TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Army Eye

Are cookies working here?

Guest Army Eye

The cookie here doesn't seem to be working for me.  I have to log in every time I come here.  And when I hit refresh it logs me out again?!? That's something I haven't encountered anywhere else.

I was just wondering if the cookie problems are just with me.  Is anyone else having this happen?

Guest admin

That is a common problem for any WindowsXP users & I.E. 6.0 or higher users.  I am currently looking on how to solve this problem that Microsoft has created.

Guest Midnight Express83

I have the same problem, it is only solved when I use the direct link. Any of the XXX.thesmarks.com bring me to just headache.

Guest Army Eye

heh.. was just about to come to post that if I opened up the 'smarkboard' link in a new window, the cookie was there and everything was good.

So.. yeah.. I guess going to the direct link instead of newforum.thesmarks.com is the answer.

Thanks, guys

Guest The Masked Yodeler

The problem comes from IE disabling indirect access of cookies.  How to fix it on either end is beyond my knowledge.  Although one could disable IE's cookie management, but I don't think that would be worth it.

Guest Slapnuts00

Hi, My problem is similar only each time I log on, it doesnt even recognized that I even logged in! This is very frustrating. Here is the message I posted on the old board:

I registered and confirmed my account last week. And for the first time today, tried posting a topic. I clicked "log in" at the top and entered my name/pass, where it said I had been succesfully logged in and was being transffered to the main page. Great, except I indeed was NOT logged in, as evidence by the top of the page still encouraging me to log in, and when I tried to post a topic about it in the Feedback folder it said I didn't have persmission because I wasn't logged in! Can someone please help this displaced Smark who just wants to join his fellow Smarks in their mass migration?! Thanks.

Guest admin

The only prob w/ using that is when we change servers that IP or address won't work only the newforums.thesmarks.com will work.  Its up to you guys,

Guest THE SH0CKMASTER

go to tools -> internet options -> privacy

click on edit

in the box that says address of website put newforum.thesmarks.com

and click on allow

this worked for me