Guest BA_Baracus

SWF Storm card (April 5/2002)

Guest BA_Baracus

PROMO (Stubby P. McWeed);

"Card...

------------------------------------------------

Show: SWF Storm

Date: April 5, 2002

Arena: The America West Arena in Phoenix, Arizona!

Due date: April 5, 2002 at 12PM (noon) board time.

SINGLES MATCH

Johnny Rotten vs. The Prophet

- It looks like Stubby’s old deputy commissioner Johnny Rotten has returned from the dead!  What better way to start him off than to have him teach the dastardly Prophet a lesson?

Word Limit: 3000 words

Send to: BA_Baracus

NON-TITLE SINGLES MATCH

El Luchadore Magnifico vs. Lady Red

- At Battleground 2, Magnifico managed to retain his belt but lost the heavyweight #1 contendership to Fallout.  Now Magnifico takes on yet another challenger from the Clan…one who may end up wearing his LHW title some day.

Word Limit: 4000 words

Send to: Beingz0wningj00

US TITLE MATCH

K-Os © vs. Jay Dawg

- K-Os managed to defeat Jay Dawg and claim the US title in his first WF match.  On Friday Dawg gets his re-match…

Word Limit: 4500 words

Send to: Suicide King

CAGE MATCH FOR THE HARDCORE TITLE

Longdogger Pete © vs. Mistress Sarah

- On Sunday Longdogger Pete defeated Sarah for the hardcore title, but not without some controversy.  Longdogger received a good deal of help from female JL wrestler, Sydney Sky.  Sarah obviously wasn’t pleased about his and has upped the ante for her re-match by requesting that the bout take place in a steel cage!

Match Description – Regular DQ and count-out rules are not in effect.  The ring will surrounded on all sides by an approximately 20 foot tall cage.  The winner is the first one to climb over the top of the cage and touch both feet to the floor.

Word Limit: 5000 words

Send to: BA_Baracus

TAG TEAM MATCH

Thoth & Fallout vs. Sacred & Hville Thugg

- For various reasons, it appears as if da’ Pound and Clan may be preparing for an all out feud.  On Friday Thoth and Fallout (who is now the heavyweight #1 contender) will face the two top representatives from da’ Pound in a tag match…

Word Limit: 5000 words

Send to: Suicide King

---------------------------------------------------

Mothernature says...no kidding..."

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Show off?  That means...PROMOOOOS!

Ahem.  Lovely stuff.  Should be good to see the two rematches, and the return of Rotten is boffo to the max.

That main event should be good, but tremendously evil.  The question is, who will the fans hate more?  Only time will tell.

Guest AnnieEclectic

Wow, nice card! And I get to face another WFer that will kick my ass from here to eternity.

fortunately I have enough anger to get a good match started. I very smartly decided to resize my /var partition, and anyone who knows *nix will tell you that I just did the second dumbest thing ever. Next to deleting my root partition.

Argh. Reinstall. Lose my entire match archives. Again.

Blah.

-Annie

Guest HVilleThugg

Umm...Annie, that was stupid.  I have a Linux box, and I have to say, that was even dumber than me forgetting my root pass.  Yeah, enjoy your reinstall there...

I'm really liking the idea of a Clan vs. Pound fued.  The heel stable vs. heel stable is a good idea, and the whole "Who will the fans hate more" thing is good.  ALthough I think Da Pound will be hated more with the recent Stubby defection...but we'll see...should be fun.

Da "bouncing with excitement because his TERPS just won the NCAA National Championship" H

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

That's an interesting thought, Thugg.  Could the Clan get over playing the face role?  Talk about ammunition for a total rejuvenation.  If nothing else, at least they're bad-ass scary evil, as opposed to "we hit women and beat you up every damn chance we get and blow up motorcycles."

Granted, I still want a heel to fight now and then, but this new conflict of interests interests me.  Yay for using 'interests' twice in succession!

Guest realitycheck

Can this lowly, curtian jerking, JL scum throw his two cents into this? Or should I save my longwinded thoughts on the possibility of a Clan/Pound feud and scuttle back to my dusty corner?

Guest realitycheck

Hey, great. I kinda' thought that being a newbie would make it seem... odd... to give character insight of WFers. So, if that bothers anyone, just take this as the perspective of a longtime fan. Ready? Here I go...

First off, if anybody is going to play the face in this feud -and, trust me, someone would have to, Heel/Heel feuds seemingly always suck the bag- it wouldn't be Da' Pound. Seeing as with Stubby's turn, and the way the commentator's reacted in the Battleground title match, it would be *really* non-sensical to try and play them as good guys. Taking into account the feuds and characters, it would be impossible, anyway.

But you already knew that, right?

What I'm saying is, it's more than possible for the Clan to be able to be babyfaces. Just not all of them. Sacred's feuding with Edwin. KO's and Lady Red only recently turned heel, and spinning them again would be detrimental to their careers. That leaves Thoth, Fallout, and Spider. They are the only logical, resonable, and possible choices. Why? Because their actually justified in it.

Spiders upset because Stubby double crossed him. Fallout's upset because he is the #1 contender. Thoth's upset because... uh... well... he's Thoth. Isn't he always upset?

Anyway, taking this all into mind, the easiest way to have everything work is in two steps...

1) Stubby will no-doubt cut a promo explaing everything. Why he's angy at the clan is obious. They failed to protect his wife, so he's gonna' ally with the bigger, stonger, badder guys. (Ignoring their previous bad track record when it comes to females.)

2) The only way the (real) fans would accept the Clan as faces is if they acted as faces. By that, I mean, during the tag match, the Clan has to get an absooute face-in-peril-desperatly-trying-to-make-the-hot-tag-but-oh-no-they-got-me SHITKICKING. This not only re-affirms Da' Pound as ruthless monsters, but is a tried and true face heat method.

3) The Clan cuts a promo swearing revenge, and maybe showing a little more human sides of their characters.

Grated, this dosen't make anyone Carnival like faces, more faces by proxy, the kind who don't really acknowledge or care about the fans.

Basically, this could completly freshen up the main event, and move the Midnight Carnival just a *little* out of the spotlight as #1 babyfaces. That's okay with me, because, and absotively posoloutly NO offence intended, I kinda sick of seeing them in the main event. They've been there since, what, August? September? Ever since Thugg was bumped, and I think a directional chage would be refreshing like a certian lemon/lime soda. Of course, the Carnivals extended stay with Da' Pound in a feud can really be attributed to Suicide King's unexpected retirment.

So, that's my overly verbose 0.02 (Canadian). Just an opnion of what I'd do if I were God. Erm... Stubby.

-Z

There's 20 minutes of my life I won't get back...

Guest Perfect_Bo

It's time to put my two cents in it...

Why would anybody turn face?  I mean, it's more interesting to see a heel vs. heel face off...  I mean, I'm getting a bit tired of the concept "Good vs. Evil" bid.  This is just another feud to point out who is the biggest, badest, sickest heel stable in the league...  There's only room for one.

This could be done is so many different ways that both can stay evil stables and both have the same quality of hate from the fans.

The Clan is more demented in the head.  More sick...  So they should plot an evil plan (Sacred evil plan   :D ) on anybody that steps in their way (Most likely "Da POUND")

Now, many people or some people are sick of the Carnies in the main event...  But I'm not, with their talent, they can stay up there...  Now, they can be in the mix because they want the fed to be a good fed, for the people, and also be the most dominant stable in the fed.  

This has the potential to become a three way war...  I'm seeing a 3 way contest with Thugg, Mark (Again) and either Thoth or Fallout (Fallout has the slot now) for the title...

This is probably the beginning of a beautiful feud...  All we need right now is curruption within the stables to try and dismantle it...  I some how see that happening...

Well, that's my two cents..

B "Really want to see two heel stables battle it out to see who's number one" O

Guest HVilleThugg

Ummmm...you are booked Sacred.  I'm not sure about who'll be heel and who'll be face.  The problem is that it's gonna be tough to get Da Pound over completely as faces because of Thugg and Stubby.  Stubby screwed the two biggest babyfaces in the fed at the PPV, and the fans truly despise Thugg after that feud with Xstasy...I mean, he tried to kill the man and beat up his sister for god's sake.  However, Da Pound is the "cooler", "hipper" stable...while the Clan is more mysterious and such.  The Clan is more of a standard stable while Da Pound brings a newer breed of stable to the table...shut up, I know it rhymes.  So, the fans, especially the young fans will be able to relate more to Da Pound than The Clan, just because of the nature of the stable.  But then again, you also have to look at the fact that The Clan was trying to stop the enlightenment, which the fans would have liked, so they've been semi-face for the last month or so.  It all depends on how we go about this and who leads their teams into battle.  While Da Pound doesn't really have a leader per se, some one or 2 people are going to have to lead the charge.  If it's say, HVT and Spider...sorry Spider, but I get to be the heel.  Everyone hates HVT too much right now and there hasn't been much time for them to forget what he did.  That, and Spider's a high flyer (a bit at least) and people always tend to root for high flyers against big men.  Same goes for Fallout.  But if it's Stubby, it's possible to have him be the face since, while the fans are mad, they still want to love their commish.  I don't know...let's just see how it plays out when we write.

Da "rambling man" H

Guest HVilleThugg

I kind of agree with that Bo.  I mean, I know I don't intend to change my behavior in an attempt to get over any particular way.  It's all about what the fans decide they like more...bad ass mofos who wreck shit and smoke blunts...or creepy satan worshippers in black hood.  Either way, this feud can go all the way down the card, with the size of both stables and the diversity as well.

Da "thinking he should read the posts before posting himself, then he wouldn't have to double post" H

Guest Shawn

Ah. How I do enjoy my plastic bubble of the JL. Less things to worry about.

Guest realitycheck

Actually, Thugg, what I was meaning was not that the Clan *should* turn face, but I was explaining how they *could* turn face. And I also didn't mean the entire Clan, only Spider and Fallout turning would actually make sense. They're actually justified in having someting against Stubby and Da' Pound. Also, they wouldn't be *real* faces, more like people the crowd cheer for by proximity. Default, because they're facing the uber-loathed HVT and his boys.

But it's not like it's going to work that way. Everybody could stay heels, and crowd just cheer for all the inner dissention and SHADES OF GRAY~! by some members of both stables.

But whatever happens, I'll keep reading!

-Z

Guest Perfect_Bo

Fuck you...  I read too...

BITCH

B "Loves calling Thugg a bitch" O

Guest Shawn

Anyways... about the card, good luck to K-Os. Lets hope you can keep that title.

Plus, ELM/Red should be a good one.

And the main event should be a good read as well.

Where is Spider? Where has he been for the last month or so?

Guest BA_Baracus

"Oh great.

We finally have a show where almost everyone writes, but then those who lose decide to throw a fit, take their blocks and go home.

You lost a match...get over it.

Mothernature says, blah..."

Guest Shawn

So you're really leaving? Just take a little time off and give it some thought. Everyone needs a break now and then...

Guest HVilleThugg

Ummm...ok.  Sorry Muzz...

So, am is it a handicapped match now, or what??

{sigh}  This fed is dwindling before our very eyes people, and I for one, don't know how to get it back up to par.  I try doing good angles to keep interest, but no one reads them...and now, people are dropping off (for whatever reason) like flies.  What can we do people??  If this keeps up, we're gonna die.

Da "really blown about all the people leaving" H

What is all this talk about this fed dying? This fed is no where near dying.... I'm back, and we do have a viable jl roster. If anything, this fed could always go to one league, and bam. Back again.

Just enjoy yourselves, and read the wonderful writing that your peers do, and you'll be fine.

Guest Muzz

Jeez, I've been writing for all this time, it's not like one single loss is the cause of leaving.

Guest HVilleThugg

That's the problem...only a few people actually read anymore.  It's rather frustrating to write when no one cares.  I mean, there are a few people that read, but for the most part, no one reads.  I can't tell you how many times I wanted to say "fuck it, no one cares anyway", and just stop...I don't because...well, because I don't have anything better to do.

Remember people, like Xstasy said on some topic, we are our own audience.  If you want to keep this fed around, we need to, as a group, show interest in the fed and what goes on around it.

Da "getting the fuck off his soapbox now" H

Guest Beingz0wningj00

I'll be your partner if needed, HVT... but let me know soon. :P

Sacred, you don't need to leave. Jeez... I've had my ego crushed by losing to SHIT matches before... I won't name names because many can/will get offended. However, you got talent my boy... just cause a guy like Edwin is a better writer then you, you shouldn't take offense... You want my opinion, I actually thought you had him beat. It's scary really.

Ah well, if I better start writing against K-Os.

Guest BA_Baracus

"There's a pretty good stream of people entering the JL, so I don't think the fed's dying.

But I would like to see people read and comment more on the shows.

The last edition of frickin' *Crimson* got 34 replies.  Battleground, a show that was one of the best PPVs in a while and would crush any JL show in terms of writing quality and storyline development has 14 replies so far.

That's pretty pathetic.  If you people are reading and just not commenting...comment!  People want to know they're stuff is being read and a few people give a damn.  I want to see *at least* 20 replies to Battleground.  

Mothernature says grrr..."

Guest Beingz0wningj00

JL board is filled with spammaroos!!!!

Our TV card gets 27 replies! WHOOOOO!!!!

Guest AnnieEclectic

Well, the problem with commenting on Battleground was that it was *too* good. I couldn't comment until now because I had nothing to say that someone else hasn't. Anyone who read it feels the same way about it, shock surprise and for the losers, frustration that comes with losing, even when it's to an insanely good match.

Although... could someone point me to ELM's stats, as I have the day off, the ability to start my match early, and I can't find him to PM him. This is a completely different frustration, and I definitely need time to work on this one... 'cause it's ELM and he scares me.

-Annie

Guest El Luchadore Magnifico

*waves goofily at Annie*

They're at IGNWF.com. And if you can't get to the site, well, I don't have access to them here at school, so sorry.