TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest JMA

What's so bad about Randy Orton?

Its already been said in this thread how there are some comparisions with the Rock.  And just like the Rock, hes a good looking well-toned young man that has strong potential.

Potential to do what?

When he goes out there weekly and fails in every conceivable category (He's not over, he's not good in the ring, he's not charasmatic, he doesn't have good mic skills) how can anyone see potential?

Because he's the son of "Cowboy" Bob Orton.

They think that he has latent talent in him given to him by his father.

That's just my theory.

...Backed up by such ring generals as Erik Watts, Brian Christopher and the living legend, David Flair.

Watts I agree.

Christopher I thought was a pretty good wrestler.

Flair...well, he's only been around since 1999...I still say he's better than Orton. At least he had some charisma as the crazy guy.

Guest Choken One

Christopher was good and aside from that 3 week period was never acknowledged as Lawler's Son...

Orton doesn't need to be dragged into everything top tier guys in his stable do. He can be there,enforce a bit, but stick to his group. Build up epic feuds between him and a division of Xian, Hurricane, etc, and get his big on the IC Division. Keep him and Bautista Tagging anbd keeping the gold together for a while. Eventually a big rift comes through that working forula. New allegiances, old friends now enemies, and the new will shine. your atrs are born. This is one big giant rub thats trying to be dissected and passed around to each person in different quantities. The Group should remani but should not be so 1 dimensional to where everything involves the main event match. The premsie of Evilution would have to be to revitalize EVERYTHING. Not just keeping HHH looking like a threat and keeping his title for him. there needs to be branches with specific duties and a coalition against anything major. Fuck all this rub.

Guest godofdeadlydeath

I don't know, I think if Orton wins the Elimination Chamber, it will be a complete shock. When Lesnar beat Rocky, it wasn't a shock, everyone knew it was coming, and there wasn't really a backlash because it was predictable and no one gave a shit. If Orton wins in the chamber, it will be COMPLETELY unpredictable, and you will all automatically give a shit in one way or another, be it smarks or marks. Marks because he will have beaten 5 of the "toughest" guys in the WWE on Raw, and Smarks because he doesn't deserve it. Sad? Maybe, but it's the truth.

The godofdeadlydeath has spoken, and it was good.

Guest THE MIGHTY THOR

Why are there 4 pages on Orton? The guy sucks period, end of this topic.

It's just really pointless to try and push someone so hard, yet stick with the old 1970's the heel is a pussy booking. Who couldn't pin all three Dudleyz with cheating or just being laid down upon them? It's OK to push someone, and there are ways to have someone grow as a performer and have thier wekanesses covered. Fact is, you have to do it and make people GIVE A SHIT. Wrestler A can get just as over if put in the same position. Orton needs to be presented as a THREAT not just a guy getting a push.

I personally think he can perform a basic moveset quite crisply, and if allowed to just speak without such a blatantly scripted dialogue, could be entertaining. He has a good look to him, and is a different build than most top guys which is a plus in my book. They need to slow down with him being in there with top teir guys, and keep that to a minimum. Dominate the lower card first to earn that top spot. The booking is all wrong, and that pisses me off about Orton, not so much him alone.

Guest JMA

I think there will be an angle where Triple H is injured (he'll take a couple of months off to heal) and Orton kicks him out of Evolution. He'll then bring back Batista and recruit Jindrak and Cade.

It's just really pointless to try and push someone so hard, yet stick with the old 1970's the heel is a pussy booking. Who couldn't pin all three Dudleyz with cheating or just being laid down upon them? It's OK to push someone, and there are ways to have someone grow as a performer and have thier wekanesses covered. Fact is, you have to do it and make people GIVE A SHIT. Wrestler A can get just as over if put in the same position. Orton needs to be presented as a THREAT not just a guy getting a push.

Actually, this is a pretty good point. The Orton pinning of the Dudleys was ass backwards.

They had HHH do all the work, and then Orton sneak in for the pin.

They should have had Orton cheating like nuts so that HHH could get the pins. That way, the audience is thinking that it was Orton that screwed the Dudleys. That way, even if he didn't get the actual pins, he gets the heat.

The way it was done keeps the heat on HHH, who has slaughtered the Dudleys time and time again anyway.

Hmmm....is the smartest man in wrestling up to something again?

Guest JMA
So...he'll be like the Rock in the Nation?

Great.

You know...if I had to choose between an Orton push and an Albert push I'd choose Albert.

Lucky me I guess, I get both.

You mean you'd rather have an A-TRAIN push.