TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mystery Eskimo

IZ general meeting

Ok.

So this thread was going up after IZ tonight, but as I have virtually nothing for that show, we may as well go now.

I don't think anyone on the IZ side would dispute that HeldDown has been the better show since the roster split. A look at the new world champion shows the dominance it has over IZ.

So- how can IZ compete better?

Firstly, we clearly need fresh blood. Could someone do a list of who is actually active on IZ now?

If you know anyone on the board who you think would be good for IZ, recruit them. I'd rather do that then have to import from HD, but if any HD guys want to get more of the spotlight, IZ is wide open for you to jump in.

There have been some good IZ shows over the past few months, but we need to improve.

Any ideas, criticisms- anything at all, bring it on.

And finally- PLEASE get me more stuff for tonights show, or else I'll put myself over all of you :)

I think both PRL and Calvin have stuff for IZ to still turn in.

Here's the IZ roster:

Eskimo

Blurricane

Bizarro

Shooter Jay

PRL

Reject

Orion

Mad Cappa

Vitamin X

Shocker

Edward Robins

Banky

K-Ness

Jailbait

El Dandy

Inactive:

DA

Sonic Youth

JOB Squad

Kyle Landis/Crazy Spot Monkey

Debuting Soon:

"Youngblood" Cliff Young (Corey Laz)

Mike Darring (DonWestMark03's new character)

Am I forgetting anyone?

Edited by LaParkaYourCar

Time for iZ's former lead producer to chime in here.

Look. We need guys to be active. Ed and Dandy really need to get their act into gear and decide if this is for them or not. The wishy-washyness is tough. The same goes for Jailbait and Reject, who are starting to get better feuds, but simply put...

1) WE CANT PUT YOU OVER IF YOURE NOT HERE!

That being said, I will commend Orion for doing stuff, but baby, you need more consistency too. If you can start getting active, Ive got no problems writing you in as the winner of the Orion/Banky iZ control match.

2) WE NEED A STORYLINE GM WHO IS HERE!

K-Ness, you really need to get on the ball. You're the NA champ, and we got spoiled with Jay being a very active and good champ. Champs get the belt because they show good effort and are here...and you're getting sporadic. Active champs get longer reigns...its that simple.

3) GOT THAT? ACTIVITY IS THE KEY TO GET A BELT!

PRL and Cappa, you guys have been here a good long while, and I hope to god your feud starts back up now. If anyone's feud saved this show in the past, it was you guys.

4) WORKING A FEUD WITH ANOTHER PERSON CUTS YOUR WORK AND MAKES YOU MORE ACTIVE

About importing HD guys. DO IT. HD has become so damn long it needs cutting. Give some of the guys there that are getting lost a chance to kick it to iZ. Call it a talent coup or something like that.

Now, about recruiting. We did recruit, but alot of guys I tried to recruit Zack had already recruited to HD. Which brings me to law #5

5) WE RECRUIT FOR OAOAST, NOT FOR AN INDIVIDUAL SHOW.

New recruits should be balanced between both shows. It's just that simple. For what new recruits we do have, we need to get them into the mix now.

iZ can be rebuilt, and it needs to be built back around the NA title like it was in the past. At one time we had 8 guys gunning for the belt storyline wise, and that made it mean more than any other belt cept the world title here. It can still do that, but youve got to have it actively defended every week. People need to understand that while they probably wont win the belt on the first try, having matches for it is a sure way to improve chances.

iZ rewards work, not who you know

thats the bpp's spiel on this.

word life

Actually, you can't say I only recruit for hD~!, as I've been helping Jay with IZ recruiting as of late. Just not many people interested.

And for importing HeldDOWN~! talent that is "lost in the shuffle"...there aren't any! Everyone's pretty much got an active role. The only thing I can suggest is if HSJ comes back, you can take him, and maybe Rando would want to move Toy Machine to IZ, since he's not immersed in an hD~! feud or anything at this point. Other than that, everyone's got a semblance of what they want to do, or have a feud lined up, and I'd rather that not get screwed with.

As for the recruiting, you guys were always free to recruit. That's what drove the draft to work...who knew who the other show was recruiting, etc. I guess I just put more effort into it than others.

But I did get you your IZ standout, Mr. Jay Darring, so boo to you!

I was referring to Eskimo's point of just importing some hD people. I had assumed you had talked about it

And you're right, there isn't a ton of interest right now, but I do remember the days where you were definitely more actively recruiting than anyone else. I had asked help once and you dissed me then

=) boo hoo

What do you want on the graphic?

Just something to help spread the word...a snappy IntenseZone logo (I don't think we have an official one?) and some kind of slogan...

"Get in the 'Zone: OAOAST now recruiting" ... that's not great, but something like that. Anyone with a better suggestion bring it on.

Guest The Mad Cappa

I like the graphic! Well, I'm also a part of the problem, since I also haven't written anything for IZ since I have returned! I've been busy adjusting to life being in the Navy (at A school for photography specfically). Now I know what I my limitations are. I can write up things up on weekends (since weekdays are so busy with school work and Navy stuff)! So I will start contributing more starting with the next IZ!

But then again, I am directionless as I think about it.

Guest TheGame2705

My gripe was that I was actually into it and my angle got shot and kicked in the balls. That's not the OAOAST's fault however.

Guest SP-1

Yeah that's pretty much my fault. Which I am sorry for. What's coming next for me pretty much shows where I am with OAOAST right now. You'll know it when you read it . . .

So is anyone going to actually use the banner?

Yes :D

Hmm....I wanted to make "Join now" in my sig big and in red....but size and color tags don't seem to work for me...I'm probably doing something stupid.

I'm tied to HeldDown for a while, but I'd be more than happy to switch to IZ and replace Popick as opne of the big heels. It makes sense storyline wise as well.

Eskimo, what do you say?...

Sign in to follow this