TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest RetroRob215

It's a beautiful day...

Guest RetroRob215

The Mets won 6-2, the Yankees lost 10-3.  It is so weird seeing the Mets generate runs, but it is so comforting to see the beginning of the end for the Yankee Dynasty.

Guest DrTom

I wouldn't call it the end of the dynasty just yet.  It's the first game of the season, and they lost to an O's team eager to prove they're worth half a damn after losing their icon and having a strong spring.  Believe me, the Yankees will be right there at the end, as much as I will hate to see it.

Guest alkeiper

Clemens apparently bruised his hand and tried to pitch through it, giving up 8 runs in the process.  The Mets beat the Pirates, who were without Brian Giles.  That shouldn't even count in the standings.

Guest Smues

As much as I hate the Yankmes, you can't count them out just because they lost one game out of 162. However, I was very very happy to see them lose, and would love to see them lose all their games by 7 runs. And what made it so much sweater was the fact that of all the pitchers that could have lost, it was fuck-face Clemons. My life would be complete if he had a 20 lose season this year(not likely but hey, I can dream).

Guest RetroRob215

I'm not counting them out because of the first game.  I just truly believe that the Yankees are not making it to the Series this year.

Guest The Man in Blak

They're not going to be totally out of the water - remember the all-important "mid-season deal" postulate that always factors into the Yankee's late season efforts.  If they find out that Rondell White and Robin Ventura aren't cutting it, expect them to be on the Pirates or some other worthless team by the trade deadline.

Edit: Gawd, I'm having to edit a lot of posts today.