TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Masked Man of Mystery

Hello everyone

Just wanted to say hi really quick. Hope I can contribute to the board, and all that. I'll say more later.

Guest HungryJack

Ha. that's actually almost funny. well done man. If this turns out to be you-know-who, I will laugh. It would also be funny if he had a stroke.

Guest El Satanico

bah gawd hellfire and brimstone it's an evil troll...they must be stopped before they destroy us aaaaaaalllllll

:yawns:

Guest Danny Dubya v 2.0

Ignore them, Bret. They just think you're someone else 'cause a recurring flamer/troll/ectect. on here always shows themselves as a newbie and says "hihi welcome me f00bs". The guy's name is Bret Hitman Hart, has a board avatar and talks normally. And the chances of this being a throwoff attempt are pretty damn low.

All you really have to do to be of help here is be able to post your opinions, ideas, jokes, ect. without flaming or looking desperate at the same time. Also, whenever you see the name "Eagan" it's best to scroll down the page. The rest of the board will tell you the same.

Welcome to the boards and have fun.

Guest Eagan469
Also, whenever you see the name "Eagan" it's best to scroll down the page.

The bandwaggon left without you 2 months ago.

No use hopping on now, Danny Boy...

Ignore them, Bret. They just think you're someone else 'cause a recurring flamer/troll/ectect. on here always shows themselves as a newbie and says "hihi welcome me f00bs". The guy's name is Bret Hitman Hart, has a board avatar and talks normally. And the chances of this being a throwoff attempt are pretty damn low.

All you really have to do to be of help here is be able to post your opinions, ideas, jokes, ect. without flaming or looking desperate at the same time. Also, whenever you see the name "Eagan" it's best to scroll down the page. The rest of the board will tell you the same.

You're right. Everytime I sign up for an internet message board, the first thing I do is post a message saying hi. I think everyone should do this. Or not.

Guest The Old Me

You're right. Everytime I sign up for an internet message board, the first thing I do is post a message saying hi. I think everyone should do this. Or not.

This is like a #1 rule of what NOT to do.

Guest Eagan469

So why don't we just amend the rules to say that welcome posts will not be tolerated?

I know the mods go by the rules Dames layed down, which basically state that if a poster doesn't blatently act like a troll, he can stay. That forces them to throw out the old "Well, we can't ban him because he might be a decent poster" line everytime randomname #458 comes in and starts a thread like this.

That excuse is wearing thin.

Guest The Old Me

I guess because a new guy could come in and start a post like this and be a true poster. It's a chance they don't want to take, I guess.

I've seen people come in and post a hi, I'm new here message, but then immediately post something of substance to the board. Just posting a hi, i'm new here is silly but I don't think should be disallowed unless its blatantly stupid like "Hi, I'm new, HHH rulz!!"

oldschoolwrestling Posted on Sep 16 2003, 09:07 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've seen people come in and post a hi, I'm new here message, but then immediately post something of substance to the board. Just posting a hi, i'm new here is silly but I don't think should be disallowed unless its blatantly stupid like "Hi, I'm new, HHH rulz!!" 

Prince Paul wins. Simple and plain he worked us enough times that now we cast a sceptical eye on every new member.

And there is nothing wrong with a person coming on with a thread saying "Hi, I'm new, HHH rulz!!". Sure, in this smark hell, HHH is the devil without the horns, tail, or good music but I'm sure someone loves him.

Eagan469 Posted on Sep 16 2003, 08:08 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So why don't we just amend the rules to say that welcome posts will not be tolerated?

I know the mods go by the rules Dames layed down, which basically state that if a poster doesn't blatently act like a troll, he can stay. That forces them to throw out the old "Well, we can't ban him because he might be a decent poster" line everytime randomname #458 comes in and starts a thread like this.

That excuse is wearing thin. 

So then we should just lock down the forums forever?

Guest The Old Me

Prince Paul wins. Simple and plain he worked us enough times that now we cast a sceptical eye on every new member.

And there is nothing wrong with a person coming on with a thread saying "Hi, I'm new, HHH rulz!!". Sure, in this smark hell, HHH is the devil without the horns, tail, or good music but I'm sure someone loves him.

On some boards, differences of opinion are allowed.

This place is troll heaven, and has everyone paranoid.

On some boards, differences of opinion are allowed.

This place is troll heaven, and has everyone paranoid.

I'm not saying they can't love HHH. You can just tell when someone registers and their first post is to announce their love for a wrestler that is not popular and they have nothing to back it up that they are merely trying to piss people off.

Guest Danny Dubya v 2.0

Not every new user knows better or has been on a message board like this before. There's quite a big chance that anyone new to the IWC with this board as their first to use would expect you all to have half-assed grammar/spelling and jump on anyone who says someone else sucks.