TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Just call me Dan

DragonBallZ Movie

I saw advertisments at my Wal-Marts in early August promoting the English version of the Brolli(sp?) movie on DVD. It was pretty heavily promoted as coming out on the 26th, and I never saw it. Has anyone picked it up or reviewed it? Does it exist?

That would be great. I've always seen the foreign clips for years and it looked so intriguing, but i'm a big fan of the English voices.

English voices? Those hacks? You realize that they know nothing about the original and the guy who voice's Goku pretty much considers himself the only "true" voice of Goku despite the fact that Masako Nowaza IS the voice of Goku because the creator, Akira Toriyama, pretty much hand picked her. Actually if you want to get technical the Japanese voices are the "correct" voices and the English VA's should do there best to imitate the Japanese VA's and not put there own "spin" on it because they fail miserably and well there incredibley disrespectful to the Japanese version if you've ever heard them speak on it....despite the fact that THEY WOULDN'T HAVE A JOB if it wasn't for the Japanese version.

Oh and yes I'm a fan of the series and I've seen every single episode in Japanese and every movie. That stuff you watch on Cartoon Network is not Dragonball Z. It is FUNIball Z...an American wannabe cartoon that uses scenes from the original DBZ but nothing else.

I love and worship you now^^^

Thank you....I do my best....

*leaves to bomb FUNImation headquarters...*

Oh and Chris Sabbat....(VA of Vegita and a billion other characters that he does ALL WRONG)....Vegita DOES NOT SOUND LIKE A SNAKEY VILLAIN! GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD! He sounds very refined and proper. His voice is deap and proud. Ryo(the original VA) had it DOWN. You sir are a poor imitation. And Vegita also does not need to sound like he's taking a gigantic dump when he is powering up.

And Sean Schemmel(Goku's VA)....Son Goku is an innocent man with a child's mind. I don't know where the hell you got that he was a...oh how did you put it? "Monkey-like fighting badass"....you sir are a disgrace to Akira Toriyama and Masako Nowaza. You are not Goku..no matter how much you say you are. Yes he actually claims that he is the real voice of Goku. He's also made some borderline racist comments about the Japanese and basically feels that what him and FUNI did to DBZ is the best thing to ever happen to it and despite the fact that the Japanese created it...they just didn't do it right.

What a righteous jackass.

Guest Danny Dubya v 2.0
And Vegita also does not need to sound like he's taking a gigantic dump when he is powering up.

You're thinking of Piccolo.

Ian James Corlett ... if that's the guy that voiced "surfer Goku", that's a huge contrast to his VA work as Bob from ReBoot... ... that or Bob was perfectly suited for a surfer voice anyway =P

I'm talking about Sean Schemmel. The current VA. That has been voicing it since FUNI took over dubbing from Ocean.

And both Vegita and Piccolo sound like they are taking a dump when they power up...hell they all do. Which they don't sound like that in the original(i.e. real) Japanese version.

I like the voices, and that is my opinion. The Japanese versions (the originals) sound too high ppitched and lack emotion (I don't understand the language). Basically, that is all I've seen. I in no way said "American DBZ RULEZ, JAPANS SUX!!" I just watched America's version and enjoy it. Is that so wrong? Does there have to be some DBZ "purist" chastizing me because I don't have superior knowledge of the original? Give me a break.

Guest Danny Dubya v 2.0

The original series doesn't sound as cheesy and the music isn't quite as lame... unless you think the japanese music is lame too, but I know many can't stand "Rock the Dragon" and prefer "Cha La Head Cha La".

I used to be into Dragonball Z a lot. And still would be if it wasn't so centered around the Saiyans and battles were fought with actual skill instead of constant power blasts and the strongest always winning. And then there's that destroy-universe-then-revive-with-dragonballs-rinse-repeat shit.

Watch Yuyu Hakusho if you haven't already... the plot is at least decent and the fights are spectacular and unpredictable.

I like the voices, and that is my opinion. The Japanese versions (the originals) sound too high ppitched and lack emotion (I don't understand the language). Basically, that is all I've seen. I in no way said "American DBZ RULEZ, JAPANS SUX!!" I just watched America's version and enjoy it. Is that so wrong? Does there have to be some DBZ "purist" chastizing me because I don't have superior knowledge of the original? Give me a break.

Hey have your opinion all you want just don't say that the American VA's are better or the way they should sound. Because that's just downright wrong.

How could the Japanese not show emotion? That's some of the most emotional VA I've seen. The Americans all sound like the same cookie cutter saturday morning cartoon characters. There's no emotion nor is there any depth. They're just a bunch of idiots that think they know what's best....

Oh and if you think watching the American version you are getting the story of DBZ you are sadly mistaken. They've chopped the story so bad that they're pratically two different series. Really get a DVD and watch the English Language with the Japanese subtitles...no two lines are the same. And they're speaking there corny dialogue when there is no dialogue in the real version. Hell they flat out ignore certain story elements and MAKE OTHERS UP. And they even have a comedy writer that is there to "beef up" the comedy. Yeah fucking right. The original was funny enough and emotional enough. Besides what FUNI considers comedy is really just corny kid shit.

Oh and don't get me started on the American music. It is total emotionless tripe. Not to mention that it drones on CONSTANTLY. If they could just learn when to shut there mouths and not play music(like the real version does) then maybe they could create some emotion or drama.

http://www.dbzoa.net/

Go there if you want to learn more about the differences and pretty much how bad FUNI has screwed the DBZ series over. I used to work on the site and I highly recommend it to open anyone's eyes.