TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Insane Bump Machine

The One and Only Smackdown! HCTP Thread

I just busted a gut.
Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

RVD doing the Kurt Angle Milk Truck stunt was mucho funny.

Then imagine if it was GOLDBERG doing it. :D

Heh. I'm playing as Cena now(finished my Jericho season) got Sable as a manager, because she was my ONLY option. Immediately after, Torrie started hitting on me. I started being a dick to Sable every chance I got, trying to jump to Torrie's side. But then I had to control Sable in a Sable vs. Torrie match, and after I won, Cena and Sable officially became a couple, instead of just manager and client

Weird story logic.

Guest Real F'n Show

So far I've picked up that Styles Clash, Ki Krusher 99, and Code Red are in. Any other indy moves? Someone please say the cradle piledriver is in! I'll be getting it on Friday, but for me thats just too long to wait.

Guest Coffey

I played through the season mode once with Batista and won the title at Wrestlemania.

After that, I decided to start a new season with The Rock, however I kept my stats from the previous season and carried them over (it's an option, you have the choice to do so or not) so Batista is still the WWE champion.

Anyway, the second time through the season mode, you have the option to "skip" matches that you are in. Before you could only skip matches that you weren't in, now I can skip them all.

It doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but it is. Why? Well, because you get paid regardless of if you win or lose depending on if you're in a main event, PPV or a title match.

So, I just skip every match and am making money. I made ten thousand dollars in about three minutes.

:)

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

I'm heading into the final month of my Goldberg career and my tag partner and co-Tag Champ Austin won the Rumble. So he helped me out against McMahon's goons. (Jericho and RVD)

It'll be awesome for the final match of the season to be against the guy who's feuded with Evolution with me for months.

I just had a hard as fuck cage match with Rey. Everytime I thought I had him down, and his upper body was red, his arms yellow, that little son of a bitch would not stay down. Took me 20 minutes to beat the fucker.

So far I've picked up that Styles Clash, Ki Krusher 99, and Code Red are in. Any other indy moves? Someone please say the cradle piledriver is in! I'll be getting it on Friday, but for me thats just too long to wait.

Some I've noticed:

A-Train's Train Wreck can also double as Colt Cabana's Colt 45

Mike Sanders' 3.0 is in (DVD with the guy's neck landing on your knee)

Black Dragon DDT looks a little like B-Boy's Cross Special Brainbuster

Torture Rack into a Powerbomb (seen a few indy guys do that)

Tiger Bomb 4 can double as an Underhook Piledriver/Jay-Driller

Gunn Stinger (Fallaway Slam in to a Rock Bottom) lots of Indy guys do that one.

Post more as I remember them.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Last Man Standing matches are great. It takes a long time to put a guy down.

Guest Askewniverse
I wish I could find a better way to do a SD by the OS Taker, because everytime that I get someone in posistion for his Tombstone, it's always IN THE FUCKING ROPES.

What's the best way to get someone lined up for a SD?

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but, when they're laying down, just hold O and pull them towards the center of the ring. Then, pick them up, give them a toe kick(down-right and X), and do your Smackdown Special.

Damnit, I can't believe that.

Thank you.

Another easy way to set someone up for a special is to press O, then X. You'll set up the opponent for an irish whip, but then pull him back into an elbow, which will dizzy the opponent.

I played through the season mode once with Batista and won the title at Wrestlemania.

After that, I decided to start a new season with The Rock, however I kept my stats from the previous season and carried them over (it's an option, you have the choice to do so or not) so Batista is still the WWE champion.

Anyway, the second time through the season mode, you have the option to "skip" matches that you are in. Before you could only skip matches that you weren't in, now I can skip them all.

It doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but it is. Why? Well, because you get paid regardless of if you win or lose depending on if you're in a main event, PPV or a title match.

So, I just skip every match and am making money. I made ten thousand dollars in about three minutes.

:)

Doesn't that also take away from their Superstar Points though?

I wish I could find a better way to do a SD by the OS Taker, because everytime that I get someone in posistion for his Tombstone, it's always IN THE FUCKING ROPES.

What's the best way to get someone lined up for a SD?

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but, when they're laying down, just hold O and pull them towards the center of the ring. Then, pick them up, give them a toe kick(down-right and X), and do your Smackdown Special.

Damnit, I can't believe that.

Thank you.

Another easy way to set someone up for a special is to press O, then X. You'll set up the opponent for an irish whip, but then pull him back into an elbow, which will dizzy the opponent.

Thank you.

Guest Coffey
Doesn't that also take away from their Superstar Points though?

Yes, but I don't care. I just want to unlock things. Besides, when the rating gets low enough that I don't get any more matches, I'll just switch guys.

Guest Coffey

Yet another way to set someone up for a front special is to irish whip them into a corner when the turnbuckle pad has been removed.

Of course, that way doesn't eliminate the "rope break" problem that you were speaking of.

Trust me, as someone who played the first season mode with Batista (pinning powerbomb special) I know all about the rope break frustration.

I too just learned of the "toe kick" today. I've heard of it before, I just didn't know how to do it. It helps a lot.

Guest Askewniverse
In that case, play as Trips :P

Well, that's who I'm using in season mode. So far, Jericho has been my toughest opponent. It took three Pedigrees and a chair shot to put him down.

Hey...what happened to Flair's theme? I could have sworn that it was in one of IGN's videos.

I NEED HELP!!!

(minor story spoilers)

I'm playing as Old Skool Taker in Season. I started the ministry with Kane, Booker, and Trish (pretty bad members, but eh). I'm feuding with the corporation (HHH, Jericho, Jazz, Storm and Vince).

Well, the feud is at it's climax at No Mercy. It's a last man standing match for the title and it's on Smackdown difficulty. We're both busted open, and we've hit finishers on each other about 25 times. I started the match at 8:30, and it's a little past 9:15 now. He hasn't kept me down past a 4 count (it's cool when Taker sits up~), and I've gotten him to a 7 count. I've down literrally EVERYTHING I could do to him. Chairs, tables, Sledge, everything. Any pointers on how I can beat him?

Yet another way to set someone up for a front special is to irish whip them into a corner when the turnbuckle pad has been removed.

Of course, that way doesn't eliminate the "rope break" problem that you were speaking of.

Trust me, as someone who played the first season mode with Batista (pinning powerbomb special) I know all about the rope break frustration.

I too just learned of the "toe kick" today. I've heard of it before, I just didn't know how to do it. It helps a lot.

Do you own SYM as well?

Slobberknocker is practically IMPOSSIBLE to beat without knowing the toe-kick.

It's the simple moves that make the game that much easier to play.

UYI

I NEED HELP!!!

(minor story spoilers)

I'm playing as Old Skool Taker in Season. I started the ministry with Kane, Booker, and Trish (pretty bad members, but eh). I'm feuding with the corporation (HHH, Jericho, Jazz, Storm and Vince).

Well, the feud is at it's climax at No Mercy. It's a last man standing match for the title and it's on Smackdown difficulty. We're both busted open, and we've hit finishers on each other about 25 times. I started the match at 8:30, and it's a little past 9:15 now. He hasn't kept me down past a 4 count (it's cool when Taker sits up~), and I've gotten him to a 7 count. I've down literrally EVERYTHING I could do to him. Chairs, tables, Sledge, everything. Any pointers on how I can beat him?

DDT his ass on a chair, that ALWAYS works for me in those matches once they are all tired.

Hey...what happened to Flair's theme? I could have sworn that it was in one of IGN's videos.

Maybe you have to go into the CAW and change Flair's theme yourself.

Goddamit, it's in Shrewsbury, MA right now (about an hour from me). If someone reading this works in the UPS warehouse there, you think you could sneak the package down to me tonight? It's only a video game, so the box can't be THAT big to stuff under your jacket.

PLZ!?!?

Guest cpac

What is the best way I can stun an opponent so I can give them a special move. Like when they are standing up? thanks.

Well, I now have all of the movesets AND legends unlocked.

Christ DH, how long have you had the game? Like 3 days?

What'd you do? Lock yourself away in your room, refusing to come out until you had completed it? Or is there really THAT little to unlock?

Coming up next, UYI asks another 20 questions.

UYI

Maybe you have to go into the CAW and change Flair's theme yourself.

No, it isn't in the game period. :(

You'll get the game soon enough.

*ha ha*

What is the best way I can stun an opponent so I can give them a special move. Like when they are standing up? thanks.

Read over the last page of this thread.

Well, I now have all of the movesets AND legends unlocked.

Christ DH, how long have you had the game? Like 3 days?

What'd you do? Lock yourself away in your room, refusing to come out until you had completed it? Or is there really THAT little to unlock?

Coming up next, UYI asks another 20 questions.

UYI

I haven't played a video game as I've played this one, since high school. I got the game yesterday, got home with it around 11:30 AM, and I didn't turn off my PS2 untill 3:00 AM that following morning. I didn't play it that entire time, but I did for a good part of the day/night.

I've played it off and on throughout the day today.

The only thing left for me to unlock are the arenas, alternate atires, and then those stupid ass bra & pantie sets. Oh yeah, and the diva loading screens.

Who's fucking bright idea was that shit?

Who gives a piss what color the women's bras and panties are?

I'd rather have stuff WORTH a damn to unlock.

No, it isn't in the game period.

Ah, nothing says Greatest Wrestler of All Time than Lemmy's chronic "I gotta shit, but nothin's coming out" lyrics.

You'll get the game soon enough.

*ha ha*

Oh yeah? Well........Goldberg sucks!!