TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vern Gagne

Official College Football thread

Guest The Grand Pubah of 1620

That was fucking complete!

Well there's 3 points fucked away by the refs!

Temple is getting the boot from the Big East next year in football for UConn and they might as well move to I-AA. They could join the Sun Belt conference for a shot at a conference championship but not sure if they could beat out North Texas.

I completley forgot that Temple is in the Big East. I was thinking it was a matchup between two Division I-AA schools.

Man, it's like the gloves suddenly came off in the Oklahoma/Alabama game.

How the hell is Florida doing so well? Man, just when I thought that Tennessee could beat them with fair certainty...

HOLY SHIT! Anyone else see that WR from LSU land on his head?

Don't have the Florida-Miami game here (USC-BYU where USC is letting an early blow out turn into a tight game) but if Florida holds on that will probably be the end of fireronzook.com.

I guess losing the 49ers 3rd string quarterback was a bigger loss than people made it out to be.

33-10! Holy shit...no one saw this coming.

Edited by Bored

I'm marking so hard for this Oklahoma/Alabama game. I went NUTS when Alabama converted that 4th down and juuuuuust barely got the first down from the chain measurement in the 3rd quarter.

20-10 with about 8 minutes left, and Alabama has the ball...

Ugh this is turning into a REALLY ugly day for the Pac-10. Oregon St. (last night), Washington St., UCLA, and Cal all lose close ones that they could have won and right now USC is dangerously close to blowing 21-0 lead to BYU. Arizona is already down 17-0 to LSU but Arizona won probably the only game they'll win all year against UTEP last week. Oh AND Stanford and Arizona St. are losing to San Jose St. and Northern Arizona respectively at the moment but its early.

Hmmmm 33-25 Florida now...spoke too soon.

I just saw the score 33-32...did Miami not go for the tie?

USC scores a touchdown to go up 28-18 so looks like they'll pull it out.

LSU is up on Arizona 31-0...with over 9 minutes left in the 2nd quarter! How in the hell did Makovic keep his job? U of A is just terrible. And who is the genius at TBS that chose to have two Arizona games to start their football season? They show Oregon/Arizona next week.

Miami was given a celebration penalty, so the two point conversion would have been from the 17, not the 2. They went for the PAT instead.

Meanwhile, Alabama's kicker hardly got any bounce on the onside kick, and our final score appears to be 20-13, Oklahoma.

Coach MUST wear an Alabama jersey Monday night to piss off JR. Sure it'd make the crowd love him, but come on, they do anyway!

I'm not even bothering with that LSU/Arizona game anymore.

Guest The Grand Pubah of 1620
Coach MUST wear an Alabama jersey Monday night to piss off JR. Sure it'd make the crowd love him, but come on, they do anyway!

I'm not even bothering with that LSU/Arizona game anymore.

He better!~

Bama got some bad calls and dcouldn't get the O working. Great game and OU deserved the win.

But just wait until next year, when it'll actually count!

ABC finally switched over to Florida/Miami out here.

I got home after being gone all day so I missed the early games. Kotz, I did see the fourth down pass by Croyle though, that was nice.

On a good note perhaps it was good that I didn't see the UCLA game. Otherwise I would have been cursing at the screen wondering why UCLA chose to put a true freshman in for the final drive.

And man, Auburn sucks. Some preseason #1 pick, Sporting News.

Baylor loses 52-14

Next up on the 'quest to win one game' for Baylor is SMU. It shall be a battle of Titans.

And Arkansas kicked the shit out of Tulsa, 45-13

leading up to the battle next week.. The Razorbacks go to Austin to face the Longhorns.

Yeah, I'm seriously wondering why Auburn was so highly ranked going into the season. They've gotten flat-out embarrassed two weeks in a row.

And Go Canes for bringing Florida back down to Earth in that second half and making them look very beatable in two weeks when DA VOLS~ come a-callin'.

GodDAMN I missed these crazy Saturdays and (soon to be) Sundays.

Guest stardust
Baylor loses 52-14

That was such a fun game to be at. And to think, we were only 15 point favorites going into the game...

Baylor loses 52-14

That was such a fun game to be at. And to think, we were only 15 point favorites going into the game...

How much money did you make betting on that game? :lol:

I'd say that when it comes to football in Texas, North Texas is pretty good.

Rankings of CF teams in Texas (based off the CFN 117 ranks):

Texas

A&M

TCU

Texas Tech

North Texas

Rice

SMU

Houston

Baylor

UTEP

Auburn's never been able to live up any sort of hype. Even when Bo Jackson was there, they'd disapoint.

Great Finish in the Florida-Miami game. Too bad they won't play until 2009. Which team is chickenshit?

You sure Rice should be ahead of Houston? Rice lost 48-14 to Houston.

Judging from Kotz's posts, I'm not the only Vol fan around this board. I think Tennessee should win. I was at the Swamp for the first time this summer. Its pretty small. About half the size of Neyland Stadium.

Cal Poly beats UTEP, 34-14

In 22 games between I-A and I-AA teams, I-AA has four wins. Villanova beat Temple, Poly beat UTEP, Eastern Washington beat Idaho and Stephen F. Austin beat Louisana-Monroe

So, how will the top 10 change now?

Top 10:

1- OU

2- Ohio State

3- Miami

4- USC

5- Michigan

6- Texas

7- K-State

8- Georgia

9- Virginia-Tech

10- Pitt

Only Texas took the week off.

OU, OSU and Miami won close games

USC beat BYU

Michigan, K-State, Tech and Pitt all blew out their opponents.

Any movement?

Guest stardust
Baylor loses 52-14

How much money did you make betting on that game? :lol:

I'd say that when it comes to football in Texas, North Texas is pretty good.

Rankings of CF teams in Texas (based off the CFN 117 ranks):

Texas

A&M

TCU

Texas Tech

North Texas

Rice

SMU

Houston

Baylor

UTEP

I actually didn't put any money down on the game (hell, even North Texas fans were surprised that we ran all over Baylor like we did). I'm not really the gambling type, anyway. And it's kinda weird to see that we're ranked 5th in the state. Three years ago, we were a lot closer to the bottom. Oh, what a couple of conference championships and a bowl game win will do for a team. *grin*

Here is the new AP Poll (fuck ESPN):

1. Oklahoma

2. Miami

3. Ohio State

4. USC

5. Michigan

6. Texas

7. Kansas State

8. Georgia

9. Virginia Tech

10. Florida State

11. Pittsburgh