TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dave O'Neill, Journalist

Question (Not Negative) About Wildside

1inch, what's your vendetta against Iceberg? I'm not claiming that the man is the second coming of Ricky Steamboat or anything, but for his size he's pretty good. Do you just hate super-heavyweight wrestlers in general?

Nope, not really, considering I like Big Show on Smackdown (although thats because he's been booked so well). I dont see how a promotion that prides itself on its juniors can book an entire fed around one fat fuck and expect it to be believable.

If anyone would like to point out his Japan work, where they have a clue how to book big men, i'll gladly watch it.

Then, he goes to TNA, booked by my hero Russo, who has, in the past, gotten guys like Mark Henry, Billy Gunn and other untalented hacks over to, in Gunn's case, a main event push, and yet he cant do anything with Iceberg, who promptly goes and fucks up on live PPV.

TNA horribly misused him. Iceberg's whole gimmick is that he's this giant hardcocre monster who can take good bumps for being so damn big. It's TNA's fault for putting him in an anti-hardcore gimmick.

Yes but then why did his two matches, one a hardcore match, and the other with a guy known as a good bumper suck balls

I watched that Iceberg match...it was pretty bad. I honestly don't get the hype he receives at all.

And I don't blame the ROH fans for booing him out of the building, especially when ROH had a poll on their site asking if they wanted more superheavyweights, which was responded to with a resounding "NO".

Here's a Hint, If he's reading...watch some Vader matches

Plus, a guy of his size shouldnt eed to use a veggie peeler as a weapon

Furthermore, a veggie peeler is a pathetic weapon

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood

Iceberg vs. David Young

Iceberg vs. Rick Michaels (that clickwrestle match up there, that got rated a 9/10 by people who've seen it.)

Iceberg vs. Homicide

Iceberg vs. Tank (Cage of Horrors match)

-these are all on the same tape btw.

This stuff annoys the living hell out of me, when people base their opinions of a wrestler on a few 2-minute matches that play AGAINST all their strengths. It's very similar to people saying "Ian Rotten is a shitty wrestler" based only on the Taipei glass crapfests from 10 years ago, or "CZW is a worthless garbage fed" based on the Staple Gun match from 1999 or the Mad Man Pondo scissors match from 2000.

As Jingus said, he ain't the second coming of Ricky Steamboat, but he and I have actually seen this guy work more than two matches, in his element, and all the shit he gets here is totally unfounded and undeserved. You want proof, check the matches above, especially that Iceberg/Young match. Pretty damn sweet, imo.

Edited by ShooterJay

Compared to who?????

And If you say Abyss, I'll go spare, because Abyss rules

Jesus you seem to love Grimes. Vic Grimes this, Vic Grimes that. If Grimes had any talent whatsoever he'd be in WWE, or at the very least TNA. But no, he decided to get himself fired from WWE by decding to not bring WRESTLING BOOTS to a WRESTLING SHOW. He then topped this by getting himself nearly killed in ECW, and got blackballed from both WWF (who, at one point, had him in mind for a massive push)and WCW (who were interested) by nearly killing himself live on ECW.PPV

He then went to XPW, topped his previous suicide attempt in a legit scaffold match

A scaffold match for chrisssake, what is this, 1985????

Sees what promtion Vic was wrestling for at the time

forget it.

To wit, Vic, as well as been an ass, is horribly overrated. The only reason his matches are any "good" (in the XPW sense of the word) are because his opponents are carrying him.

And when Shane Douglas is carrying you to matches, youve got problems

Jesus you seem to love Grimes. Vic Grimes this, Vic Grimes that. If Grimes had any talent whatsoever he'd be in WWE, or at the very least TNA. But no, he decided to get himself fired from WWE by decding to not bring WRESTLING BOOTS to a WRESTLING SHOW. He then topped this by getting himself nearly killed in ECW, and got blackballed from both WWF (who, at one point, had him in mind for a massive push)and WCW (who were interested) by nearly killing himself live on ECW.PPV

He then went to XPW, topped his previous suicide attempt in a legit scaffold match

forget it.

To wit, Vic, as well as been an ass, is horribly overrated. The only reason his matches are any "good" (in the XPW sense of the word) are because his opponents are carrying him.

How about doing us all a favor and not bitching about things you have no knowledge about?

Grimes wasn't "blackballed" from the WWF. The reason he was released was because of roster cuts that were made. If you did any research, you'd find that the very same day he was released, Blue Meanie and Steve Bradley were also released.

"He then topped this by getting himself nearly killed in ECW"

So, you're telling me that as someone with five years of experience and being trained by some of the best trainers in the world, he doesn't have the right to take risky bumps? Would you say the same about Nick Mondo?

Chris Hero hasn't worked for TNA. Nor has American Dragon. You're an idiot.

"The only reason his matches are any "good" (in the XPW sense of the word) are because his opponents are carrying him.

And when Shane Douglas is carrying you to matches, youve got problems"

Considering you obviously haven't seen any of his XPW matches, I wouldn't be talking. And even if you've seen any, you've proved beyond a shadow of a doubt in this reply that those that you have seen you entered with an immensely negative mindset that would prevent AmDrag/London from being considered "good."

And consider that he's the one maintaining the pace of the match most often because he's the heel when he's in XPW (besides his matches there in the last year). Too bad you didn't think before bitching. Don't try again.

Guest netslob

so basically you don't like Iceberg because he's fat..that's great, VERY open-minded of you...i suggest tracking Mr. 'berg down, going to his face, and tell him that what you think of his dietary habits...i'm sure he'll be very receptive as he's kicking the ever-lovin' fuck outta you. that goes double for Mr. Lazarus.

forget it.

How about doing us all a favor and not bitching about things you have no knowledge about?

Grimes wasn't "blackballed" from the WWF. The reason he was released was because of roster cuts that were made. If you did any research, you'd find that the very same day he was released, Blue Meanie and Steve Bradley were also released.

So, you're telling me that as someone with five years of experience and being trained by some of the best trainers in the world, he doesn't have the right to take risky bumps? Would you say the same about Nick Mondo?

"The only reason his matches are any "good" (in the XPW sense of the word) are because his opponents are carrying him.

Considering you obviously haven't seen any of his XPW matches, I wouldn't be talking. And even if you've seen any, you've proved beyond a shadow of a doubt in this reply that those that you have seen you entered with an immensely negative mindset that would prevent AmDrag/London from being considered "good."

And consider that he's the one maintaining the pace of the match most often because he's the heel when he's in XPW (besides his matches there in the last year). Too bad you didn't think before bitching. Don't try again.

Jesus Johnny Calm Down.

When Grimes was brought into the WWF, as Key (as in Kilo, of Drugs, God Bless ya Russo, my hero) he was dressed all in white. However, he couldnt find any white wrestling boots (highspots is thataway ->), and BADLY blew his big shot. As a result, he was sent to ECW as part of that hokey talent exchange and got involved in DA Baldies, taking over from Vito when he went WCW. When Vic and New Jack threw themselves off whatever that thing was, WWF severed ties with him. Which is disapointing, because as a garbage wrestler he's pretty decent, and was considered for a huge push, working with Foley of all people. Russo considered him to bring in on two occasions, but the higher ups considered him a liability.

Personally though, as a wrestler i think he's overrated, and not even a big man either. While he's no Paul London, he certainly aint Iceberg. If Iceberg is comparable to anyone in XPW, its Supreme, or Pogo

Chris Hero has worked for TNA, he worked XPlosion a while Back.

The only reason Danielsen hasnt been considered is because allof his matches are mat orientated and need at least ten minutes psychology before he does anything.

And I've seen loads of XPW, mainly the really early stuff, or the Shane Douglas stuff (blame that on my blind markdom for him)

forget it.

Jesus Johnny Calm Down.

When Grimes was brought into the WWF, as Key (as in Kilo, of Drugs, God Bless ya Russo, my hero) he was dressed all in white. However, he couldnt find any white wrestling boots (highspots is thataway ->), and BADLY blew his big shot. As a result, he was sent to ECW as part of that hokey talent exchange and got involved in DA Baldies, taking over from Vito when he went WCW. When Vic and New Jack threw themselves off whatever that thing was, WWF severed ties with him. Which is disapointing, because as a garbage wrestler he's pretty decent, and was considered for a huge push, working with Foley of all people. Russo considered him to bring in on two occasions, but the higher ups considered him a liability.

Personally though, as a wrestler i think he's overrated, and not even a big man either. While he's no Paul London, he certainly aint Iceberg. If Iceberg is comparable to anyone in XPW, its Supreme, or Pogo

Chris Hero has worked for TNA, he worked XPlosion a while Back.

The only reason Danielsen hasnt been considered is because allof his matches are mat orientated and need at least ten minutes psychology before he does anything.

And I've seen loads of XPW, mainly the really early stuff, or the Shane Douglas stuff (blame that on my blind markdom for him)

Actually, the scaffold incident happened in March and he was released in July. So, clearly WWE didn't release him just b/c of the scaffold incident. If they did, they would've released him not one not two not three but *Four* months earlier than they did. After the scaffold thing, he was kept by WWF for four whole months.

"Which is disapointing, because as a garbage wrestler he's pretty decent, and was considered for a huge push, working with Foley of all people."

There were NEVER any plans for him to work with Foley. He was going to work with Godfather, until he got injured. There's no way that they would book him from feuding with a midcarder like Godfather to a main eventer like Foley. The reason he was sent to ECW was not because of the boots incident. WWE could've easily supplied him with boots and even though they didn't, they never would've fired him for that. As he's cited many times, the reasons that he was sent to ECW were a. Vince Russo's leaving WWF left creative w/ out interest in him and b. Godfather got injured and that was who he was cheduled to feud with.

Forget Hero, if you'd like. B-Boy, Derek Wylde, Homicide, Danny Maff, Xavier, etc. were all never used by NWA-TNA, despite being fantastic workers. Not working for TNA doesn't mean a thing. Besides, Grimes rarely works on the East Coast. TNA has to fly out Kazarian each week already, so why add to that list and continually use Grimes. They're not exactly as financially prosperous as WWE.

"And I've seen loads of XPW, mainly the really early stuff, or the Shane Douglas stuff (blame that on my blind markdom for him)"

There are very few really early matches in XPW that were great. Which ones pre-2001 have you seen? And which ones have you seen before the Philly run but after January 2001?

Unless you've bought XPW TV shows, you haven't seen most of Grimes' best work. The home videos that have been released have primarily showcased his less impressive bouts.

If you'd like, I could personally ask Grimes about whether he was scheduled to work with Foley. I just got in contact w/ him a month ago through JR Benson and I think he'd be more than happy to shoot down that rumor.

Damn I wanted to add that. He teamed with Ace Steel, I think, or was against him when they decided to turn him into the next AJ Styles.

Anyway, I remember reading, back before i had the net, and relied on Powerslam Magazine, that someone had an idea for Grimes to become "Animalkind" or something crap like that, and feud with Foley in the summer of 1999, before Foley's knee gave out. This would co-incide with your assessment of him being released at that time, possibly because "creative had nothing for him".

I dunno, I got rid of all my old Powerslams ages ago and my memory is kinda fuzzy, but I'm convinced thats what I saw.

Guest trickstyle_360

I'm agreeing with Barber with the first time EVAR. Vic Grimes is a good wrestler, regardless of any hardcore shenanigans he's participated in.

Well, I just saw another Iceberg match.

The new one they uploaded at ClickWrestle.

Yeah, I'm still not impressed by him. Add into the fact that he threw one of the most pathetic kicks I've ever seen, I still don't blame the ROH crowd for booing him out of the building.

Yeah, I know I'll be told to seek him out, but I've now seen 2 matches of his that I haven't liked. Its not exactly going to endear me to see anymore of him.

Also, there's no way that he's 600 pounds. Yokozuna was 600 pounds plus and he was much fatter than Iceberg. 500 maybe, but not 600.