TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest JericholicEdgeHead

Val Venis

Guest Ray

A Val Venis question-

Anyone remember his match with Steve Austin from an October 1999 episode of Smackdown?

Someone told me it was good, just wondering if anyone can confirm that.

I just read The Wrestling Observer Live recap and Dave mentioned that it looks like Val will be Christian's next opponent for the IC title.

I have always been a fan of Val,. I read that he had a good match with Test last night, which doesn't suprise me since I went to a house show last year where their match was probably the best of the night. Val is a good wrestler and deserves a chance you showcase it more often.

Edit: To answer your question Ray, yes the Val/Austin match was a good one.

Yeah, Val fought Test at the RAW house show I went to back in June. It certainly topped anyway Test / Steiner that has happened so far. Stacy was still with Test at the timeand Test did the usual "put Stacy in front of him to protect himself outside of the ring" tactic. Val beat him with a weird variation of the Rock Bottom.

I never understood why Val got his hair cut. Either because he wanted to or he was another victim of WWE's militaristic hairstyle rule because he looks "too much like HHH" ?