TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Black Tiger

Freddy vs Jason Article

Im still waiting for VS coming to Mexico, hopefully soon, but I do liked your POV.

I know that many of us just want to have fun in the movies, it doesnt matter if we have Girls in Bikinis/Underwear, Fast cars, slashing (and add the FACT that WE KNOW is FAKE, We dont Cheer for ACTUAL REAL KILLERS we cheer for one SOB killing other "Sinners"), women in skimpy outfits, explotions, monsters, guys shooting fire arms, women innocent but ready to sin... etc.. And of course, sometimes, dramatic stories or even documentals.

I just dont know why some critics can bash Movies like this.. and almost ordering you to watch X movie from Esatern Europe because they think VS is just crap while X From europe is Solid Gold almost Platinum... and all that is based on OPINIONS.. its his/her opinion that X from Europe is good.. but I digress.

Good column.

Guest The Grand Pubah of 1620

The thing is that scene at Crystal Lake was a dream that Freddy controlled. New Line made it seem that Jason was a retard, but in Paramount he wasn't.

Overall, good column. You just took a few to many liberties, IMO.

Actually, I'm pretty sure Paramount made him retarded, or at least deformed. I haven't seen 2, 3, or 4 in a long time, but I do remember in 8 when he takes the mask off, one eye was lower than the other.

Guest The Grand Pubah of 1620
Actually, I'm pretty sure Paramount made him retarded, or at least deformed. I haven't seen 2, 3, or 4 in a long time, but I do remember in 8 when he takes the mask off, one eye was lower than the other.

But if you also remember in 8 when the bio-hazard washed him away he turned back into a child, with no deformanties. The bad eye was a result of decompisition.

But if you also remember in 8 when the bio-hazard washed him away he turned back into a child, with no deformanties. The bad eye was a result of decompisition.

Part VIII was, in short, an anomaly created by Paramount execs to kill off the Jason character (which they saw as a liability and an undesirable franchise) by basically burying him while also making some quick summer movie ca$h. The director wanted Part VIII to be 2 movies: one on the boat and one in NY (set back to back like III and IV). Paramount refused, so he had to condense them into 1 movie. The execs wanted Part VIII to end Jason and the F13 franchise, so that's why they insisted on the 'toxic waste' ending (figuring no character could recover from regressing to a childlike state).

Jason was deformed as a boy...one of the 'flashback Jasons' in Part VIII is deformed and another is not (in part because nobody really gave a fuck about continuity on this movie...Crystal Lake connects to the OCEAN? It's a LAKE!).