TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

The Clique's one year title reign

From what I think, HHH has MADE EVERYONE interested in the title matches just so we can FINALLY SEE HIM lose it.

So technically anticipating him LOSING the title means he and/or the title is over with the fans. Maybe in the wrong way, but it still is.

I totally agree. When HHH finally does job, it will be a big moment because this has been building for some time.

Same bullshit was said during his 2000 heel run.

"HHH will job to Angle and turn face and we'll get a pay-off!!!! Or HHH will job to Rock and finally get a pay-off to their feud!"

It never happens. HHH will NEVER, EVER deliver in the pay-off to his long-running heel runs. NEVER.

He'll either turn face while still holding the belt or forfiet it...

From what I think, HHH has MADE EVERYONE interested in the title matches just so we can FINALLY SEE HIM lose it.

So technically anticipating him LOSING the title means he and/or the title is over with the fans. Maybe in the wrong way, but it still is.

I totally agree. When HHH finally does job, it will be a big moment because this has been building for some time.

It will be a big moment in that everyone will say finally and let out a groan.

But by then do you think anyone will care? See you might have a point if this reign had been exciting and kept everyone intrested, but it hasn't. An interesting and gripping title reign coming to a long last end would be a big moment. This one will just be more of a long last sigh of relief.

Guest The Real Nosferatu

It might be me only again but I was excited for a few of HHH's title defenses, not in a "man i hope he lose,s he sucks way".

Be thankful Mark Henry never got uber-pushed into the World Title scene. LOL

Guest Ray

I doubt HHH losing will be a great moment, because you KNOW he will lose in some shitty, disappointing way.

You won't see any spear-jackhammer-clean pin, that's for sure..

Sadly we'll probably miss a perfect celebration moment when he loses the title because by that point we'll have no faith in WWE to actually keep it off him.

That's what this long reign is doing. It's killing our faith in WWE to actually do the right thing and if it ever happens it will be "boy who cried wolf" syndrome. No one will believe it when it really happens.

Guest The Real Nosferatu

Hmmmm....HHH previous title loses.

Clean to HBK at SSeries 2002

Kind of Clean to Hogan @ Backlash (Hogan won with a leg drop about 30-40 seconds after a signle UT chair shot)

DIDNT LOSE IT to Rock at KOTR 00.

Lost it in a mix way at Backlash 00.

Vince hit HHH with belt and Show chokeslammed him to win at SSeries 99.

Vince pinned HHH after a LOT of interference.

OK so HHH isn't one to lose clean.

Guest Ray
Why was the "retirement" angle put in the match?

To make us all think HHH will lose because we are so used to him winning? ;)

Why was the "retirement" angle put in the match?

I think to raise the stakes and make it more marketable to marks. You know, "dude, we have to order this, it might be Goldberg's last match" sort of way.

Guest The Real Nosferatu

Not that I want HHH as champ for ANOTHER month, but I hope Goldberg loses so he can leave WWE for good.

And if he does somehow win, I hope Kane isn't fucked enough so he can't win it from him as soon as possible.

OK, do you want to know the last time I found HHH entertaining. Last night on Raw. That was a great promo he cut that made people want to see Goldberg beat him for the title even more, and also added a sense of importance to the title. And the crowd was definitely into the segment. When Rock was doing a verbal battle with Goldberg, all he did was make Goldberg look lke shit. Through his persona and overness as a heel, HHH makes the faces look better.

I think HHH has been an excellent champion, and I always sit up whenever he's on my screen. Just because he's got stuck with a couple people that the fans wouldn't pop for doesn't make him a bad champion. His feuds with RVD, HBK, Booker T, and Goldberg have all been top of the line. In fact, I think the Goldberg feud has the potential to be the hottest feud of the year. It's been much better than Angle/Brock so far.

And here's something I liked:

If ratings and show attendance was as high as it was a couple of years ago, I would have no problem with him holding the belt.

Hello. Ratings are higher than they were when his reign started. Two years ago, we were in the early stages of the invasion angle when it was still drawing money, but ratings are certainly higher than they were right before HHH's reign when the belt was constantly switching hands.

Oh, and I almost guarantee you that HHH will job cleanly at Unforgiven. He's the one with the evil stable watching his back. And it will have 100 times more impact than if he'd just lost to Booker T at Wrestlemania.

Guest The Real Nosferatu

Ric Flair gets FIFTY TIMES THE POP HHH does, and Flair STILL puts on better matches. Jesus Christ are you fucking blind or something?

The HHH/Goldberg interview totally turned me off Raw last night. Whenever something could be said in 3 minutes, but takes up 15 - you know you're going to get a bad show.

Goldberg: HHH, get out here or I will come back there and beat your ass.

*HHH comes out*

HHH: Goldberg, I'm the champ, I beat you last night, look at my muscles.

Goldberg: I want a match.

HHH: No... there isn't anything I want from you... expect one thing, put your career on the line.

Goldberg: Ok.

JR: BAH GAWD

*over*

Guest The Real Nosferatu
The HHH/Goldberg interview totally turned me off Raw last night. Whenever something could be said in 3 minutes, but takes up 15 - you know you're going to get a bad show.

Goldberg: HHH, get out here or I will come back there and beat your ass.

*HHH comes out*

HHH: Goldberg, I'm the champ, I beat you last night, look at my muscles.

Goldberg: I want a match.

HHH: No... there isn't anything I want from you... expect one thing, put your career on the line.

Goldberg: Ok.

JR: BAH GAWD

*over*

10 Minutes summed up in 4 lines. RRR rules

Yeah, but if you sum everything up in four lines, that would completely eliminate the character development, which is what a lot of people watch for.

The opening segment was fine.

Guest Sakura

Buff and Luger need to come out and complain that they have already retired Berg.

Guest The Real Nosferatu

Dear God, if Buff or luger get hired by WWE again I will kill someone.

The less time Goldberg talks, the better. His fascination with HHH's ass and it's size is baffling. That's 5 minutes of Goldberg talking about HHH's ass and how it's his.

If HHH didn't spend so much time putting himself over at the expense of others, the promo would have been cut by 5 minutes.

That's 10 minutes of needless chatter. 10 minutes that could have gone to getting someone else over. The WWE needs to be more efficient with their time and realize time is not expendable.

Character development? How did their characters develop? HHH was still HHH, Goldberg was still Goldberg, Flair and Orton were still carrying HHH's luggage and stayed in the background. Hell, the only thing that developed was their fashion sense as they've switched to cabana wear rather than suits and sport jackets.

The less time Goldberg talks, the better. His fascination with HHH's ass and it's size is baffling. That's 5 minutes of Goldberg talking about HHH's ass and how it's his.

If HHH didn't spend so much time putting himself over at the expense of others, the promo would have been cut by 5 minutes.

That's 10 minutes of needless chatter. 10 minutes that could have gone to getting someone else over. The WWE needs to be more efficient with their time and realize time is not expendable.

Putting over next month's PPV main event that people are going to be shelling out their hard-earned money for should be the top priority for Vince and Co. Giving that ten minutes to a lower mid-card match that no one wants to see anyway would be completely counterproductive.

Character development?  How did their characters develop?  HHH was still HHH, Goldberg was still Goldberg, Flair and Orton were still carrying HHH's luggage and stayed in the background.  Hell, the only thing that developed was their fashion sense as they've switched to cabana wear rather than suits and sport jackets.

HHH was showing that he disrespected Goldberg and Goldberg showed that he's a badass who's so hungry for the World Title that he's willing to put his career on the line. Maybe it doesn't develop the characters as much as the feud.

Guest The Real Nosferatu

Sadly, ALL THE LOW CARDERS ON RAW I LIKE more than Goldberg. Giving time to them Builds Main Eventers of the future moron. HHH, Flair, RVD, HBK, Booker, Kane, and Nash can;t fucking live forever.

Orton was a low midcarder months ago, but now he is being pushed as a contender. Not an emediate one, but it's a start.

Guest The Real Nosferatu
Character development?  How did their characters develop?  HHH was still HHH, Goldberg was still Goldberg, Flair and Orton were still carrying HHH's luggage and stayed in the background.  Hell, the only thing that developed was their fashion sense as they've switched to cabana wear rather than suits and sport jackets.

HHH was showing that he disrespected Goldberg and Goldberg showed that he's a badass who's so hungry for the World Title that he's willing to put his career on the line. Maybe it doesn't develop the characters as much as the feud.

Building Character is waht the Hurricane/Rosey thing is. Kinda. HHH telling Goldberg he sucks is NOT developing character. It's pointing out facts. HHH's character has been developed for years, ditto Goldberg. WHAT DEVELOPEMENT CAN THEY POSSIBLY DO?!

Hey I'm not a Goldberg fan either. If I was gonna get to see Unforgiven next month, I'd probably root for HHH. But I recognize that a lot of people out there do like Goldberg, and that the HHH/Goldberg feud should help draw a good buyrate for Unforgiven.

Guest The Real Nosferatu

If theres one person this board hates more than HHH is Goldberg. I don't see this being a big buyrate PPV. 1 on 1 this match is gonna suck. Goldberg does 3 moves, HHH can barely do a move with all his injuries, and it will probably be 15 minutes long.

Building Character is waht the Hurricane/Rosey thing is. Kinda. HHH telling Goldberg he sucks is NOT developing character. It's pointing out facts. HHH's character has been developed for years, ditto Goldberg. WHAT DEVELOPEMENT CAN THEY POSSIBLY DO?!

I just said that the primary purpose was to develop the feud, but if HHH and Goldberg never talk, people will become apathetic about their characters and will cease to be interested in their matches. Goldberg doesn't even have a real character, and any humanizing of him will help. As for HHH, his character has completely changed over the last year or so under the influence of Flair.

And the Hurricane/Rosey skits aren't character development, they're a bunch of corny, goofy bullshit.

Guest The Real Nosferatu

Goldberg DID Talk in his first two feuds...and he SUCKED! He sounded like an idiot. Imagine a 5 year old with a speech impediment trying to trash talk Rock or Jericho, and thats what Goldberg is.