TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Favorite series

I have to go with New X-Men, which is the only thing I'm keeping up with monthly. If Planetary came out more, it would take the top spot, though. Ultimate Spider-Man is also in the running.

Guest gthureson

A few months ago, I would have said Detective.   But Rucka seemed to have stumbled a bit with his crossover parts.  And now they are into a Triad drug war in 'Tec...bleah.   I'll still read through it, but its not as good as the year and a bit before that.

I'm really digging Daredevil.

But the book I'm looking forward to every month is probably Lucifer.   Can't explain why, I just want to know what happens next.

Guest areacode212

Yeah, I'll go with Daredevil, too. Too bad it appears that I've lost one of my recent issues. Damn, this sucks. Fuck!

gthureson is right. A few months ago, I would've put 'Tec on top. But the book has lost a lot of its distinctive feel, with cover artist Dave Johnson, penciller Shawn Martinbrough and the cool color scheme all gone. And I would have liked it if they had waited a while before unleashing the "Murderer" storyline, so we could have enjoyed more stories with the new supporting cast of Sasha, Commissioner Akins, and the various cops (Maggie Sawyer, Montoya, etc). I'm really peeved that the old art team couldn't stick around.

Runners-up: Alias, X-Force

Guest gthureson

The first 'Murderer' part focussing on the GCPD detectives was good in Detective.

But what I want to know is what is happening with Sascha?  She is not even mentioned by Bruce in the last 'Tec.   She had been built up into a fairly important part of his life, then whammo....he breaks out of jail and forgets about her.

I'm worried for the character in general, because Brubaker never seemed overly interested in her, and just seemed to toss her in 'Batman' just to keep some sort of continuity with Tec.

Guest pochorenella

I'm gonna say Ultimate Spider-Man. It has yet to dissapoint me. Peace.

Guest crandamaniac

X-Force, Incredible Hulk, New X-men, and Amazing Spiderman have got to be the best work that Marvel is putting out right now IMO

Guest Zack Malibu

Daredevil and Incredible Hulk.

I'm also big on the Rising Stars series from Top Cow, and I'm giving GI Joe a shot again.

Guest areacode212
But what I want to know is what is happening with Sascha?  She is not even mentioned by Bruce in the last 'Tec.   She had been built up into a fairly important part of his life, then whammo....he breaks out of jail and forgets about her.

I'm worried for the character in general, because Brubaker never seemed overly interested in her, and just seemed to toss her in 'Batman' just to keep some sort of continuity with Tec.

Yeah, the near future doesn't look good for us Sasha fans. Steve Lieber posted a message at Comicboards in mid-February saying that he hasn't drawn Sasha since issue #767--which came out two months ago. And since artists work several months in advance, it's safe to say that we won't be seeing her for a while (unless, of course, she was featured in an issue drawn by a fill-in artist).

Guest raptor

eXiles has just recentley become my favorite. The characterization and dialouge have been spot-on. Plus, Winnick makes you care about new versions of b-level characters (Sunfire, Mimic). Blink is the best character in comics right now, IMHO.

I'm also very partial to Powers, The X-Corps storyline in Uncanny X-Men, and X-Treme X-Men.