TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
OldSchoolWrestling

The Rock..........................................

Goldberg is a pretty lukewarm face. No kidding Rock would outshine him--again.

As I stated I'm not bashing him, but I'd prefer either a) full time return or b) complete retirement. His short returns have only led to him helping Fuck Goldberg and getting a program with Stone Old (Brock was back to being heatless after Summerslam, so while the win helped make Brock a star, it wasn't the main factor in it). If he's going to help build a new star who doesn't suck, come on back. Otherwise, stay away.

I don't want him to come back and put over Randy Orton.

From Meltzer:

Rock was all over the Chicago media this morning promoting his movie. When asked if he would return to wrestling, he never answered the question. On the FOX morning show, anchor Tamron Hall talked about how he had to give up wrestling because of a back injury. He noted that was what ended his football career. On WGN, reporter Dean richards was a lot better prepared and sad the movie would be a big hit.

The WGN Morning News > whatever Fox 32 has now.

No way the guy is done.......being a professional wrestler is like an addiction. No matter how many movies or how well your movies do it will NEVER be the same or amount to 10,000 - 60,000 people screaming for you and shouting your name while you perform in front of them and have them eating out of the palm of your hand. Nothing

Guest NS Ahmed
The Rock has probably realizes what I imagine is the dream of many wrestlers: Becoming hugely rich and popular, and being able to retire on top free of injury, incredibly wealthy and very very over. In other words, on a high note.The fact is, he doesn't need WWE; the WWE needs the Rock and they don't deserve him.

That's right. The Rock isn't stupid, why the hell does he need to go back to wrestling? He's already got all he wants, and more than billions HAVE......he's fine where he is.....but the only thing is,

ALL THE FANS WANT HIM BACK!!!!!

He could put RAW back on track, treat the fans again, and I really hope he does so.

The only issue I see here is that he's building his movie career as "The Rock" and not as Dwayne Johnson. WWE owns the name Rock and I think the appearances he puts in by coming back every few months are to satisfy Vince to allow him to continue the use of the name Rock. It'll be hard to become successful in Hollywood then one start using the Dwayne name.

The only issue I see here is that he's building his movie career as "The Rock" and not as Dwayne Johnson. WWE owns the name Rock and I think the appearances he puts in by coming back every few months are to satisfy Vince to allow him to continue the use of the name Rock. It'll be hard to become successful in Hollywood then one start using the Dwayne name.

I've heard from a variety of news sources through the AP, that Vince has given Johnson the rights to the Rock name in exchange for being Executive Producer on his films.

last summer, dwayne johnson bought the trademark rights of "the rock" from the wwe. so he can use "the rock" as long as he likes.

The only issue I see here is that he's building his movie career as "The Rock" and not as Dwayne Johnson.  WWE owns the name Rock and I think the appearances he puts in by coming back every few months are to satisfy Vince to allow him to continue the use of the name Rock.  It'll be hard to become successful in Hollywood then one start using the Dwayne name.

last summer, dwayne johnson bought the trademark rights of "the rock" from the wwe. so he can use "the rock" as long as he likes.

No shit? Ok, he's GONE!