliminal_animal