Vern Gagne

Official College Football thread

BTW.. K-State v. Missouri for the Big 12 title

K-State

11 in a row over KU

10 in a row over MU

10 in a row over ISU

2 in a row over NU

now if we could finally beat Texas again...

I'm torn about the possibility of a rematch from the '00 Big-12 champ game

A KSU win would be huge and get them to a BCS bowl, but then we'd be stuck with some national title game that could very well suck

K-State has a shot.. if they saw what Baylor did to OU.

Baylor blitzed OU and actually made them look bad. (Granted, OU was up by 30 at the time). Still, against the best team in the nation, you have to find a weakness.

Remember OU/K-State in 2000? Game 2 came down to the wire. I think K-State got to go to San Diego for their games against the National Champs.

The projection is K-State v. Ole Miss for the Cotton Bowl, but you know the Cotton Bowl will go for a Texas school first. Like 1998.

If K-State wins, OU will definately stay in the title game. Unless it's a total asswhupping.

BTW.. A&M deserves a few beatings for that Big 12 title game in 1998.

The Title Game should stay in Kansas City. It's a city that's a reasonable center for the league. Plus, it's a big stadium and a a great town.

Fuck San Antonio, St. Louis and Denver.

If only Snyder didn't run a QB draw in the 4th with Schwinn against Marshall

K-State has a shot.. if they saw what Baylor did to OU.

Baylor blitzed OU and actually made them look bad. (Granted, OU was up by 30 at the time). Still, against the best team in the nation, you have to find a weakness.

Remember OU/K-State in 2000? Game 2 came down to the wire. I think K-State got to go to San Diego for their games against the National Champs.

The projection is K-State v. Ole Miss for the Cotton Bowl, but you know the Cotton Bowl will go for a Texas school first. Like 1998.

If K-State wins, OU will definately stay in the title game. Unless it's a total asswhupping.

I remember the '00 champ game very much so

KSU's '00 bowl game was the Cotton Bowl win against Tennessee <insert taunt to Discojunge>

Knowing how the bowls love to treat KSU, I bet even if KSU won the Big 12 the BCS would still try to find some loophole to prevent them from going to a BCS bowl

As for OU still going to the title game, I'm not so sure. Remember the NCAA pollers have that "early loss = overcomable, late loss = fuck you" policy

BTW.. A&M deserves a few beatings for that Big 12 title game in 1998.

What's up with A & M this year? I thought Franchione was supposed to, you know, make them BETTER? Do they just not know his system or something because they are TERRIBLE this year.

I think the Sugar Bowl would be better without Oklahoma. I don't want to see a blowout in my championship games. I've got the Super Bowl for that.

Where is the Big XII title game this year?

Wait why is Ohio State HHH? They've jobbed. OU hasn't jobbed at all? Or should we call them OUndertaker? Because they won't let there opponent get any offense in and they refuse to sell?

Like I said I was at the OU/Baylor game. OU wasn't trying at all. They phoned that game in. I think Bob Stoops was sleeping on the sidelines.....but it was probably because they spent the last 2 weeks playing hard and whipping as against OSU and A&M so maybe they didn't want to exert themselves against a sure thing.

Oh and.......I think USC could give Oklahoma a competitive national championship game...ok......yes OU is going to crush whoever they face.

OHHHio State is Triple H because every time they look like they are going to job, in comes the sledgehammer or Evolution to snatch victory away from their opponents. Whereas OU squashes people, OHHHio State cruely teases vulnerability until crushing you by escaping with a win yet again.

OHHHio State is Triple H because every time they look like they are going to job, in comes the sledgehammer or Evolution to snatch victory away from their opponents. Whereas OU squashes people, OHHHio State cruely teases vulnerability until crushing you by escaping with a win yet again.

Good justification

And OUndertaker works too, even though it doesn't quite fit in as well as Ohhhio State

Good lord the BCS (or at least the New York Times computer) needs to go far far away.

As if we needed any more evidence.

From ESPN.com

The bizarre nature of the BCS Standings should be further exposed on Monday afternoon, when Ohio State will likely take over the No. 2 overall spot despite being ranked No. 4 in both polls of human voters.

Every team ranked in the BCS top 10 was victorious Saturday, so there wasn't expected to be much shakeup in this week's standings. But as we've observed time and time again, these rankings don't operate like the traditional polls. Teams can (and often do) fall after a win. This week, it was USC and TCU who fell.

Southern California's lead on Ohio State was almost a point and a half last week, but that evaporated because of the strength of OSU's weekend opponent (Purdue) compared with the weakness of USC's opponent (Arizona). The Buckeyes gained enough ground in the computer and schedule-strength elements of the BCS formula to more than offset the two-point advantage USC holds over them in average poll ranking.

The biggest surprise came from The New York Times' computer, which unexpectedly dropped the once-beaten Trojans from third to fifth. Texas (9-2) is No. 3 in those ratings, and Florida (8-3) is No. 4.

Fortunately for USC, it doesn't have any more games against teams as bad as Arizona. Unfortunately for the Trojans, Ohio State's final opponent (Michigan) is even stronger than Purdue. If the Buckeyes win that game, they will likely remain at No. 2 in the following week's BCS Standings.

-------------------------------------------

Yes, the NYT computer somehow managed to get 14th ranked, 3 loss Florida ahead of USC. The NYT computer is also the one that will rank the TCUs, Bowling Greens, NIUs in the mid 20 at best when every other computer can have them in the top 10. It is absurd that the BCS can have such a statistical outlier throw off so much stuff. You know what you do to outliers? Throw them out of the equation. I hope Congress burns somebody's ass for this one.

*cough* tournament *cough*

Oh well I have confidence that Michigan will beat OHHHio State...just worried about the sledgehammer.

Texas is in the top 10?

Who the hell did Texas beat? they lost to Arkansas, they lost to Oklahoma (big time)

they're getting points for beating Nebraska?

Where have you been? They are ranked #5 in the BCS and barring a bizarre set of circumstances (like A&M beating them) they are a lock for the Fiesta Bowl.

Well I'd put 16 personally....as I keep saying like every other level of college football. It's the only way you can get all conference champs in and get enough schools from the big conferences to make them happy.

Where have you been? They are ranked #5 in the BCS and barring a bizarre set of circumstances (like A&M beating them) they are a lock for the Fiesta Bowl.

I'm going to object to Texas in the Fiesta Bowl.

For one, who the hell did they ever beat convincingly? KSU was a close game, Tech was close. Do they get points for blowing away OSU? or Rice? or Tulane?

Does the computer give Texas some SOS since they played Oklahoma? even if OU whupped the bullshit out of them?

Go A&M!

Guest Choken One

I just wish they took the BCS Top 8 and had a 1/8, 2/7, 3/6, 4/5 Playoff.

Which at this point would mean

Oklahoma Vs TCU

Ohio State Vs Tennesee

LSU Vs Georgia

USC Vs Texas

I'm going to object to Texas in the Fiesta Bowl.

For one, who the hell did they ever beat convincingly? KSU was a close game, Tech was close. Do they get points for blowing away OSU? or Rice? or Tulane?

Does the computer give Texas some SOS since they played Oklahoma? even if OU whupped the bullshit out of them?

Go A&M!

Hey I wouldn't want them there and before they blew out Oklahoma State I wasn't even sure if they should even be ranked. Their fans travel well so they will be taken.

Oh and a response to another post another reason to have 16 teams is because of a team like Miami of Ohio which I think probably would beat TCU. You put them in a tournament and they might pull an upset or two and people LOVE the Cindarella story. That's what makes the basketball tournament so great, rooting for the underdog, and of course filling out your brackets.

Come on Wolverines, knock the Luckeyes out of the national title hunt once and for all and reclaim the rivalry

BTW, Bored, I love that Ohhhio State nickname you made (as you can tell), but I'm wondering... who is your college team(s) of choice? I've never seen who you root for (maybe I'm not paying close enough attention)

Bored is the Pac-10 guy around here, along with Spicy McHaggis.

Rob's the Big XII guy.

Angelslayer and El Satanico are the Big Ten guys.

Johnson and myself are the SEC dudes.

Eww.

We don't have a Big East or ACC dude. We should change that.