TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Korrosive

What match is going to be on last at Summerslam?

Guest Choken One

Gigs like Mass transit?

He'll have to double MUTA to get a "Nice job" from the dead man.

Guest Adrian 3:16

With all due respect to Angle and Brock, the Chamber should go on last, and not just for practical reasons. Storyline wise, 6 guys fighting for a title (even the fake one) in a gigantic freaking cage is a pretty big deal.

Actually...If they do the Heel win and subsequent beatdown...

I'd say it will be fine to put it as the Mid-Card Match at 9:15 and have another match inbetween...

It didn't hurt 1992

I agree, and I think Brock & Kurt will go on 5th if there's 8 matches, behind Shane/Bischoff, Taker/Train & EC.

(Orton) doesn't have the brawling talent or the presence to make any kind of impact in this match other than as the whipping boy.

Well, we don't know that for sure. To the best of my recollection, he's never had a PPV match before, and you know how WWE likes to save the best work for the PPVs, so maybe they're hiding what Orton can really do until Summerslam.

I think that SS will be a defining moment in Randy Orton's career, if only because it has to be. He's in the main event of the 2nd-biggest PPV of the year, and it's only his first-ever "big" match. It's very possible that he could bust out some sick stuff that none of us could ever have pictured him doing, and maybe even change our whole perspective of him.

Hell, the Elimination Chamber match could be a classic if all 6 participants just went in there and gave 'er. We know that HHH, HBK, Goldberg and even Nash have it in them to pull off some excellent matches; the only question is if they do so. There's a little part of me inside that wishes, if only for one show, that a few of the guys constantly ragged on here (example: Nash, Test, La Rez, etc.) would go out there and pull off a **** or better match, just to show us smart marks up. That's why I still watch RAW: to see if maybe, just maybe, they can do something that'll make us say "You know, I may hate (insert name of smark whipping boy) a lot, but damn... that was good." Maybe this Sunday is the time. Maybe.

Guest Anglesault
Actually...If they do the Heel win and subsequent beatdown...

I'd say it will be fine to put it as the Mid-Card Match at 9:15 and have another match inbetween...

It didn't hurt 1992

The fact that I had to look up what the title match in 92 was speaks volumes.

We know that HHH, HBK, Goldberg and even Nash have it in them to pull off some excellent matches.

HHH and HBK yes, especially against each other.

Goldberg needs things planned out for him.

Nash, excellent match? Yeah, if some one is bumping for a freak for him and doing 90% of the work like vs. Jericho on Raw.

I think the Chamber will be greater than the sum of its parts, but probably worse than last year's based on the quality of the workers in this one. At least this one is less predictable, though.

(Orton) doesn't have the brawling talent or the presence to make any kind of impact in this match other than as the whipping boy.

Well, we don't know that for sure. To the best of my recollection, he's never had a PPV match before, and you know how WWE likes to save the best work for the PPVs, so maybe they're hiding what Orton can really do until Summerslam.

I think that SS will be a defining moment in Randy Orton's career, if only because it has to be. He's in the main event of the 2nd-biggest PPV of the year, and it's only his first-ever "big" match. It's very possible that he could bust out some sick stuff that none of us could ever have pictured him doing, and maybe even change our whole perspective of him.

Hell, the Elimination Chamber match could be a classic if all 6 participants just went in there and gave 'er. We know that HHH, HBK, Goldberg and even Nash have it in them to pull off some excellent matches; the only question is if they do so. There's a little part of me inside that wishes, if only for one show, that a few of the guys constantly ragged on here (example: Nash, Test, La Rez, etc.) would go out there and pull off a **** or better match, just to show us smart marks up. That's why I still watch RAW: to see if maybe, just maybe, they can do something that'll make us say "You know, I may hate (insert name of smark whipping boy) a lot, but damn... that was good." Maybe this Sunday is the time. Maybe.

Wow, I really like your optimistic views! Sounds a lot like me. I'm going to have to be a dopwner about it, though, because I saw the 1st Elimination chamber, and, besides the cool finish, the match sucked ass, IMO. This match requires a lot of BIG bumps( at least in the WWE eyes ). They are more than likely going to try and set up some big spots. The ONLY guy in there who might be able to bump hard and make it look good would be Orton. They tried to get shawn to bounce around on the steel last timne, and he physically can't, so it looked bad. If they build this match up by telling a story and make the fanbs WANT to see each new guy unlocked, it could be good. I, for one, HATED the 1st chamber match and I think the booking with call for a BUNCH of big spots that maybe only 2 guys in the match could properly take. Chances are they'll try and get one of the other 4 to try it.

Guest Mulatto Heat
There's a little part of me inside that wishes, if only for one show, that a few of the guys constantly ragged on here (example: Nash, Test, La Rez, etc.) would go out there and pull off a **** or better match, just to show us smart marks up. That's why I still watch RAW: to see if maybe, just maybe, they can do something that'll make us say "You know, I may hate (insert name of smark whipping boy) a lot, but damn... that was good." Maybe this Sunday is the time. Maybe.

Now, you see, we *ALL* know that the guys you mentioned couldn't pull off a ****+ match on their best day. Don't delude yourself with false optimism, you KNOW it to be true.

Just like some people have made up their minds that (any given match, but in this case the EC) will suck, others have decided already that it will rule. So be it.

There's a little part of me inside that wishes, if only for one show, that a few of the guys constantly ragged on here (example: Nash, Test, La Rez, etc.) would go out there and pull off a **** or better match, just to show us smart marks up. That's why I still watch RAW: to see if maybe, just maybe, they can do something that'll make us say "You know, I may hate (insert name of smark whipping boy) a lot, but damn... that was good." Maybe this Sunday is the time. Maybe.

We do give them credit when they deserve it. Test vs. Shane, for example. Also, others have claimed Test vs. Venis from last week's heat was a good match. However, even in those cases the praise is mainly on the opponent. We did praise Test for the injury swerve.

Honestly, I thought Test was a possible great hoss soon after he started. He had offense you just didn't see much out of big men, like the big elbow drop, the Meltdown, an Emerald Fusion-type move, and he's recently used the Test Drive.

However, he had no idea how to use those moves to put together a decent match, and he's been toned down to "punch, punch, kick, knee, Nash moves, big boot." If he was able to vary up his offense, learn psychology and how to build a match, he could be awesome.

At this point I'm not optimistic, though.

Nash is too over the hill.

La Resistance are too green but likely they'll impress in a few years.