TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Slapnuts00

Dave mustaine injured, megadeth disbanded!

Guest Slapnuts00

I can't believe it but Dave Mustaine has suffered nerve damage and can no longer play, and as a result has disbanded Megadeth. I don't know how many metal fans there are here, but for those who are, this is indeed very sad news. Ironically I was listning to their new live album "Rude Awakening" when I read the news. Here it is from their official site: http://www.megadeth.com/news/pr/disband.html

:(

Guest swan

Damn shame. I missed them last time they came through town. I'll kick myself the rest of my life for that one. Best of luck to ya Dave, you've come a long way.

Guest redbaron51

I heard about it on Muchmusic. Indeed this is sad.

Rust in Peace Megadeth, Rust In Peace

Guest TheyCallMeMark

NooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

This is the fucking end of an era! Why God, why?

They're getting shot down one by one.  First Metallica is screwed over by James' alcohol addiction and Newsted quits, now Megadeth?  What's the world commin' to?!

Guest areacode212

Wow, this is really sad news. I loved Megadeth in high school, and always thought Mustaine was a guitar god. I met them twice in one day back (once outside a radio station, and then later at Tower Records) during the Clash of the Titans tour (1990?), and they were all very polite. Good luck to you, Dave.

Guest redbaron51

Doesn't Pantera wanted to retire from music too, since that'll be another thrash metal band down.

Soon it'll be Slayer, then Maiden. :(

Guest swan
Doesn't Pantera wanted to retire from music too, since that'll be another thrash metal band down.

I wouldn't believe a word Phil says.One week he says Pantera is over, the next week he says that wasn't what he said. The guy needs to put the needle away.

Guest WildPegasusXXII

good...maybe this'lll keep his whiny ass out of my guitar magazines from now on...granted it sucks that he got hurt, but still...megadeth WAS decent...until Dave turned into an asshole and went nuts. Oh, wait..that happened before he started Megadeth...its why they kicked him out of Metallica. He's the most cynical negative guy I've ever seen. As for disbanding, what a crock of shit...every time someone else left, he immediately replaced them and kept going...he was practically the only original guy left anyways, so I guess they mights well either break up or change names. I'll never understand how a half dozen powerchords and some harmonics can make such a career for such a dick.

Guest Red Hot Thumbtack In The Eye

I'll bet he keeps the band together and just hires another guy for guitar guties.

Guest Shaved Bear
The guy needs to put the needle away.

o you can say that again, I saw Pantera live in June, Phil looked like a weak mess

Guest El Satanico

This would be different if Megadeth had put out any decent albums in the ten years after Countdown to extinction, but since they haven't i fail to see the big deal.

All I can say is thank christ. Mustaine and company released on godlike album and then crapped out a bunch of worthless garbage. Rust In Peace should have been the end of it.

"They're getting shot down one by one.  First Metallica is screwed over by James' alcohol addiction and Newsted quits, now Megadeth?  What's the world commin' to?!"

Newstead apparently grew some brains and left the band. At least he will be recording with Voivod now.

"Doesn't Pantera wanted to retire from music too, since that'll be another thrash metal band down.

Soon it'll be Slayer, then Maiden."

Since when are Pantera and Iron Maiden thrash bands?

"True, Phil can never keep his word"

He said that he would take Satyricon and Morbid Angel out on tour and did so.

Guest Slapnuts00

Man, you all are so negative, Metallica and Death evolved, get over it, the music still kicks more ass than anything out there. As for Dave, he's a cool guy, ever since he went clean he's become much more melow (check out the Megadeth behind the music, it's great). And the band can't continue without him, he IS Megadeth. He writes, sings and plays guitar for all of their songs. Maybe David Ellefson can join Metallica as their new bassist?

Guest redbaron51

I wouldn't mind Ellefson in Metallica.

Like his opinion would matter in that band though.

Pantera has been considered thrash metal for a while. Maiden was just an example of metal bands going away.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Pantera? Thrash? Whoever considers Pantera thrash needs to actually listen to thrash metal. They have a couple of thrashy songs, "Fucking Hostile" and "The Great Southern Trendkill" and "Suicide Note Pt. II" come to mind, but other than that, most of their stuff isn't fast enough to be thrash, but just at a good speed to just say "heavy metal." One of those bands, along with Black Label Society and Corrosion Of Conformity (older work), to just be "heavy metal."

And why would you say Maiden when talking about metal bands going away when they just released their best album in years in 2000? Wow, 2 years ago...they toured all throughout 2000 and 2001 in support of it...so it's been only a few months with no news from them, so they MUST have gone away...

Personally, I'm waiting for another Shadows Fall album and tour, but that's just me...

Dave's departure from the metal scene is a huge one, as the man practically INVENTED thrash metal by penning the 4 best songs on Metallica's debut. Well, aside from "Motörbreath," of course... :D

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Rest In Peace MegaDeath.

without MegaDeath...i don't want to think about what the music industry would be like. Mustaine & Co. influence so many bands and helped make metal into the entity it is today.

"Pantera has been considered thrash metal for a while. Maiden was just an example of metal bands going away."

Uhm...

"Pantera? Thrash? Whoever considers Pantera thrash needs to actually listen to thrash metal. They have a couple of thrashy songs, "Fucking Hostile" and "The Great Southern Trendkill" and "Suicide Note Pt. II" come to mind, but other than that, most of their stuff isn't fast enough to be thrash, but just at a good speed to just say "heavy metal." One of those bands, along with Black Label Society and Corrosion Of Conformity (older work), to just be "heavy metal."

Thank you for taking care of that for me. And...

"And why would you say Maiden when talking about metal bands going away when they just released their best album in years in 2000? Wow, 2 years ago...they toured all throughout 2000 and 2001 in support of it...so it's been only a few months with no news from them, so they MUST have gone away..."

They sold out Madison Square Garden too. Thank you again.

"Man, you all are so negative, Metallica and Death evolved, get over it, the music still kicks more ass than anything out there."

I could run off an entire list of bands that you have never heard of who own Metallica and Megadeth. Metal is more then what you hear on the radio my friend.

Guest Slapnuts00
"Man, you all are so negative, Metallica and Death evolved, get over it, the music still kicks more ass than anything out there."

I could run off an entire list of bands that you have never heard of who own Metallica and Megadeth. Metal is more then what you hear on the radio my friend.

Ahhh, the old "Unheard of struggling independent band that is WAYYY better than known band of same genre" argument. What is so funny, is not that usually the argument is that they are not as known because they have never been given a chance (no, not that maybe they're just not as good), but that if they ever did break into the "mainstream" all of the old fans who were so cocky about liking them when no one else had ever heard of them, would turn on them in an instant claiming they had "sold out" and "changed" and then would look for a new band no one has ever heard of to claim that they are better than the "washed up" band that before making it big was of course the greatest band ever since only you and no one else has heard of them and they are way better than any known bands that get radio play. Just venting, but that's the way I see it.

"Ahhh, the old "Unheard of struggling independent band that is WAYYY better than known band of same genre" argument. What is so funny, is not that usually the argument is that they are not as known because they have never been given a chance (no, not that maybe they're just not as good), but that if they ever did break into the "mainstream" all of the old fans who were so cocky about liking them when no one else had ever heard of them, would turn on them in an instant claiming they had "sold out" and "changed" and then would look for a new band no one has ever heard of to claim that they are better than the "washed up" band that before making it big was of course the greatest band ever since only you and no one else has heard of them and they are way better than any known bands that get radio play. Just venting, but that's the way I see it."

Having been a part of the underground scene for some eight years or so, I must sadly concur that this is usually the case. It is the 'more underground then you' syndrome. Quite popular in blackmetal. I would like to go on record as saying that I am not one of these people. One of my favorite bands just signed to Sony (Cradle of Filth) and I still support them ardently despite the fact that I am constantly flamed for liking them. I made my original statement in earnest. I have never been huge on Metallica or Megadeth even when they were making the music that the underground really dug them for.

I completely understand and agree with your point. I just do not think that I fall into that category.

Guest swan
Newstead apparently grew some brains and left the band. At least he will be recording with Voivod now.

Actually part of the reason he left was his new band Echobrain. They have a killer album out that is getting rave reviews and they have a mini west coast tour planned. Check them out. Check out the link.

http://www.blistering.com/news/newsdet.php3?ID=2837