TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest jimmy no nose

What would you like to see scotsman reivew?

Guest jimmy no nose

It seems like since he began doing video game reviews for the smarks Scotsman has been reviewing only crappy old wrestling games(for the most part).  While I still find these very entertaining I'd like to see Scotsman review some games from other genres and possibly even a few good games.  I would also like some reviews of games that came out just recently so that I can see what he thinks of today's games.  He seems like he could pull out some great, funny reviews without simply giving reasons why the games suck.  I think I'd really enjoy a Conker's Bad Fur Day review from him as well as reviews of WWF No Mercy, Fire Pro D, Grand Theft Auto 3(possibly even the whole series), Metal Gear Solid 2, State of Emergency(when it's released), and any other games that have been either overly advertised, unfairly reviewed, simply great, or overly praised games to come out in the last year or so.  It'd be nice to see a few more reviews up on the site, possibly about 1 every week.  They could even add a video game section like the DVD section where Scotsman and a few others put up reviews.  I'm sure that there are people that would like to see that.

Guest Scotsman

As much as I’d like to do reviews for good games….it’s hard.  It’s much easier pointing out how much a game sucks, as that way the material is there for you.  I mean…I can make a good game review entertaining….but I tend to go for pure humour so it’s hard.

I am planning on branching out to other genres too….I’ll be doing a review for Hooligans: Storm Over Europe soon…and while it’s probably a good read(I’m modest) it’s not really that funny so I dunno…reviewing good games is hard.

And we’ve been planning a section for video games for awhile….the site’s still trying to get all sorted out though….but we’ve had an idea for it for awhile…hell Scott even came up with a gay little name for it and everything!

Guest jimmy no nose

That's good to hear, all great sections need a gay name.  I see what you're saying about writing good reviews being hard.  Each time I read one of those I find them rather entertaining, but there is really nowhere to throw in the usual Scotsman humor pieces.  The only funny parts that ever come up are when they tell stories of how bad they suck at the game.  Ah well, I'm sure your review will at least give me some reason to buy WCW Thunder.

Guest Scotsman

Actually...as much as I hate Thunder, I'm sure I can turn reviewing it into one of the most entertaining pieces I've ever written....if I can survive that long without shooting myself of course.

Guest fazzle
one of the most entertaining pieces I've ever written

yeah, [insert slam here]

Anyways, I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  If you wanna review shit, review Friday the 13th damnit!

Guest J*ingus

Just to be a true sadist, I suggest WCW: Nitro, Thunder, Revenge, World Tour, Mayhem, and Backstage Assault.  You could turn it into the funniest review series of all times.

Guest Spaceman Spiff

What's wrong w/ Revenge & World Tour?  Sure, compared to No Mercy they look out-of-date, but when they came out they were right up there w/ the best wrestling video games of the day.

Guest J*ingus

I've never played those.  After having Nitro, Thunder, and Mayhem inflicted on me, I never wanted to touch a WCW game again.

Guest theWCWRaider

Unless he reviewed it when I wasn't looking...I'm still waiting for the review for Pro Wrestling for the NES.

Guest Juvydriver

As a guy who almost bought Nitro when it came out and thought Thunder looked like a lot of fun before I played it, I think that Scots could write a killer piece about those two.

I have never played no mercy, but of all the wrestling games I have played (all except No Mercy and Smackdown for PS2), Revenge was the most fun.  The 4 player mode was a blast.

Juvy

Guest Brush with Greatness

GRUNT: The Wrestling Movie!

As far as videogames go, I think Pro Wrestling for NES would be a start.  Cool game.  I was always the character that you could use to bite the other guys head..

I would recommend some arcade games but I seem to recall him doing either Superstars or Wrestlefest.  If you haven't then do them.  If you have give me a link.

Or try a game called "Champion Wrestler" by Taito.  Its an arcade game.  Without a doubt the funnest arcade wrestling game ever.  On second thought, do this game before any other.

http://www.mame.dk/gameinfo/champwru/

Guest Scotsman

http://home.cogeco.ca/~gmcgaw3/videogames/...s/wwfsuperstars

Theres the WWF Superstars - Arcade review.

Pro Wrestling for NES is the highest recommended game for me to review.  Once I get my NES Emulator working on my Dreamcast, I'll do it then.  

And god...WCW Nitro gives me nightmares.  I'd just returned from a trip to Scotland that was hell....lost my luggage and been strip searched at the airport due to making an inappropriate joke...god there was about 30 things that went wrong with that trip.  Anyway, my girlfriend picked me up and I was bitching about how bad the trip was, so she made me feel better by giving me a present: WCW Nitro for PC.  I was soooo excited....it'd made my day.....

Until I played the game.

YEAH YEAH!  I'll review that next.  Look for that this week.

Guest MARTYEWR

Oh my good God, WCW Nitro is awful. The simulation of matches stink, the graphics are iffy, and maybe 16 guys out of the 80 or whatever number of wrestlers there are, actually have their correct finishers. Thank god two of them are Benoit and Jericho.

Although it's pretty cute seeing La Parka do the Jackhammer... :)

Guest AM The Kid

WCW Nitro for the N64...worst game ever. The controls are screwed, the graphics suck, the sounds sucks...etc.

Guest fazzle
WCW Nitro for the N64...worst game ever

Now, I wouldn't say that.

I mean, a game where you can force your opponent to get counted out by making him disco can't be TOO bad.

Guest Scotsman
WCW Nitro for the N64...worst game ever

Now, I wouldn't say that.

I mean, a game where you can force your opponent to get counted out by making him disco can't be TOO bad.

Say what?

Guest fazzle

One of the unlockable stages(at least for the PSX version) turns the arena into a disco hall.  If you do your taunt, you will disco (do the YMCA?  I don''t remember) dance.  And, your opponent will also do it automatically.  So, if you're inside the ring, and they're out, you can force a CO.

Guest Cameron Chaos

I remember there being this monster wrestling game for the Neo Geo with Ultra Man in it, as well as a Godzilla esque monster and a few others. They were all giants and you would fight over a city and be able to beat the shit out of your opponent by throwing them into building as well as using super moves. Can anyone else remember this? And more importantly, what are the chances you will review it, Scots?

Guest fazzle

I remember there was an Ultraman game for the SNES.

I also remember it being complete shit.

Guest theWCWRaider

I remember playing this wrestling game for the NES a long time ago.

I don't remember much about the game, accept that it had different rings.

One was covered in ice, so that your characters would slide across it.

Another ring had electrified ropes, if you ran against the ropes, you'd lose energy, and such.

Damn, anyone know what the name of this game is?

Guest Stupendous Man

Nitro was shit in game form.  However, the thing that made me laugh most about it was how everyone had the same low grunt, even the women.  That's just scary.

You should review Pikmin Scots, that game's all sorts of screwy, you could probably do something good with it.